Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 507194 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3765 on: December 29, 2017, 08:37:25 pm »

I was messing around with a 3D printer the day before and watched a WW2 documentary before going to sleep last night.

I dreamed the Nazis invented 3D printers and used them to win the war. The dream included "ye olde blacke and white WW2 footage" of Hitler observing a 3D printer like Kim Jong-un looks at things.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: December 29, 2017, 11:29:11 pm »

I never, despite my best efforts, have recognizably themed dreams from video games or RPGs or whatever. I will occasionally dream ABOUT playing video games, usually that I've figured out something so novel, so game changing, that I can't believe I missed it before. Then I wake up and realize that was all garbo. Never had an "in situ" video game dream that I can remember.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:20 pm »

I've had a few. Even DF ones, though they were weird.

Dreaming in ASCII is rather mind bending.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: December 30, 2017, 01:57:15 am »

I've had a few. Even DF ones, though they were weird.

Dreaming in ASCII is rather mind bending.
Dreaming in ASCII sounds like a book title, what that book is about is up for debate
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: December 31, 2017, 12:50:50 am »

I had this dream where I was pulling needles out of several places of my right arm.
They were supposed to be acupuncture needles, but clearly looked like sewing needles of varying sizes.

As someone who has a phobia against sharp/point things penetrating human skin,
this was quite the distressing dream for me.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: December 31, 2017, 12:38:01 pm »

I had a dream where a really young boy fell into a sewer.

I instantly jumped in to save him and basically threw him out like it was nothing. But I felt like my heart was racing and I have been very very scared because in the dream it somehow seemed that if I didnt respond so fast he would drown very quickly.

Now it does not seem to scary but when I woke up in the morning I was still mildly terrified for life of this fictional boy. 

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3771 on: December 31, 2017, 01:33:46 pm »

In my dream I had the head and legs of a particularly cross-looking yak. In it, I robbed a shopping centre guarded by centaurs, who tried to corner me in a labyrinthine maze of aisles and elevators. The centaurs gradually got closer and closer to cornering me, cutting off more and more entrances, until I was forced deeper into the centre - where I found a lift, and just barely managed to hit the floor 3 button and see it close before the centaurs arrived. They took the lift to my left, which left me in dire straits. In front of me was an escalator with centaurs clambering up the steps gracelessly, behind me the centaurs had blocked off all floor exits and were also coming up the lift. Thus I jumped off the escalator onto one below, and from there onto one below, and from there onto one below, until I was in an underground railway station. I managed to jump from that one to land onto a departing train, one that was almost entirely packed with people. I was not the only passenger clambering on the side of the train, as the people inside desperately tried getting everyone on board before they hit the sides of the walls, as the walls of the tunnel decreased in narrowness. Unfortunately I did not get inside before this and jumped, hitting and bouncing off the wall.
As a yak-man it seemed I was more resilient than expected, and did not die. This allowed me to run along the tunnel and escape in a section where the tunnel emerged above ground, clambering above a chainlink fence. The rest of my dream was spent using my gained riches to hire a small boat with which to sail the river Thames, only I found that later on in the course of my sailing (which was marked by sunny weather and five crew members who seemed to not care that I was a yak), I found the river had dried up. It was beginning to decrease in height until I could even begin to see the muddy riverbed. There was just barely a trickle of water left before my boat was thrust off a waterfall (really, by this point, a muddy cliff) and into a lake. The lake on the other end could scarcely be called London as I emerged, as the trees were arid leafy things, with small leaves meant to catch a hold of every bit of water they could. Immediately to my left, a turtle the size of my ship paddled menacingly towards us, but never close enough to impact us, paddling with 8 flippers. It splashed me with water, one, twice, and a tourguide manifested on board my ship to discuss what it was. Then I awoke from this dream.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: January 02, 2018, 10:05:18 am »

I had a horrifying dream.

It was a summer and I was making pizza, the dough was ancient and had the consistency of a wet sponge.
I forgot to add the pizza sauce.

And I burned the pizza because I left it in the furnace for too long.

This might seem like a strange dream but to me it was horrifying because irl I spent the whole summer in a restaurant making pizzas so at the moment in the dream I thought I was going to get fired for making horrible pizza!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3773 on: January 04, 2018, 12:41:27 pm »

I lay my head down to rest for only a short while, the room was lit in a greyish-blue light of the late-day sun (despite only being about 2:00PM, setting at around 4:00PM this time of year), for the sun sets very early this north at this season. I first opened my eyes when I heard a faint screaming in the distance. My room was a gentle dark, grey, soothing to my tired eyes, and I soon closed them again to sleep. My room was three storeys up but if you shouted loud enough from any two of the roads approaching by the gardens I'd be able to hear it through the window, and I have in the past been much bothered by the shrieking of foxes even with every window closed. My efforts to sleep were hurt when I heard it again, continuously. Someone was screaming, yelling, at first inaudibly as if it was just a very loud argument going on between two people. I was not too bothered, I was very tired, people have arguments, I couldn't quite make out what they were screaming only enough to know that they were having troubles and one lady found the other to be a few screws loose. I grew alarmed when the yelling girl shouted that she'd call for help, and sure enough began screaming "help me!" I was still groggy and half asleep, so I couldn't be sure. But no, again someone was shouting "HELP ME! CAN ANYBODY HEAR ME, HELP ME?!!" I thought then I must surely investigate this in case it was something serious and I was the only one who'd heard the cry, and willed my eyes to open and my left leg to swing me over my bed and onto the floor. My eyes opened, the top muscles of my leg contracted, but then all of my muscles did too. The end result was my leg tensing and relaxing, tensing and relaxing, and I was getting nowhere. Worse still I was growing increasingly tired and I could hear the voice screaming my name, asking why I wasn't answering, and I could feel myself slipping off to sleep, unable to move or stay awake, doing my best to stay. AWAKE. MOVE!.

