Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503791 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4515 on: July 05, 2020, 03:31:44 pm »

Had a dream I was on a cruise ship that was sinking for reasons I didn't catch.  There was only one life boat, which was Chuck Norris's life boat, and nobody else could use it.

I remember my family and I had plans to use Scratch and Grounder from Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog as flotation devices, but while climbing around on the outside of the cruise ship we saw a bunch of life boats out in the water.  Apparently, they found some extras that didn't belong to Chuck Norris, so we were fine.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: July 07, 2020, 09:29:46 am »

Of my dreams last night I don't remember much, but there was one part that I think could make a good premise for a comedy of some kind.   
A teenage boy in high school joins an elective ballroom dancing course (with an attached, inter-school competition at the end!) in the hopes of getting laid. At least, that's his goal to start with - no doubt he discovers a passion for dance (or at least the meaning of friendship or some heartwarming shite) along the way and the dance contest becomes a nail-biting struggle for glory against some other school of budding professional dancers who have been training for their whole school lives for this moment and were not expecting any meaningful competition from this ragtag team of plucky underdogs.

See? That rambly run-on sentence just goes to show, this stuff writes itself. I'm guessing it's probably already been done. At least once.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: July 10, 2020, 04:34:48 am »

Bizarre one that I remember most of because it happened just before I woke up. I remember coming home from work, and along the way I saw several badgers - might have been exceptionally large honey badgers based on coloration but I don't know. They were black with a white stripe going down the back and were the size of an average dog. I know I counted at least 8 in all, appearing individually along the drive.

Then I got home, which was a much different home that where I actually live; the bedrooms and bathroom(s) are upstairs, whereas my house on has an upstairs bed/bath that requires going through another bedroom(not mine, thankfully) to reach. I came upstairs to find my stepdad replaced the entire bathroom, wall and all, with a single shower with no wall facing the hallway. That is, you could see everything. And for some reason the asshole decided on a transparent shower curtain.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: July 10, 2020, 11:00:37 am »

Bizarre one that I remember most of because it happened just before I woke up. I remember coming home from work, and along the way I saw several badgers - might have been exceptionally large honey badgers based on coloration but I don't know. They were black with a white stripe going down the back and were the size of an average dog. I know I counted at least 8 in all, appearing individually along the drive.

Any mushrooms and/or snakes?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: July 10, 2020, 11:27:39 am »

Any mushrooms and/or snakes?
Your quote made me remember this

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: July 17, 2020, 05:08:21 pm »

Last night dreamed I was living in a house with like 8 roommates. Me and a couple others went on a mining expedition to some tropical island and collected some rare mineral samples, meanwhile the rest of the house hired a neighbor to watch the animals (wtf?), I went to pay him, $20 a day for four days, he gave me a hundred and asked for 180 in twenties. I break out our counterfeit bills our roommate makes. They're all still in the 8.5"x11" paper he uses, and instead of $20 notes theyre like pictures of sci-fi ships and shit. And many of them didnt even print clearly. I give the dude a couple sheets because fuck it, I need to go sort this idiot out before we get caught. He's actually my stoner coworker IRL and has been printing "counterfeit" bills while high as a kite, no surprise. I ask himwtf he thinks he's doing, he shows me a sheet of apparently perfect $10 bills. Except there's nothing on the back, it's blank paper. He points out it's actually just really faint, he's trying to make them look more authentic and worn-out by making some of them more faded than others. But only on one side, obviously, and some of them are printed in different colors, because he's a fucking idiot. I look at my wallet. My real notes look real. My stash of counterfeit notes look like monopoly money. I tell him the best way to make them look used is to let them get the shit beat out of them in your wallet, then you can claim you got them from a gas station. Deep down I know we will get caught for this shit. I keep thinking of that time a customer tried to pass off a counterfeit $100 bill to my coworker when I was working at the smoke shop. It was so obviously fake, had blank white paper around the edges and was crispy and brand new.

Anyway, while he's fighting with our tiny roommate who is in the industrial oven she fits inside of because she's like 4'5", who is rearranging it to bake cornbread when he wants to bake more bills, I have to help the kid in the backyard who has pissed off the dog. His cousin has also dressed him up like a pinata by glueing multicolored leaves to him because it's fall suddenly, even though it was july ten minutes ago.

