Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497482 times)

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4395 on: January 16, 2020, 09:18:37 am »

*Pushes Bumber into a fountain.*

Did that wake you up?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:43 am »

I am responding, so you must have typed this in reslity

That's exactly what an Inception would say! We need to go un-deeper!!!
Yes, speech alone will not convince you of reality. If you know you are in a dream, you can do things you cannot do in reality. If you are in a dream, it would Be possible to phase your hand through a table instead of touching it.  If you touch the table and it feels like a table, you are likely in reality. Another test you can do is attempting to bend a pencil without breaking it. Another way to test reality could be to start thinking about different places, if the thinking doesn’t bring you to that place, you are likely in reality/ I notice that in dreams things I touch seem...less real, transitory. It’s like my sense of touch is dulled. If your sense of touch is as it would be in reality, it is likely you are in reality.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:51 am »

I am responding, so you must have typed this in reslity

That's exactly what an Inception would say! We need to go un-deeper!!!
Yes, speech alone will not convince you of reality. If you know you are in a dream, you can do things you cannot do in reality. If you are in a dream, it would Be possible to phase your hand through a table instead of touching it.  If you touch the table and it feels like a table, you are likely in reality. Another test you can do is attempting to bend a pencil without breaking it. Another way to test reality could be to start thinking about different places, if the thinking doesn’t bring you to that place, you are likely in reality/ I notice that in dreams things I touch seem...less real, transitory. It’s like my sense of touch is dulled. If your sense of touch is as it would be in reality, it is likely you are in reality.
You seem to have different experiences than I do, because if I punch a table it feels like punching a table.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: January 21, 2020, 10:45:55 am »

[my dream last night involved me getting a self driving car ran by GLaDOS, who drove me to Aperture Wcience, which I told her was fake, she asked wh7 it showed up on the map if it was fake, I didn’t have an answer to that, so we went there. The first test inside, which is the only test I remember, involved 9 sections of floor arranged like Tic Tac Toe that I had to jump down onto. The door to the room was very high up.  One of them showed green light for a few seconds and the they all shuffled. I jumped down, and a portal spawned under me, on the floor I would have hit. The second portal placed me at the start. I must have chosen wrong, so I tried paying more attention to the green tile. I was unsuccessful numerous times, always being placed back where I started. GLaDOS told me that she randomizes the subsequent tests so I wouldn’t know what to expect. There was one point where she mentioned that I was in a dream, but I didn’t think much of it. Eventually I landed on the correct tile and she placed me on the other side of the room with a door to the next testing chamber. She said I’d take the next test later, then I woke up

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: January 21, 2020, 09:57:54 pm »

Spoiler: First dream (click to show/hide)

Tl;dr: shady character with bionic hand sells box full of the Virgin Mary's blood donations to the head of a nunnery, is sent to rural church in town where thinly-veiled Doc & Marty ripoffs live. Also, pirates.

Second dream: uh, I'm pretty sure there was one I planned on putting here, but I seem to have forgotten it entirely meanwhile. Whoops.

Spoiler: Third dream (click to show/hide)

Long-forgotten perpetrator of heinous crimes serving out stasis chamber sentence in some kindly lady's living room, is let out for lunch with guest and pursued by vampires/is a vampire/has nothing to do with vampires/idfk.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: January 22, 2020, 09:06:40 am »

No more puppy/kitten dreams today. I dreamt of getting attacked or people trying to kill me in every dream I remember from last night. Tired today.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: January 22, 2020, 09:30:34 am »

Let’s do an experiment, what if each of us thinks about a different person’s dream on the thread and then tomorrow we can write what our dreams were and compare to the dream we each thought about. If I’m not making sense tell me and I will clarify

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: January 22, 2020, 07:02:46 pm »

I can't remember if he was a mass murderer, a serial killer or if he shot a popstar, but in any case it was something abhorrent enough to get him locked away forever

Vampire slayer?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: January 23, 2020, 08:52:22 pm »

That could explain a lot!
Maybe the people he killed were all actually bloodthirsty vampires, yet he was locked up for all time since the legal system didn't even accept the existence of such creatures.

