Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504484 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4245 on: June 11, 2019, 05:32:43 pm »

Dreamed I was shopping in London, except I was riding on a very large pig which helped me carry everything. I bought onions and carrots for my battle pig, which helped ferry me home

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4246 on: June 11, 2019, 09:24:52 pm »

The, uh, night before last I think? I had a dream which ended with me googling a band I like, Skeletal Remains, but receiving some news articles involving actual skeletal remains as the top results*. Out of curiosity I checked them out, and in the second I learned of some interesting murderer from years ago that I hadn't heard of before in the course of my occasional morbid internet trawls.
Feeling inspired, I then began thinking up lyrics for a death metal song based on the story - and, amazingly, unlike so many other dreams I have woken up from, I actually remembered them upon waking up! Even added a second verse. Maybe if I ever get around to learning an instrument or two I'll record this bad boy. :)   

* I'm sure this sort of thing has happened to me IRL on at least a couple of occasions, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: June 12, 2019, 04:23:07 am »

I successfully opened the goddamn vault door and jumped in as the nukes went off and I had enough time to hold the door open for my buddy.
The vault then turned into a spaceship and we were flying trough space to colonize a new planet.
Somehow we landed in Brussels at the headquarters of European Union and the vault was no longer a spaceship but an airliner plane and was full of people.
The passengers were my old schoolmates from school and we were meant to protest against the EU passing some censorship laws.

Then a girl, probably leader of the group, asked me to participate in a possibly lethal guerrilla warfare attack against the parliament.
I was scared, very scared and without the consent of the group I escaped the engagement.
I felt like a traitor and a coward for not sticking to the group and what we stood for, or something.
Then I felt more depressed when I saw the whole group lying dead on a floor, gunned down by machine gun fire.

Then I was taken out by a sniper and I saw my body from third person.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 04:24:44 am by Sebastian2203 »

Craftsdwarf boi

• Bay Watcher
  • Member Of the UC Dwarven Rights Council
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: June 13, 2019, 05:39:16 am »

Odd Self-deforming 0-manifolds
DEATH THO THE THE IGNOBLE NOBLES
Come and amuse oneself the Game of Skirmishes and Transpiration!
...and Engine Heart!
"It was inevitable"----Urist Mcphilosopher
"Losing is !!FUN!!"-----Pretty much every forum member
"#Proletariatinsurrection"-----Every Non-noble dwarf when under rule by nobility

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: June 18, 2019, 03:33:03 am »

The dream I spent most of the day having was really cool. I remember very little of the narrative now, but I'm glad I had it - as opposed to frustrated, like I usually feel in this situation.

From what I remember it began with this young wizard(?), or possibly wizard's apprentice, dying somehow and wandering the land (either the one he'd died in or an unfamiliar one) as a ghost. Then eventually his friends/accomplices/master from life contacted him by magic, informing him (from whatever plane of existence they themselves were on) that they were studying methods to bring him back.

At some point, well, they did - he was summoned back to life, either in the plane in which he lived or in some other, new world. From there the dream went on along similar lines, with these sorcerers continuing to subvert death and hop between planes, increasing their powers and gaining fresh knowledge amidst fantastic worlds, spooky shit and vile betrayals.
There was a cool battle scene in a forest at some point later on, in which the main character (whatever form they took at that point) was part of an ambush on a larger force, managing to hide himself in a crater after one of his compatriots jumped the gun, kind of literally, by firing (there were rifles, swords and other old-school melee weapons coexisting at this point for whatever reason) on the foe and alerting them. He (main character) was able to sneakily kill at least a couple of enemies with his sword as they neared his hiding place before being confronted by a huge troll with an also huge maul/warhammer.
At this point the dream became first-person and suddenly it was as though I myself was dodging and diving to avoid the sweeping, deadly strikes from this terrifying opponent - until after fighting for a while the troll ceased its attacks in favour of talking, and it became apparent that the two knew one another and had been staging their little duel - though I'm sure the damage done if one of those swings had hit me would have been real enough.

