Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504668 times)

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4680 on: May 03, 2021, 01:35:14 pm »

I had a dream where suddenly I had a girlfriend, who turned out to be a Minecraft bee. Not only that, but she was cursed. The curse caused her to be fairly happy and upbeat most of the time, but if she ever saw or heard about royalty, pizza, or bumblebees (which fortunately were a different type of bee from her in the dream) the curse would activate, causing her intense physical and mental torture.

Later that same dream, while we were having a fun day at the mall, we were approached by a certain pony princess, whose presence caused my new girlfriend's curse to activate and send her into a semi-aware trance of pain and agony. Thinking quickly and not-so-clearly, I responded by beating up said princess until she was no longer in our presence. Then, in a moment of clarity, I grabbed my still-recovering girlfriend, said we needed to go NOW, and ran for it. The rest of the dream mainly consisted of a car chase in which we got shot at a bunch by said princess' honor guard. We managed to get away and make it home safe, fortunately.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4681 on: May 04, 2021, 07:04:54 am »

I had a dream where suddenly I had a girlfriend, who turned out to be a Minecraft bee.

?
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4682 on: May 05, 2021, 02:28:23 am »

I had a dream where suddenly I had a girlfriend, who turned out to be a Minecraft bee.

?
Dreams be like that sometimes, one minute your with a girlfriend then suddenly everything is bees.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4683 on: May 05, 2021, 04:27:03 pm »

Dreams do be like that.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4684 on: May 12, 2021, 07:53:25 pm »

I've had some pretty gruesome ones lately considering my dad's foot situation, but I just remembered one I didn't write down.  I was too busy that morning, but a little stuck with me.

We were hiking, like when I was young.  But more like bounding along.  There were steep cliffs everywhere, like there always had been in reality, but I wasn't afraid.

Well, yeah, I bounded a little too far.  I realized my mistake too late and skidded along the dusty dirt, towards a very specific cliff-face we once *scaled*, and I then I was hanging on for dear life.  Unlike most of my dreams this felt entirely real, and I was very afraid.  I was sliding.  I caught his hand, fingers straining.  I tried to calm down, no long slipping farther, but my other hand couldn't find enough purchase in the dirt to make any progress up.  He was talking but I couldn't hear, it sounded like the obvious things.

We were stuck like that, and I was so afraid to fall.  I didn't dare readjust my grip, and even if I had, what then?  Risk pulling him down too?  Or what, stay like this until help arrived?

I honestly don't remember how/if it concluded just that I was breathing heavily when I woke up, annoying early.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2021, 07:55:00 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4685 on: May 12, 2021, 09:07:45 pm »

Someone ELSE had a dream about our little group of discord DnD miscreants.

They'd never actually seen any of us before, so their dream just pasted things in. These included me as a Hippie Bus Driver, A giant grasshopper, Young Neville Longbottom, Emo Spider Man, and "The biological child of Ron Jeremy and Jack Nicholson". The last person was simply a formless voice from the back of the bus.

I drove them all to work on a greyhound bus and that was the dream.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Looking at tall buildings and feeling small
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4686 on: May 13, 2021, 03:58:26 pm »

I was trying to recall and record my dream as I often do, then it was like an interruption. I imagined an extraterrestrial woman, skinny, with big dark pupils, sagging grey skin, and long brown hair in a bun, standing beside the right side of my bed which I sleep closest to. It was a positive association I felt with this person. Then my dream recollection moved forward with the rest of the more typical abstract parts of my dream, and it felt like a strain remember anything else about the hiccup.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4687 on: May 23, 2021, 09:48:30 am »

Had a really frikking vivid dream.

I am at this guys house and I am shit drunk and basically puking everywhere and I have no idea where I am.
And I do something embarrassing but now I have trouble recalling what exactly went on in the dream.

Then came the second dream in which I am driving a car and the brakes stop working.
Pedal for the brake feels like a sponge, the vehicle is moving at ludicrous speeds and I cannot stop it.
I cry and yell and no matter how much I mash it with my feet it just does not do anything to even marginally affect the car speed.

The car does not care about my intentions, it does not care about my life, it just rushes on forward.
I take corners at extreme speeds, wheels make those weird cornering squeaky sounds and everything in the car is flying.

Then finally comes a corner that I do not handle, I spin 180° degrees and hit a wall with the rear of my car.
I am extremely angry that my new shiny car is wrecked and I wish that this was a dream, I tell to myself if I close my eyes hard enough this will all be just one of those crazy anxious dreams.

And thank god it was. My eyes are closed IRL and I now feel I am still in my bed and this must be in fact a dream.
I now slip back into something between lucid dream and a consciousness. But not enough control to be really a lucid dream.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4688 on: May 25, 2021, 10:19:31 pm »

I disassembled a laptop, and I removed a CPU. It looked like no CPU I've ever seen; on the heatsink, there was this white ceramic package chip (Intel 4004?), as well as an LCD for whatever reason. Also, its model number was "i7-7100". No CPU by that exact name exists, but the i3-7100 does exist.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4689 on: May 25, 2021, 11:07:56 pm »

Dreamed I was at my mom's house, letting the cats in. She only had two, and after one died I had a few series of dreams where there were new cats all over the place, to the point I couldn't keep track of them all.

Well, had that same dream last night, except this time I let a cat in and it had a....weird face. Not ugly, just strange. Then as I was petting it and fussing around with yet more cats, it suddenly morphed into like a cockatoo cat, complete with the head feather and beak. Very odd. I'm definitely not a bird person.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4690 on: May 27, 2021, 11:51:46 am »

Dreamt I this morn' ?
Verily, I do recall the dream,
Not at all.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4691 on: May 28, 2021, 01:03:45 pm »

I had a weird dream about a trip to some tropical island almost entirely dominated by a huge natural park covering all its rainforests, and my family went there on vacation. There was some gang violence going down we were caught up in at the hotel and again at a museum/zoo. There were these tiny humanoids recently confirmed to be living there, very short and wide in stature, with very short arms and legs, covered in fur. Everyone wanted to see one. But we never got out of the museum.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4692 on: May 28, 2021, 10:56:23 pm »

My previous housemate was giving me shit for not visiting my sick dad more.  Over and over and over and I

He turned away from me, and I charged into him, knocking his frail frame to the floor.  And as I stood over him, full of rage and knowing I'd done wrong-

Another person in our friend group grappled me before I could do more wrong. She tackled me against my dad's tech, and I stared her in the face and warned her not to damage his technology.

And she stared me dead on and

I woke up.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4693 on: May 28, 2021, 11:19:22 pm »

My previous housemate was giving me shit for not visiting my sick dad more.  Over and over and over and I

He turned away from me, and I charged into him, knocking his frail frame to the floor.  And as I stood over him, full of rage and knowing I'd done wrong-

Another person in our friend group grappled me before I could do more wrong. She tackled me against my dad's tech, and I stared her in the face and warned her not to damage his technology.

And she stared me dead on and

I woke up.

They say you dream in metaphors but i have no idea what that could mean

Go visit your dad
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4694 on: May 28, 2021, 11:31:16 pm »

I was doing dream things, and I suddenly realized that I was stuck in a dream, so I had to essentially wiggle my actual body into waking up. I think there were a couple of false wakeups too, as if the panic of realizing I'm stuck wasn't enough. At least I woke up (I hope), so it worked this time.
Pages: 1 ... 311 312 [313] 314 315 ... 338