Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502813 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2160 on: November 09, 2014, 06:19:48 pm »

I had a dream last night where I was some random guy who did something to piss off the police. I can't remember what. I decided to run away on foot, and I could hear police radio chatter in my head somehow. I could barely walk, I felt like I was top-heavy and whenever I took a step I would always either end up falling backwards or falling forward. Additionally, my back and legs were completely stiff, making me essentially a human bobblehead. Being chased by police.

I decided to take a bridge which had no cars on it for some reason. Policemen on foot eventually caught up to me and began firing guns, but they couldn't hit me. The more I stumbled around, the more policemen accumulated behind me, and eventually there was so much gunfire that it was just a loud continuous buzz.

trippy lol

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2161 on: November 09, 2014, 11:52:30 pm »

I had a dream that I lived in a weird house. and there was this weird woman who wouldn't leave me alone. she was very very strange. yet amusing.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2162 on: November 10, 2014, 07:14:45 am »

I discovered last night that spending an entire day poring over splatbooks led to a dream about writing a character sheet.

???
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2163 on: November 10, 2014, 07:21:46 am »

this is a sign
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2164 on: November 10, 2014, 05:31:02 pm »

If you're referring to this, I made that long before yesterday.

Yesterday was trying to haXX0r D&D so I could make a character who can randomly turn into a dragon, because dragons are cool.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2165 on: November 10, 2014, 09:48:50 pm »

I had yet another peculair dream that involved me doing something I normally would not do. Though unlike the previous two, this wasn't pseudo-religious in content.

I was watching some sort of fashion show on television, one that was displaying the product line of a new designer brand. Even though I have no interest in that and hardly ever use my television. Anyway, the models walking down the catwalk were dressed in oddly practical clothes that one could reasonably expect to see people wearing as opposed to the usual content, the styles were generally modern neat-casual and vividly colored though not excessively so. The clothes were patterned with fractal designs, reminiscent of the flames generate by programs such as Apophysis or Electric Sheep, and rather well-designed, in my opinion at least.

That was, until I examined one of them more closely. At which point I immediately felt a sense of profound, existential terror. There was something inherently wrong about the whole design, something I couldn't even begin to describe. It was some kind of irrational fear, which paradoxically drove me to examine the following dresses with even greater apprehension. The effects varied, one caused me to have nightmarish hallucinations that I forgot immediately, leaving me only with knowledge that I had seen something phantasmal that I would rather not recall, another caused me to have a brief out of body experience wherein I saw myself staring at the television in rather blurry vision. There were other effects, but I couldn't remember them.

Finally, the fashion show ended and I learned the brand's name - Love Craft. Because apparently the designers decided that subtlety could go fuck itself. It was at that point where I woke up really damn confused.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2166 on: November 10, 2014, 09:53:01 pm »

Empiricist confirmed for unaware avatar of Yog-Shothoth. :P

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2167 on: November 11, 2014, 01:39:12 am »

Am i wrong if I suppose this apparel was designed to discourage staring at the wrong anatomical areas? Would probably be profitable, for both the manufacturer and mental hospitals.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2168 on: November 11, 2014, 03:28:43 am »

Am i wrong if I suppose this apparel was designed to discourage staring at the wrong anatomical areas?
Not at all, it's just that it also pretty much discourages staring outright :P Not that it's much of a problem, until you have a runway show where people are meant to stare at the designs of course.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2169 on: November 11, 2014, 03:39:39 am »

I had yet another peculair dream that involved me doing something I normally would not do. Though unlike the previous two, this wasn't pseudo-religious in content.

I was watching some sort of fashion show on television, one that was displaying the product line of a new designer brand. Even though I have no interest in that and hardly ever use my television. Anyway, the models walking down the catwalk were dressed in oddly practical clothes that one could reasonably expect to see people wearing as opposed to the usual content, the styles were generally modern neat-casual and vividly colored though not excessively so. The clothes were patterned with fractal designs, reminiscent of the flames generate by programs such as Apophysis or Electric Sheep, and rather well-designed, in my opinion at least.

