Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502032 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4455 on: April 12, 2020, 03:10:39 pm »

I dreamed of eating at a restaurant with family.  Quarantine is truly messing with me, I would not normally fantasize about such a thing.  I am generally uncomfortable with sit-down restaurants, not to mention family socials.

As if to appease my sensibilities, my aunt to my left was somehow turning the remains of her chicken wings into a gravy for later.  I was quite hungry and my own meal was late, so she let me have a wing.  Much of the dream was just me slowly consuming a chicken wing, while waiting for my chicken breast to arrive.

Oh huh, I clearly remember being misgendered twice when the meal did arrive.  That's usually not a thing in my dreams...  I think the server didn't like me for some reason, and that's why my meal was late.  The dream ended with my dad quibbling over the check as I tried to separate the meat from the bones.
What did the dream-you think about being misgendered? Did they not react to it at all?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: April 12, 2020, 03:16:27 pm »

It was a deliberate insult, which I suppose is why it happened at all.  I dream about being either or neither a lot and it's never a big deal, which is one reason I enjoy dreaming despite the waves of nightmares.  This was hardly nightmarish, it was just a plot point that the server was going out of his way to be a dick to me.  A low-effort trolling which didn't bother me any more than my hunger.

Edit: Put another way... I think what surprised me is that I was trans in that dream, instead of just being in a comfortable no-issues body like in most dreams.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 03:24:07 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: April 14, 2020, 05:49:38 pm »

Hello thread that I haven't visited in over a year! I dreamed ... I forget most of it, but the one bit that stands out in my mind was that I was trying to have a conversation with this one karate teacher I know when I suddenly began growing acid-filled blisters on every surface of my body, including the inside of my mouth and throat, rendering me incapable of talking or moving without difficulty.

Not sure exactly what that means. Certainly came out of nowhere.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: April 14, 2020, 05:55:54 pm »

Hello thread that I haven't visited in over a year! I dreamed ... I forget most of it, but the one bit that stands out in my mind was that I was trying to have a conversation with this one karate teacher I know when I suddenly began growing acid-filled blisters on every surface of my body, including the inside of my mouth and throat, rendering me incapable of talking or moving without difficulty.

Not sure exactly what that means. Certainly came out of nowhere.
Did you perchance view the Corruption IC thread at some point? There is an enemy that is composed of blisters

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4459 on: April 14, 2020, 06:08:45 pm »

Nope, haven't even heard of that game. It's not even something I fear or think about regularly at all, so it was odd to have it appear out of nowhere.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: April 14, 2020, 08:48:50 pm »

YO I head a dream where I was palling around with Geralt the Witcher, and he was like Hey. Don't Fuck up.

And then I went and shopped for witching boots for the rest of the dream. I woke up when I found some that looked good.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: April 16, 2020, 12:31:29 am »

I'm sitting around a tower with my RL friends, we're trying to kill time during the pandemic.  Writing in diaries, trying to get tired enough to sleep.  I accidentally peek at what one of them's writing, I briefly wake up for real.

I drift back and I'm going to college with clones of Hamilton and Franklin.  I'm in a boring class and start telling my diary about it, but somehow the teacher clones the page and after class tells me it's going in the school Bible for all posterity to laugh at.  I sneak to the surprisingly unguarded Bible, it has a collection of yellowed pages next to it, but the top one says that the threat was a prank for underclassmen and to please not vandalize the Bible.  I meet up with Franklin and Hamilton and tell them about how the university "tried" to prank me.  We share a laugh as we go down to the waterfront to solve a mystery.

I actually remember the mystery, it involved video of a thief on horseback disappearing into a sheet of rainwater in the crumbled archway of a ruined bridge.  Franklin very proudly eureka'd the whole thing, explaining that the horseman had simply ridden into the rainwater, stopped, and dismounted.  He's run off with the loot, leaving the horse there being rained on.  This was brilliant somehow, you had to be there.

