Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503619 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2130 on: October 25, 2014, 11:05:10 pm »

For some reason I had a dream where I was in a different school, with a different English teacher, and that I buried her alive to avoid needing to do homework.
Sigged.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: October 25, 2014, 11:12:27 pm »

I'm going to be trying an (experiment?) with my dreams

It seems when I sleep on my left shoulder I have a high chance of vivid dreams that are about ~60% nightmares and the other ~40% being either no dream at all or vivid normal dream
Which I guess is better than when I normally sleep on my right shoulder because when I do that I face a window which usually shines very dim moon light in and helps me sleep

So the (experiment) is going to see which shoulder I sleep on has a higher frequency of dreams and out of those dreams which shoulder I sleep on has the higher frequency of nightmares to normal/no dreams
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: October 26, 2014, 06:16:00 pm »

It seems when I sleep on my left shoulder I have a high chance of vivid dreams that are about ~60% nightmares and the other ~40% being either no dream at all or vivid normal dream
Which I guess is better than when I normally sleep on my right shoulder because when I do that I face a window which usually shines very dim moon light in and helps me sleep

So the (experiment) is going to see which shoulder I sleep on has a higher frequency of dreams and out of those dreams which shoulder I sleep on has the higher frequency of nightmares to normal/no dreams

If you think about this before you sleep, you might even end up dreaming of yourself doing this experiment. The last thing you think of before sleeping has a tendency to appear in your dreams. Stuff like this also has the tendency to condition yourself.

When I was a kid, I realized that whenever I slept on my stomach, I had a very disturbing nightmare. I asked my mom and she told me it's because of my sleep position, which strengthened my belief in that I would have a nightmare if I didn't sleep on my side or my back.

As I grew up, it just seemed complete bullshit to me, and I stopped having nightmares when sleeping on my stomach.

Anyway, in my last dream. I was pregnant and it was a dragon egg inside me. I was like "What." when I woke up. Skip the issue of me being a man, but it seems my unconscious mind should learn the difference between shitting eggs and pregnancy.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: October 26, 2014, 08:24:12 pm »

I had a really weird dream from last night and was spending the day trying to sort it out... Also, fyi I have a massive amount of sexually driven dreams or saving the "main" female interest from some problem or another so this a weird one for me.

So it started as I was going through a class in college. For some reason, the US government had decided to make a mandate to have a psychological counselor in every class. Well for some reason the one in my class had taken a liking to me but found out my big weakness to any female taking an interest in me is for me to figure that it is all in my head that she would like me and just being friendly and really wouldn't want be with someone like me. So she had just short of using a length of 4x4 over my head to get me to actually notice which turned out to wear the most revealing clothing that she could get away with in a classroom (note dream logic) that consisted of a tube top and a micro skirt and made sure I get full view of it plenty of times. Even with that I was denying that she had a interest in me and thought it was another person so she finally figured she had to metaphorically hit me over the head to get me to accept that she's hitting on me. By the time she was about to I woke up.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: October 26, 2014, 11:44:26 pm »

If you think about this before you sleep, you might even end up dreaming of yourself doing this experiment. The last thing you think of before sleeping has a tendency to appear in your dreams. Stuff like this also has the tendency to condition yourself.

When I was a kid, I realized that whenever I slept on my stomach, I had a very disturbing nightmare. I asked my mom and she told me it's because of my sleep position, which strengthened my belief in that I would have a nightmare if I didn't sleep on my side or my back.

As I grew up, it just seemed complete bullshit to me, and I stopped having nightmares when sleeping on my stomach.

Nosebo effect? You think you do, and therefore, you do? After all, dreams mostly work like that, in my experience.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: October 27, 2014, 07:34:22 am »

Bwahahahahaa!

I try to keep a dream journal every night, but I have roommate with me in the room so I can't just turn a light on and write down what I remember. So sometimes I have to write blindly into the book and hope I get it down right. This time I wrote on the same page as another dream, resulting both to become an incomprehensible mess. Dream recognition failure.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: October 27, 2014, 05:37:34 pm »

I am curious about that. Is there a "standard" way of seeing what fucked up shit your subconscious is thinking about?
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: October 28, 2014, 06:21:11 pm »

Nosebo effect? You think you do, and therefore, you do? After all, dreams mostly work like that, in my experience.
I never heard of that but that sounds like the way how lucid dreaming works. What I was talking about was more like dreaming about what occupied your mind as you went to sleep.

I am curious about that. Is there a "standard" way of seeing what fucked up shit your subconscious is thinking about?
I don't know about that, but I try to learn what my subconscious thinks of myself, if that makes any sense. In one of my dreams, I was in a hotel. I knew I was dreaming so I thought I would try something funny. It's kinda fuzzy but I vaguely remember that I had this short dialogue with a housekeeper.

Me: Hey. You represent my subconscious. So tell me something.
Housekeeper: Stop overthinking.
Me: Stop overthinking?
Housekeeper: [smirks] Yes.

The way I repeated him seemed to emphasize his point, and I don't think I had full control of my dream when I asked that. I'm sure I had a reply, but I can't remember exactly what I said and if he said something else. I wish I had time to write it down. I also remember buying a bar of chocolate just before that conversation.

