Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503003 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4440 on: March 15, 2020, 01:37:28 am »

Wow, that's basically how I discovered Mechwarrior- got distracted by Mechwarrior 2 at the local Goodwill, got it for a song.

Dreamed night before last about declogging my sink, because it's been a whole thing and also adulting sucks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4441 on: March 15, 2020, 11:21:44 am »

Dreamed everyone was yelling at the combined total of English people for putting vinegar on their chips

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: March 17, 2020, 04:56:47 pm »

Well this justifies Brexit in every way, shape and form.

Who can take people complaining about vinegar on chips seriously? Or indeed credit their intellectual capacity?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: March 17, 2020, 05:20:23 pm »

The night before last night, I played Terraria with my brother on one of his worlds, or was it my world> anyway the world we played in was a corruption world, I apparently dreamed that I was playing the world and found crimson to the right instead of corruption, when we played again yesterday I told him it was a crimson world and he told me that yes, it was still a corruption world. Apparently my mind likes crimson worlds?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4444 on: March 17, 2020, 06:59:33 pm »

Well this justifies Brexit in every way, shape and form.

Who can take people complaining about vinegar on chips seriously? Or indeed credit their intellectual capacity?
It comes as natural as seagulls on chips, it's clearly the way God intended

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: March 17, 2020, 08:23:49 pm »

My dream today was that of being at work.  I hate my work.  I woke up, cursed that it was 330 and I had only 4 hours of sleep, and went to work.  Now, after work, I write about work and contemplate finding other, yet similar, work.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: March 21, 2020, 12:42:59 am »

Every song from here
Reminds me of trying to fall asleep last night after being nearly unable to for a few days, and seeing the dreams when I closed my eyes.
(Don't watch more than like 1:30 of this if you want to keep that nice feeling).
And I did feel better last morning, whatever happened.  In the interval.
time
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: March 22, 2020, 10:42:28 am »

My drsam(s) last night was/were disjointed. I was at a large house with students? strangers? With my school supplies. There was a point where everyone left except me, and while looking for my school things, (a rolling backpack containing my textbooks and computer and notebooks, and a cart that contains my Visiobook, purse and water bottle) everyone else left the house. At some point I came across a living person made of plastic who led me to someone at a desk and she started talking to them. At one point something in the room turned into a person and either tried to attack us or ran away. Eventually everything went dark and I was still stuck in the house with the plastic woman when I woke up. She told me she knew the way out but kept leading me to more rooms of the house. Never found my supplies or the exit

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: March 22, 2020, 05:42:34 pm »

I dreamt I was back in Melbourne, or with some Melbourne friends at least, and I was seeing a gig. Crazy, right?!   
Can't remember who was playing but there was some weird dream shit where I was in the bathroom and, on a poster for the show, the front-women of two or three of the bands were somehow animated and talking to each other. Or maybe I was just hearing some on-stage banter from the other room and imagining it. Also, they appeared to be dressed kinda like burlesque dancers for some reason. Talked in an old-fashioned style too, I believe?   
I think I liked one of the bands and decided to purchase their music immediately, and upon going to their label's Bandcamp on my smartphone which was apparently working (possibly the most far-fetched part of the dream), I took a look at the label's "buy full digital discography" option which the site likes to shove in your face.   

To my surprise, it was actually affordable - and it included a lot of music! Even some from favourite bands of mine, like Holy Serpent!
This is rather odd, especially since the label in the dream was Poison City Records, which I'm pretty sure only do punk music IRL.   
The strangest part was definitely that much music for just $24 or so, though. Also, I believe The Smith Street Band were involved at some point. I doubt they were playing the gig but I may have just heard a song of theirs somewhere.   
Can't remember if I snapped it up during the dream or not, but I'm sure I planned to. There were enough good bands I already knew in there to be worthwhile.

