Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504899 times)

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4695 on: May 29, 2021, 01:19:55 pm »

I was doing dream things, and I suddenly realized that I was stuck in a dream, so I had to essentially wiggle my actual body into waking up. I think there were a couple of false wakeups too, as if the panic of realizing I'm stuck wasn't enough. At least I woke up (I hope), so it worked this time.

Sorry to bring you the news, but you are still dreaming pal.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: May 29, 2021, 02:58:30 pm »

I was doing dream things, and I suddenly realized that I was stuck in a dream, so I had to essentially wiggle my actual body into waking up. I think there were a couple of false wakeups too, as if the panic of realizing I'm stuck wasn't enough. At least I woke up (I hope), so it worked this time.

Sorry to bring you the news, but you are still dreaming pal.

Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: May 29, 2021, 03:19:31 pm »

I've starting doing this more and more over the years (remembering while in a nightmare or otherwise unpleasant dream that you can force yourself out by trying to move). It can be a very jarring way of waking up, though; you might get a few seconds of full consciousness where you're nonetheless still totally paralyzed. That said, for me it beats a miserable half-conscious delirium.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: May 29, 2021, 05:39:11 pm »

I often realize I'm in an unpleasant dream, but decide to remain asleep because I have insomnia and probably won't be able to fall back asleep after. Instead, I try to control the dream, but get distracted and forget, usually resulting in a dream where I'm walking down my childhood street. The houses aren't the correct ones from my memory, partly owing to the fact that I know some of them have been torn down and remodeled since. At least it's not unpleasant, but it's pretty monotonous to spend the rest of a dream passing endless procedurally generated houses.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 05:41:22 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: June 07, 2021, 02:14:10 pm »

Had a dream I was in a mountain filled with tunnels and rail tracks. I set off a tripwire (rigged to some shotguns and stuff like in Fallout 3) in an area with some chests, and an explosion went off and the mountain started to slowly fill with !!magma!!. I had dual grappling hooks to slowly drag me along, since my legs weren't working that well for some reason. I kept running into dead ends with more magma pouring out of the cracks and having to backtrack. I eventually made it to a coal powered flatbed train car and got out.

Shortly after, I somehow ended up back in the mountain in the same predicament, because that's how dreams do. Ended up finding a Breath of the Wild shrine buried under some loose dirt, which led to another escape passage. Was making my way through it when I woke up.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 02:16:33 pm by Bumber »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: June 07, 2021, 04:21:44 pm »

Yeah, that sucks. It can be because you're waking up slightly before your body stops being paralyzed from REM sleep.  Talk about body horror.  It might be your meds.

On an equally bad scale is when I try to turn off the alarm, but it doesn't work.  I keep hitting the snooze, I unplug it, I turn it off. 
Then I figure out that I need to wake up in order to affect the alarm.  I do, and there it is making all that noise.

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: June 07, 2021, 06:50:50 pm »

Not a recent dream, but I had a dream I was in a Rockstar game engine, riding around on a motorcycle, looking at neon lights and sewer systems, roads, signs.  I pulled into a sewer system (don't know how I did it), somehow ended up swimming.  There was a tunnel that went up, next to another tunnel that went up.  Reminded me a lot of Dwarf Fortress because, due to unscrupulous amounts of time contemplating city design because of EA games (hah), ordinary city planners never make pipes like that.

Eventually landed on an underground beach connected to the sewer system where I could lay down with my legs out to the sands, the shore, which was narrow, and I did receive quite the job, so to speak.

Woke up and admired the bloom.

That was probably 2019.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: June 08, 2021, 04:33:23 am »

On an equally bad scale is when I try to turn off the alarm, but it doesn't work.  I keep hitting the snooze, I unplug it, I turn it off. 
Then I figure out that I need to wake up in order to affect the alarm.  I do, and there it is making all that noise.
I've had dreams like that, pulled the battery out of the phone and it kept going off, then threw it out the door into the front yard and it kept going off, then I started freaking out because I kept hearing the ringing as if the phone was still next to me even though it wasn't.    Fun times.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: June 08, 2021, 10:21:21 am »

Must have been hella tired last night because my dreams were weird and intense.

Shortly before waking up, I dreamt I was crawling through a human-sized replica of the human body. So like I was crawling through waxy, rubbery tubes like ear canals, etc...all while someone is talking. I started getting claustrophobic at one point when I thought I was in the ear canal and ran into a wall of rubbery stuff that was clearly the only thing separating me from the outside.

Then I woke up!
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: June 16, 2021, 05:19:34 am »

So imagine a personality like Emperor Cusco as a rogue in a pseudo Dragon apocalypse setting with hint of asian influence.