We looked out into the water for a while, so tired.  Franklin and I realized we were dreaming.  I tried to hold on, but we weren't real, just artificial constructs, and I briefly woke up for real again.

I'm sitting in a middle school classroom next to a large, shy kid who needs my help with social stuff.  A real kid from my past.  It's a rather contrived story about how I might have been his friend.  In real life I was... not, something I've long regretted.  One interaction was that a kid in class forgot what a boomerang was called, and my friend said "It'll come back to you" without meaning it as a joke.  I congratulated him as if he did it on purpose, and people laughed at his joke as they got it.  He was somewhat overwhelmed by the attention but appreciated it.

I'm always pleasantly surprised to hear wordplay in a dream that works in real life, which of course alerted me to the fact I was dreaming and kicked me out.  Frustrated I tried to relax and fall asleep again.

I was in a diner out west, sipping coffee.  It was nice.  I was finally asleep, and I knew it, and while the dream was boring I knew I was resting.  I made some sheep appear briefly, they winked away.  Boring, but nice.  Which of course couldn't last.  There was a building feeling that something was wrong in the real world - but I resisted it.  I remembered how hard I'd been trying to sleep, and tried to hold on, but there was a rush of air and feeling of vertigo as if from reality.  Cursing, I jolted myself awake- so I thought.  This time I "woke up" in the same diner still, but had no time to think as cowboy-themed bandits drove up to the store in SUVs.  I ran outside to avoid them but was too slow, I had to lie on the ground and play dead.  The leader decided I wasn't worth killing, the rest just laughed and assumed I was dead.

There were a couple local dogs which they "looted", ordering the dogs to eat me.  The dogs were... still just friendly local dogs, and sniffed at me, but this satisfied the bandits who drove off.  I got up, dusted myself off, and comforted my ego by petting the good doggos.  Eventually woke up for real.

I went to bed *three hours ago* (plus half an hour to write this).  I'm worried I'm feverish, but hopefully it's just that I had more sugar than usual too late at night (apple juice).  Frankly, getting a full night of sleep has just been difficult for somewhat obvious reasons.  Feels like I can't stay asleep for a full five without almost staying up the previous night.  Alcohol helped at first but then just made it worse, as it does.

Ah well, here we go again.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4462 on: April 16, 2020, 04:22:33 pm »

Dreamed I was in a Chinese airport with very few people inside it. It was a standard progression through customs, right up until someone started playing Russian hardbass. From that point onwards I was uncontrollably parkouring through the airport like a radical sleeper agent activated by superklaas. I was utterly unstoppable, right until I crossed the barrier separating one corridor to another. This corridor led to a real life shopping centre from my memories, and I was parkouring with one of my childhood friends. I stopped dead in my tracks with the hardbass still playing and security guards closing in everywhere. My friend asks me what's wrong, and I tell him don't you get it? This is all a dream. I charge as fast as I can into a huge storefront glass window to prove my point. Instead of smashing through and cutting myself all over with broken shards of glass, I bounce harmlessly off without any sensation at all. The security guards, my friends, the shoppers, all of them begin to panic because they don't know what it means if they're not real. I walk through the panicking crowds and think of absolutely nothing

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4463 on: April 16, 2020, 04:36:04 pm »

Man I wish I had more hardbass in my dreams.

I dreamt that I was driving like a 1990 Ford Bronco, with a friend from high school who was a hellraiser, and my brother, as we all pal'd around back in the day.

It was weird though, driving around and looking at things was like a graphical glitch in a video game. The street "texture" was instead grass, and all the trees that are usually along the side of the road were in the middle of the road but you could drive straight through them. There's various grumbling and complaining about this reality from my two passengers. And my friend, who is a very large man, keeps putting his arms and hands up in front of me so I can barely see what I'm doing.

