Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497648 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 11:25:13 pm »

We must do a Bay 12 dreaming study.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #46 on: September 01, 2012, 12:39:22 am »

I've had dreams which it felt like I was living another day in an alternate universe of my life. Very basic adjustments made. Like the climate of the area, a few basic details of my life (family, friends, tech level, and whatnot, even continuing a relationship with somebody I have no memory of; sometimes a cute girl, other times, my standards have slipped a bit; a handful of times, I want to hurt my alternate self big time (more because they're the complete definition of a bitch, bordering C-territory)).

One recurring dream of sorts I've had quite a few of involves this bizarre concourse kind of location, like a massive convention center meets airport terminal kind of setting, which also meets the Cube/Hypercube world. Hallway after hallway after hallway. Different colored halls, different species, people, things, many of them looking at me or greeting me as if we've known each other for millennia; and oddly enough, I was my 6-year old self, feeling lost in this crazy-ass environment, looking for someone. But over the course of time (other times I dreamed of this place), with the dream, I've been maturing, or had better control over my RSI (residual self-image (probably solving issues within myself or something)), and looking more like my current self, except with more abilities and such exotic to our reality (essentially, magic), and being able to better navigate this place, and the very same creatures and etc. were barely phased by my developments, and were actually more welcoming me to chat up with them. Mind you, these things looked like real aliens; eldritch horrors and whatnot, crystal beings, and so on. They were behaving so familiar with me, it was as if they were waiting for me to have a drink with them and catch up on old times.

Maybe it's me, but I don't know if I was something crazy-awesome in my past life or something, but that has to say something if even things like elder gods, angels, and demons, want to have a drink with me, just to chat, and nothing else. I mean, they were like old friends, and they even had that familiar feel about them. Sure, they don't speak our language, yet I understood them enough, and vice-versa, it was like those sci-fi shows/movies where I can speak normal to something with non-verbal language, and we understand each other when we communicate.  If aliens and gods really do exist, I'm plenty open to hang out with them just by these dreams alone. Sure, they may give your everyman a broken sanity or eternal nightmares when you look at them or hear them speak (much of them also being principalities and powers; meta- and multi-dimensional beings, and being things that would even make Cthulhu himself shudder), but they're actually pretty cool guys, and have some interesting stories to tell. Unfortunately, we, as humans are the subjects to many of their pranks; either on us, or on other aliens and gods. A good epiphany I got was, there's no good nor evil; just a crap-ton of assholes, regardless of background, origins, and intent of actions. God's an asshole, the devil was an asshole, Christ may have even been an asshole as a child when being raised, and he could have viewed his parents as such too while being disciplined. Face it, everybody's an asshole to some degree no matter what; it's natural.

Funny enough, I think I was hit on by a few crazy-ass beings as well; fortunately, most of them with forms compatible with my own (yes, your standard monster-girl type or technicolor-skinned babe; apparently, regular women just don't see much in me. Felt nice to be appreciated once in awhile; even if by a non- or partial-human.), at other times, not so much; unless, in a past life, I WAS one of them, and they somehow recognized me in this body. Maybe it's a spiritual thing? I dunno. But these things revered me, and fallen angels and demons that would not think twice to harm an innocent child (mostly for fun) are absolutely terrified of me, as if I could erase them from existence absolutely (including any backups, and alternate realities that may include them (erasing them from them)), or annoy them so much, that I, as a being, am an outlawed form of torture by the Geneva Convention. Then again, considering how far I would go to bend or abuse certain rules (SEE: Things Bay-12ers are not allowed to do in RPGs; mostly what I came up with), makes sense.

EDIT:
Reading back on some of this, I hope the sign for the place doesn't say something along the lines of Gensokyo (though I wouldn't mind too much; especially if I'm revered as such).
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 01:22:05 am by Itnetlolor »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #47 on: September 01, 2012, 04:20:53 am »

Do you guys have dreams that are... Uh. Continuations?
Yep. Love it when that happens.
It's like watching the next episode of a really fun drama that you didn't expect you'd be able to see!
Except when it's one month of falling. Though I guess I didn't expect the landing :P

I had an odd dream last night.

