Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497596 times)

Autohummer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4290 on: September 05, 2019, 01:14:22 am »

Now that you have mentioned it, the course we had to run through does seem inspired by Japanese game shows. Falling over the edge means falling down straight to the ground level.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: September 05, 2019, 05:37:18 am »

Last night I dreamt that I left my beloved beanie on a bus (that I had boarded for reasons unknown) and splooged all over a wall.

Different parts of what was probably the same dream, but they're all I recall.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: September 05, 2019, 02:07:47 pm »

I know I posted this on WTF thread but I didn't see this one at the time (on the phone) so just putting it here for record sake.

Had a weird fucking dream.

Quick back story, last few weeks I had watched a ton of anime and a few Japanology YouTube videos (a show about Japanese culture) mainly because I finally was getting in a better mindset of late.

So in the dream I was working at an engineering firm as a prototype machinist and we just got a contract with a Japanese firm to build a couple of things (I don't work at an engineering firm FYI). I originally was delegated to the menial jobs for that project, which I didn't care because it had to be done. After a few meetings between the two head engineers from the Japanese company and the team working on the job I suddenly was able to do more. I figured it was an increase of pace in the timeline so didn't think much of it.

Now the dream fast forwards a bit to where the two companies had merged and I was one of the few machinists left. Most of the others could not handle the culture gap and just rather make parts. I liked what the job entails either way and stuck it out.

Now I am working under the supervision of the Japanese engineer who was the original designer of the project. He was surprised by my knowledge of both my skills and of Japanese culture. Apparently not many American machinists he has meet even watch anime let alone know a basic knowledge of their culture.

Near the end of the dream, I got in an argument with a lower level engineer that was sore about me being so heavily involved with his supervisor's project and couldn't understand why his boss liked me so much. He goated me into a little political talk which he was surprised to hear my thoughts. He wasn't expecting someone to look at politics as an abstract thought instead of being a personal thought which would bring about an emotional backlash. I was talked to by my supervisor after and I did admit I was a little pissed about the guy trying to get a rise out of me. I just want to get the job done correctly and the understudy hated my guts.

Come to find out the supervisor was saying praises about me to the other engineer about how I was able to do more than an average machinist and for a random American that was able to understand how to handle the Japanese mindset. That's where it ended but I had a feeling that I was about to ask the other engineer exactly how he felt about me and why he wanted to fuck with my job when we were in it together.

Only reason why this dream made me go wtf was how realistic it felt.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: September 21, 2019, 03:47:16 pm »

So I had the weirdest dream last night. It was about how Bill Nye the Science Guy was the greatest and most wanted thief in the world.

The dream started with a little blur but it cleared up to where I was in a massive gathering for some reason. I felt like I wasnt supposed to be there since there was a ton of celebrities even though I was invited. I was just wandering around the place when I had encountered Bill sitting next to a small woman talking about something. Well he grabbed my hand saying I know you and we had met before. His demeanor was different, it was almost like Dr. Strange mixed with Keith Ledgers Joker. I was panicking that I never met Bill before until I remembered it was a chance encounter that I seen him in Lansing at a sci fi convention (this never really happened irl but it was a weird dream) and made an impression on him.

At this point, his lady was starting to sound a little bored and a little frisky for Bill so we parted. The dream had suddenly switched over to my place and around the neighborhood where there was a huge amount of jewellery, artwork, and various other items strewn about while Bill was going from person to person telling them what to do.

He comes up to me and states he needs to start packing for a trip and needs my help with getting all this stuff ready while in the background his mistress is giddy with seeing all the jewellery and other high value items. I yelled at her to come to her senses, that Bill was only using her and would not care if she dies.

She just giggled and ran off to another pile to inspect it. I myself had suddenly figured out how and why Bill had amassed a large collection of stuff was due to he was the thief the world was looking for but also figured out that he manipulated people through their personalities to make them do what ever he wants. I was the only one to be able to break the spell.