When I awoke at last I was panic-stricken and opened my window, sticking my head out to see what was going on. I turned the lights on and my cat ran panicked from my sudden awakening. When I opened the window a wasp flew in and landed in my hair, I could feeling it walking through the back of my hairs and was unable to move, paralyzed with fear. It flew off my head, I combed my hair to make sure it was gone and shut my window ASAP, seeing my sister locked outside the back, waving a flashlight to call my attention, swearing at me for being an idiot and not hearing her shouting as she'd been locked outside. I breathed a sigh of relief and went to go unlock the door.

I then woke up in my bed panic-stricken, seeing the room bathed in darkness as the sun had gone down, immediately opening the window to see if anything's going on, my cat flung from the room, surprised by my sudden awakening. I turn on the lights and he slinks back in. There is no wasp, my sister is not outside, there's no screaming. I call my sister on the phone and she's all right. Everything had been a dream.

08/01/2018
I had a dream that was mostly incomprehensible, I remembered only that it involved a conflict between two factions, one of which possessed many CCTV cameras that looked like metal as fuck gargoyles, and I had a were-human cat called Isfehan that turned into a Russian called Ivan
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 06:30:46 am by Loud Whispers »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 06, 2018, 08:36:33 pm »

I really hate it when I get dreams like this: I'm in a kind of death pit, the kind you'd throw prisoners in and wait for them to die. and it's filled with water, and the only way to escape is to dive down and go through a narrow vent and swim through while holding my breath and hoping I don't get stuck inside. Problem is, this vent is tapered so it gets smaller and narrow as you go down in it. Fortunately, I did manage to get through, but then I was in a room that was being slowly filled with helium, and it was funny that I was suffocating to death while my voice and cries for help were getting higher and higher pitched.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: January 07, 2018, 04:35:41 pm »

This was weird sequence of dreams.

I decided to wall off the entire sky so there would be no sun, somehow it terrified me that I would no longer see sunrise.
Somehow I decided to punch against the wall and it felt futile.

Then I woke up 10:30 AM, but I had very lazy urgue to fall back asleep.

This time I am in some weird heaven where everything is hell and I have to rescue my uncle from never-ending slave labor.
In the process I somehow get enslaved myself with another buddy of mine.

I woke up, 1:20 PM, definitely over-sleeping.

I am wondering if I have issues with my mind lately.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:29 am »

PORK CHOP ADVENTURES
~I don't contribute often, but when I do~

Ok so my mother ran over the stop sign near her house. When the road guys came to fix it, they just planted a second identical broken stop sign post right next to the one that was already there.

So we went to the hospital to ask about this, because it was unacceptable. By we I mean my wife and her friend and I. We went to the desk and we were advised that the way to solve this was with a habanero-spiced pork chop. I thought this was silly but hey whatever, desk guy (he had a neat mustache). The guy also said we had to fry it on someone's actual face for it to work, so we went and found a volunteer and we did that. He was nice, and didn't really mind.

But then the guy at the desk said it was under-cooked and we had to take it back. I told him that was bullshit and I was going to ask my Dad if we really needed a pork chop to fix a stop sign and if that wasn't a real thing he would be in so much trouble I shit you not hospital desk guy. So I went and asked Jamie Lannister about it, who was in the hospital lounge with his secretary, and he said yeah that was totally a thing. Then he pulled off his cheek at the mouth and he was all made of raw pumpkin inside. He offered us some, but I politely declined. Then I saw that his secretary had snuck off to call the police on me for not accepting the pumpkin.

My party and I discussed what to do and came to the conclusion this was all really weird and probably not real.

So I went outside and robbed a drugstore that was located on top of a tall neon glowing parking deck and woke up.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: January 13, 2018, 11:53:19 pm »

Had something of a strange dream last night. I was taking part in this weird murder mystery dinner/Halloween costume party, as one of the "staff" and doing behind-the-scenes work like hiding fake body parts for the guests to find. I was dressed as the Grim Reaper (a costume that I've worn in real life), but somehow some Bay 12 people were not only at the party, but knew who I was under the hood. Got to hang out and chat with them when I wasn't needed in the performance.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: January 14, 2018, 05:02:55 pm »

I had a couple disturbing dreams over the last couple days.  Noteworthy, because I rarely remember any dreams.  I think it's stress-related.  Wife's been basically paralyzed in bed with a thrown out back all week, so I've been keeping up with work and uber driving and taking care of everyone in the family all by myself...

First dream - my wife and younger kid murdered my grandfather and hid him underneath our house.  I don't remember exactly how, but it was my kid who actually did the deed, following my wife's instructions.  I came home and he was missing, and they gave me some really dumb story.  I knew what they had done and waited until they left to call for help and seek out the corpse.  The house was turning dark and brooding, and when I opened some secret chamber in the basement, his angry spirit went roaring past me.  I was sleeping in the basement, and woke up feeling creeped out.  In real life, the guy they killed died before I was born.  I never met him.

Second dream has just one disturbing moment I remember vividly and haven't been able to get out of my head.  I don't remember the context, but I was popping a pimple on my jaw in the mirror.  I squeezed and stuff kept coming out in a stream.  As it came out, the stream grew to about the diameter of a quarter of stiff, congealed pus.  After several inches it started turning blood red without changing consistency, and I stopped.  Then the same thing in another spot on my face.  Haven't been able to shake that imagery...
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 15, 2018, 03:02:06 pm »

Is this just me being selective with negative stuff or does everybody have weird unpleasant dreams lately?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:03:39 pm by Sebastian2203 »
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 338