Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504745 times)

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4185 on: March 15, 2019, 12:40:26 pm »

I've been having nightmares about work. In one I came home from a hunting trip, went straight to work and realized I was still carrying the loaded shotgun from the trip. In another, a kidnapper came in while I was working and I couldn't stop them from hurting someone.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4186 on: March 15, 2019, 01:17:26 pm »

I was at Linus' house from Linus Tech Tips, and was missing a shoe, and searching his house for it while he was getting pissed off and trying to get me to leave.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4187 on: March 15, 2019, 01:53:43 pm »

I've been having nightmares about work. In one I came home from a hunting trip, went straight to work and realized I was still carrying the loaded shotgun from the trip. In another, a kidnapper came in while I was working and I couldn't stop them from hurting someone.
Too bad you didn't keep the shotgun for the kidnapper.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4188 on: March 15, 2019, 09:26:48 pm »

In this dream every time I made a joke only one person heard, they would then repeat my joke and everyone would hear it and laugh

*EDIT
Tonight's dream, fighting old battles again. On the train to the countryside with various uniformed strangers, all strangely familiar. We all asked each other what we were there for, I said with some uncertainty that I was barely eligible to be here but I wasn't going to miss this opportunity. Our train arrived in 11 minutes and I saw my old chief again, by this point I was sure I was on the right train. At our stop we paused to pick apples from the ground, remarking how weird it was these apples grew from the ground and not from trees. Eating them, the dirt paths turned to carpet and the trees growing overhead to ceilings and walls.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 09:28:38 pm by Loud Whispers »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4189 on: March 20, 2019, 02:53:40 am »

Okay this was a very uncomfortable dream in a very long time.

I was on a hunting trip with member of my family and some cougars just ambushed us and mauled my family member to death..
The thing was that I spent rest of the night dreaming about dealing with the denial of the grief process and I felt turbo depressed.
Then a favorite musical artist of mine died too and I felt like my world was breaking. And it felt oddly sensational, realistic? Dunno.
I was regretting everything and I had a moment like: "I wish I could just... turn back time, snap out of it goddamit!".

Then I woke up and slowly started piecing together what was a dream and what was reality. Coming to conclusion than nobody was mauled and no artist has overdosed.
Umm.. thanks?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4190 on: March 20, 2019, 08:42:35 am »

I dreamt I heard a noise in a box we (me and other people who apparently didn't matter to the dream) were walking by, investigated, and found a kitten. Then another. Then I poured the box over myself, and laid down, covered in kittens while everyone watched. A short time later (another dream?) I was carrying a fat cat around, and it unraveled to reveal it was made up of a very long furry worm-like creature.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4191 on: March 20, 2019, 08:31:49 pm »

I live in the city from Blade Runner but everything is hue-shifted to orange. It's midnight and I'm arriving at a birthday party with my girlfriend, who is not my IRL gf but a combination of several girls I had crushes on or just thought were hot in high school. Also my apartment is on the roof of a skyscraper.

When I arrive, all of the 30+ guests are asleep on the floor except Police Chief Wiggum from the Simpsons. I have some cake and at this moment I hear a knock on the door. When I answer, it's a pushy stranger that refuses to leave. I shut the door on him and watch him leave down the stairs and return several times, and I shut the door on him each time. I get a bad feeling around the time he returns with a pillow and wants to stay and sleep with the guests on the floor. I force him out the door and throw his pillow down the stairs. Next time he knocks, I have Wiggum answer the door while I get a revolver that was in a Wal-Mart bag on the table with my new video game. The stranger comes in with a gun of his own at the ready. I shoot him five times and he falls into the bag that my gun was in.

I freak the fuck out and start dialing 911, but I'm flipping out and can barely say words let alone operate my phone. I post 911 to Facebook and Twitter several times before I can finally convince my brother on the couch to dial it for me. Nobody else seems to be bothered that I shot a person or to have even been woken up by the noise. DREAM END
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 08:34:08 pm by itisnotlogical »
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4192 on: March 22, 2019, 09:48:48 am »

So I am in a club with a girl I know from high-school.