By that time, a police helicopter started to fly overhead with a sniper (looking back on it, it was literally a wtf moment because why would they send just a sniper). He started to try to shoot Bill to incapacitate him. I dived for cover but his mistress, probably just completely gone in the head by that point, had just walked in front of Bill while the sniper shot. I didnt see it but I knew that she was dead because how she just fell in front of me, I only saw her legs but no one falls that hard conscious. I was in a rage now since I had feeling for her and grabbed Bill and dragged him over to me yelling at him why he do that. He was surprised how I broke his control over me and then he realized something. He said that due to my self esteem, confidence, and feeling of self worth was so low that I was able to convince myself that why would someone like Bill would even think of needing my help. (Those three are still a big over all problem in my head but not as bad as it used to be.) That point I started to ballroom dance with him to get him in easy window for the sniper to shoot him. I was in so much pain of loosing his mistress I didnt care that I could be shot as well. I finally led him through dancing for the police to get a clear shot if I wasnt standing in front of him. I gave them the signal it was okay to shoot through me and they did. Thats when I woke up.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4294 on: September 23, 2019, 07:58:05 am »

So I had the weirdest dream last night. It was about how Bill Nye the Science Guy was the greatest and most wanted thief in the world.

We might say this dream is Freudian.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4295 on: September 23, 2019, 11:37:24 am »

Dreamt the other night i was in high school again, but I had a pokemon, it was like a monkey thing with a foxes head, but the tail could turn into a magical staff. If you wielded the monkey-fox-staff, you could cast magical spells, which i used with reckless abandon to turn the school bully into something... No idea what. The poke-monkey-fox-staff also used the move "smash," namely when I hit people with it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: September 26, 2019, 01:23:28 am »

It seems my vivid movie-esque dreams are retuning.

This time I was in the neighbourhood, when some black kid stormed the local assembly place of sorts, and proclaimed himself the new God. That of course incurred lots of 'boos' from local, properly-Christian people, so his follower-group-of-thugs quickly asserted his dominance by copious use of shotguns against the civilians. This being Poland, it had plenty of effect.

He then declared that we will be his 'Noah' people, and he mentally caused a terrible storm that flooded the world.

What I assume was 'few years later', we were now living in half-flooded apartment blocks, connected with each other by balconies, repurposed pipes and pontoon bridges. There was no government, only the Kid God and his police state, which murdered dissenters and burned books to keep information from the masses. I was helping some foreign guys living with me scavenge for supplies - first some food, then some bullets (which turned out to be damp and useless).

Then I was talking with the Old Master about all the flood and how to stop the God (the kid, that's it) and his oppressive police-state. He told me to look into old struggles of worker class and bourgeoise (??), but before I could ask him to clarify, there was an unannounced search raid by the police (the Old Master quickly fled, while I was caught).

Unfortunately in the backpack, I was carrying lots of books, so the police lieutenant told me to pick my favorite author (I picked some manga translator, apparently?) and we ventured to the nearest un-official bookstore. There I had to point out all the books of the author (he had vast portfolio, from hentai anime, to light novels, to some medieval story translations hardbooks), and the lieutenant then pulled all the books i pointed out of the shelves and onto a big pile.

I assume there was going to be book-burning, but my alarm clock woke me up.
SigFlags!
Fire Emblem on Forums: 8! + 6re!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: September 27, 2019, 04:06:03 am »

I had a dream. I tried to drink water to quench my thirst, but no matter how much I drank, I was still thirsty. I don’t know how long the dream lasted, but eventually I woke up to realize I was actually thirsty. Thank you brain for letting me know I was thirsty

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: September 28, 2019, 07:19:07 pm »

Some very dramatic event the details of which I cannot recall had just occurred, leaving the streats, streams and gardens of whatever town or city I was in absolutely choked with garbage.

Like, it seemed to me as though the damage was irreversible, there was rubbish absolutely everywhere one looked, it was basically time to give up on the place and leave it as a monument to waste, but to my amazement I saw a brave soul going along with some high-tech trash vacuum and realised people were actually gonna try and fix this.

I went up to talk to this person, whom I quickly realised was a female and a highly attractive one - who seemed to be regarding me with the same practised disdain I am usually treated with in such situations, although considering the horrible, almost apocalyptic mess she was trying to deal with perhaps she just didn't really have time to talk. *shrug*

Anyway! I was asking something about the cleaning equipment and what they were supposed to do if they accidentally sucked up these little animal feeding devices at ground level around the park (where we were).

I can't remember her answer (I don't think it was a big a deal as I'd imagined), but as we spoke, with me proceeding to offer praise for taking on the impossibly daunting task of cleaning things up, a bird approached her.

