Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504852 times)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4170 on: February 22, 2019, 02:27:21 pm »

I love and hate flying in dreams.

Every time, my magic abilities stop working mid flight and I am in terror as I fall, hitting the ground and waking up irl.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4171 on: February 23, 2019, 01:11:55 pm »

Every time, my magic abilities stop working mid flight and I am in terror as I fall, hitting the ground and waking up irl.
My flying abilities never fail, but they're not very good. I'm mostly limited to slowly increasing altitude to around a dozen meters and hovering. Sometimes I get decent horizontal speed if I fire Iron Man jets from my hands and feet. Even if I fell, it'd be like low gravity and I'd barely flinch from the impact.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:13:27 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: February 25, 2019, 02:44:45 am »

I dreamt of going to this fair or something with my family. There was a nice picnic tent and we bought some food, but i had to go on some errand, i dont know what, i assume i failed. The event was for some special speaker, an election candidate or something. While getting lost i stumbled into a building and found their waiting lounge and decided to lodge their chair in a wall, because i didnt like the guy. Anyway, on my way back to the picnic tent i kept coming across these little echidna-like animals, just all over the place. The little ones would roll up in a ball upon my approach and id get them stuck in my socks, because of course im wearing socks with sandals like a barbarian. There were also some annoying burs, but the echidnas had me worried because i didnt want to accidentallly step on them. The bigger ones were really very friendly and enjoyed belly scritches, which was cute. I never did get to eat my lunch, though.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: February 28, 2019, 01:08:27 pm »

I went to a live Sabaton concert, but it was just Joakim Brodén yelling lyrics by himself with no instruments or backup vocals.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: February 28, 2019, 05:01:03 pm »

My flying abilities never fail, but they're not very good. I'm mostly limited to slowly increasing altitude to around a dozen meters and hovering. Sometimes I get decent horizontal speed if I fire Iron Man jets from my hands and feet. Even if I fell, it'd be like low gravity and I'd barely flinch from the impact.
I sympathize with you Sebastian. I don't usually take falling damage in my dreams, but I have about as much control with it as a drunken fraternity member in a tank.
Oftentimes in a nightmare, I jump 30 feet in the air and think "Hah, now you can't get me!". And then I slowly float back down to the ground, to whatever was the subject of the nightmare. Or I overshoot where I am trying to fly to, and then I start slow-flying. In the dreams in which I have perfect flight, usually it's a nightmare with an antagonist with equal or better flight.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4175 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:29 am »

Tried a sleep-aid (Diphenhydramine, sober of course) for maybe the first time last night, was worried I'd have nightmares.  Pretty sure I didn't, though!  Fun adventure dreams IIRC, and I remembered a lot about them initially.  They drifted away pretty fast, but I wrote down the last one:

I was a dorf soldier riding in a wagon of a human caravan.  With me was a middle aged woman, wise in secrets and witchcraft.  We had just explored a dwarven ruin, wherein we found an artifact of Armok:  The first book, supposedly written by the first dorf at Armok's request, containing some dread secret.  The woman insisted that I not read it, that it would surely destroy me as it destroyed the dorfs of the fortress.  I reluctantly agreed, though I was still *very* excited to have helped recover such a relic.  Particularly when she started reading it.  Soon she was tinkering with reagents as we travelled.

The end result was what appeared to be a spinach pizza, at first.  I was in awe but also a bit disappointed, until I looked closer.  It was actually like two pizzas combined, so a sort of disc-shaped calzone.  The stuffed interior wasn't just spinach, but many other exotic vegetables like bok choy, and bits of...  forgotten beast meat?  She offered me a slice, reminding me of the danger, but of course I had to try it.

First the pizza gave me the ARMOK status condition.  She was narrating now, like a GM, and seemed to be implying that this was dreadful.  I nerdily pointed out that my arm felt OK.  Next it opened my mind to the unreality of the world, which was mildly concerning but fun.  Then it gave me nonlethal damage equal to twice my HP - the pizza of Armok was highly alcoholic.

I argued that that shouldn't kill me, I'd just be deeply unconscious for a few hours.  Then I woke up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4176 on: March 04, 2019, 12:52:47 pm »

Hmm, I never had dreams about my dad specifically but it happened.

At the start of the dream I find myself in his office, a very cool looking office, shiny floors, leather chairs.
And apparently he is an admiral of god knows what, judging from the picture at the wall.
My dad is not present but I spend time observing the majestic picture of my dad in what I believe was ceremonial navy uniform, littered with medals from top to bottom.

