Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503869 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4380 on: January 06, 2020, 08:38:56 pm »

What if you fall asleep tonight while thinking about this dream? Perhaps your brain will attempt to continue the story?

KateyKitsune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: January 06, 2020, 10:32:26 pm »

I had a dream I was being held hostage by terrorists (on a submarine) but then I kicked one of them in the crotch and pushed the other onto the ground and escaped, don't remember more

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: January 07, 2020, 08:03:20 am »

Dreamed about co-op games with my brother.  About class-based bug-hunting games, and others.  Some spooky, all fun.

The last was most interesting.  The two players were wizards, one red and one blue, who flung bits of fire or cold while running a gauntlet (third person camera) of shadow-creatures.  Flinging the wisps felt very natural, good VR.

In the last level there was a strange primordial, formless creature who befriends the team.  Whichever wizard approached it first determined its form, and automatically assigned it a fire or ice themed name.  A Moltres or a Milotic appearance-wise, though the names were more arcane.  Whichever the choice, at the end of the level it unleashed devastating elemental power which defeated the shadows, but covered the world in ice or fire.  A different kind of Armageddon.

My brother wanted to move on to a different game afterwards, but I felt like there was something more.  I found a hidden unlocked single-player mode, only for that last level, where the player can switch between fire and ice Ikaruga-style.  When I approached the elemental this way, I wasn't in a rush to name it.  I listened to it.

Then I was the elemental, guiding this wizard through a puzzling maze.  I wasn't bound by a name or nature, which let me use all sorts of different abilities to make paths through the obstacles.  My favorite was a sort of dimensional doorway I could open up, with stars inside.  There was no apocalypse at the end.  I think there were books.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: January 07, 2020, 08:35:24 am »

It was the previous month, but the dream was weirdly morbid enough for me to remember: I was playing The Sims 3, and I controlled my self-insert and an e-acquaintance of mine, and we stole babies from the NPC Sims. The stolen babies were referred to as "future slaves", which was probably why I even remember the dream.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: January 12, 2020, 10:37:18 am »

I had a puppy, and started scratching the head of a cat (once I made sure it was okay with being scratched). Then I felt a bump on the arm I was scratching the cat's head with, as another cat sate down to get scratches, and I had to find a way to give 3 animals scratches with 2 hands.

There was other stuff about a hotel, and a lot of toys in the front yard, but I think my brain was just trying to link a bunch of dreams together semi-coherently.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: January 12, 2020, 11:15:03 am »

I had a puppy, and started scratching the head of a cat (once I made sure it was okay with being scratched). Then I felt a bump on the arm I was scratching the cat's head with, as another cat sate down to get scratches, and I had to find a way to give 3 animals scratches with 2 hands.

That's adorable. ^-^
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: January 13, 2020, 06:37:48 pm »

I had some goddam what the fuck oh shit fever dreams while I had the flu last week. 103-104 fever is fucked up folks.

Remember that time the Flying Dutchman stayed at Spongebob's house? It was like that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: January 13, 2020, 07:28:01 pm »

I had some goddam what the fuck oh shit fever dreams while I had the flu last week. 103-104 fever is fucked up folks.

Remember that time the Flying Dutchman stayed at Spongebob's house? It was like that.
So did your dreams involve the Flying Dutchman or did O misinterpret the metaphor? Hope you get better

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: January 14, 2020, 03:55:14 pm »

So did your dreams involve the Flying Dutchman or did O misinterpret the metaphor? Hope you get better

It's this scene :3

https://youtu.be/dtXOMldpQVw
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: January 14, 2020, 04:07:57 pm »

I had a dream where cheese was eating cheese.  Specifically something like a slice of cheddar eating a little cube of something like cream cheese.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: January 15, 2020, 02:17:19 am »

I had a dream where cheese was eating cheese.  Specifically something like a slice of cheddar eating a little cube of something like cream cheese.
Cannibalistic cheese, it is terrifying.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: January 15, 2020, 07:49:18 am »

I was a brave astronaut launching into spaaaaaace (scary oxygen-helmet and cramped module but exciting!).  I was piloting around a very unrealistic space when my sensors noticed a projectile about to smash into life-bearing world D:  I tried to get there in time to stop it, but I had to be very careful adjusting thrust, since navigating by vision was... treacherous, at the kind of speeds involved.  I arrived too late, just in time to see the impactor entering the atmosphere.  It was slowing down a lot, though, and coming in a low angle where it nearly missed the planet altogether.  It slowly smashed into an ancient-looking stone fortress-monument, like a pyramid but with more bits.  I landed nearby to investigate.

Then I was playing a combination of Minecraft and Pokemon.  Except the Pokemon were little hordes of guinea pigs (I has a guinea pig).  They felt *amazing* to stick my hand in, warm fuzzy adorableness, but I could also throw any object to them and they would swarm and devour it for component parts.  I think the crafting was going to involve "evolving" them by feeding them different scraps from the shattered temple.

There were local aliens in the temple but they considered me a potential help, so they were operating like tutorial NPCs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: January 15, 2020, 08:28:19 pm »

I think my brain is seriously trying to mess with me.
I was just dreaming that I was dreaming that I was dreaming that I was dreaming, several layers deep, waking up every time when I noticed there is something wrong about the scene and getting weirder with every step.

Woke up and saw light comming through the blinders, bedside clock told me I overslept for 8 hours. Panicked I grabbed my smart phone trying to figure why the alarm didn't go off. Wait... hadn't I replaced that model with another one six or so months ago?~
I jumped awake and hit my head on the underside of the top bunk and my sister yelled at me because that woke her. What. I had the top bunk when I was a kid and I was was bunking with my brother, sis had her own room~
Woke up, everythings dark. Clock told me I needed to get up in 30 minutes. I reached out to turn on the small bedside lamp and looked into the ceiling mirror. Thats strange... wasn't my gf supposed to be visiting her parents until Saturday? No wait, thats her FF14 avatar, she isn't Miqo'te* in real li~

I wake up yet again and everything is normal. Been awake for 30 minutes now and I'm still not entirely sure this is actually reality this time. Brain, why?

*not that I'd actually complain if she was Miqo'te in RL. I mean, come on. Catgirls.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: January 15, 2020, 09:05:12 pm »

I am responding, so you must have typed this in reslity

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: January 16, 2020, 12:39:12 am »

I am responding, so you must have typed this in reslity

That's exactly what an Inception would say! We need to go un-deeper!!!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 338