Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503885 times)

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4575 on: November 06, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »

One day, my entire class got vouchers from my lecturer (I think) for a Raspberry Pi Model 3. I'm not sure what it was for. I tried to buy a Raspberry Pi from a store, but for some reason I didn't look at the voucher right, and it ended up costing more than expected.

Then the dream ended thanks to my alarm.

If dreams reflect one's true desires, then I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm a massive sucker for small computers, but only within a specific range of "small". Imagine a hierarchy of desktop computer sizes. In descending order, it goes "full-sized tower", "half-tower", "small form factor tower", "gaming Intel NUC", "Deskmini A300", "Standard Intel NUC", "Raspberry Pi in a case", "Those ultra-tiny PCs". My preferred size range is anywhere between "gaming Intel NUC" to "Standard Intel NUC" because they're in the perfect range to be small, yet powerful. To think that my dream seemingly wants me to get a Raspberry Pi is... interesting. What was I supposed to do with it?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4576 on: November 06, 2020, 07:46:04 pm »

Dreamed I had set up an amazing terrarium full of red crabs, half-aquatic and half-terrestial

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: November 07, 2020, 11:32:00 am »

I dreamed I was underneath the floor of a wooden sailing ship, and I was tasked with painting some sort of sticky, clear water-proofing solution from a blue bucket on the bottom and sides of this area, with a weird metal brush thing that was not suited for the task. I was briefly aided by Lance Kinsey, who may or may not have been Lt. Proctor from the Police Academy movies.

I remember having this dream last night or the night before, but refusing to do the task and feeling guilty about having done that in this particular dream.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: November 08, 2020, 07:23:09 am »

The whole dream was some sort of Monty-Python-esque satirical comedy.
There was some bit about being stuck on the back of an out-of-control wagon and negotiating with some very polite, very naive bandit horsemen for help.
Then there was a bit about a nordic-looking dwarf returning from the Hajj, and having gotten lost, he took a while to realize he was home despite being the local lord.

So there he was holding a town hall to fix the county's economy, and the people were being... characters in a satire of questionable quality.  When he mentioned commerce they all started loudly exchanging cigarettes.  As he held his head in his hands, I leaned over to an advisor and asked if this was economic behavior.

Her: "*Laugh*, [reasonable explanation of how it technically is, but they've got it all wrong].  I am an economist actually, PhD"
Me: "Oh, I'm sorry"
Her: "I'm sorry?"  (indicating she didn't hear me)
Me: "Me too!"
Her: *various noises of not taking the "joke" well*

Not particularly proud of this dream, but it always catches my opinion when I remember a bit of literal wordplay.  Even something so weak.  As if it's surprising to hear English in my dreams.  Do I remember these moments because they involve actual words?  This whole dream was about language and, being generous, wordplay.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: November 09, 2020, 07:59:02 am »

I had a dream that I was playing a Dark Souls-like game, and I was playing coop with someone and we were fighting a boss. The boss was an enormous Roomba, about the size of a small merry-go-round, and it was covered in bloody leather and cloth. My partner and I were having to dodge around and do crazy maneuvering as it Roomba'd around, spinning and hoovering things up. All the while I was thinking "This is the best and coolest boss ever!"

I then woke up and immediately thought "Jesus what a stupid boss that was!"

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4580 on: November 09, 2020, 03:43:17 pm »

I don't like having my neck touched, so when the weird speech pathologist lecturing the room went to nibble somewhere behind my ear, I cringed my way back to reality.

Like, I actually physically tensed up and it pulled me out of my sleep. Now I'm awake too early and my neck is tight.
Maybe the event was so stressful that you're now having an out of body experience, and the reason your neck is so tight is because it's still being nibbled
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: November 10, 2020, 02:16:30 am »

All the while I was thinking "This is the best and coolest boss ever!"

I then woke up and immediately thought "Jesus what a stupid boss that was!"
Its weird how in dreams things can seem cool as hell but when you wake up you realize that it was the stupidest shit, why do dreams have to be so weird?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: November 13, 2020, 09:34:46 am »

I dreamed about hugging my family members.  I miss that.  I'm really particular about physical contact, but I liked hugging them.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: November 14, 2020, 02:09:11 pm »

I dreamed about explaining that good and evil were relative and how everyone had their own code, the people and I were in a room with lots of papers and pencils, and I held pencils throughout the explaining, despite not really. Using them. There were probably other dream fragments before it but I don’t know what they were

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: November 18, 2020, 07:08:04 am »

Okay so Breadtube was for some reason heavily subsidized by the fast food industry, to the point that Breadtubers were doing ads for Taco Bell and whatnot instead of Skillshare etc.  But due to the inherent contradiction there some of the ads they did were *extremely* passive aggressive to a hilarious degree.  And yet I was buying a *massive* meal at Taco Bell.  To be fair it was a faux gourmet experience, like in that one movie, with multiple plates and the guacamole was made in front of me.  Also I really enjoy taco bell, it's great value and veggie friendly and I miss the convenience and salt

So then I was doing a reaction video of my own with my platonic roommate Nyanners??  Apparently someone... uh, maybe Pewdiepie, was giving her crap for enjoying too masculine a BK lunch combo, so we did some sort of weird skit about that.  Our camera was being run by that one skinhead neofascist who's always sipping a drink but never actually drinking it - specifically the one that looks like Kane from C&C?  i'm not sure why he was collaborating with us but after we ended the skit on a truly hilarious improv bit I can't remember, he chided me for disappointing his expectations.  Apparently I was supposed to be "one of the good science lads" (meaning like Jangles, not like internet skeptics).  As he left Nyanners and I were laughing at the word "lad".

I wonder if I'm watching enough Youtube
She/they

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: November 18, 2020, 09:42:03 am »

There is never enough YouTube, also do you remember some quotes from the passive aggressive ads? I dreamed I’m was working at a facility that designed security turrets. Someone designed the turrets to look like the Portal turrets and sound like the, I programmed the AI that would run the cameras, the AI also chose to sound like the turrets. All company personnel was on the whitelist which most of the workers called the no threat list, there were a few break ins, so the police thst came had to be white listed so they wouldn’t get shot. I was given a programming task each night I worked there, one night when I was done, I asked one of the human workers what I should do after the task, he told me to “patrol with the turrets or something, I don’t know”, so that’s what I did. I eventually started calling the other employees whitelisted humans and helped the turrets look for threats. Apparently people thought I spent too much time with the turrets because I was starting to talk like them and act like them, of course I would still do the programming tasks. Eventually one of the whitelisted humans yelled at me saying “YOU ARE NOT A TURRET!” Then I woke up, before 4, didn’t look at the time

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: November 20, 2020, 02:09:49 pm »

... speaking of, Naturegirl, what was your opinion on Person of Interest?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4587 on: November 20, 2020, 06:40:46 pm »

It was a triumph
I’m making a note here, huge success
It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 06:42:54 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: November 21, 2020, 02:49:23 pm »

It was a triumph
I’m making a note here, huge success
It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction

:-)
Glad to hear it

"and maybe, this isn't the end at all."

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: November 22, 2020, 03:54:23 am »

Had one of those weird "gay dreams" where you go down on your best friend.
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 338