Anyway, I remember part of a couple of new dreams from last night, but probably not enough to make them interesting. I typed up part of one, maybe I'll do the rest later but who knows.

Possibly the highlight of them all was in the third dream - the rudest waiter of all time. He definitely thought the job was beneath him, and whenever anyone dared to get his attention to demand a status update on the drinks he was meant to be bringing them he would smash whatever glass he was carrying and storm off.

Later on, much to the surprise of the party, who had been dealing with his shit for a while, possibly even on multiple occasions, he started acting polite and helpful.
All eyes, even those of the normally reserved and aloof members of the group, went to see who warranted such treatment - it turned out to be a young guy in their group, who in the course of whatever went on in this dream (pretty sure he fell out of a plane at one point and was saved from drowning by dolphins) had acquired not one but two cute female admirers, one of whom was currently trying to make herself comfortable on his lap.
Much to his embarrassment, since this was right in the middle of whatever dramatic, regal dining room they were in - I have vague impression of dark, carved wooden surfaces, gloom, the glow of a fireplace and general elegance. It probably didn't help that the other gal was sitting right beside him, as well.

Not sure if the surly waiter was hoping that the dude's game would rub off on him or if he was simply taken with the girls (I think they were both new to the group), but in any case he even offered them cream with the drinks they'd ordered and asked what else they might need.

Cue much eye-rolling from the older members of the party, and a heightening of the guy in question's embarrassment thanks to the added attention.

Other highlights from last night's dreams include some kind of dormitory cat relay and a beat-down of an attempted rapist, that I believe later on lead to a dramatic kung-fu brawl in a courtyard that resulted in multiple deaths.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 08:54:30 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: February 03, 2020, 03:29:35 pm »

The dream I had last night involved narration about a husband and wife with 66 children that lived in a big house. The husband would set up death traps in the house and feed the corpses of those who died to the children. The wife worked with RNA and prions. She killed her husband with prions she made, then went to a hospital where Barack Obama was. She and Barack Obama were talking about RNA engineering when I woke up. The wife’s name was Rita and she had a blue dress on throughout the dream. I woke up wondering why I dreamed what I did. It was weird.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: February 03, 2020, 04:17:00 pm »

Had a weird one. Like, Cultist Simulator level of weird.

I'm in a big house. The house is owned/controlled by criminals/thugs. I don't know why I'm there, but I know I need to find a guy.

Also in the house is a RL coworker of mine. She's kinda fiery IRL. So I ask her "Where is the guy, what did they do with them?"

And she kind of rolls her eyes and gives me some non-responses until eventually I'm like "Seriously, where is he?"

So she says "Ok. Go to a bathroom in the house that looks like [some description of bathroom features I don't remember.] Look in to the mirror in the bathroom. Squint with your right eye and look in to the reflection. You should see in the reflection his body underneath the floor where they buried him."

I tried it in the dream for a few minutes without success, then I woke up.

*spooky ghost noises*
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:38:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: February 04, 2020, 06:24:09 am »

Cly you need to do it in real life.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4407 on: February 04, 2020, 06:42:14 am »

I had a dream I was saving turtles from waves of people trying to devour them. I was parkouring up and down the beach with a bucket, grabbing all I could before each successive generation of Charles Darwins & Chinese tourists captured them all. The plot thickened when the coastal killer emerged from the seas and began hunting every human on the beach, dragging them far out to sea where they would get tired and drown. I fought like a cornered honey badger and when I woke up, found I had friction burned my third right hand knuckle on a wall ;d

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: February 08, 2020, 05:21:15 pm »

Had a dream last night.

There was a group of us walking along this huge cutout (like, an area by a river that drops down from the road via a concrete slope) but this one was huge, like 50 meters across, and had another concrete slope on the other side, so it was like a little artificial valley.

The grass was very green and soft, with rich dark dirt underneath. Several pairs of train tracks ran through this valley, and the gravel underneath their tracks spilled out to make the shore of the river bank. It was midday, clear and sunny, but not hot, and you could hear birds chirping.