I think it was either a cockatoo or a pelican or something in between, I dunno. It came quite close to her - I believe she paused to feed it something? - and it was all rather cute, the two of us humans definitely shared a nice little "aww" moment, although after a moment I noticed a glint in the bird's eye that I didn't like.

In fact, its whole body language seemed to become rather aggressive. I was juuuust about to say something to warn her once I finished my queue of things to say, but before I could finish whatever drivel I was going on with the bird suddenly plunged its sharp, vicious beak into her lovely, defenceless, inexplicably-not-housed-in-sensible-enclosed-footwear foot.

She screamed and sprang backwards, but the bird pursued her as though in some kind of blood rage. I scrambled to do something to help, but before I could react the bird had struck again, this time pecking her on the hand.
Perhaps it was the evident urgency of the situation, with her seeming to be in mortal danger at the hands (claws? Beak?) of this crazy bird, but my rescue plan was perhaps not all that well thought-out.

I grabbed the nearest thing to hand - another, slightly smaller bird, a seagull I believe - and smacked this bloodthirsty avian assassin as hard as I could with it.
This did indeed drive the creature off, but now we had a new problem and one I was to blame for - two birds in various stages of borked and doubtless requiring veterinary attention, and as for the girl, well, now that her moment of mortal peril had passed she was free to glower at and berate me for such a thoughtless act.

Great. I mean sure, smacking birds with birds kinda went against the whole trying to clean up the recently devastated environment thing, but I feel like I did the best I could with what came to hand, y'know?
Maybe she just didn't like needing help. Fair enough.

Anyway, the dream ended there, with us making vague plans on what to do with those poor birds (one of whom had a visibly busted wing rendering it unable to fly off and GTFO) as dusk rolled in across the park.

Tl;dr, the city had been covered with trash and I got talking to this cute volunteer making an admirable effort to clean things up when suddenly she was attacked by a crazed pelican or some shit and in the heat of the moment I swiftly beat it with another bird and probably irreparably damaged whatever microscopic chances I may have had with her, considering we were out to save the planet and now had two broken birds for the price of one.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: September 29, 2019, 12:03:14 pm »

I dreamed I was watching something called iVideo. It was like Pandora except the songs had videos with lyrics, but there was a voice commentating on the lyrics

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: October 01, 2019, 03:19:19 am »

I had a dream in which I was playing XCOM 3 which was, naturally, a remake of TFTD. Curiously, it seemed to be real time like Apocalypse rather than turn-based.

It started with the Skyranger dropping the squad, including a MEC trooper, on a moving train. The MEC then proceeded to punch a "deep one" that was actually a TFTD gillman off the train, then the squad got inside. There they discovered a corpse of a woman, and then the central commander asked if that was the person they were looking for. A woman, most likely the head scientist, explained that it was likely one of many clones of the famous bioenhineer, and that DNA samples from the clone would help XCOM find the original.

Later it all moved to a container ship that was under attack by aliens. A MEC trooper was fighting a huge fish-reptile monster (tasoth?). He managed to knock the alien down with his kinetic strike, but couldn't finish it off. I had him just toss the unconscious monster to the sea and call it a day.

Then a stat screen like that from original X-Com appeared, presenting results of rhe mission. There was more, but I don't remember.

I played X-Piratez before sleep, so I know exactly where all that came from.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: October 04, 2019, 07:57:56 am »

I had a dream last night, I was using an Xbox 360 controller to play something like Splix.io with civilizations. Eventually I got into the water and changed my land vehicle to a sailboat, then to a submarine. The submarine was a 3D first person controls. I was shooting boats from below with missiles, then for some reason I had to go to land. When I reached land, the submarine shrunk to where I could “ride” it while walking and holding the Xbox controller. I went into a building and tried to fire missiles but couldn’t, so U tried to find the ocean. There was a stairway which I glided down, jumping from stairs to lower stairs. I asked someone where the ocean was, but they took me to some restaurant instead. When I got to the restaurant and they gave me a small sheet of paper that asked my name, what I ordered, how good it was, and how much it was, all before I ordered anything. I was holding the paper when I woke up to find no paper

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: October 04, 2019, 09:08:51 am »

I was living in a house with a few acquaintances and friends from high school. This house, presumably for some sort of research purpose, had the ability to enter low earth orbit. This, for whatever reason, did not require us to wear any equipment, or even really change how we acted except for dealing with zero-g. Everybody living there presumably had some sort of job to do, but they were all blowing it off for whatever reason; just as well, because we also had no idea what time we were expected back. I'm in a dream, of course, so I start checking out the outside of the house, doing... something. I look down and think "man how close do we need to be towards the earth before we begin re-entry? Is anyone keeping an eye on that? Also how dangerous is it for us to be out here with no equipment?" I come back in and find a good friends fiance napping on the couch, who I woke up with my coming back inside. She just tells me she has no clue what we're supposed to do, and if I'm feeling stressed out I should take a nap too.

