Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497546 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4200 on: April 05, 2019, 09:20:05 pm »

The dream began in an autumnal forest at night, the moon low on the Western sky. Gazing upon it, the outline of a man sprinting towards me disappeared from view, raising an unnatural panic in me. I began sprinting away from the man from the moon, running towards the break of dawn through the winding forest. I looked back to see it gaining on me, it looked rather like a horrid gribbly gangly man from an old flash adventure game I played called exmortis, looking like a corpse you'd stuck in a river, its jaw broken and the top of its head flopping this way and that. As it got close enough to smell its rancid stench was so overpowering I began to rub onions on myself just to smell something better, I could see its teeth stained with blood and bile - before it caught me I fell down a sloped incline and when I stood up, found I was in front of 800 people delivering a speech naked. I was unsure why I was naked and rolled with it, delivering my speech with regular confidence, confounding the audience who was sure I would remark about my nakedness. This is when the creature from the moon bursts into the hall and charges through the terrified crowd towards me - however, now imbued with confidence, with one hand I grabbed my wood, with the other a wooden bat, and began chasing the creature. Terrified, the creature fled the hall and out into the woods as I chased it with the rising sun behind me, chasing it back to the moon.

The next day's dream was much more tranquil. I was back at home patiently waiting for some fish to arrive close by the surface so I could catch them with my tiny net, as if I was seven again. In the dream however I was not seven, I was wearing my work suit and didn't seem to mind resting on the moss and wet rock in it, with occasional passer-bys checking to see if I was all right as I waited by the canal for seven hours. I watched them so peacefully that even when they were passing up to the surface to see me, I did not use my net, instead being content to watch them.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: April 06, 2019, 05:05:41 am »

Had a dream where Bay12 got severely reorganized: There was a new upper board called "Steam/Itch.io release discussion", a sub-forum of General Discussion called "Politics & Disturbing Matters", and a sub-forum of FG&R called "The Pantheon". The first one is self-explanatory, but the last two were weird. "Politics & Disturbing Matters" contained religion & politics along with weird threads like "Menstruation issues" and "Zucc memes", while "The Pantheon" was basically religious roleplay, featuring grisha5nite, ACE.ite, and Pathosite worship threads. And there were "Battleground" threads, where forumites were duking it out via roleplay and six-sided dice.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: April 07, 2019, 08:00:33 am »

That sounds pretty spot-on realistic to me CABL.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: April 07, 2019, 07:03:11 pm »

Just had a dream which involved me discovering some old, very obscure RPG system (for some reason I wanna say it was French or some shit, but I'm pretty sure it was written in English) with absolutely beautiful illustrations and a fascinating setting.
I believe I came across it through a Youtube video or something, I don't remember exactly but I definitely stumbled across it somehow.
Anyway, I decided to run it and the last part of the dream was the beginning of a first session, presumably after a timeskip in which I buckled down to learn the rules etcetera. My players, whom I believe were all new to PnP, displayed various levels of enthusiasm and there was one who went into great detail describing her character's fragile mental state as she sat there watching some plothook scene I'd cooked up, which would have been kinda cool except it quickly became apparent that she was doing a kind of self-insert and using it as a means to edgily describe her own issues. I don't know, it was awkward.
Oh yeah, and it was a sci-fi setting, I forgot that part.

There had been an earlier part of the dream which involved some kind of space opera with some resource gathering/salvage crew wandering the depths of space for the government back on-planet and being sorely tempted at one point to run off with the valuable goods they'd just collected to start a new life for themselves, except there was a warning built into their ships UI that reminded them of their families back home still in the clutches of the government and literally gave them two buttons on the screen to choose between either a new life of freedom or the lives of their loved ones. :o

Also, there was some black guy on board who seemed like some stereotypical '90s token black guy kind of character, from the futuristic equivalent of the hood. Somehow he lost his shoes during his space adventures and eventually wound up back on earth wearing a pair of tan-coloured old fashioned dress shoes instead of the fashionable sneakers that were so hard to come by, much to his chagrin.

Yeah, that's pretty much all I remember, there was a lot more to both parts of the dream, though. Wish I could remember what I was looking for when I came across that RPG, might have been info on some old music or art, I dunno.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: April 07, 2019, 08:03:55 pm »

"The Pantheon" was basically religious roleplay, featuring grisha5nite, ACE.ite, and Pathosite worship threads. And there were "Battleground" threads, where forumites were duking it out via roleplay and six-sided dice.
Want

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: April 08, 2019, 06:14:57 am »

Basically, I was buying some CYOA books, then something happens, and then I punch Mussolini in the dick and run away, and he dies after 10 seconds of laying prone in excruciating pain. Then a sleazy politician figure who was walking along with Mussolini all this time finds where I am and kills me, ending my dream.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: April 08, 2019, 08:08:39 am »

Having binge watched some of The Good Place, a show about the afterlife, I dreamed about its version of the bad place.

I was participating in some sort of state/religious/sporting event, as a choir singer.  Complete with the ridiculous huge gown with eye-catching colors.  I was standing with others behind the VIP as he gave some speech about culture and moral values, applauding politely at appropriate times.  It's like when a politician gives a televised speech and a bunch of their most photogenic staffers are behind them in the shot.  I wasn't the main event but there were so many eyes on me.