Also some new little cafe/restaurant was being opened by a friend of ours, probably vegan/vego and probably somewhere near the venue I was at earlier in the dream, but I think the dream ended before I could actually order any food - I was in the bathrooms for some reason, having spilled water (at least I hope that was water) on some belonging of mine and deciding to give it a thorough blasting in a hand-dryer. Maybe it was a shoe. Or a shirt. Certainly not something you'd want soaked with water.
Oddly enough I may have skated to the place, either that or there was a skating scene with some other, more coordinated character.   

Oh, and two of my friends showed up with coffees they got for free. One of them had actually been given the coffee, whilst the other friend pretended to take another one by mistake thinking the offer extended to him as well.
Pointless detail, I know, but it led to some amusing convo's in the dream.   

Edit: last night/this morning's dreams were pretty all over the place from what I remember. At one point I was walking along a street somewhere filled with heartbreakingly gorgeous old buildings, and I'm not sure if I was somewhat intoxicated or if I was just far better at expressing myself than in real life, but I started looking at them as I passed and gesturing wildly, shouting things like "OH MY GOD THAT BUILDING IS SO FUCKING BEAUTIFUL" or "UGH, LOOK AT THAT PLACE, IT MAKES ME WANT TO BITE MY FIST AND SCREAM!"   

I do love old buildings. Honestly, I kind of wish I could do that sort of thing for real. Self-expression is not a strength of mine.   

Next I remember, I was at a party with various friends both real and dreamt-up. Things were going alright, but then one person (an entirely fictional person as far as I know) started telling me I ought to call it a night and turn in, that I'd had enough to drink. That would be highly annoying at the best of times, but the kicker was that this twerp was far more visibly drunk than I. They even handed me a scribbled note that was messy and misspelled almost to the point of illegibility.   
This continued for what seemed like quite a while, then later I had had enough and began mocking their wholly unappreciated efforts to my closer friends, rather loudly and most likely within earshot of everyone at the gathering (it was a small group). I think this caused some considerable unpleasantness, at least for the person in question and folks who might like them enough to feel bad about it, especially when I started reading the aforementioned note aloud, being sure to emphasise its all-'round shittiness.   
Later I remember them (the annoying person) showing/giving me some weird folder or scrapbook filled with various photographs and birthday cards they'd given me and shit. I think their earlier behaviour was a manifestation of some kind of obsession they had with me? I dunno wtf their problem was but the feelings (assuming they were positive) were certainly not reciprocated.   

Last I remember of that gathering was things having calmed down from the earlier hard-partying, people sitting around quietly talking on low stone walls on a street somewhere in the very late dark of night, and me discovering, to my dismay, that I was somehow feeling too sober to easily participate in any such conversations and desperately wishing somebody had a beer left to give me.   
That bit hit kinda hard. Moments like that are nightmarish irl.   

I believe there was something later as well, closer to me waking up, that I remembered at first and meant to include here, but in the process of getting out of bed, going to take a slash, and getting distracted by this and that before getting  back and starting to type this I seem to have entirely forgotten it, whatever it was.

In closing, I shall leave you with this message from the cat, who likes to sit on a tall piece of furniture next to this desk and uses my laptop as a stepping stone:   
b lll'
"Epowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww07
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:21:25 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: April 01, 2020, 08:00:46 am »

There was some nonsense about fighting vampires but it was weird and unfair.  Most of the dream was practicing some sort of theatre performance with very vague "figure it out as you go" stage direction.  It was Classically themed, with me playing the role of a pretty young Roman(Greek?) who initially was a dutiful student, learning the ways of science through following along in intricate, ritual group dances.  Drawing alchemical signs on the ground together, or something.

But... oh jeez, this was all very heavily inspired by how much Morrowind I've been playing, my character was destined to be *the best* student and ascend to demigodhood... of study.  I was directed to "spin out" of the main dance in representation of some sort of martyr's death death in battle, but apparently my character studied the battle so well *while getting killed* that they were able to bless their fellows with strategic insight.  I did this by becoming a constellation, which in dance terms meant slowly circlestrafing the rest of the dance group while making really indulgent poses to communicate wisdom.  Morrowind is *weird* like that.