She is harassed by some other guy and she runs to me, begging me to help her from this guy.
I free myself of her grasp as I promise her to find a security-guard/bouncer in this disco-club.
Moment later I inform the bouncer, who follows me and we see the girl getting groped and all kinds of nasty stuff.
The bouncer elbow drops the bad guy and he drops on the floor.
Dream ends.

hmm
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:54:53 am by Sebastian2203 »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4193 on: March 23, 2019, 09:35:47 am »

The dream started off like a LA Noire detective genre piece, with myself and the detective searching a house for a missing woman. The detective found empty needles while I searched upstairs; in the loft was a ladder where there was clear movement above. Calling the detective for help, we and a helpful neighbour crowded around the ladder. The detective had a pistol, I had a sabre, and we both realised that there was no way up except this ladder - and it'd require two hands to climb up. Not eager to climb up and see whatever was up there, our indecision was spurned into action when we heard there were three kids up there under attack from something. As we haul ourselves to the top we find the bogeyman has already escaped with one of the three kids. While the detective brought the other two down to safety I pursued the bogeyman, only to find he had escaped into a solid brick wall.

The kids told us the bogeyman was taking their brother to the gummy bear factory so we drove there as fast as we could. When we get to the factory we find it's operational despite it being after work hours ended, with the security guard missing. We rush to the control room but along the way we find three outlets slicing out what looks like a mixture of minced meat and sugar jelly in the shape of child-sized gummy bears. Each one speaks and acts like a confused duplicate of the kid the bogeyman grabbed, and so the detective and I are at this point doing our best not to freak out as each gummy bear starts panicking, both of us trying to placate the gummy bears and convince them we can turn them back and that they are the real lost boy. No sign of the bogeyman, or any of the missing people.

We spend the next few days failing to determine what the gummy bears are and what their actual relation is to the missing people are, with our top theories being that they were either fragments of the boy's soul, or were red herrings being used to waste our time. All the same, the innumerable gummy bears aid us in our investigations into what they are exactly, with a few strong-willed gummy bears leading the research. Nothing is concluded by any of our research, and things grow worse when the gummy bears realise they're beginning to rot. Days go by and all the gummy bears rot one by one, becoming unbearably foul-smelling to be around until they dissolve into a lifeless slime paste, with the gummy researchers increasingly concerned with researching a way to halt the rot instead of discovering who/what they are. The last gummy scientist dies leaving a yellow paw on the window, saluting as it passes away, which looked really weird since they didn't really have facial details. While the detective goes off to talk to witnesses of the bogeyman again, I set about mopping away the last of the rotten jelly. Whilst dousing the mop in water, I feel like I am being watched, yet am unsure why.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4194 on: March 24, 2019, 02:44:13 am »

The dream started off like a LA Noire detective genre piece, with myself and the detective searching a house for a missing woman. The detective found empty needles while I searched upstairs; in the loft was a ladder where there was clear movement above. Calling the detective for help, we and a helpful neighbour crowded around the ladder. The detective had a pistol, I had a sabre, and we both realised that there was no way up except this ladder - and it'd require two hands to climb up. Not eager to climb up and see whatever was up there, our indecision was spurned into action when we heard there were three kids up there under attack from something. As we haul ourselves to the top we find the bogeyman has already escaped with one of the three kids. While the detective brought the other two down to safety I pursued the bogeyman, only to find he had escaped into a solid brick wall.

The kids told us the bogeyman was taking their brother to the gummy bear factory so we drove there as fast as we could. When we get to the factory we find it's operational despite it being after work hours ended, with the security guard missing. We rush to the control room but along the way we find three outlets slicing out what looks like a mixture of minced meat and sugar jelly in the shape of child-sized gummy bears. Each one speaks and acts like a confused duplicate of the kid the bogeyman grabbed, and so the detective and I are at this point doing our best not to freak out as each gummy bear starts panicking, both of us trying to placate the gummy bears and convince them we can turn them back and that they are the real lost boy. No sign of the bogeyman, or any of the missing people.