I find a room and lay down, trying to nap for about thirty minutes. Before I can, one of those acquaintances goes into the room next to mine (I had left the door open bc I was so tired, I guess) where another person is sleeping, and they start having sex. Loud, obnoxious, filtered through bonkers dream logic sex. In my dream before I fall asleep the last thing I think is that as soon as we land I'm getting a new fucking house, cause this bitch is being sooooo inconsiderate.

I wake up in a daze, noticing I had slept for about four hours. I start to notice that the daze has more in common with when you're about to pass out from blood loss than just waking up, and I look down. My left hand is mangled, the thumb is swollen to two or three times its normal size, and my index and pinky look purple and raw, like they're frostbitten. I go outside to tell someone about this, and we're back on earth. I ask one of my friends how we got back and he said "I dunno." "Man, what the hell does that mean?"

"One of the rooms was damaged, now it's not operating properly. Professor (college prof) wanted to run the repairs, but none of us would respond so she brought it down using the automatic systems." "What does that mean for us?" "I dunno."

And then I woke up! That's right, my dreams are feeding me fucking gainax endings now  :'(

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: October 04, 2019, 10:55:37 pm »

"You ever have dreams where you meet someone just perfect?  It's like you've known them forever, can tell them anything.  Sometimes you're fellow warriors of destiny, sometimes - ha, sometimes romantic, it doesn't matter.  They're your soul mate."
She shook her head, which surprised me, but she seemed interested.
"Well, it's great!  Until the dream ends.  That feeling on waking up...  Having a connection like that, it feeling perfectly real, and then realizing it never existed- it hurts.  Almost physically."
The thought somehow hadn't even crossed my mind.  I was just using it as a metaphor.
"I'm not afraid of that with you.  I know we're going to be okay."
We smiled and walked on.

I woke up groaning, trying to say something, memories floating away.  I didn't know how the dream ended, just what I had lost.  Again.  How had I not seen it??  How could I fall for it again?  I am skilled at recognizing dreams, I just hadn't wanted to see.  Disgraceful.

I was in a room with several children, their father sitting over me with a smirk.  Waking me up to help with chores.  Apparently I had been sleeptalking, saying her name...  He said it back to me, mockingly, but I can't remember it now.

The rest of the dream isn't really relevant.  Mostly involved taking care of these kids (little cousins, I think) who were pretty awful, but nothing extraordinary.  Later (realizing the dream) I chased/was chased by a bogeyman through a dark decaying structure, where doors opened into solid rock walls or dark cramped packages.  Eventually I woke myself up, having had time to think about that feeling I've loved and lost in so many dreams.

It's not a realist relationship, after all.  It's not something that would be healthy with another person.  It's a true unity that only really makes sense within one's psyche.  A self-acceptance.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: October 05, 2019, 12:20:40 am »

Last night a friend (let's call him K) invited me and a few other friends to go with him somewhere.
We didn't ask too many questions (we were on holiday) and piled into a van with him and set off. We traveled through a semi-rural mountain range and reached our destination - this old-looking, moss-covered stone structure, like some kinda temple or fort. Apparently it had been converted into a base for insurgents of some kind, and all of a sudden K had us suiting up, arming ourselves with an arsenal that had apparently been in the van this whole time and following his lead to infiltrate the place.

Our stealthy infiltration had... various levels of success, but bottom line is we made it inside and were able to paint accurate coordinates to call in an airstrike on the base. There was actually a large courtyard inside the structure, in which were various (also very old) buildings built out of wood and decorated in an intriguing traditional fashion. I'm not sure if they'd been a market or what, but now they became the scene of various running gun-battles.
Anyway, we fought/fled our way back outside, miraculously without having lost anyone. As we neared the exit, at one point I stopped in this spot where I could see into one of the main corridors leading outside through this screen of foliage, which looked kinda like Old Man's Beard or whatever it's called (you know, that weird dry dangly stuff that grows on certain trees in certain climates?).
From this position I was able to not only cover the others, but gun down three hostiles at close range as they came sprinting down the hall after us.