Ohno suddenly the vampire from earlier leapt through a stained glass window!  It was absurdly fast, basically ninja-slashing through the dancers, but I was able to juuust barely parry it because I(my ancestors?) had been cursed with semi-vampirism earlier I guess!  It was faster and stronger than me though so I leapt up some geometry and out the broken window.  It followed me out into the moonlit hills, periodically dashing through me but being warded off by well-timed blocking with my dagger.  I think it was even getting hurt, but all it needed was one good hit on me.  Fortunately I kept it away long enough to find the quicksave button!

Definitely a safe situation to quicksave in /s... but actually I felt pretty good about my odds.  Woke up though.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: April 01, 2020, 06:10:59 pm »

I can't remember enough of last night's dream(s) to really even begin to make sense of it/them. :'(   
Marc Bolan was kind of a fuckin' creep, though. I suppose that's fairly believable? Maybe that's unfair to his memory, idk.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: April 10, 2020, 11:38:54 am »

I had a dream that I was in a typical American school, ruled over by an evil teacher that tormented and physically and sexually abused students. I develop a crush on one of my classmates, which one of the other female classmates doesn't like so she passes me a note, only for me to assure her that I'm married and won't act on my crush anyways. I also reveal that I'm almost 24 and still in high school for some reason

Anyways, it turns out the school is caught in a Groundhog Day time loop where the evil teacher turns into some kind of demon and destroys the school with fire and lightning, killing all the students in a rampage. Once the fireworks begin, every student aware of the time loop just goes off and does their own thing at a mall. I steal a bunch of ice cream sandwiches from a store and start hanging out with some guy at an arcade. We play some weird fusion of skeeball and tic-tac-toe and throw the ball so hard that it bounces off and interrupts some nerds playing an old card game.

Then the teacher comes and kills us all END
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: April 10, 2020, 12:25:08 pm »

I had a dream that I was in a typical American school, ruled over by an evil teacher that tormented and physically and sexually abused students. I develop a crush on one of my classmates, which one of the other female classmates doesn't like so she passes me a note, only for me to assure her that I'm married and won't act on my crush anyways. I also reveal that I'm almost 24 and still in high school for some reason

Anyways, it turns out the school is caught in a Groundhog Day time loop where the evil teacher turns into some kind of demon and destroys the school with fire and lightning, killing all the students in a rampage. Once the fireworks begin, every student aware of the time loop just goes off and does their own thing at a mall. I steal a bunch of ice cream sandwiches from a store and start hanging out with some guy at an arcade. We play some weird fusion of skeeball and tic-tac-toe and throw the ball so hard that it bounces off and interrupts some nerds playing an old card game.

Then the teacher comes and kills us all END
your dream is interesting, I don’t think I’ve had time loop dreams yet

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: April 10, 2020, 08:20:51 pm »

The dream I had involved one of my teachers having us all watch the newest Rick and Morty episode since S4E5. Sadly, I woke up before it started

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: April 11, 2020, 11:45:14 am »

I dreamed of eating at a restaurant with family.  Quarantine is truly messing with me, I would not normally fantasize about such a thing.  I am generally uncomfortable with sit-down restaurants, not to mention family socials.

As if to appease my sensibilities, my aunt to my left was somehow turning the remains of her chicken wings into a gravy for later.  I was quite hungry and my own meal was late, so she let me have a wing.  Much of the dream was just me slowly consuming a chicken wing, while waiting for my chicken breast to arrive.

Oh huh, I clearly remember being misgendered twice when the meal did arrive.  That's usually not a thing in my dreams...  I think the server didn't like me for some reason, and that's why my meal was late.  The dream ended with my dad quibbling over the check as I tried to separate the meat from the bones.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 338