My dreams have been acid trips lately send help.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 05:10:52 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: July 19, 2020, 12:33:06 am »

Not a particularly good story, but I've been lax in writing dreams down lately:

I was back in school with a good friend of mine, and money was a big issue.  Fortunately this reality was similar to The Sims, and he noticed that he could expand our dorm room... a lot.  And then rent the space out to people.
I forget what I was doing, I think I was enmeshed in some semi-romantic drama.  It was somewhat notable for being a dream where I wasn't the main character.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: July 24, 2020, 12:55:50 pm »

It was either last night, or the night before, but my dream consisted of a dream, then trying to write the dream on this thread, but I kept falling asleep and dreaming, and I was trying to write the dream in the Dream Thread, but each time I entered, something changed, extra search bars, icons that weren’t there before, etc. eventually I woke up

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: July 24, 2020, 04:25:01 pm »

It was either last night, or the night before, but my dream consisted of a dream, then trying to write the dream on this thread, but I kept falling asleep and dreaming, and I was trying to write the dream in the Dream Thread, but each time I entered, something changed, extra search bars, icons that weren’t there before, etc. eventually I woke up

Trying to use computers in dreams never goes well for me.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: July 28, 2020, 11:18:49 am »

The dream I had last night I had a dream where I was reading the posts from the Bay12 Communal Worldbuilding game, when someone mentioned the baby phoenix’s eyes are SAGE colored, trying to look up what color sage was didn’t yield any results. I then started walking and found the egg, the beak poking through and making holes.

Last night I dreamed that my mom tried pulling out my teeth because they were sharp and cutting the inside of my mouth.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2020, 09:26:21 am by Naturegirl1999 »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: July 30, 2020, 08:47:13 am »

Design and draw a flail gun. No flares, flails.

That's it, that's the dream. There was some sort of competition, pencils, and graph paper, and you had to draw a gun that shoots flails. Sticks, chains, spikeballs, the whole ordeal, and now I'm trying to figure out how you solve such a physics conundrum. Man-sized trebuchet? Drum magazine? Crossbow, hand crank? Cannon, and damn the stick?

Just add [AMMO:CROSSBOW].

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: July 30, 2020, 08:51:12 am »

They would have to be very small flails

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: August 06, 2020, 06:46:30 am »

Inspired by a long "who would win Star Wars or Star Trek" discussion, I dreamed about leading a mixed force of high-tech humans from various canons against some tyrannid/zerg hybrids.  It was a very strategy-game dream, I think it was represented by self-moving action figures on a motel bed.

I woke up from that a full hour early because I have to be somewhere at 9 (and I fell asleep when I wanted to!)  Once I realized the time though, I fell right back asleep and dreamed I was telling my dad all about the first dream.  We were waiting in a hospital lobby to pick up my gma.  Her assisted living center recently had a Covid outbreak IRL, but in the dream she was just fine and getting discharged.

When my alarm *still* hadn't gone off, I got another little bonus dream where I was trying to find a chicken I'd recently adopted.  I was living up in the mountains again, in a friendly vertical rural town.  There were feral cats *everywhere*, lounging on people's chicken coops, and I got to pet a few.  I was heading down a hill towards the river where the chicken often hung out, but saw a big brown bear walking along the river so I backed off.  It didn't seem to be concerning people though.  A sheriff/park ranger came up the hill and met me, and we laughed about the bear.

Then he said my dad had hinted at an unwanted lodger or something, and asked me if everything was okay.  I remembered that, yeah, I did sorta have a manipulative potentially-criminal boyfriend hiding in my room.  He had been threatening me with some blackmail, but it was just one of his crimes that was barely connected to me.  It was more annoying and sexually disappointing than scary.  I knew I ought to turn him in, but I really wanted to find my chicken first.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: August 06, 2020, 11:21:08 am »

I had a dream about a story I wasn’t part of, where a boy went to the store every day to give one worker plants and another worker blood, eventually the boy found a shapeless black creature with one eye that grew each time it ate something. There were people in suits that captured the store workers and the blob with one eye, apparently the one that asked for plants was a plant creature that made various dyes and shaped itself like a human to blend in better, until the uniformed people came and caught him and the vampire, which was the one asking for blood. When the blob was captured, the boy was trying to convince the uniformed people to release it, seemingly not knowing how dangerous it was. When I woke up, I wondered what game I played, then realized it was a dream.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4529 on: August 08, 2020, 03:44:09 pm »

I had a dream that I was a god amongst gods, and collectively we were shaping creation from nothing. Things were going pretty well until I heard a buzzing in my ear, and was immediately beset by mosquitoes, throwing me into a violent, volcanic rage. I demanded to know who the fuck created these things, and was so furious I woke up, with a mosquito buzzing by my ear.
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 338