Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502072 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4110 on: November 17, 2018, 08:38:26 am »

I had a dream my cat attacked my arm, I woke up with my cat nipping my hand

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: November 23, 2018, 09:52:20 pm »

I never had so much fun in a dream.

It was January and some girls were sitting on the very green grass, sun-tanning. I found it amazing instead of weird in the dream.
Then I saw a sports car with retractable roof, you know the sort of. I saw the owner talking to his group of friends, I sprinted to up to him and apologized profusely making everybody around me raise their eyebrows.
I kept apologizing and exclaimed how we only live once and have to make the most of the moment and also not leave your keys in a beautiful sports car.

I hijack the car with a simple jump into the seat and the owner tries to sprint after me when the car is still slow to get up to speed but the acceleration of the engine soon kicks in and I lose him.

I then proceed to drive on a bike lane like a jerk, and three cop cars drive next to me but do not make any attempt to warn me about me illegally driving a car in a bike lane.
And this bike lane was part of the pavement, not the one painted onto the normal road.

The cops ignore me and I find myself lucky and start satisfyingly speeding trough the streets.
My dream must be inspired from the fact that IRL I often ride a bike without a helmet and I have never been stopped by a cop even though I was seen by one more than dozen times. (Also that´s why I am driving in the bike lane in the dream, it is so natural to me?)

Anyway I keep having some nice fun with the car and I keep going around in circles, eventually I realize I keep returning to the home of the owner of the car. His friends are all amused and keep watching me, but owner is not to be seen there.

I do a drift, sort of like in movies, and perfectly park the car back into the backyard of the owners house.
His friends tell me I should just keep driving because its so awesome but I have to stop being a jerk so I decline.

And as it was sunny a minute ago, it is suddenly dark, because days in January are very short obviously...
This dream was so, satisfyingly free and positive to my psyche, my whole day has been awesome because of this.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: November 24, 2018, 10:35:29 am »

holding an intertube

What is an intertube??

Pardon my ignorance for I'm not an English speaker
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: November 24, 2018, 11:54:06 am »

Recently, there was another entry in the ongoing "Enemy post meets random prominent politicians" series.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: November 24, 2018, 12:38:53 pm »

holding an intertube

What is an intertube??

Pardon my ignorance for I'm not an English speaker
Only thing I can think of is an "inner tube", which is an inflatable ring (sometimes with handles) that you use for either rafting down rivers, relaxing in a pool or lake, or sledding backwards down a slope at extreme speeds.

They're called inner tubes because of their resemblance to the internal tubing of a car or bicycle tire.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: November 24, 2018, 07:38:10 pm »

Yeah that thing. It was an inflateable flotation device in a vague ring shape.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: November 27, 2018, 08:21:11 am »

I was playing a very pretty immersive shooter about an invasion of Earth.  I was a generic future marine with fancy weapons, fighting generic humanoids, with cool particle guns and lasers and such.  But the areas were breathtaking.  The first few chapters were Japan, starting with urban combat and ending with an ascension up a massive mountain-cliff.  Lots of asian gargoyles and waterfalls.

Here's the thing:  I eventually noticed that, when I died, my perspective flowed into a nearby enemy and I continued playing.  I wasn't really sure why this was, but it seemed like a cute death mechanic.

Then a small group of enemies killed me, and themselves, with a "poorly" thrown grenade.  I kinda floated around, looking for an enemy to possess.  Nothing, just the cliff and the sunlight shining through the waterfalls.  It was very peaceful.  There was a sparkly UI element that started dimming, indicating a time limit, but I just kept taking in the scenery (I was still playing a video game, after all).  When it faded, I saw my in-game body dissolve away into light...  I was a "lost soul" from Doom 3.

So I was part of a Hell-invasion all along, right?  I guess...  But it's weird how unclear that was.  I was hearing the defense force on the radio, giving "me" orders, and I thought I was carrying them out.  But they were those super-vague orders you get in FPS where it's basically just "continue down the linear path".  I guess I *was* a confused soul being used by Hell.

Was framed as just an immersive video game, though, and the graphics were really neat!  Fun dream.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: November 27, 2018, 08:25:38 am »

When it faded, I saw my in-game body dissolve away into light...  I was a "lost soul" from Doom 3.

