Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503905 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1650 on: June 21, 2014, 02:27:01 am »

I dreamed that my lawn was full of turtles. For some reason I cannot fathom this was awesome. I was sorely disappointed when I woke up
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1651 on: June 21, 2014, 03:21:48 am »

MY BODY IS NOT A GIANT MAGNET
THE IRON IN YOUR BLOOD IS MAGNETIC
THERE'S BUGGER ALL IRON IN MY BLOOD I HAVE A DEFICIENCY
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 21, 2014, 03:33:57 am »

MY BODY IS NOT A GIANT MAGNET
THE IRON IN YOUR BLOOD IS MAGNETIC
THERE'S BUGGER ALL IRON IN MY BLOOD I HAVE A DEFICIENCY

Then you're either choking to death right now... or InIn confirmed for an insect.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #1653 on: June 21, 2014, 03:55:32 am »

This morning I had a dream about kissing.

Usually I don't really like kissing. It's weird and confusing. But in this dream, I was kissing this girl I've been in love with for years, and it was just awesome.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 21, 2014, 01:34:04 pm »

I had some fucking horror movie dream about a ghost chick that would steal your soul if she caught you outside. Somehow managed to scare the shit out of me. She ate my friends souls. ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 21, 2014, 03:46:47 pm »

she whipped out a gun, pointed it at me, and then I went flying backwards down the (very long) hallway before hitting a light fitting
I don't know whether to sig this or OOC it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 22, 2014, 12:18:40 am »

The dream thread is a fun place sometimes ain't it?
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 22, 2014, 03:15:53 am »

I dreamed that my lawn was full of turtles. For some reason I cannot fathom this was awesome. I was sorely disappointed when I woke up
Turtles you say?

One of the weirdest dreams I can recall is when I dreamed that my 6th grade class was in a civil war with itself and my side was defending a massive fortress. The fortress was useful because each side only had one non-medieval weapon: an AK-47. Why, I don't know. The dream involved a lot of trying to figure out where the safety on the gun was and having to kill the girl I had a crush on because she had the other gun.

Yeah, I was a weird 6th grader.

Nothing of note in the years since then, at least not that I can remember fully. A lot of vague memories of fighting and once bizarre dream where the really bad substitute Spanish teacher began to yell at and insult the students and got fired.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1658 on: June 22, 2014, 03:48:40 am »

One of the weirdest dreams I can recall is when I dreamed that my 6th grade class was in a civil war with itself and my side was defending a massive fortress. The fortress was useful because each side only had one non-medieval weapon: an AK-47. Why, I don't know. The dream involved a lot of trying to figure out where the safety on the gun was and having to kill the girl I had a crush on because she had the other gun.

Yeah, I was a weird 6th grader.
That sounds pretty normal for my school life, actually.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 22, 2014, 04:38:22 am »

Another dream I remember played out entirely as C++ programming language on a screen, exactly as how things would have been programmed (or at least generally)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 22, 2014, 04:56:29 am »

I had some fucking horror movie dream about a ghost chick that would steal your soul if she caught you outside. Somehow managed to scare the shit out of me. She ate my friends souls. ;-;

Holy shit, I had a horror movie-esque dream last night, too.
It followed a doctor in a small town, I can't remember much of the earlier parts but people started having these horrifying, violent visions of recently deceased loved ones and such. At first it was put down to hallucinations, but then people around the town started dying, and as the main character inspected the bodies he somehow figured out that there were demons attacking people's souls.

I don't remember the details, sadly, since it was a pretty cool dream, but I remember one part towards the end, where he and another guy were driving away from the town for some reason and discussing how easy it would be for them to just keep driving and escape, especially since the Doc didn't have any family of his own- but out of a sense of duty, he turned the car around and went back, to fight the demons either until it stopped happening or "it turns out the town's on top of an old burial site or something, and it never stops".
It was simultaneously creepy as fuck and awesome.

The dream I had before that involved me getting lost in a huge shopping centre, hanging out with a RL friend of mine, deciding to throw either an orgy or a party (I think/hope the dream got the two terms confused) with some other friends and then (there was a scene shift, which was kinda cool) regaining consciousness on a couch, completely smashed, surrounded by a large crowd of friends of mine, past and present- some of whom I know today, some of whom I haven't seen in years.
They all laughed at how much I was slurring my words, and one guy was pouring a can of red bull on me for some reason, but then I straightened up, slapped myself in the face a few times and sobered up. Somehow. It was actually a really nice dream, and made me want to hang out with those people more often.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 22, 2014, 08:50:35 am »

Had one there now about me in a posse with my dad at the head. We were going through a piece of land on our farm we call the "Railway" (It used to be a railway track) looking for, of all things, sheep rustlers. In RL we have no sheep. For some reason instead of a gun like the others had, I was riding my horse with an axe. Then, somehow, there was a random girl who was working on behalf of the rustlers to seduce me away from the posse. Apparently, with me there, the posse couldn't lose (Go ego!)

It worked, and the next day dad was pretty furious. The rustlers had flanked and beaten them, and he was now forming a new party. I then woke up, and I can only assume that the same thing would have happened again.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 22, 2014, 08:58:42 am »

So, this is what happened today because I finally had an interesting dream:

- We were in some weird sort of building with my classmates and our culture studies teacher (I guess that's the name of it...) where he was apparently testing us in some way, shape or form, kinda like Saw, but less extreme.
I can't remember what the first two tests were about, but for the final one, we were standing in front of my bathroom in my house (so in our kitchen, because to get to our first story bathroom you need to go through the kitchen) and he was explaining something to us.

Then I walked into the bathroom, they threw a white bottle, like that with pills, and locked the door.
I pick the bottle up and start reading the tiny wall of text written on it. (said bottle also had images from Planetar Annihilation at morning, midday and night...because you could take them at all times of the day or something)

I then start reading, and apparently the test was about inhaling the contents of the bottle (which looked like white dust...hint hint, drugs) and something about hallucinations and the mirror. I immediately started crying because I knew it would end badly, so I decided "You know what, fuck this dream, I'm outta here." and woke up to avoid drugging myself in sleep which in most cases wouldn't require me to do that anyway.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 22, 2014, 10:46:27 am »

Geez. MY dream last night was about fishing with my old man, and we caught a turtle. We fed it bacon (which was kept around for snack purposes) to get it to open its mouth and get the hook out, and propped its mouth open with my glasses. It broke my glasses, we got the hook out, and I gave it lots of bacon to eat because I felt bad for it. But then it smiled at me, and I woke up.

You guys are messed up lol (joking :P)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 22, 2014, 12:33:56 pm »

What is it with the high content of violence, romance, and nudity in dreams, anyway? Or is that just me?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 338