His office is connected to a luxurious water park that is devoid of any visitors.
I didnt really had the chance to explore the waterpark because apparently I had two dedicated servants.
One was a beautiful woman of my age and the another was an unknown dude with vague presence, I guess a bodyguard.

The woman forces me on a tour of some city and starts explaining to me that my dad is some important person and can’t shut up about some paperwork stuff and how I am supposed to be involved in that.

Then I woke up irl to the dogs howling outside..

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4177 on: March 04, 2019, 04:37:30 pm »

Congratulations, you've written a creepypasta in your sleep
I had just finished eating a bowl of pasta when I read this. Coincidence?!

-golem dream-
Awesome. That sounds like something I'd play.

In other dream news, I can't remember much of mine from last night, but I discovered some weirdo punk band from the US (I think) who had somehow released one of their previous EPs on the unusual format of ice cream sundae. Not sure how that worked... I think it included a download code so you could listen to it more than once.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4178 on: March 04, 2019, 09:20:11 pm »

I got raised from the dead to compete against other zombies in archery, for science! First round was number of arrows used to get a bullseye. Took me only two. Second round was to score points with a limited number of arrows*, where each additional hit on a given ring of the target was worth fractionally less points than the first hit (i.e., you had to diversify your hits.) I got third place, apparently**. Not bad for never being good at it in life. I'm pretty sure I had to break up a fight between Kirby and King Dedede during the 2nd round of the tournament.

I ran away afterwards because I overheard the zombies were going to be "deactivated", and set out to find a Faraday cage, in case they had trackers or a kill switch in my head/neck. It turned out my fears were misplaced, as deactivation was voluntary. I got a third person view of myself later, and my body was like a training dummy with a gray leather sandbag with a smiley face drawn on it for a head. Perfectly normal.

*The number of arrows you had left was represented by a stack of dollar bills, for some reason. I had my dad keep track of them. He didn't seem alarmed by the fact that I was a zombie.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 09:30:23 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #4179 on: March 08, 2019, 10:49:53 am »

Parsely: i had a dream that i was in these mines
Parsely: yeah. it was really deep and you couldnt stand up in there
Parsely: and there were hundreds of people coming down through these tunnels
Parsely: most of the dream was just kind of, images of people sitting or moving quietly in these dirt tunnels
Parsely: and the whole time i was feeling this dread, and i wasnt sure why until this woman explained
Parsely: she was some kind of doctor or expert, and she said we have to watch out for the holes that eat the granite
Parsely: and then i saw that there were these kind of narrow stony holes in the ceilings and floors of the tunnel
Parsely: it was more like a sink drain
Parsely: and if you stepped on them something bad would happen
Parsely: and the holes on the floor or ceiling always lined up perfectly
Parsely: there was some kind of spirit or something in the rocks
Parsely: and i remember being afraid that they would cause the tunnels behind and above us to collapse and that i'd be trapped in there crushed by hundreds of people trying to get out

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4180 on: March 08, 2019, 11:58:18 am »

The holes are the trace of the mouse when the player designates mining.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4181 on: March 12, 2019, 10:08:42 am »

Dreamed that I was tasked with raising a boat from a ditch covered in buckets of water, all the while being coached by Jack Black with a South African accent. With just one partner we could not haul on the winchless chains to pull up the boat, and my partner gave up. I leapt into the ditch and began emptying the buckets of water until the boat was raised up high enough to be hauled up and put on the ocean, where Jack Black with a South African accent told off someone for smoking on a wooden boat.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #4182 on: March 14, 2019, 02:21:16 am »

An essential part of any emergency kit: lighter-than-air chicken soup. Eat enough of it and you'll float into the air high above the emergency site, easily evacuable by helicopter.

Also makes a good way to cheat in a competition, as long as you don't eat the whole pouch of it.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4183 on: March 14, 2019, 02:35:58 am »

I powernapped for half an hour, and the closest thing that counted as a dream was an image that flashed into my mind. For context, it's related to Dwarf Fortress. The image was basically just a half-baked plan for a bedroom level that has some space near the central staircase in my fort for one level of a pump stack to pass through.

I'm not sure why I dreamed that, but it likely has something to do with the 60 Z-level pump stack that I had to build to get water from the caverns the night before.

Peterbo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4184 on: March 15, 2019, 07:57:09 am »

Recently my dreams are noticeably more colorful than usual..

I think it's more than just a pigment of my imagination.
Pages: 1 ... 277 278 [279] 280 281 ... 338