We spend the next few days failing to determine what the gummy bears are and what their actual relation is to the missing people are, with our top theories being that they were either fragments of the boy's soul, or were red herrings being used to waste our time. All the same, the innumerable gummy bears aid us in our investigations into what they are exactly, with a few strong-willed gummy bears leading the research. Nothing is concluded by any of our research, and things grow worse when the gummy bears realise they're beginning to rot. Days go by and all the gummy bears rot one by one, becoming unbearably foul-smelling to be around until they dissolve into a lifeless slime paste, with the gummy researchers increasingly concerned with researching a way to halt the rot instead of discovering who/what they are. The last gummy scientist dies leaving a yellow paw on the window, saluting as it passes away, which looked really weird since they didn't really have facial details. While the detective goes off to talk to witnesses of the bogeyman again, I set about mopping away the last of the rotten jelly. Whilst dousing the mop in water, I feel like I am being watched, yet am unsure why.
If that was a movie I'd watch it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4195 on: March 24, 2019, 09:54:33 am »

I was playing a unique and fun action game, with an annoying mechanic:  A fire ant would occasionally appear on my right hand.  If I didn't notice and shake it off, it bit, which actually fricken stung despite it being a dream.  The game was very distracting though, sorta like a bullet hell.  I eventually had a couple weeping red welts on my hand, but I got far enough that...  a venus-fly-trap-like tentacle sprouted from my hand, and also started threatening to bite it.
7/10 IGN

Same night, my dad and I were experiencing an old Star Trek TNG movie.  We were taken captive by the misunderstood antagonist, a former Star Fleet admiral who formed a commune based on his unique political philosophy, which he insisted on explaining.  At length.  That was the entire movie actually.  Dad and I agreed that the movie was brilliant, but it's possible I wanted to "appreciate art".  I think it was called Revengeance or something.

Also same night, I was part of a small CDC team of zombie-fighters, but in a world where the virus was cureable and took days to gestate.  Basically we drove around a typical city in a much-too-small car, doing health checks in low-income neighborhoods to contain a potential outbreak.  The team was a silent old driver, an amazonian nurse, her tiny nervous doctor boyfriend, and me with a single pistol in case we were too late.

together we hunted zombies, theoretically, but actually the biggest moment of tension was when we almost got pulled over for reckless driving.  I think the cop changed their mind seeing we were CDC.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4196 on: March 26, 2019, 02:14:16 pm »

I watched one of the very rare Canadian white elephants dying to some sort of ecological catastrophe, possibly a drought or heatwave.

In a much, much earlier dream in some frozen, snowy wasteland (probably Canada), myself and some rag-tag band of folks brought together by the common cause of survival were being ruthlessly hunted by a native warband.
We were trying to fortify the cottage we were in and planned to hide in it, but we could already hear their drums from time to time so I'm pretty sure they knew we were there...

Both these cold dreams (even if the first one may have been warm). Yeah, I guess the blankets had slipped off as I slept.

Also I had some dream where my housemates were either cheating on each other or had decided to make their relationship an open one. What a scary thought.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4197 on: March 26, 2019, 11:28:45 pm »

I watched one of the very rare Canadian white elephants dying to some sort of ecological catastrophe, possibly a drought or heatwave.
So what was it then, 5 degrees? :P

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4198 on: April 05, 2019, 04:56:17 pm »

To understand the true oddity of this dream, let me get this out of the way: I don't eat red meat, ever. That said, let's continue...

I dreamed that I got up in the middle of the night for a midnight snack, wandering over to the kitchen and opening the fridge. Inside was a packaged container of elk sausage, something my step-grandfather makes at home and sometimes gives us when they come to visit.

Apparently dream-me considered this an acceptable midnight snack, for I unwrapped the sausage, sprinkled some salt and pepper on it, then proceeded to eat the whole thing raw.

I (sort of) woke up after this, and for a few bleary minutes the only thought in my head was "How am I going to explain the missing sausage to my parents?"
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4199 on: April 05, 2019, 08:23:58 pm »

I had a very good dream. A rare occurrence! To understand, I sometimes have bad dreams about my friends and the girls I liked in highschool, and in those dreams I'm put on the spotlight and mocked and humiliated all over again.

In this one however, I got to meet up with a girl I liked, but now we're both adults. There was nothing naughty about the dream, she just thought I actually wound up becoming a cool guy that's fit and successful. It's a very utterly childish dream, but I enjoyed it a lot after how awful the last couple days were.

(In reality: I did bump into a female acquaintance from highschool a few months ago ((not the same one)) and I was startled at how cold and unfriendly I was to her. This isn't related to dreams, I just wanted to mention that)
Pages: 1 ... 278 279 [280] 281 282 ... 338