I was dreaming I was semi-conscious. But there is also the possibility I was semi-conscious in real life, and just being semi-lucid.
Semiiiiiiiiii

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2012, 05:10:20 am »

Fell asleep in the middle of the afternoon, had a dream of a similiar theme to the one I had last night. Hrm.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2012, 07:08:23 am »

I've got 2 dreams that are almost the same.
in the first dream i was running around huge green plains with a sword in my hand and 2or3 barbarian friends.while we were walking forward,we could see a huge mountain in the right corner.i don't know why,but i was bragging to everyone that i had once climbed on the mountain,and then i woke up.

in the next dream i was in my house. then random creatures attacked me.one of them was huge dinosaur,i was running away from it, and then i appeared in the same grassy plains with the same mountain and bragging about the same stuff.then i appeared in the city, with my friend running away from the dinosaur.i saw a very dark street and said to my friend "in the new year we will have fruits."the friend answered"but why do i need eggs then?"and i gave him a fruit and we ran in the dark street,after few seconds of running,we found a very bright warehouse,it had lots of guards.i said to them "give us what you have and leave",they gave me vodka,we all sat on the floor and drank it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 07:24:43 am by brainfreez »
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2012, 07:47:34 am »

I just dreamed that I was part of a class in school that was putting on Discworld the musical. It had giant wonka esque mushrooms and a dwarf that parodied mary sues.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 01, 2012, 09:53:52 am »

Yeah, the only recurring dream I had was when I was around 3-4 years old.
Bear in mind, at that time I had a terrifying nightmare EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT.
But then every so often, I would have this very nice, calming dream about a whole bunch of Disney characters on a tug boat. ???
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 01, 2012, 10:00:10 am »

I remember I had this reoccurring nightmare where everything inanimate object in the house would come to life and start marching around to this creepy waltz. It really terrified me and would often start off right where I went to sleep so I would be trying to sleep and then I would start hearing the music, a water bottle shaped shadow would loom, and I would freak out.
It's FEF, not FEOF

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2012, 01:13:52 pm »

Last night's dream:

I was living in a Gravity Falls esque town, and for some reason I found a talking dog in my car. And he was a total jerk. And I suspected he was an alien.
After some shenanigans aliens DID show up, this time to judge humanity, and the dog had by this point morphed into a centaur for no reason. The aliens deemed Earth to be the property of the Centaur race (who were from Earth; the aliens were different), since they had been taking care of an old lady. No, I don't understand the logic either. Anywho, several people objected due to the old lady being absolutely nuts, probably caused by the Centaur's bad job of taking care of her, and that's when the dream ended.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2012, 04:11:30 pm »

Same dream happened again.  I...I feel like a wreck.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2012, 05:05:28 pm »

Huh. Have you or any members of your family or ancestry been cursed or something? You may actually be a werewolf.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

rarborman

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Dungonmaster
    • View Profile
    • dice
« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2012, 05:09:36 pm »

Last night I had a dream I was fighting with my father over nutella jars and my silver neckless he was trying to steal to sell for drugs, I really hate him so I always end up fighting him in my dreams.

I had a dream about playing an indianna jones puzzle game the night before.
"But to that second circle of sad hell, Where ‘mid the gust, the whirlwind, and the flaw Of rain and hail-stones, lovers need not tell Their sorrows. Pale were the sweet lips I saw, Pale were the lips I kiss’d, and fair the form I floated with, about that melancholy storm."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #57 on: September 01, 2012, 05:21:19 pm »

I'd hug you, but my organs are best inside my body, and I don't want to become a werewolf.
Everyone knows Fap Dracula can't become a werewolf.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 01, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »

I'd hug you, but my organs are best inside my body, and I don't want to become a werewolf.
Everyone knows Fap Dracula can't become a werewolf.
I can't remember being fapcula!

where do I bite the- oh god.
...BRAIN BLEACH!!! BRAIN BLEACH!!!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2012, 05:35:55 pm »

I need a drink. A strong one, Any reccomendations?

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 338