Whenever you realize you are dreaming, forget lucid dreaming. Just talk some random guy and ask him about yourself, ask for advice, etc. It makes for interesting conservations.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:24:37 pm by Leatra »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: October 30, 2014, 12:39:53 pm »

Two lucid dreams

Dream1 - 2 days ago:
I was in a mecha-based world and it had pretty much any mecha-anime character you could think of, this one guy wanted to find the granite chalice, But I didn't want him having it I decided if i gave it to the Liger Zero to give to someone it'd be safe Well the liger was no where to be found. (enter lucid effect) I now spawned the liger zero from my hand and gave it the LZ Turbine CAS i designs, giving it space flight capabilities, it then took the Chalice to a guy in Celestial Being's(Gundam 00) space hangar in the Lagrange Point. Ribbons(also Gun00) decided to try and find but the guy in there had aptly hid it and rigged it to explode if he died.

On earth, Some rolly-polly guy became the Sphalerite Key and unlocked FFX's Ifrit as a mech, to which I Lucidly commandeered to my will and made it pull a train out of the the way as LZ turbine came back down from the aerospace journey I sent it on
I then merged with LZT and Ifrit to become this Mecha Girl with flaming wings and mech armor similar to LZ's Schneider form and then fought of Ribbons in (of all things) a Robot Chicken.
Finally the fight turned for the worse on my end so i whimmed the granite chalice and sphalerite key to me , merged them into the Garnette Saber, ate it and Erased Ribbons and his robot chicken.
Then Wing Zero Angel, and two Leos descended from the fabric of reality and said "You've our approval!"

(seriously it looked awesome despite how cliche it all sounds, remember my dream-graphics are like IRL)

Dream 2 - Last night
Mom kept urging me to do something this morning instead of sleep, I said "Well I'm up" she said "No, you're dreaming." We kept this pattern up for 3 in-dream weeks one of which I was tasked with making a Universe Map. Of which said map looked like a trapezoid with a dome in it's exact center, I then Lucidly willed us all into the dome for fun and in there was everything from the last dream minus what I erased. I then did a Mind Meld with the LZT in order to restore my feminine mech girl form and for random kicks began singing Vocaloid songs as I made my family dance MMD style against their will. I then willingly took on my MechGirl form from before and flew through my memories of past friendships that have failed and then I willingly split my self into a second copy but masculine and the two of me began forging a red-dwarf star.
Then we dedicated this universe to Smiting with Holy Energy and dropped the star like a nuke on the Universe map dome to purge it of any bad memories, Then mom said "It's 11 am, get up".
I got up, checked my phone: 11:01am.

(Did I mention I have slight Robophilia hence the huge mech focus?)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 02:40:35 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: November 01, 2014, 10:33:36 am »

Been catching myself in the mornings going back to sleep and spontaneously having a dream. Then having lucid dreams off of said dream. Success! I don't remember much about it, but I recall fighting Sephiroth. So yeah... Go subconscious?

A more interesting point to bring up though is that I don't dream of blood or gore in my dreams. Despite my dreams being occasionally violent, the two elements have been conspicuously absent. It also feels like never really win either though; I land a strong hit on an opponent but they bounce right back like a punching bag of some sort. Mrr. Musings.

Also waiting on a Lucid Dream where I can just talk to my subconscious. I feel like that would be interesting, but I've yet to have a situation where I could do that.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: November 01, 2014, 01:11:29 pm »

I had a dream last night where my playing of Animal Crossing: Wild World (a game I do not have and which appeared in the dream significantly differently than how it actually does) was interrupted when I remembered my dog died and the dog I have just looks exactly like him, which is completely untrue.

???
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2141 on: November 01, 2014, 02:46:16 pm »

I've apparently hosted a Speedrunners server in my dream, and climbed a rank beating some dream people "online". I think I need to lay off that game for a while. I mean, I've really optimized my swinging and running, and the experience carried on past the dream. Kinda weird playing a game without the keyboard, but still owning it.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: November 01, 2014, 06:20:49 pm »

I had a dream where there was some sort of magical cataclysm that caused lot of people to turn into fantasy races who were then isolated into ghettoes that were under police lockdown. I was an elf (of all things) and I clearly remember the part where group of us newcomers were walking from busses into rundown appartment building surrounded by barb wire, there were dwarves living on the ground floor in the storage rooms and public shelter, just staring behind half closed steel door without saying anything, first floor was overcrowded with halflings who were chattering and generally acting more kender than hafling, I skipped the third floor thinking that there would be more space higher and tried few doors in fouth. I got in to appartment that was already shared by six other elfs since I agreed to sleep in the closet (two were sleeping on the couches and three on the floor in living room, last one slept in kitchen, there were no actual beds just mattresses), I was fine with that since it gave me privacy to use magic on a mirror to try contacting my family that were on some other ghetto...

Someone needs to make forum game of this.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: November 02, 2014, 01:05:16 pm »

I had a dream in which I gained the ability to hover, later on I grew wings, I flew and a power line got in my way and it sent me flying back into the ground, at this point I was next to my car and a zombie appeared and chased me, I ran trying to build up momentum but it caught me and bit me. Then I was flying some more, then I 'woke up' and got out of bed, after 3 steps I was in a massive web, tiny spiders crawled onto me, then bigger ones, then even bigger ones, then a large spider about 2 inches across crawled onto my hand, it was weird and flat, I then woke up for real.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: November 04, 2014, 03:44:37 pm »

Had a dream Friday night that my family went on vacation to some small european country. We then somehow got to go to a banquet held at the castle, and everything was dandy, but then suddenly a terrorist attack inspired by 9/11 occurred and two planes crashed into the castle by diving vertically and blowing up the other half of the hall from where we were. Then in the pani we all ran out a broken window and got to our cars and drove far away through the woods to some misty parking lot. Once we had all made sure we were ok we then drove back to the hotel and had dinner again while discussing the days events with some elderly couple we sat down with.
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 338