Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504632 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4275 on: August 12, 2019, 08:21:31 pm »

I remember barely anything of what I believe was a rather long and detailed dream, but I do know that reggae punk seems like a pretty solid idea.

reggae punk seems like a pretty solid idea.
I thought the link would lead to an example of Reggae punk

[ohmygod.wav intensifies]
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4276 on: August 14, 2019, 03:34:27 am »

I have never watched either renditions of the Lion King, only reading a bit of its synopsis on wikipedia, but that is apparently enough for my subconscious to come up with this at Monday night:

I found myself a NATO peacekeeper patrolling Mufasa's kingdom with as a squad of four. HQ called in, saying that Mufasa the Lion King needs a ride to see the vet, and I was to drive a humvee with my team to pick him up. HQ reminded us that we were dealing with royalty and so must behave ourselves.

I drove to the rock where the King showed Simba to his animal citizens and three of us played with little Simba a bit as our medic helped his father climb onboard. After checking to make sure everyone has fastened their seat belts, we set off to the vet waiting at the base. On the way we drove down a cliffside road, I saw a glowing, yellow thing flying out of the trees at my direction.

"RPG!" I screamed and severed hard to evade the rocket.

Meanwhile, the camera switches to Fang's perspective, as I see him putting down a smoking RPG-7. He waved a hand-sign and his hyena insurgents ran at the humvee, which was blown off the cliff.

When I came to, my entire squad was dead except me. Mufasa was crushed under the wreck and was bleeding profusely. I tried to do first aid, but I lamented to myself that I was not a vet. I fished around the wreck and found a half-broken radio to call for CASEVAC, my only response was a few garbled words about HQ being under attack and the rest was unintelligible hyena noises. Then Mufasa bled out.

It was then I thought it might be prudent to look around. The hyenas surrounded the wreck, and were hungry for flesh. All I had was a Vector .45 with no spare mags, so I shot some hyenas, and ran downstream along the river with more hyenas chasing after me. Then I woke up.

Last night's dream was simpler. I left behind a bunch of tortoises after eating at a restaurant and had to go back to pick them up, but along the way I kept on finding out that I had left behind more tortoises than I first thought.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 03:38:13 am by Autohummer »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4277 on: August 14, 2019, 10:55:07 am »

Is Fang from some lion king spin-off, or did you mean Scar

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4278 on: August 15, 2019, 12:59:59 am »

Is Fang from some lion king spin-off, or did you mean Scar

(checks wiki) good work, subconscious, you managed to mix references so well that I have no idea why Scar changed his name to Fang. Seriously, subconscious, how did you come up with Fang?

Meanwhile, no dreams today but a complete blackout, punctuated by WhatsApp notifications.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 01:12:36 am by Autohummer »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4279 on: August 15, 2019, 07:20:12 am »

Whatever dream I had, people were talking before I woke up. Its weird waking up remembering tiny bits of conversation that never happened

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4280 on: August 16, 2019, 12:24:10 am »

Had some dream about riding a train through the mountains. One of the locomotives was a transformer, I got to hang out with a cute girl for a few weeks in a passenger car, and the conductor threw himself off a cliff in protest because his daughter, who he assumed to be dead, showed up and proved to be immortal just like him. Then she jumped too and they were both splattered everywhere. Presumably they reform years later somehow. That was after the creepy bar that patrons presumably kept coming back to and spending more an more time until they never left and withered away, but the owner really wanted us to come inside.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4281 on: August 18, 2019, 08:26:06 pm »

Don't remember much, but I had a fascinating dream involving demons/immortals and possibly those who hunted them, and the ancient, secret struggle between various factions of such.

There was magic, violence, banishments, resurrections, reconnaissance, infiltrations, dreadful losses and hard-fought victories, and of course the occasional hapless mortal getting caught up in it all.
I wish I could remember more, but I think I'd already forgotten most of the details when I awoke, needing to pee and by the time I'd answered that call of nature, alas.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4282 on: August 18, 2019, 08:37:29 pm »

Don't remember much, but I had a fascinating dream involving demons/immortals and possibly those who hunted them, and the ancient, secret struggle between various factions of such.