That was, until I examined one of them more closely. At which point I immediately felt a sense of profound, existential terror. There was something inherently wrong about the whole design, something I couldn't even begin to describe. It was some kind of irrational fear, which paradoxically drove me to examine the following dresses with even greater apprehension. The effects varied, one caused me to have nightmarish hallucinations that I forgot immediately, leaving me only with knowledge that I had seen something phantasmal that I would rather not recall, another caused me to have a brief out of body experience wherein I saw myself staring at the television in rather blurry vision. There were other effects, but I couldn't remember them.

Finally, the fashion show ended and I learned the brand's name - Love Craft. Because apparently the designers decided that subtlety could go fuck itself. It was at that point where I woke up really damn confused.
10/10, would have you dream again.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2170 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:03 am »

It's an alternate universe where Lovecraft decides to go into fashion, obviously. :P

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2171 on: November 11, 2014, 02:10:10 pm »

I had a dream that me and 2 people with me found a box, this box gave us the power to just about anything! At some point in the dream I decided to keep the box for myself and I hid it by making it invisible to everyone but me. A big man wielding a pan came in demanding that I give him the box, I refused and just before he struck me I made everyone and everything in the room invincible, except for the man.

He eventually gave up and left, The dream shifted to some big party which I was hosting, the box had been transformed into some weird cast on my leg, I gave myself the ability to hover and my robes which I wore changed color, I grew gigantic and looked about thousands of worlds, all made out of Doritos, I ate a bit of one and was going home. I then woke up.

In my next dream I was on a boat, Goblins attacked and defeated us. I was thrown into a room with 2 other people and the room turned into an armored truck that was in a field. The goblins forgot to tie everyone up so we just left, I got back to my house and was preparing myself to battle the goblins. The 2 people came with me and I decided to show them my most prized possession. The blood of a vampire that I killed that gave me my immortality. They didn't seem to care much about the blood I had so I decided to spend my points on upgrading some of my skills. after peeing for about a minute into a toilet stuffed full of toilet paper I woke up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2172 on: November 11, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

Music continues to be my impetus for dreams. I ended up dreaming last night, bit I woke up at 3:30 in the morning, which did not leave me in the mood to write it down more than the word dinosaur. I still remember the dream though so I may eventually edit this post to include it.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2173 on: November 11, 2014, 04:56:03 pm »

I decided to visit a recycling yard the other end of the country, but I could only get there if I drove in a straight line. After a few hours of driving, I made it to the yard, and after a brief rummage found a set of magic spanners crafted by Jesus. The mayor of my town wouldn't let me take them, so I caved his skull in with them. Having killed one human with the Jesus spanners, I thought "What the fuck..." and proceeded to bash the head in of everyone I came across. Then I woke up with a genuine sense of disappointment that I did not really have the Jesus spanners.
This is a blank sig.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2174 on: November 11, 2014, 06:27:13 pm »

I had a vague dream regarding the RPG game I've been playing. All I really remember was Using my favorite weapon on a snowy mountain hill that was strangely underground.
But other than that I can't remember anything.

It's better then not dreaming and better than what I've had dreams of before so I guess I should be happy.

EDIT: Finally had a good dream.
I was part of a two-person tag team in a world reliant on volcanic vent fans for energy, Like a typical Magical Girl series, whe could henshin and all. the girl I was teamed up with an I were pursuing a foe into the fan shaft of the biggest city, they evaded us and one of their allies shut the fan down ad sealed us in. I know we had the power to create these "Starlights" - small magical golems that could both be useful fighting and at typical chores.the starlights never spoke, but my partner called them our children, she was sad that all we could do was wait and pray we not let them down. We were very far underground and in a sealed chamber that at the very bottom was an open lava vent, there was very little light and we were fearful we only had a few hours of oxygen.
The dream wound out ending with a search and rescue crew finding us just as the fan was about to be reactivated. My partner had fallen asleep so i helped lift her onto the rescue craft. Then I woke up.
I feel the dream had quite a bit of meaning:
IRL I feel I'm trapped in a seeming inescapable(situation) cycle(fan) of things IRL, but I know I'm not alone(friend), even though I'm stuck in this big pit(sealed in), both alone as in left truly alone and alone as in "am I the only one stuck here?". But overall, I just need to have faith that my salvation(rescue craft) will come, even if it takes a long time.

Strange how my mind talks to me through a typical anime setting, lol.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 01:20:39 am by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".
Pages: 1 ... 143 144 [145] 146 147 ... 338