We walked for some time, and eventually the cut out turned away to the left and underneath am overpass. There were fewer train tracks here. We were far from the city. In front of us was a massive concrete slope (like the one under an overpass, but with no road/bridge above it.

One of the members of our group, am old old man, started telling us this is back where workers who built the trains used to live, and they used to climb this slope every day. They would mine the gravel back on the other side of this.

The slope is huge, like a mountain, or the side of a canyon. We start climbing, and for some reason everyone is giving encouragement to the old guys son (still a rather old guy himself, with a silvery beard) that today would be the day he beat his father to the top.
The climb is hard. The incline is at least 70 degrees, and the surface of the concrete is liken loose cloth. You have to take a handful of it and pull it taut to pull yourself up.

The old man's son is actually fairly unconcerned with beating his dad, and brushes off the encouragement, pontificating on the view instead. His dad is likewise unconcerned with the idea of a competition. They are both from the workers that used to live back here. This climb the rest of us see as terrifying and adventurous is nostalgic to them. Us younger generations just don't understand.

I am climbing hard to keep up with them, the veterans, and we have left most of the other group behind. Some of them are beginning to turn back down there, satisfied with their day trip, safe near the bottom. Those of us up here did not come for a day trip though. I risk a glance down and the world spins. The cutout is far below me and the winds push me against the slope. Despite the cloth like nature of it, it is still concrete, and my hands are scraped and rough. My muscles ache from the climb, but there is no easy way down from up here.
The old man's son stops to give me a smile from under his grey beard, encouraging me. We press on. A little bird lands on his shoulder for a moment, before diving out into the wind again.

The old man has reached the top ahead of me, with a few others. "Look!" One of them exclaims, "the shadow, it's..."

I am so close now. My muscles are burning, and my hands are cut. To fall from this height is certain death. I cannot give out.
With one final effort I reach the top. There is that terrifying moment where the slope above me is gone, and I have nothing to cling too. Where I must push down to hoist myself up like climbing onto a roof. My arms are shaking as I do so, and for a moment I fear they will give out, but then someone seizes my arm and hauls me up. I'm safe. I made it.

I look up to see the other side and I lose my breath again. Rolling green plains spread out beneath us, a wide river cutting through them, and what I think for a moment is the shadow of this ediface ripples and moves.
It's a heard of... some kind of creature!?? There are thousands of them down there, black as shadow. Birds are flying in V formation across the scene, but even they are below us up here. The winds push against us, and I can hear the faint echo of a guitar on them, with the smell of food. Like hearing a concert from a dozen blocks away.

We are all exhausted, but the view fills my heart with awe. The other side of this slope used to be a mountain, but it was broken down for gravel, bit by bit, by the workers to fill under the train tracks. Now, it's just this this monument to labor. Two steep cliffs, with a small clearing up top. One side concrete, the other natural rock face, just as steep.

I feel good, like when you finally catch your breath after a long run. The air is cold and clean.

I relax for a moment, and the dream begins to melt. The whole slope flops over and we all cling to the side, screaming, hanging onto the concrete fabric, dangling over the earth miles below.

Someones grip slips, but my view of the fall is interpreted as the whole thing flops back the other way. It's a smaller flop, the thing is rightening itself, but there force of it flings me off of it out over those great green planes. I squeeze my eyes shut as I tumble through the air, but when I open them, I am awake. This strange and beautiful world is gone, and the people I met, who felt so real and deep are left behind in it.

They felt like real people. Like they had thoughts and actions their own I could never dream up. And the world, it was beautiful, and surreal, and it felt very real as well.

I genuinely miss that place. It was only an hour ago, but it felt more real that much of what I do awake. I wonder if it was..
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: February 08, 2020, 05:28:30 pm »

I can't help feeling like I lost something after that.

Like the dream was a test, one I almost passed, but at the last moment I failed, and I lost something wonderful back there.

Regardless, I feel better this morning than I have in months. I feel actually alive, awake for the first time in months, but there is a longing in my soul I don't know how to reconcile now. I miss what I saw in that dream...
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 292 293 [294] 295 296 ... 338