Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502882 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4320 on: October 28, 2019, 11:33:38 pm »

There was a girl from an earlier (section of the?) dream who had run away and was laying low, staying with these two new friends she'd made.
The three of them went to a market, split up, and then she spotted someone she recognised from the past - and he saw her, too. She fled through the market and he gave chase for a bit (I don't think with violent intent but idk), before bumping into her friends who were also looking for her, a bit worried since she'd disappeared like that.

Don't remember exactly what happened but basically the three of them went looking for her for different reasons (maybe the unknown guy introduced himself as a friend of hers) and somehow it all ended in a shootout, in which the stranger died and one of the two friends accidentally shot his bosom buddy at least once, before being so wracked with guilt that he shot himself, too.
This turned out to be a rather premature reaction, considering at least one of the gal's companions survived, and so I'm guessing it was either the guy he shot or someone else entirely. Weird dream.

There was/were some other dream/s too, that involved family members and pets and swimming pools and confusing public transport, but I don't really remember enough for them to make sense.

Funny thing, though, is that shortly after I woke up my mother called me for some reason, and one of her cats was hanging around the phone and wound up trying to bite it when she heard my voice.
Both of  'em were in the same dream!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: November 01, 2019, 08:01:25 am »

Anxiety/fever dreams all day long.

The ones I remember involved memories of abuse from either parents or supervisors. Kind of graphic, so I'll just avoid the details.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: November 02, 2019, 01:08:50 pm »

I had a dream that new episodes of Code Lyoko started coming out a few days ago. Then, shortly before Halloween, the official English YouTube channel started uploading episodes of Code Lyoko: Evolution, the cancelled live-action spinoff.

It's fitting that they picked so close to Halloween to begin haunting me with the ghost of cult classic French cartoons.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: November 03, 2019, 11:32:14 am »

I had to remember something very important, and wrote it down. This morning, my hand says (in very bad handwriting) "headless chicken demo derby". I assume demo is demolition.

You are all welcome for this important transmission from the dream world.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: November 03, 2019, 11:36:08 am »

Whatever I dreamed, I woke up to a disembodied voice asking “did you bring the torch?”

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4325 on: November 03, 2019, 06:42:51 pm »

Poop throwing primate got elected in 2020, frees gorillas and other primates in the US, helps invent formula to become super smart and earth turns into planet of the apes. Still was considered a better president than what we have.

Weird dream but did kinda make me laugh when I woke up. I did watch planet of the apes (the new one) last night.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: November 03, 2019, 06:46:10 pm »

Poop throwing primate got elected in 2020, frees gorillas and other primates in the US, helps invent formula to become super smart and earth turns into planet of the apes. Still was considered a better president than what we have.

Weird dream but did kinda make me laugh when I woke up. I did watch planet of the apes (the new one) last night.
It is already a planet of apes, humans are a species of ape

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: November 03, 2019, 06:49:23 pm »

It is already a planet of apes, humans are a species of ape

Yeah we are just more evolved and managed to get technology. Its just a dream though from probably watching planet of the apes. It still made me laugh. But yeah if hypothetically planet of the apes movie actually happened in real life, the future wouldn't probably look really that different than it is now.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: November 04, 2019, 04:18:55 am »

Huh I finally confronted two current sources of grief in this one.  It's 3:40AM but feels like 4:40 due to time change, and I don't know if I can get back to sleep anyway.  I know she'll wake up at 5AM anyway due to said time change, and ignore her clock.  For context: an uncle I wasn't particularly close to passed away a few days ago, and I'm currently spending nights (like tonight) with my nearly-deaf gma who's confusing dreams for reality. 

Before going to bed I found out she had a dream about me sneaking into her room, with my mom/her daughter in law (they haven't spoken in a decade) and mom and I said mean things about her.  I've tried to be patient and comforting about her nightmares, we keep the blinds closed so the people with ladders can't get to her 5th story window (blocked by tree branches) open it (only openable from inside) and rearrange her furniture. 

Sorry, that's just... where she's at, and it's a dream so it counts.  She's surprisingly chill about it, she just insists that it's real.  And that I snuck a girlfriend over the other night, ha.  And then on a night I wasn't there, I brought my mom I guess.  "Why would I bring my mother here, gma?" To meet her neighbors, apparently.  It's dream logic.  She can barely hear a word we say to her directly, yet/so she manages to hear all these fantastical things - always from her bedroom at night.

It's extra scary since I've had such vivid dreams, which sometimes feel extremely real.  Even when I notice the illogic and lucid dream.  But anyway, the dream *I* just had...

My dream started based on our family reunions, and focused on my uncle's son who I knew a bit better than my uncle.  We always had a picnic lunch out in the hilly country where they lived, and that's how this was.  Very pleasant memories.  There were some bits about certain classic video game consoles - big boxes of old carts and 3 1/4" floppies, a restored pinball machine.  A little muddled but mostly accurate remembrance.

My gma (other side of my family but shh) was there with a plate of food, looking and acting like she did 15 years ago.  She smiled comfortingly and said she still had good days.  As if I, a naive overly-honest child, was acting worried about her approaching old age.

But then she was in her present state, and she had just *repeated* those same words, trying to comfort current-me.
My cousin was there in his grown state, back from the Army.  We're not very close anymore, but he let me hug him and just... sob for a while... I hadn't really done that yet.  I took my time, and also recounted a timeline of where I'd lived (which included two significant stretches of living with gma and her husband).  It's also just kind of a fucked up timeline so I guess I cried about that, too.  Also regret for not being closer to my cousin and his father.