Later on there was some dramatic scene in a house, probably in yet another world/life, in which one or more of the sorcerers was living in apparent peace in a house they'd acquired with a few innocent folk, possibly a family they'd started. Then (the dream was third-person or movie-like again by this point) they were targeted by one of their treacherous comrades, in the form of a mustachioed man. He infiltrated their home and spoke to a young girl. He was apparently known to her and they were friendly enough - until she looked down, laughing, at a joke he'd made, and the immortal muttered "You know I loved you," produced a silenced pistol and shot her in the head.
The other sorcerer, unaware of this taking place but nonetheless wary of such an attack, perhaps getting a bad feeling, sent one of his other female cohabitants (whether a family member, another sorcerer or a trusted servant, I know not) to fetch the girl so they would all be in the same place, with safety in numbers. Alas, it was of course too late, and to my intense frustration and anguish as I watched (kind of like watching a horror film, yelling at the screen for the protagonists not to be so stupid) she met a similar fate.
I think they were picked off until only the two sorcerers remained, the one who lived there finally coming to the horrifying realisation of what must have happened, then just as he was rushing back into the house, adrenaline pumping, all signs pointing to an imminent duel between these two bitter rivals - the dream finally ended and I awoke.   

There was a lot more to it that I've forgotten, plenty of feels and detail and magic and action, but I'm just glad I had this dream. Fascinating stuff.     
Booze is Life for Yoink

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: June 18, 2019, 10:45:37 am »

I had a dream where I was eating an apple, and then the apple had mold on it, and I began freaking out about eating a moldy apple.... that was literally the entire contents of this dream

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: June 22, 2019, 12:26:23 pm »

As mentioned in another thread, I had a dream that ended with me strangling a midget to death in the woods because he wouldn't stop using his bullshit evil magic to mess with my life.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4252 on: June 23, 2019, 10:15:32 am »

I was a... cyberpunk ninja with a *really* cool 3D "sonar" suite, assisting two plainclothes runners in infiltrating an apartment building full of partying werewolves, to take out some vampires.  I was traversing the outside of the building, peeking through windows for party guests my biometric scanning *didn't* detect.  No heartbeat or body heat, see.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: June 25, 2019, 03:27:07 am »

Fresh out of a dream I just woke up five minutes ago...

The first dream happened deep in a dream, and boi it is so complicated I am still trying to piece it together because it feels like I just watched some movie trilogy.
First I go to Italy on a vacation with my family, then I somehow get kicked out of the hotel which leaves me homeless on the streets but because its summer and I am next to the ocean I give it no worry and go surfing with the waves and enjoying the pleasant weather.

Then I try to make contact with my homeless family too, we try to return to our home country to our house.
Which is locked, then something creepy happens in that my woke-up brain cant really describe.
There were um.. drawings on the wall and somebody was hidden behind those walls.
So me and my family organized something that looked like a SWAT team trying to bust into the house looking for drugs.
But instead of drugs we break walls to get to the person hidden in those walls.

Then my dream cuts to me watching somebody livestream and talking badly about cops.
The cops show up at his house in his livestream and ask him why does he possess so many lipsticks since he is a male.
He then answers: "To be honest, its just trash. Just trash."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: June 27, 2019, 01:00:31 am »

Had a whole mess of interesting-yet-confused, often stressful, but always fascinating dreams last night.
Vaguely remember myself getting horribly lost on the way to visit a friend in hospital. I wandered around through the darkened streets, seemingly inspired by the terrain around the last place I lived in Melbourne, then eventually managed to make it there. I was there visiting for a bit, then at some point I think the dream sorta, partially shifted into the plot of a book I'd been reading. Reading in the dream, I mean.   
To be honest I don't remember much from that point on, except that the main character was a young female and some other, more eccentric gal showed up (I believe they were both visiting a male friend, not my IRL friend, in the hospital). They all had a bit of a chat and then the newly arrived gal asked the guy what she could do to help, whereupon he made eyes at her and the two of them disappeared to another room - somehow that worked? And he could walk freely despite supposedly being in hospital? Maybe it wasn't hospital at this point, I dunno.

Anyway, the main character felt perhaps a slight pang of jealously remembering how she had once fallen for that same look he gave the other girl, but she just waited and went back to... reading a book, I think. I dunno.
At some point after that I was starring as myself again, at a house my family used to live at several years ago, getting mauled by some gigantic black cat. Like, much larger than a house cat (say, the size of a doberman or some shit) but smaller than an actual panther. It bit me on the wrist at one point and I wrestled it at the top of our back stairs, hoping to subdue it before it could slaughter any of our pets (which, incidentally, I believe were the pets my family has now, rather than the pets we had when we lived in that house).
Not entirely sure how that worked out, I believe we eventually got it under control (also we learned from a neighbour that the critter had smashed her chickens' eggs, and possibly the chickens themselves). The next part of the dream was far later, but apparently still related to the earlier scenes.