There was magic, violence, banishments, resurrections, reconnaissance, infiltrations, dreadful losses and hard-fought victories, and of course the occasional hapless mortal getting caught up in it all.
I wish I could remember more, but I think I'd already forgotten most of the details when I awoke, needing to pee and by the time I'd answered that call of nature, alas.
What if you think about this post tonight, maybe your brain can continue where you left off?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4283 on: August 19, 2019, 12:27:01 pm »

That'd be nice! Unfortunately I tend to not have much luck with that kind of thing.
I'll give it a shot, though. Thinking of it now and about to sleep. Here goes nothing!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4284 on: August 21, 2019, 05:54:05 am »

Had a dream wherein I was a salesman fresh out of college again.  Two guys, one with a fedora and long black hair, and one tall, potbellied one with thinning hair, came into my store and were looking at something.  I came up to them and we started to talk.  I forget about what, but I could see that they were more clever and in tune with academia than I was.  They made one of those gestures where they make a platitude that's supposed to encourage bonding and turned their head in a way that suggested that they viewed themselves as superior to me, and I caught it.  I knew I could not confront them, due to work and societal norms, but there was this understanding that I felt pass between the three of us, that whatever their intentions, it was offered in a way that impossible for me to not take as insulting.  You know that look people get in their eyes when they say something that was supposed to go over your head in the subtlest of ways?

I've always placed high -but not the top- of every test/lottery/ranking I've taken part in, and I've always dealt with people who place higher than I do in ways that are less than ideal.  I've never tried to be the best at anything, but to have a dream in which I feel inferior, or am forced to recognize my own failings is never a good feeling.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4285 on: August 21, 2019, 12:23:20 pm »

Had a dream just reoccur. Before I the moment I am sure of the re-occurrence, I thanked Ghost Rider for using his Penance Stare on me.
 Then I was fighting a ninja on a castle using what was basically airbending.
 Then Space-Godzilla arrived and I had to flee from him into space, and then use my airbending (somehow.) to knock Space-Godzilla into a giant prison. I recall both the first and second occurrences of this  part of the dream; The first time was much more scary, feeling like I was one desperate airblast away from death; The second time was like, "Oh, better knock SpaceGodzilla into the prison quickly." It was like the difference between playing a horror game for the first time, and speedrunning it.
Then after that the space-prison was invaded by parasitic aliens, and I was a crazy badass old man from a non-existant Markiplier LetsPlay. The first time I had this dream I basically had a cutscene of Markiplier's end of the story, while the second time around I skipped that cutscene, and I woke up before I could meet Markiplier's character again.
Why this dream reoccurred I have no idea.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4286 on: September 04, 2019, 02:56:56 am »

this is so stupid

I was abducted by the Dark Brotherhood (of The Elder Scrolls) to play Pokemon GO competitive battles so as to lure more people into their ambushes, somehow.
Silly, right?
Spoiler: CW: syringes, drugs (click to show/hide)

I've had so many disturbing dreams, but this is one of the few where I woke up actively terrified.  Breathing fast, unwilling to risk going back to sleep.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4287 on: September 04, 2019, 09:31:24 am »

this is so stupid

I was abducted by the Dark Brotherhood (of The Elder Scrolls) to play Pokemon GO competitive battles so as to lure more people into their ambushes, somehow.
Silly, right?
Spoiler: CW: syringes, drugs (click to show/hide)

I've had so many disturbing dreams, but this is one of the few where I woke up actively terrified.  Breathing fast, unwilling to risk going back to sleep.
Odd
Maybe they were having you place lures at a Pokestop near their location? Mugging IRL happened sometimes when lures were placed at abandoned gas stations. Luckily, dreams tend not to continue where the previous dream ended, so tonight might not be as terrifying.

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4288 on: September 04, 2019, 02:29:09 pm »

Three nightmares, back-to-back, broken up by moments of starting awake.

Nightmare #1
Spoiler: blood and gore (click to show/hide)

Nightmare #2
I forgot most of what happened, but in the end of that dream I lost many important files on a computer with an OS that looks like Ace Combat 5's menus.

Nightmare #3
I find myself in a city that is about to be engulfed in a tsunami. People are running everywhere in panic. I buy some emergency supplies at a convenience store and receive a clockwork silver coin as change. I pocket the coin. I join a pregnant woman and her husband as they sought safety. They suggested going down near the seaside, I told them that is the worst place to be and pointed at a high hill, on top of which is an extremely tall skyscraper, which is a "Zen Buddhist Church", although the front entrance looks more like the Floating Torii at Ryukyu. We go in and the people inside let us and many other refugees take shelter in the heavily-fortified building. However, as we go up, we find we have been led into a trap, where we had to perform increasingly difficult tasks in order to continue. I woke up after having to run from buzzsaws.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 02:31:30 pm by Autohummer »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4289 on: September 04, 2019, 04:16:52 pm »

However, as we go up, we find we have been led into a trap, where we had to perform increasingly difficult tasks in order to continue. I woke up after having to run from buzzsaws.

Was it a game show?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 284 285 [286] 287 288 ... 338