Imagine he’s getting bullied by some soldiers.  they shove him onto a corpse.
He rips out a dragon egg and they all side up and prepare to fight/enslave the baby dragon.

Cusco used necromancy to raise 2 charred skeletons because, of course.

Dragon is born, wisecracks a little like mushu.  gets a conk on your the head.

then the dragon fights the skeletons.  and then hypnotizes the soldiers.  Uses snake hypnosis from disney movies.  they surround cusco, who the dragon tries to beguile.

cucso, now a little llama/rabbit, asks for 7 gold coins to buy supplies to help the dragon escape the city.  The newborn dragon says no, but here a 7 drams of snow, and that will be all the supplies they need to leave the city safely together and live in the countryside.

Cusco sputters a little and then asks the dragon if he’s telling the truth.  the dragon responds that dragons are bound by their word. cusco asks of he’s telling the 100% irrefutable truth and will act to take his best interest at heart.  Dragon says yes, cusco says ‘booyah’ and puffs back into a rogue, and apparently saves the soldiers while gaining a dragon slave.

🤔🤔 i mean…… not the worst dream?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: June 18, 2021, 04:49:38 pm »

Was this character who started off in a forest. Made my way to this big fuck-off building, and inside was a laboratory with science stuff in it.

I went into the first sub-room, and there was a bedridden elderly scientist who told me that I had to complete his life's work by carrying this large bottle of something to the end of the building. So I did. Carried this mysterious bottle through the building, got anxious when other people showed up, but otherwise wasn't interrupted. For some reason, it looked like a university campus as I got further along. Went through multiple generations of people; the people there got younger as I got deeper into the building.

Eventually, I got to the final stage of labs, and it looked about the same as the first lab. Had to find the thing that would accept my big bottle of fluid, which was just this machine. Poured its contents into said machine, it gave me some item that looked valuable but I don't remember now what it is.

I did some idling, going back to the elderly scientist who told me that I could keep it for myself. Then I decided to restart the scenario for some reason, but I didn't finish that playthrough.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: June 18, 2021, 05:22:01 pm »

So imagine a personality like Emperor Cusco as a rogue in a pseudo Dragon apocalypse setting with hint of asian influence.

This describes the outcome of most medieval strategy games I play.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: June 20, 2021, 02:34:19 am »

fucking death game jeopardy with zombie alex trebek hosting, most of the gigantic underground stadium filled with rich players, but also a great number of "free seats", i.e. kidnapped poor people forced to play and primarily called on to answer first. Woke up before perspective character free seat victim was called, but up till that point no one had actually answered correctly and about a dozen kidnap victims had been brutally murdered while rich folks laughed. Last question prior was trying to identify the tune played by some kind of Asterix and Obelix music playing toy, weird stuff.

goddamn dream brain, it's been a while since you pulled this shit
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4708 on: June 22, 2021, 06:44:35 am »

Dreamed some kid was about to get chomped by an alligator so I ran down to grab em. The kid however was oblivious and so the only way I could save them after they fell back towards the alligator was by jamming my arm down its throat. So far down its jaw the alligator couldn't get any proper force on my arm, which then got a bit awkward as if I pulled my arm back he'd be able to snap it like a twig. So the alligator and I made awkward eye contact for a long while before the dream ended as I could not resolve this nor the alligator

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: July 16, 2021, 03:48:43 am »

A mix of Enslaved: Odyssey To The West, modded Minecraft, and a late-night call from my dad.
It was several very intense vignettes since I stayed up till 6AM, woo.  Odyssey To The West is pretty great though, I recommend it.

Mostly, zeppelins.  My dreams always take something and twist it a little, and I guess when I saw Odyssey to the West's junkworld aesthetic, my subconscious saw zeppelins.  Also, to be fair, the weightless climbing mechanic (think Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed) and the theme of climbing in general - Yes, the dreams were about being perched up high.

Oh!  I was with friends and family on a zeppelin, and we somehow crawled up to the top!  Despite the gondola being fairly spacious, the fabric of the top had low pressure and we sank deep in it.  Conversely, the engine had us shooting forward at a frightening pace.  I was doing my best to hold tight to handfuls of zeppelin fabric, my friends and I laughing with excitement as the ground careened beneath us.  heh, very much inspired by the game.  That part of the dream was scary, but overall nice!

The last part, Minecraft-inspired, was about filling the sky with "zeppelins" which were each self-sufficient floating arcologies that produced resources.  Hm!  That's actually an Oddysey theme too, but also a certain Minecraft mod I'd been pondering (Environmental Tech).

Can't really talk about the middle part, it sucked.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 338