Whatever character I was was heading some mission through a foreign-ass country filled with bush and scrub, driving some sort of tank at least to begin with. I may have been playing a videogame (actually I think I was, for certain, but my memory is fading now so I can't be sure), blasting fools with the cannons and trying desperately to keep my team, all of whom I seemed to know, alive.
Alas, the place was filled with ambushes, our fanatical enemy seemingly quite willing to die just to get a shot at us. I'm not sure what kind of vehicle we were actually in, but it proved insufficient to protect its crew from the various weapons being fired at us. In a series of cinematic shots like one would expect from a film or game, I saw as each of my crew were picked off, some dying instantly, others bleeding profusely from wounds we had no hope of patching. Whoever I was in this part of the dream, he was greatly saddened by this.

The next scene I remember, I had apparently left the tank (possibly having reached my destination despite all/most of my companions being killed) and linked up with a few other folks I knew. Can't remember exactly what our mission was, but we had to traverse a large, valley-like area on foot, probably blowing shit up as we went. Actually, there were shallow-water boats involved too, I think parts of the terrain were rather marshy - also I believe at least some of the action involved us smuggling in explosives on a disguised boat or something along those lines.   
At some point at least one of us had received medical attention from the local allied forces (kinda like the Iraqi army or something I guess, although I seem to remember other parts of the dream dating it to a much earlier era of history) and, once we were patched up, we set off.

I remember barely anything of this part, except we split up at one point and just a couple of my comrades were able to join me - one grizzled veteran dude and a (possibly local?) woman, who I believe had a great deal of importance to the mission, as a figurehead or diplomat or something.
As we set off again, I realised she was wounded and trying to hide it - she mentioned something off-hand about a bullet grazing her face during the earlier action and tried to shrug it off, but we quickly realised she was more seriously injured than she seemed. Before long, the two of us were carrying her, unsure of the extent of her injuries, lacking medical training ourselves, and frantically trying to get her to the nearest field hospital or similar where she might receive medical attention.

I don't remember whether we got there or not, but it is kind of a moot point since all of a sudden the sky was filled with noise, the buzzing of engines, and myself and whoever I was with barely had time to realise what it was and throw ourselves deep into the nearest thicket of uninhabited bush before the enemy's (?) airforce began bombing the hell out of the villages and pastures we'd been traveling through. They seemed to level the whole place, as I huddled to the ground and tried my best to cover my eyes, ears and head at the same time as shrapnel whizzed through the forest.

Much later, it somehow became apparent than one of our supposed friends - the more-eccentric gal from the much earlier part of the dream - had actually sold us out. Another character accused her of having the second sight and using it for evil, and apparently when we received medical attention during the mission the medic had actually been an enemy agent; removing a hidden note from within her body which gave his commanders coordinates/instructions on where to bomb. Weird.

Unfortunately I can't remember what turned out to be true or what anyone did about it, because at around that point I woke up. Alas.

Edit: oh! Also! I just remembered, at least part of the dream was supposedly the book and/or comic I'd been reading. I seemed to wake up briefly a few times towards the end of this dreaming sesh and, somehow realising that I was on my way to wakefulness, took the precaution of screenshotting a panel of the comic so that I'd remember it upon awakening. Yeah, great plan, brain!
Unsurprisingly, the screenshot didn't exist upon my IRL phone once I woke up for real, but I did remember the title of the comic which was included in a sort of watermark under the panel I'd grabbed a picture of: Twins-Feet comic. Apparently it does not exist! Big surprise there. If I remembered more of the plot perhaps I would try recreating it myself.   
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 01:04:49 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4255 on: July 04, 2019, 10:55:17 pm »

I dreamed I fished with my family, catching a very small fish. I quickly killed it and placed it on my fishhook, but I failed to catch larger fish - they were so large they broke off my fishhooks, escaping with my tiny fish bait. This continued twice until I gave up. I left to go make a fire, but I lacked any matches or lighters, and decided it would be a nice challenge to try and make one from scratch.

I placed a hollow dry tree stump under the sun as my cauldron to help warm it up, while I started doing my best to ignite the dry brush I had thrown in by rapidly drilling the bark with a solid stick. This goes on for about 7 hours until the sun is going down, when I see embers. I blow gently to help the embers grow into the tiny flickerings of a flame, which threatened to go in and out of existence at any moment.