After we were out and scrambling into the van, somebody radioed whoever we were working for with the co-ords and almost at once an aircraft shot by overhead and a single bomb came down, slamming into the compound with devastating and spectacular effect. The ancient, moss-choked masonry crumbled in parts, and when the dust cleared I realised I could see the wooden structures inside still standing. I pointed this out, thinking it was a problem, but according to K our aim was to destroy the rest of the complex without also destroying those, ostensibly since they had some great historical or spiritual value - and weren't of much use to the enemy, anyway.

We sped off, exhilarated with victory. Chattering excitedly, I asked (somewhat belatedly) if we were, in fact, getting paid for what we'd just done and K said yes, we were heading back to receive our pay now. I was pretty stoked about that, since it meant that we were literally now mercenaries! How badass.
As we made our way back down the mountain range excitement died down a little, though the group was still in a great mood. We passed a little cluster of ramshackle stores and my eagle-eyed gaze spied what appeared to be some VHS tapes! We stopped the van and got out, unarmed and peaceful this time, to investigate.

We wandered into this little open-air store and I went straight for one of these wire baskets where I'd spotted the "tape". To my disappointment, it turned out to actually just be the artwork from the VHS version of some obscure foreign film printed on an abnormally large, strangely square DVD case. I flipped through a stack of different DVDs and it was the same story, no actual tapes to be found. Damn.

Oh well, we still enjoyed ourselves perusing this weird little mountainside shop and its selection of films, wares, snacks and pop culture-shock. As we lingered around a bit longer I spotted someone kinda familiar enter the store. "Is that Christopher Walken?" I thought to myself.
As it turned out, yes it was. Not sure what he was doing in that neck of the woods since I was either too shy to ask or didn't think to, but he did chat briefly with our group and seemed like as awesome a dude as you'd expect. Then a bit later he was attempting to buy a bulk amount of the weird films on offer (it was like, 30 films for $30 or something, I guess it was a special deal aimed at tourists spending dollars) but to the consternation of the shopkeeper he had a 31st film that he also wanted to chuck in, whilst still only paying the $30.

This shopkeeper was not having any of his attempts to haggle. There was a bit of confusion for a while, and to my dismay I didn't have any money with me that I coulda loaned him (this 'mercenary blowing shit up and getting paid' business was great for more reasons than one - such as, I was broke). He didn't have any more foreign dollars with him, either, and I don't think any of us had much in the way of whatever the local currency was. So, that was a bit disappointing.
We all left, I think Mr. Walken said his goodbyes and went to get more cash out or something (or perhaps he just bought the 30 films and called it a day? Can't remember) whilst the rest of us strolled towards the van, passing a variety of intriguing shops and restaurants way out here on this dreary, drizzly mountaintop. Pretty sure the ground was unpaved, too, just dirt and gravel.

At that point I spotted something rather unpleasant, though perhaps not too surprising in a little village such as this. Up ahead of us there was a dog going about its business, fairly cute apart from the horrible, ragged growth of unspecified skin hanging from some point on its hindquarters. As I watched, to my horror, the doggo casually reached back, took this flap of flesh in its mouth and gave it a thorough, evidently rather satisfying gnawing. Eurrhghghghhhhh.
I was thoroughly disgusted and went to point this out to the friend I was walking with (let's call him G). Pretty sure he'd already seen it as well but we had a good, gross-out laugh about the spectacle. "Oooh," G said, assuming a gruff, comical voice for the dog, "that's right, I left somethin' tasty in muh back pocket there, mmmmmmnomnomnom."

Laughing, we made it back to the van with the rest of the group (me making vague, easily-forgotten plans to come back and browse that DVD selection more thoroughly when I had money in my pockets), everyone got in and we set off, back down the mountain to get paid, and at some point I woke up.   

Tl;dr: a friend tricked me and a bunch of other friends into joining him on a military op to infiltrate and destroy some insurgent base and a good time was had by all, oh and on the way back we met Christopher Walken in a stall selling bootleg DVDs.   

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 338