Then some other American make offroading type vehicle pulls up next to us and my friend is like "Oh you can't race him, he'll crush you."
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 04:49:03 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4464 on: April 19, 2020, 08:30:55 am »

I dreamed there were many venomous spiders soon to be extinct who I rescued by roaming the lands and providing the spiders with safe refuge. The spiders took safe refuge on my hairy legs or in my head of hair, spreading outwards as they constructed more webs all over me. Eventually I became a walking spiderhost full of venomous spiders, more spider than man. The spiders did bite me and feed from me, which was painful, though I know not why I was sheltering so many spiders. Yes, I do love spiders, but I do not think I would ordinarily replace my right arm with spiders. Nevertheless, I found it a pleasant and ordinary dream, which itself I find odd. As despite my dream considering this normal, typing it out sounds odd. Are dream spiders messing with my dream webs? No doubt. The people in my dream tried to get me to abandon my spiderquest or kill the spiders in my hair, but I defended every single one. This would make a decent horror story for people who hate spiders

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: April 19, 2020, 08:54:23 am »

My dream involved flying primates called fairy colugos flying down from some trees, an orange talking weasel? Ferret? That could fit in my hand and was wearing a top hat in one of my bird feeders, me questioning why my biology class never talked about the feathered mammals or small talking mammals, asking the weasel/ferret what it was and it not knowing what humans would call it, trying to stop it from falling to the ground when it tried getting out of the feeder...I thought everything was real as it was happening, until I woke up. Thinking back how did I not piece together that I was dreaming?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: April 19, 2020, 08:35:57 pm »

Thinking back how did I not piece together that I was dreaming?

Because, in dreams, you just accept everything as making sense. Like when that chair talks to you, it's because it's your parent.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4467 on: April 20, 2020, 04:42:49 am »

Dreamed I was a rogue inquisitor traveling through the warp with a blank companion being chased by another inquisitor who had a large retinue of Imperial Fists, PDF and guardsmen. The Imperial Fists were themselves being chased by Iron Warriors and demons, with one particularly harrowing chase through a hotel fortress whose corridors branched off into different parts of the universe, where the only safe way of traversing it was via one of its two lifts. As the lifts were only large enough to contain six people or three space marines, the people waiting outside had to fight a desperate rearguard action to buy the people at the lift more time. Myself and the other inquisitor join forces to avoid total destruction, and everyone's spirits are raised when we discover most of the guard, PDF and all of the Imperial Fists have survived. The Iron Warriors hesitate to rush up the lifts where they'd get gunned down fairly quickly, but the demons keep coming up. Even with the blank and two inquisitors, dispelling them all is getting more difficult - eventually we have to rest, but the demons don't stop coming.

We search around the floor we're on, which was floor 10 to 13. Floor 12 did not exist, floor 10 looked like an ordinary hotel floor from the early 19th century complete with confused guests and caretakers, but floor 13 appeared to have no roof - instead opening out onto a vast expanse of cosmic dust, a gigantic multicoloured nebula. The floor was large but had limits defined by what appeared to be calcified organic remains, like a vast coral or jelly entity had once lived here and since become fossilised. Several towers ringed the floor symmetrically, with portals leading out to various different scenes, one of which led back to our lifts. We chose one which seemed fairly normalish. It had blue skies, no blood rain, and dropped us safely on top of a hill overlooking an ocean or a lake. The hill facing us was covered in castles & towers, and was ringed in clouds that were shaped like the hagia sophia. One of the guardsmen was surprised to get a vox signal and radioed for a large aerial pickup. The other inquisitor and I argued about whether we should close down the gate or not, all the whilst everyone else played football or I spy

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #4468 on: May 09, 2020, 04:15:09 am »

I dreamt last night that my Dad was a furry. I can remember nothing else from the dream except the image of my Dad, with his bushy white beard and the look of a slightly sloppy Victorian academic about him, talking about how much he liked fursuits whilst getting into one. Bit weird.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: May 09, 2020, 01:21:16 pm »

Can relate, my parents were pillar men and I had sleep paralysis.
I'm not merely joking.  Last night was bizarre strange.  Not as horrifying as it sounds, though.
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 338