Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503944 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3630 on: August 17, 2017, 09:52:33 am »

Playing games on some weird screen thing. Realized I was dreaming, so tried to focus on the games, get some inspiration. No luck. Words kept changing. Couldn't focus. Bloody dream.

Then I got punched from the screen. Gnawed something.

Got back up, looked thoroughly at screen. Things got bright and I realized that I was coming close to waking up, but decided not to.

Looked into screen, suddenly I'm playing some kind of first-person shooter game where I'm providing air support.

Woke up, went back to sleep.

Now I'm running around, jumping over things that I really shouldn't be able to jump over, stealing pizza, insisting to a cop that yes, I am guilty of a crime. Cop insists I'm innocent. My attempt at getting arrested seemed to exceed the cop's mental programming in the dream. Such was irritating in dream.

Kept parkouring around with my super jumps. Utilized a kitchen towel to make things easier. Ran into barbed wire.

Kept jumping, met somebody who had no face but actually did have a face.

Woke up, realized a tune was going through my mind that I had never heard before. Never. Can't remember the lyrics, only a deep electric voice and a little whistling before the lyrics. Odd.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: August 18, 2017, 10:41:18 am »

I don't remember anything from my latest dream, aside from the fact that there were some animals that were some sort of crossover between a seal and a house cat, which were absurdly cute.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: August 23, 2017, 10:03:22 am »

Apparently, always winning doesn't mean you never make mistakes.

Also, dream forum games. Including some sort of deathmatch game where players were referred to as "Acts" from I to V in the mod post. There was art involved too, along with impossible text colors(normal colors, actually, but organized in a manner that isn't possible with BBCode). Also Mirror, Mirror was referred to as Mirror, Mirror, Mirror and the players were saying I really needed to update.

Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: August 24, 2017, 05:38:03 pm »

Last night I dreamed that I went outside to look at my winter squash plants and they had some big squash on them. In reality they still have no fruit. The dream squash were pretty exciting though.

Lot of gardening dreams lately. Not sure why.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: August 24, 2017, 09:49:41 pm »

Last night, I had gardening-related dreams too!

Or mowing, at least.  Apparently I was indentured/otherwise apprenticed to a cricket club, and tasked to mowing some (rather strangely shaped) cricket pitches. I did it wrongly and I did it rightly, in turns, and therein lie various tales of their own, but each and every time I produced abnormal amounts of grass-cuttings.

(And loads of other stuff happened, not related to mowing, but you haven't sparked the memories of those bits quite so much, so I can't now tell you much about the rest.)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: August 25, 2017, 11:49:52 am »

Can I link other dream threads and websites here?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #3636 on: August 25, 2017, 12:24:11 pm »

Can I link other dream threads and websites here?
You're not a bot and it sounds relevant so I don't see why not.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: August 27, 2017, 07:40:46 pm »

Base was Supernatural, but with more people.  We were a band of ~3 hunters trying to survive.
After a lot of creepy BS, we came across some fellow hunters on a road.  They were uneasy, and with good reason.  They tried to tell us about-

Suddenly there was a swarm of skinless, stretched, corpses.  Fast zombies, with staring eyes.
All of us were terrified, some screaming, some shouting that we stay cool and keep calm..
The skinless creatures started echoing those calls for coolness, word for word but in a cold, dead dialect, as they filed into our vehicles.  Constantly staring at us.

...Most of our group started to file into the cars.  A few of us resisted, screaming at them.  But they wouldn't listen.  And we started to wonder.  And I woke up at 4AM.

And I didn't get back to sleep last night.  And I'm taking measures for dreamless sleep tonight.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: August 27, 2017, 08:06:30 pm »

This (although now firmly yesterday) morning's final dream was interesting. Having woken early and laid back down once I'd cued up a number of radio recordings on my headphones, I dozed off again and then the final programme in my list became my dream. I was watching the programme on the telly, with pictures (of the imagination) to match the words.

Though at one point I tried changing channels, but the audio continued to be the aforementioned drama. Even as I discovered a manga-related visual channel that (despite my best efforts) I could not switch the sound over also.

I knew I must have hardwired something, and actually went around the house to try to re-override the responsible connection, but couldn't get the audio to stop. So I settled down to watch it, then gradually ramped out of my snooze back to merely being laid down whilst listening to the last few minutes of the programme. Most refreshing, actually. And as I'd timed the playlist more or less to last the amount of time I could afford to stay in bed, this Sunday morning, it all turned out quite well...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: August 28, 2017, 12:58:33 am »

Last nights dream involved an adventure to defeat a mad sorceror on a barren snow-covered island. And getting kidnapped by a weird looking furred dragon thing, trying to smack it in the nose to get it to let go which didnt work, and pinned by the local mafia for not getting in on their bootlegging. And undead attacking in the snow. And buying cool rock samples from the local gift shop.

It was very confusing. I think the one village on the island was supposed to be the site of an ancient battle, hence the undead, the dragon, and the necromancer dude.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: August 28, 2017, 08:11:28 am »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: August 29, 2017, 09:56:06 am »

All right, I hate to double post but I don't feel if this fits very well to my previous post. Last night I had some fairly interesting dreams. I dreamt  that I was playing some sort of first person shooter that claimed to be about the Vietnam War.
However the environment was totally wrong, there were boreal forests and deserts everywhere, transportation was by armored  train, and the game itself seemed to either be glitches or programmed in such a manner to thoroughly confusing.

The forest  itself bent into strange shapes at points such as Pune trees forming an endless tunnel from the inside, but one that appeared to be quite short from the outside. The game did simulate weather and a day and night cycle, nicely though.

And the second dream I had was about traveling to tropical after looking for gorillas only to find myself on a small island the island was cover tunes of soft light yellow sand strange  objects rose from the ground these objects tape at tapered points and two rounds bulges at the top and the bottom they had pink and yellow markings around them and they grew like trees across the island.

....and I wish I could remember more.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: September 04, 2017, 01:06:43 am »

Dreamt i was playing minecraft with friends. There was a pvp thing going on, between two villages, and we had a portal thing going between the two that the other guys didnt know about. We sent a raid through at night that failed miserably, i think i might have been the only survivor. But they found the portal so when i went back through i immediately started yelling theyre coming in chat. Next thing i know a couple dudes pop out and we start fighting. Then a fucking red pickup comes out and a bunch of other cars. I leapt on the back of one and tried to stab the driver, but he shot at me, with a gun. So i jumped off.

Evrything was normal now, minecraft totally forgotten, except that i was trying to find my friends. There was a fair or something going on in town so i went to search for them and accidentally got into a fist fight with some dude i have no idea what for. I dont know what happened after that.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: September 04, 2017, 02:59:07 am »

I had one of those paralyses dreams last night, I knew there was some thing sinister behind me but by the time I was able to move it was gone. I really hate those kind of dreams.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: September 04, 2017, 03:43:22 am »

I've never had those kind of dreams, sometimes I've had sleep paralysis, but for some reason there's never been a monster in the room or anything similar, just terrifying helplessness of being almost completely paralyzed and unable to call for help.
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 338