So I was part of a Hell-invasion all along, right?  I guess...
and then john was a zombie

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: November 27, 2018, 09:55:52 am »

Yeah that thing. It was an inflateable flotation device in a vague ring shape.

Thanks.

I recently dreamed of dipnetting in a nearby river, because I've been thinking about raising native fish in tank for while.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: November 29, 2018, 02:01:52 pm »

Last night, I dreamed I went to a zoo of some kind and somehow they had raptors, of an approximately man-sized variety. They were pretty smart, and some of them had even picked up human speech from their handlers who raised them in captivity.

I started talking with one of them, I forget what the start of the conversation was but I asked him if he knew what an accent was. I'd wanted to ask if the "wild" members of his species sounded like they had an accent to him, but I think he was sensitive about his grasp of human speech, as he said he knew what an accent was but didn't want to talk about it. Then he started talking about wanting to trick one of the zookeepers into letting him handle one of the smaller animals so he could eat it, and that disturbed me so I changed the subject again.

We got on the subject of daily life, and he said he preferred to spend his time doing physical activities like chasing toys around, but sometimes, between behavior tests/studies, the researchers gave him time on a computer. He even had a steam account (though had trouble with most games controls and had to use some kinda joystick) and we were gonna screen names. But then some other guess sassed him and he made a threat display, so the handlers restrained him and took him away.

I'd wanted to wait around until he came back out so I could talk to him again, but then I woke up and felt bad. But, such is the nature of meeting interesting characters in dreams.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: November 30, 2018, 11:29:47 pm »

Caught a train somewhere. Not sure if I was with anyone at this point.
Some guy narrowly missed it, running up desperately and even knocking on the glass as it pulled out, as though he really expected the driver to stop for him. For some reason once the train was underway, going through a tunnel or two, some annoying woman in the carriage piped up and started haranguing the driver for not stopping for that guy.
It was really getting on my nerves. I think she even bizarrely told him to go back for 'em, which didn't make sense at all.

Then, eventually, we arrived - at some tranquil beach-y/riverbank area (I can't remember if there was sand or not at this point, been awake for hours). Not really where I would expect a train to be heading, but there you go.
Can't remember exactly what went on at this point, there was various stuff. I know at least one of my IRL friends was in the group of people who'd disembarked the train by this point - and I think the train was still sitting there in its stop, despite the fact that we were waiting for more people (like that derpy businessman who missed the train) to show up on the next train?
I dunno, but I seem to recall getting on and off the train at least a few times in this same location, as though people were just chilling out in there.
There were various interactions with other characters which I have entirely forgotten. Alas.   

Anyway, my friend Adam had a dog with him. This dog was sort of a composite of his old, IRL dog that I still remember clearly from years ago when we were kids and another friend's present-day dog - they are both border collies and thus severely fukked in the head, so it works.
This one shared the latter's obsession with fetch, and after a while I started kicking a tennis ball around for the dog (like I was doing with my housemate's cat yesterday, interestingly enough). After playing fetch for a while (my friend was also participating, not sure if any others had joined) one of my kicks wound up landing the ball in the water.

I ran down the hill away from the train, watching as it drifted away from shore, then turned and called apologetically  to my friend that I couldn't really go in after it, considering I had some undefined, electronic or otherwise water soluble items in my pockets. (In hindsight I am unsure why the lazy-ass dog didn't swim out to get it itself. I can hardly imagine water seeming like much of an obstacle to a fetch-obsessed border collie.)
He wasn't worried, I think he wandered off to put some swimmers on or something? In any case, before long he came down, entered the water, and kicked the ball back out again. It was a good kick - but then it hit some bump on the hill at high speed, bounced dramatically, and wound up straight back in the water again - further off this time, and quickly drifting away downstream (or across the surface of the water, can't remember if it was running).
I burst out laughing. May have even been laughing out loud in my sleep, for all I know.

It drifted off into the distance, under some sort of bridge which also seemed to traverse a small waterfall down to another level of water. We could see some kids hanging around the bridge, doing water-stuff.
I looked at my friend, puzzled as to why he wasn't getting a move on and going after the ball, saw that he didn't seem to be in any hurry, then woke up.

Tl;dr: caught a train to an idyllic riverside/beach nature spot where it then illogically parked, hung out with a varied and half-forgotten cast of characters including an old IRL friend and his dog, played fetch with said dog and eventually kicked ball into the water.   