A small child at this point tried blowing out my fire and I pushed him with one hand, continuing to grow the flame with the other. After a few nerve wracking moments where the main fire died out and I only had a fire on a stick to reignite it, I managed to get the flame roaring and magnificent. This is also the time when the kid and his father return, bringing with them a policeman with a baton.

The policeman tells me I didn't have a fire license, I told him I wasn't in London nor was he, but the policeman insisted we follow the bans of the fell bureaucratic nightmare of old. Not desiring to be hit on the head, I relented and gave up my hard work, pouring buckets of water on my fire. Unexpectedly, a black and white rabbit jumped out of the fire completely unharmed or even so much as speckled in ash. The policeman searched for the unlicensed magician operating on the island while the kid's father asked if I wanted to have a friendly chat.

I first thought to tell the man to fuck off because he was responsible for killing my fire, yet I decided instead to be polite and talk to him. He appeared remorseful for killing my fire and just wanted to make sure his son was ok, and turned out to be a decent fellow. Dream ends there

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: July 08, 2019, 08:02:14 am »

I was middle aged.
It was horrible.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: July 08, 2019, 11:24:20 pm »

Part of one early dream involved me being in some "wild west" sort of setting where I was immortal in a rather disappointing way. It was a bit like Westworld, I had guns but was physically unable to point them at anyone, and they were similarly unable to aim at me.
Pretty sure that was a dream within a dream, though, since I remember later on describing it to someone in a modern setting.

(Fakeedit: oh and I just remembered something about this dream, there was some other plot element about a young woman going through various dreadful hardships... can't remember any details now but I think perhaps my immortal self was there to follow her story. /eddit)

There was another dream somewhere in the middle where I was supposed to be going home via late-night train and then heading somewhere else - work? Appointment? Visit family? Who knows - the next morning, but there was also a gig on that I really wanted to see.
I think I ended up making the unrealistic decision of going to the gig anyway (despite it most definitely being pretty much over by the time I got there, I guess maybe I just wanted to socialise) and then trying to get where I needed to be in time the next morning. Definitely seemed directly inspired by certain common, real-life stressors of mine, heh.
There were various surreal shenanigans at this dreamt-up train station, including a rather unpleasant part where I was taking my time getting on the train when it started beeping, meaning its departure was imminent - and then as I tried to rush through the doors it was like I was swimming through molasses or something, even getting just pulled backwards cruelly by some unseen force.
That happened a fair few times before I finally made it aboard, I think. Gee, thanks brain. ::)

Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: July 15, 2019, 11:12:00 pm »

Sorry for double-posting, but I just dozed off again after my alarm and had a thoroughly depressing dream. It did, however, include one of the darkest jokes I've ever heard (or dreamt or otherwise experienced) in my life.

So, there was this terminally ill man nearing the end of his days. He seemed to be loosely based on someone I know IRL but have never been close with, sort of like a reverse stepfather - that is, the father of my older half-siblings.

I don't think I was close to him in this dream, either, but for some reason he requested that I came along with my half-siblings to spend time with him in his final days. Who was I to deny a dying man his wish?
So I went, and it was as bleak as you might expect despite the guy putting on a brave face. I was surprised at how devastated I felt about it all, I was railing against the failures of modern medicine for allowing this to happen, occasionally fighting back tears, that sort of thing. I don't remember that much of the dream, but you get the idea. Sad stuff.

At one point, though, we were all sitting around in a more light-hearted mood, having a rare non-illness-related conversation.
Somehow, we'd gotten onto the topic of amusement park rides, and the sick guy was telling us that he couldn't stand the sensation of being carried.

One of his sons said, "Well, we'll have to arrange for yours to have some wheels, then."

Y'know. Referring to his coffin.
Shocked laughter burst out after a brief silence, punctuated by a "fuck you!" from the dying man before he too joined in the laughter.

Other than that the dream was all pretty sad and it has kinda fucked up my mood for the day even more than it was likely to be already, but I'm glad there was at least some memorable humour in there.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4259 on: July 16, 2019, 09:24:40 am »

Yesterday I dozed off and had a dream where people were fighting me on a sidewalk. One of them kicked me in a way that forced my head down, I didn’t see concrete, I saw my bed. My first thought was that they broke the game and both my arms hurt, I was weak and couldn’t get up, then I woke up and my arms no longer hurt, but I kept hearing a repeating noise, then I woke up in reality. I knew this one was reality because I was able to control myself this time. It was weird
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 338