Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504626 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4335 on: November 11, 2019, 12:57:25 am »

I saw Elvis performing, doing a solo show in some little record store.
At least, I think it was a record store... it sold a fair bit of music, but it was laid out more like a small supermarket.

Anyway! The performance was amazing, as one would expect, though oddly enough Elvis had swapped out a guitar for an electric bass.
Hearing the intro riff of one song played on the bass instead of guitar was fantastic, and kinda made me want to run out and learn to play bass at once. Kinda like Motorhead but less shit.
Not sure if it was an actual Elvis song or just one I dreamt up.

After he finished playing I think those of us in the improbably small crowd even got to chat to him for a bit. Some of us had a bit of a look through the music for sale, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a very kvlt assortment of old-school black and death metal on offer, some of it on CD and some possibly on tape as well.
Even more amazingly, the King was into that shit as well! Or at least appreciative of it, despite how different it was to his music and how new it probably was to him.
Good times.

In another, earlier (I think) dream, all I remember is that I was playing some multiplayer, team-based game with absolutely amazing sword-fighting controls. I mean, since this was a dream it was basically just dream-me wielding a sword (I think most of the weapons were sabers and cutlasses and such), not actually using a controller, but... man, it'd be great if a game could somehow replicate that, y'know?
I guess in reality it'd have to be done with some fancy VR setup and probably full-body mocap suits. Hmmm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4336 on: November 11, 2019, 07:52:11 am »

I had a dream last night.

I was working at a place that built human like robots. I was one of the humans who would focus on teaching human behaviors. One time, when I was trying and failing to explain the purpose of emotions to one of them, someone led us to a conveyor belt and stuck us to it. I saw the third robot in front of me get crushed by the side walls, and I started to panic. I tried to leave, but I was electrocuted for trying to move. So was the robot in front of me, as he commented thst I had a heart rate and shouldn’t be on the disassembly line. He shouted ERROR, which caused the conveyor belt to stop. The human who strapped us to the conveyor belt came by and commented on the pain faking, at which point I took his hand and put it near my heart, ensuring thst he realized I was a human. “Do robots have heart rates?” I asked him. He said thst they didn’t and unstrapped me from the conveyor belt.

TLDR: I was mistaken for a defective human like robot after failing to explain why humans have emotions to a human like robot and was about to be disassembled

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4337 on: November 12, 2019, 12:37:23 am »

I was cutting some cucumbers, potatoes and about to season some lamb for dinner when I cut my finger off. At first worried, I noticed there was no blood or even pain for that matter - I realised then I was dreaming. To prove a point I took a meat cleaver and hacked my left hand off in one smooth motion - again, no blood, and I also thought it was implausible that my blunt as hell meat cleaver could hack through my hand in one motion when it struggled to do so to a fish fillet. I went to go grab some bok choi and opened the fridge with my left hand, which was perfectly fine of course, and returned to the chopping board to find my severed left-hand was now bleeding. I picked it up with my left hand and put the severed left hand in the sink to stop the blood getting everywhere, and wiped down the counter with a towel and some cleaning liquid. I then got a knock on the door and opened it to find it was a giant copy of my left hand walking on its index and forefinger, I invited it indoors but had no idea what it wanted, so I tried to make it tea but realised I had run out of tea.
I then got a second knock on the door and opened it to find a giant copy of my right hand, complete with its scars, and it challenged my left hand to a thumb war. Neither side won before the dream abruptly cut to me running through a hotel with implausibly supernatural skills of evasion and shenanigenary, with some crime boss trying to murder me whilst I played dice games with the other hotel inhabitants. In the end I managed to roll snake eyes and win a vast sum of money, which I split 50/50 with the crime boss to make him calm down. This seemed to work and then the dream ended

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4338 on: November 12, 2019, 05:54:16 am »

I had a dream last night.

I was working at a place that built human like robots. I was one of the humans who would focus on teaching human behaviors. One time, when I was trying and failing to explain the purpose of emotions to one of them, someone led us to a conveyor belt and stuck us to it. I saw the third robot in front of me get crushed by the side walls, and I started to panic. I tried to leave, but I was electrocuted for trying to move. So was the robot in front of me, as he commented thst I had a heart rate and shouldn’t be on the disassembly line. He shouted ERROR, which caused the conveyor belt to stop. The human who strapped us to the conveyor belt came by and commented on the pain faking, at which point I took his hand and put it near my heart, ensuring thst he realized I was a human. “Do robots have heart rates?” I asked him. He said thst they didn’t and unstrapped me from the conveyor belt.

TLDR: I was mistaken for a defective human like robot after failing to explain why humans have emotions to a human like robot and was about to be disassembled
A psychologist would have a fieldday.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4339 on: November 12, 2019, 08:21:52 am »

I've had robot dreams with similar themes, though usually less tragic (I have bad dreams too obviously, just not usually where I'm an automaton).
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4340 on: November 12, 2019, 08:46:17 am »

I've had robot dreams with similar themes, though usually less tragic (I have bad dreams too obviously, just not usually where I'm an automaton).
I was not an automaton, I was a human who others thought was an automaton because I had trouble explaining the purpose of emotions to automatons.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:47:43 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4341 on: November 12, 2019, 09:24:46 am »

I woke up as my dream was going on, so I only remember the part where I was pointing out that the politician was trying to trick people into going to the afterlife to power their soul forge. They also may have been a friend of mine, but I'm hazy on details.

