Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502545 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1665 on: June 22, 2014, 12:44:06 pm »

Dreams take the improbable and makes it probable. If your life was James Bond you may dream of an office job. :P

But nah, dreams are nearly anything imaginable. Violence, hate, greed, lust. These are all powerful emotions, and so feature heavily. The only ones talked about are these ones. I've had dreams of reading a book. Of being a (surprisingly) benevolent king, of drinking tea, eating dinner, and rather mundane stuff.

Then there's the pure weird, where you're in a murder mystery and following clues that your mind left in random places in a mind-house. But that only happened to me once :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: June 22, 2014, 12:52:30 pm »

Oh yeah, dreams of mundane stuff are the best. You're not going to forget them because they're normal things. It's great.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: June 22, 2014, 04:52:04 pm »

Yeah, I've had a lot of dreams where mundane things happen, like I go to school or work or something, but then I'll realize that it's a dream, and I'll just start having sex with any of the random people around me. I wonder what that says about me as a person.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: June 22, 2014, 05:02:37 pm »

Yeah, I've had a lot of dreams where mundane things happen, like I go to school or work or something, but then I'll realize that it's a dream, and I'll just start having sex with any of the random people around me. I wonder what that says about me as a person.

That you have extremely straightforward approach to things, I suppose.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1669 on: June 22, 2014, 06:12:25 pm »

I had a dream where after having one of my worst days in a long time, and being sick while at it, rendering me rather delirious and angry when I passed out when I had a chance; one of those familiar girls (The blonde, I think) started rampaging through Heaven, plowing through the fluffy cloud areas, standard Heavenly crap here and there, until she made it to a courtyard, and slapped herself in the back of the head realizing how dumb she was in what she was doing.

She then opened a void gate directly to God Himself, and punched Him the fuck out, and quite hard while at it. After doing so, she said to Him "That was for him.". Being offended, I think He tried to remove her from existence, only to fail; as if she was also a god on equal or greater level to Him. Never once did I think God had an "Oh crap." expression.

After telling Him off, Saint Michael (My guardian angel) said to her, sorta behind God's back, "I've been wanting to do that to Him for far longer than you think; and for similar reasons (for more than just myself, but others that have had more than their fill as well (God apparently has a terrible gambling habit; just look at what He did to poor old Job. God's got a hell of an ego; which sorta explains why the Devil exists in the first place, if he was born of/from God as well. Logically, it makes plenty of sense.)). But for obvious reasons, couldn't.". She was flattered, gave her thanks, and on my behalf as well, and disappeared into the nothingness of the dream realm (or wherever she came from); but not without signing off with a 4th wall breaker of smiling at me, saying "I know you witnessed that, and you're welcome. See you again." and making a heart with her hands at me, and skipping happily through the gate before it closed. I think I heard some hip-hop music or something playing in there, like she returned to a pocket-reality nightclub (maybe the same one from a past dream).

I think I have more than just a guardian angel on my side, and maybe God is a bit of a dick too. He must be back to His Old Testament mood again. I mean, IRL, I've never been hit so hard with bad luck since my black cat disappeared, and my sister's pet dog died a few months afterward.

EDIT:
Funny thing, earlier that day, I was complaining to my siblings how I felt like I was being bullied by God lately and such, and said stuff along the lines of "I feel like I really need to hit Him, and hard.", with the predictable results of offense from the blasphemy and telling me to not be negative and all other crap of that sort. I was pissed off, and didn't need any of it; if anything, it pissed me off even more. Made me feel nearly helpless; felt like elementary school all over again.

And looking back, that same girl had those same red and blue eyes; and was wearing a nice set of glasses while at it. Kinda pointless, but the style fit her looks, and she was quite the looker too. I liked how nonchalantly she was able to rip through the realms/realities as if they were nothing, or as user-friendly to interact with as if it was an extension of her; to the point of hitting herself in the head as if she realized how dumb her initial method was, and took a shortcut, or far simpler approach, instead. Whatever, and whoever She is, She rocks, and I want to meet her. Especially after a closer like that. Not everyone's willing to punch God out for you when you have a sufficiently crappy enough day, and none of your prayers got answered; and to add hot-spicy-minty-lemony-salt on the wound, every count of potential optimism was met with Murphy's Law instead. Extra points/kudos to my guardian angel as well for being so cool about it. When I die/ascend/cross over, I'm having a drink with them, my treat.

I think in another sub-dream, I saw the same thing I nicknamed "The Absolute" (basically, what would amount to an animating fractal of infinite dimensions, in scale and literally, that can speak in all languages and such. Goes by all names, and none; but I prefer the nickname "Absolute"), or as I theorize is the actual God of All Things, which would theoretically be God's grand-daddy. His reaction to all this? Basically, He didn't give much a crap about it, and left things as-is, and basically said to go on as we may. Really, He didn't give a flying fuck about any of what happened, and was neither condoning, nor objecting any of it; but did witness it as well. I would imagine God got one hell of a talking to.

EDIT EDIT:
Now that I come and think of it, that girl reminds me too much of Yukari from Touhou. Probably not the first time I mentioned that.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 09:10:38 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: June 22, 2014, 06:14:28 pm »

Even in dreams I still get boxblocked.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1671 on: June 22, 2014, 06:35:42 pm »

Sounds like something that should be on the terrified thread, because what if you don't wake up BECAUSE IT'S NOT A DREAM?!

...Well, I guess you just scored. Really puts the conception in inception.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1672 on: June 22, 2014, 07:48:09 pm »

Sounds like something that should be on the terrified thread, because what if you don't wake up BECAUSE IT'S NOT A DREAM?!

Speaking of which, how's this for a conundrum? What if you dream you are born, and then realize you were in a dream? Then what is the fate of the baby you just were, if a dream is a potential reality? Add that to the terrified thread. Enjoy your sleep.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: June 22, 2014, 08:02:29 pm »

Speaking of which, how's this for a conundrum? What if you dream you are born, and then realize you were in a dream? Then what is the fate of the baby you just were, if a dream is a potential reality? Add that to the terrified thread. Enjoy your sleep.

That brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "slept like a baby".

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: June 22, 2014, 08:18:29 pm »

Wah? Is that when you're pushing a box and somone stands in front of it just to screw with you?

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #1675 on: June 22, 2014, 08:20:37 pm »

Wah? Is that when you're pushing a box and somone stands in front of it just to screw with you?
No, it's what happens when you miss a Tetris by JUST that much. Or you have a Tetris opportunity, and get one of these ::
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:24:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: June 22, 2014, 08:26:15 pm »

It's the receiver equivalent of getting cockblocked. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: June 22, 2014, 08:28:17 pm »

Ouch. That's not fun.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: June 22, 2014, 08:30:59 pm »

Every time that happens, a school bus full of kittens explodes.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1679 on: June 22, 2014, 08:31:53 pm »

That brings a whole new meaning to the phrase "slept like a baby".
What that saying actually means: I woke up every 2 hours crying and screaming whilst soiling myself.

Ouch. That's not fun.
I swear cockblocked still covers that base though?
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 338