We walked down a river together.
Later he and I were playing orks in Fallout 4 and got chased around a vaguely familiar post-apoc house by a lumbering boss ork, who kept tearing the place apart.  no not super-mutants, that would make sense.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: November 04, 2019, 04:26:19 am »

Gave a sympathetic hug to someone who was ostensibly trying to kill me, then realized that I was probably about to get shivved just as my alarm went off.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: November 04, 2019, 09:02:17 pm »

Was playing a pretty awesome squad-based strategy game.   
Had plenty of deep customisation, varied characters and the ability to zoom in to an over-the-shoulder view to line up their shots, possibly even shooting in real-time, I'm not sure. I should have started writing this down as soon as I woke up, since now I've forgotten some details that made the game even more of a thing I wished existed.
My squad was infiltrating some enemy bases. It got pretty violent. I believe we wanted to stop any of them from escaping to spread word of who was responsible for the attack. There was a brief chase through some bush/forest in order to prevent a couple of them getting away - the character I was controlling hopped on a convenient motorbike to catch up? I dunno.

There was plenty of rewarding progression, as well. You could choose different skills/traits for your characters as they gained experience, I believe, as well as picking different hats for them. Oh, and there was a lot of loot to be had after we cleared out the base. Like, it seemed almost ridiculous and/or unbalanced, getting all that useful shit after lucking our way through a single battle.

That's about all I can remember, I'm afraid. *shrug*   

Also, the night before that I had a weird dream in which, at one point, I was renovating (or planning to renovate) some run-down little apartment/unit block into the ultimate party house. The main thing I remember was having to put in a lot of doors, especially since there was a toilet/bathroom on every floor. Eventually I got sick of having a door to the bathroom in the same spot on each floor, so one of the toilets had no entrance inside and was instead accessible via a rope ladder hanging out from a gaping hole in the building's wall. I dunno, man. It seemed cool.

Later in the dream I was with my dad, and reading a newspaper. I came across this colour-printed illustration in the paper, a painting of some grim near-future scene in a post-apocalyptic Korea - or so the accompanying caption said. It was a chillingly beautiful scene, with crumbling sections of highway still rising starkly in the background, and ranks upon ranks of abandoned, ruined cars closer to the fore, still positioned in lanes as though making a desperate attempt to flee from whatever had caused this devastation.
Everything was being steadily reclaimed by nature. I showed the image to my dad, and he said... something.
This was two nights ago, who knows. I'm amazed I remember this much.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: November 05, 2019, 05:03:32 pm »

Had a dream that I lived in my old high school in a closet, taking high school classes despite being 23 years old and having graduated college. The teacher confiscated some condoms in my pocket, then after class I went back to my closet and wondered where the hell my life went.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4332 on: November 05, 2019, 10:50:50 pm »

Classic.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: November 07, 2019, 06:50:02 pm »

I have that dream all the damn time. The dream makes me feel like I have to go back and finish high school and every other class I ever failed before I'm allowed to progress in college, but the only way I can afford it is using financial aide to attend both high school and entry level college courses simultaneously, so as soon as I get out of the high school for the night I drive like a madman to make it to my chemistry lab, then go to work because I have to pay for all this out of pocket even with aide.
Meanwhile everyone, literally everyone, is mocking me constantly. I can have no respect even from family.

That dream has me in a bad mood for days.

Last night's dream was nice though. It was about being a Rebel Alliance fighter based off an island on Earth, trying to hide humanity's origins from the Empire. The island had an immortal witch that looked like a kooky Maleficent who hid in a cave with her artifacts she slowly collected over the millennia using undead constructs. But we stumbled in accidentally after a fighter crashed in a lake outside, and thankfully she didn't want to kill us but instead joined us as long as we tolerated her eccentric kleptomania of anything with any possible value like coins, intergalactic credits, fuel cannisters etc. And so the empire now had to fight hoards of undead and mind controlled salamanders (from the lake outside)

I then rescued a guy that was totally drunk from gangs of mercenaries working fort the empire. This guy took the form of Chris Pratt and was basically Starlord, selling us weapons and shit. I escaped in a cloud car, and then a FTL shuttle later. But he didn't get along with the militants we had working for us as infantry, who also didn't get along with the zombie queen, who were all about to blow up and kill each other shortly after I returned. And that's about where the dream ended.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 07:02:08 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: November 07, 2019, 07:22:35 pm »

I have that dream all the damn time. The dream makes me feel like I have to go back and finish high school and every other class I ever failed before I'm allowed to progress in college, but the only way I can afford it is using financial aide to attend both high school and entry level college courses simultaneously, so as soon as I get out of the high school for the night I drive like a madman to make it to my chemistry lab, then go to work because I have to pay for all this out of pocket even with aide.
Meanwhile everyone, literally everyone, is mocking me constantly. I can have no respect even from family.

That dream has me in a bad mood for days.

Last night's dream was nice though. It was about being a Rebel Alliance fighter based off an island on Earth, trying to hide humanity's origins from the Empire. The island had an immortal witch that looked like a kooky Maleficent who hid in a cave with her artifacts she slowly collected over the millennia using undead constructs. But we stumbled in accidentally after a fighter crashed in a lake outside, and thankfully she didn't want to kill us but instead joined us as long as we tolerated her eccentric kleptomania of anything with any possible value like coins, intergalactic credits, fuel cannisters etc. And so the empire now had to fight hoards of undead and mind controlled salamanders (from the lake outside)

I then rescued a guy that was totally drunk from gangs of mercenaries working fort the empire. This guy took the form of Chris Pratt and was basically Starlord, selling us weapons and shit. I escaped in a cloud car, and then a FTL shuttle later. But he didn't get along with the militants we had working for us as infantry, who also didn't get along with the zombie queen, who were all about to blow up and kill each other shortly after I returned. And that's about where the dream ended.
You could/should make a movie out of this, it sounds cool
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 338