I also had an earlier dream (this one occurred after I woke up in the morning, heard raised voices in other parts of the house that I couldn't be arsed investigating, and went back to sleep) which I could remember a few details of before, but I seem to have completely forgotten them at this point. Dang.    
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: December 02, 2018, 04:33:02 pm »

Had several dreams last night, but the only one I really remember followed this American nuclear family who for some reason or other, moved somewhere comparatively rural. I guess it was inspired by Ozark (which I recently watched a season and a half of), but I think these guys were much less, y'know, "fearing for their lives" and a bit more like a typical family uprooting that the kids whinge about and the adults spend hours at night drinking wine and wondering whether they're doing the right thing for the family.
There was definitely at least something shady about them, though. I think.

Anyway, the mother of the family became obsessed with getting a job at the local supermarket.
There was some bizarre, surreal hierarchy at play there, with the woman in charge of assigning everything its place on the shelves considering herself to be (and being revered as by her underlings) an artiste. The mother had to impress her somehow to even have a chance at working there.
I think she eventually did some guerilla stock-rearranging to prove herself, creating an eye-catching display in one of the coolers.
It was all pretty silly, but the lady in charge was grudgingly impressed, as were the other staff members by the lengths this up-and-coming hotshot had gone to to work there. Soon the whole family was spending a fair bit of time there. (No idea if they were using the supermarket to launder money or anything like that, I don't think so but I could easily just be forgetting).

Later on one of the kids, a boy who appeared to be in his late teens, was there grouching about something to do with how isolated they were and how hard it was to get places, and his father ended up surprising the hell out of him by giving him (one of?) the family car(s).
Amongst his distracted explanations and conditions he eventually remembered to mention, "...and don't go putting a spoiler on it or anything," at which the boy laughed and said "damn, a spoiler was gonna be the first order of business." Bear in mind this was some pokey little sensible people-mover kinda thing.

Then the kid walked off through the store, to do some chores/general helping out I guess. He picked up a gigantic frozen chicken of some kind (perhaps it was a turkey, this was set in the US after all) and was heading out, when suddenly a man nearby pulled a gun from his waistband, announcing his intent to rob the store.
The teenager simply hefted this grotesquely large, plastic-wrapped frozen chicken and calmly slammed it into the side of the dude's head, knocking him to the floor unconscious before continuing on his way, hardly having broken stride.
I think it was around then that I woke up.

There was a lot more to that dream, and several other dreams as well, but I don't remember much more of this one and I don't have time to talk about the others so I'll most likely forget 'em by the time I have a chance. Alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: December 11, 2018, 11:51:20 pm »

Had a very strange dream the other day.

For some reason, I had a lot of encrypted messages to decode, but I had to go to school because I was a kid. So I hid the keys and messages in my textbook.

Also, I was a bright green anthropomorphic duck.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4123 on: December 12, 2018, 03:20:23 am »

Dreamed I had a great philosophical discussion with one of my friends at an English cafe regarding why the ratio between girly men and manly girls was disproportionate and not 50/50 in the current era

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: December 12, 2018, 04:26:07 am »

Are you sure you were dreaming? Sounds like a day in the life for Lord Shonus.
...Oh, LW's dream doesn't sound all that surprising either.

Last night I dreamt that I was back in the small town that is not my hometown but is the town where I did a quite large percentage of my growing up. Anyway, I'm not sure why I was in this town in which I spent many of my formative years but where I was not born, but I know I was with family and, to my surprise, I saw some posters/flyers announcing an upcoming black metal show in town that looked really friggin' sweet.

I wandered off in search of more information (apparently there were multiple shows and I'd missed some and had to find the poster I'd seen for a more-current gig), walked up Main Street, got distracted or something and started walking back down, then spotted a couple of people on the opposite footpath.
One of them was one of the troublesome kids from my grade back in school, who I was briefly kinda friends with (well, I was more of a sidekick) and more often foes, whom I recently learned IRL was involved in a fatal drunk-driving accident a year or two ago - him being the drunk driver responsible. There was some action involving a trashcan of some kind, with me slowing down not wanting he or his companion(s) to recognise me, then he threw the (lid of the) bin across the street and I woke up, not having had time to make it to whatever venue the gig was to be hosted at.

Dang.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 273 274 [275] 276 277 ... 338