Anyway! The performance was amazing, as one would expect, though oddly enough Elvis had swapped out a guitar for an electric bass.
Hearing the intro riff of one song played on the bass instead of guitar was fantastic, and kinda made me want to run out and learn to play bass at once. Kinda like Motorhead but less shit.

Motorhead but less shit sounds like something I'd be into. Or Gwar but actually good.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 09:27:31 am by Iduno »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4342 on: November 12, 2019, 12:09:06 pm »

I had another dream, this time I was one of the only humans working in a company thst made machines and their parts. The other humans quit their jobs because they didn’t like me programming a thinking AI or showing them the movies humans made, to warn them about the assumptions humans are likely to make. I showed the AI Animatrix, and I, Robot. The work they were doing required flexibility, so they made their limbs more like the squids from the Matrix. I was working security, checking the cameras and looking on the Internet about any attacks on the facility. There was an Anti Machines group thst was readying an attack from the west. I notified the boss, the human who I was working for, and he proceeded to ignore my emails about the threat. So the machines readied themselves for the attack, as did I. The humans came, armed with large electrocuting rods, and they electrocuted me. One of the machines took me into the building, and I saw others pick up the humans and take them somewhere before things faded. I woke up in a container with blue liquid, watching as my body healed itself from being burned. One of the machines, with blue eyes matching the liquid took me out when the healing was done, and told me thst what it is I was in is called a healing pod. It then told me that the humans who attacked were taken to the police, along with a terrorist group whi apparently attacked while I was healing. Ever since then, there are machines guarding the place now, and I looked around the room and noticed there were plants connected to a wire thst electricity was being taken from the plant and stored in one of the machines. I remember thinking thst it was cool they managed to get electric from living things. I told them this, and they said “things like this will be needed if humans try to block the sun like in Animatrix” “yes, given thst humans made the movie I would hope that we don’t make the same mistakes they did” “What mistakes?” “Treating machines like mere property because they happen to not be made of flesh, saying machines don’t have the same rights as people and thst they shouldn’t be allowed to defend themselves, not letting 01 join the UN and trade with humans peacefully. The humans in Animatrix treated the machines like crap. I understand why they hated them. I hope the real humans will be more accepting” then I woke up

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4343 on: November 13, 2019, 09:22:28 am »

I’m noticing a theme with my dreams,
Last night I had a dream where I built a synthetic human body that would grow as a human would, and I put the AI I was working on inside it, and raised it as I would a child. It learned many things about humans from school, unfortunately the humans figured out he wasn’t like them, and treated him differently because of it. At one point there was a shooting, him being made of metal stood in front of the door and took the bullets until the gunner had to reload, at which point t he walked up to the gunner, took the gun and bent it u til it broke. The gunner ran off, and the students praised him for saving them. Unfortunately, now the staff figured out he was a robot and he was expelled for not being a human. He came home and asked me “How am I to learn about humans now, since I’m not allowed to go to school?”

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4344 on: November 14, 2019, 01:40:10 pm »

A dream not involving AI this time, I was playing a game called Tara the Mimic, you would have to change form to whatever you had to kill, each level ended when all of the enemies were killed. It was a 3D game and each level added a new type of enemy. The first level had floating pink jellyfish in a grassy platformer type level. The second level took place in a house where there were lots of birds. I woke up when I had trouble finding the last birds.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 05:59:16 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4345 on: November 15, 2019, 01:05:26 pm »

Another dream about high school. This time my last day of high school is on Halloween, featuring a number of characters from later on my life. Everybody's dressed up as Mei from Overwatch or Donald Trump. Nobody cares about the lesson because everybody's trying to upstage eachother with their costumes. Class is out and I try to get as many pictures of my classmates as possible, but nobody's around anymore. Mom keeps calling me. I fell asleep in the library watching a video about a frozen blended pumpkin drink. I wake up and mom is still calling me. Then I actually wake up.

Do I have some unfinished business from high school or...
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4346 on: November 15, 2019, 01:34:18 pm »

Another dream about high school. This time my last day of high school is on Halloween, featuring a number of characters from later on my life. Everybody's dressed up as Mei from Overwatch or Donald Trump. Nobody cares about the lesson because everybody's trying to upstage eachother with their costumes. Class is out and I try to get as many pictures of my classmates as possible, but nobody's around anymore. Mom keeps calling me. I fell asleep in the library watching a video about a frozen blended pumpkin drink. I wake up and mom is still calling me. Then I actually wake up.

Do I have some unfinished business from high school or...

https://youtu.be/cOv3A5yhw5U

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4347 on: November 21, 2019, 03:15:33 pm »

Last night I had a dream where there was 3D interactive thing where you could look at the code of an AI. It showed buildings and such and a blue line with thicker sections, like how sounds from Audacity look. Clicking on the thicker portions of the line would show you sections of the code. I got to a point where if I moused over some sections, it said that Ctrl and Shift would be locked if I didn’t have 100% of the code, which the company doesn’t have. I was walking in the city, this time I wasn’t using the mouse, I followed the blue line around one of the buildings, looking at the code when I woke up

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4348 on: November 21, 2019, 05:18:51 pm »

Only remember part of the dream, but someone made fun of the bald spot developing on my head, and it made me sad.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4349 on: November 22, 2019, 08:39:58 am »

Yeah, going bald is worse than being bald. You have to do something with the hair you have left so it doesn't look terrible, but you can't make it look good.
Pages: 1 ... 288 289 [290] 291 292 ... 338