Well I eventually scooted behind a pillar, then made my way to the pews.  They were impossibly close together but I somehow managed to squeeze through, slowly, brushing past rows of disapproving faces in my fancy costume.

I felt better once I was in a dark hallway and stripped the gown away.  I was blissfully alone now, except for a couple of blue-collar guys planning a murder over sandwiches.  We exchanged pleasantries as I passed by, though one of them had strange eyes.  I had to get to the stairwell.

The first scene had been soaked in daylight from many windows, bright and exposed.  This stairwell was comfortably gloomy.  Less comfortable were the steps:  spaced apart, and they shifted as I put weight on them.  It felt very much like descending a fire tower, except a little easier because the ground wasn't visible in the darkness.  Many of the steps were even missing or shifted out of place.  I felt a need to nudge them into their proper positions, even when I heard the murderer with the shifty eye descending after me.  Chasing me.

I don't remember much more than that, but it was an abstract kind of hell (as my friends would say).  More interesting than terrifying.

Later I dreamed about playing Furi, that kicked ass.  ...Also, wow, I only just realized how it follows from the first dream.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: April 08, 2019, 06:17:13 pm »

Had a dream where Bay12 got severely reorganized: There was a new upper board called "Steam/Itch.io release discussion", a sub-forum of General Discussion called "Politics & Disturbing Matters", and a sub-forum of FG&R called "The Pantheon". The first one is self-explanatory, but the last two were weird. "Politics & Disturbing Matters" contained religion & politics along with weird threads like "Menstruation issues" and "Zucc memes", while "The Pantheon" was basically religious roleplay, featuring grisha5nite, ACE.ite, and Pathosite worship threads. And there were "Battleground" threads, where forumites were duking it out via roleplay and six-sided dice.

I'm still giggling over this dream you had, I'm just so curious what "Zucc Memes" are. Like, Zucchini Memes? It's just stupid enough to work.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: April 08, 2019, 06:39:01 pm »

I'm still giggling over this dream you had, I'm just so curious what "Zucc Memes" are. Like, Zucchini Memes? It's just stupid enough to work.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/zucc

Zucchini memes are probably butter, though.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 06:40:58 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: April 09, 2019, 08:05:28 am »

All I remember from my dream was a giant octopus somehow floating on the surface of a river.

I’m pretty sure I was on a boat with some other people at this point...

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: April 10, 2019, 12:02:03 pm »

I had a multistage nightmare.

First I was sorta sledding with a friend in deep snow. A let her steer and got dragged into the snow, which compacted around me in a claustrophobic manner.

Then we walked into a very bizzare church. Something was just off about it. So I walked back out into the snow, where a man threatened me, so I shot him. He was next to a big chain link fence , and I decided to drag his body away. As I followed the fence, dragging him by his head, I felt his tongue move.

I looked down and he was Pennywise. I dropped him and ran. He gave chase and I got past the fence into a parking lot. He wasn't behind me now and I saw he was a few rows over, trying to cut off my route back to the Not-Church of Debatable Safety. I ran for it and he got behind me again.

I realized he was going to catch me so I turned to fight. As he got close, I smashed him in the face and knocked him down. Then I started bashing his head off the ground and stomped his elbow, breaking it. He was kinda shrinking at this point so I picked him up and slammed him into a guardrail. He dropped and I grabbed his feet.

If you've ever played Predator Concrete Jungle, there's a grab-fence kill where the predator swings the guy in and overhead arc and down on his back onto the fence, breaking him in half. That's what I did to the now child sized Pennywise.

Except he was no longer Pennywise, he was my 2yr old son.

At about that time I woke up quietly. Fuck sleep.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: April 10, 2019, 06:41:17 pm »

All of the cheese was moldy. All of it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: April 11, 2019, 04:39:21 pm »

Been having and, occasionally, remembering some interesting dreams lately, but all I remember from last night's dreams (and I believe there were several) was going to a sushi place and being dismayed to learn they didn't sell avocado rolls. Okay then.

Oh wait, and there was also one scene where I was at a train station and some guy on the other platform was ranting and raving. He shouted some abuse at me, part of which was telling me to cut my hair, and I decided to go over there and try to clock him over the head with a rock.
However, on the way I was distracted upon bumping into a couple of friends of mine, who were apparently travelling home by train themselves. I think we decided to share a cab from the station we were heading to. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4213 on: April 12, 2019, 10:50:53 am »

I lovingly raised Fenrir from a pup to a big wolf, with some sadness ensuing as Fenrir started growing larger and getting a bigger and bigger appetite. All the other gods tried to put a stop to the big bad wolf but by this point it was too late, Fenrir was too powerful and killed everyone including myself, eventually murdering the universe

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: April 12, 2019, 11:18:33 am »

Dreamed I was on a business trip, got sent to this massive M.C. Escher-esqe hotel somewhere down South like Atlanta.

And apparently there was a swinger convention in town.

Some frisky older woman handed me a condom.

Also there was some Sekiro-type grapple swinging between different floors. Because, you know, dreams.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 338