Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504877 times)

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4770 on: January 17, 2022, 05:47:14 am »

I was somewhere. A home, I think? I guess it was my home, just really warped, since no rooms made any sense. I was in the kitchen, though it didn't even looked like it anymore. It was more like a dorm. Kitchen was stretched really far in every horizontal angle, and there were alot of beds in it, and the hallway was just bent. I can't explain how, but it was visually slanted in an unexplainable angle. I never went in there, seeing it made me scared for some reason. At the right side of the room, there was a doorless entrance where a window that looked at the backyard should be, opening to a very tiny balcony. I got on the balcony and saw that the our hazelnut tree was warped also. It just absolutely ginormous. Covering my entire vision.

A realisation hit me. There was no sound. No wind, cars, people, footsteps, nothing.

I tried to stomp. I had no feet. No legs. I tried reaching out to the far distance, but I had no hands, neither human or cube. ''Is this real?'' I asked, and everything suddenly got brighter with an annoying, reverbed ping. For a moment there was only white. I slowly woke up, and my vision returned.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: January 21, 2022, 08:47:30 am »

Me and my friend tried to sell meth to somebody.
They shot my friend in the leg and dragged him off to somewhere meanwhile I received a beating.

They said the meth was very sub-par and basically dog shit so it was an insult.
They left me free but did not want to say where the body of my friend is, yes body.

I was so traumatized I frantically kept calling his phone in disbelief, hoping it was not true that he died.
I kept looking at this Facebook page seeing if any of his relatives were missing him and searching for him.

I kept stalking his social profiles, hoping for him to post something to prove he was alive.
Eventually I had to come to terms with crushing fact that he really is not answering my phone at all.

I rode a horse in wilderness and the horse stood up on its rear legs and threw me off.
I was left stranded in a forest. I climbed a hill and there was a church.

I could get inside and see they were having an open casket funeral of my friend.
Then I woke up, friend still alive. I guess my brain took some inspiration from Breaking Bad lol.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: January 23, 2022, 09:29:19 am »

Oh and todays was dream was violent again.

I drowned my car in a lake and some people offered to help me.
Next thing I see is a lot of blood and body parts floating around the car as I stand on the shore.
Alligator has apparently attacked the people who tried to get my car out of the water.
I saw some man carrying their blood soaked friend out of the water crying and desperate as a trail of blood followed them.

The time has somehow progressed and I was called a coward by a bunch of people, probably relatives of the deceased, for not helping.
I wonder what is causing this change in theme of my dreams. I never had such brutal scenery.
And top of that I was more concerned about my car being gone. Now I wonder if that makes me a bad person.

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: January 25, 2022, 05:02:22 am »

...snip... Now I wonder if that makes me a bad person.
Only in your bad dreams, don't let it bother you.
FPS in Gravearmor (850+ dwarves) is 3-6 (v0.47.05 lives on).
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: January 25, 2022, 05:48:14 pm »

I dreamt that I was part of a criminal investigation and we could only make progress in the case using psychic rituals, for which I needed to get totally stoned out on some manner of drug. The only ones we had available that would work were meth and cochise. I decided I didn't want to be awake for three days straight so I snorted some powdered meth. This accomplished nothing.

I then decided I needed to destroy all of these drugs, even though presumably they were from our own evidence locker. So I took them home and tossed them in the fire pit and burned the whole container.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: January 25, 2022, 11:57:54 pm »

...snip... Now I wonder if that makes me a bad person.
Only in your bad dreams, don't let it bother you.
My mind often puts me in the position of a bad person, and helps me learn from that.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: January 26, 2022, 04:18:56 pm »

Had an exceptionally vivid dream last night.

I was at home and there was a party. Except it wasn't my home. And I *knew* it wasn't my home. I live in a 2.5 room apartment, not much to it. But in the dream, it was multi-storied. Furnished with nice, classy looking stuff. One downstairs section vaguely was like my apartment, but not the rest. There were many people there I didn't recognize but a whole heap of people from RL as well. And I kept going around to people saying "This isn't my home. There's no way this is my home. This can't be my home." And everyone just seemed to be like ...."Ok, well, anyways...."

It was the oddest sensation. I feel like I was on the cusp of a lucid dream. I was 90% of the way there, realizing that where I was wasn't real. For some reason though I didn't breakthrough to a lucid dream. I suspect that if I had, I would have woken up.

It was so tantalizingly close but it slipped through my fingers, and my dream self eventually just went "Ok I guess this is my home."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: January 26, 2022, 08:40:22 pm »

I dreamt that I was part of a criminal investigation and we could only make progress in the case using psychic rituals, for which I needed to get totally stoned out on some manner of drug. The only ones we had available that would work were meth and cochise. I decided I didn't want to be awake for three days straight so I snorted some powdered meth. This accomplished nothing.

I then decided I needed to destroy all of these drugs, even though presumably they were from our own evidence locker. So I took them home and tossed them in the fire pit and burned the whole container.
This reads like a "A Scanner Darkly" character (Phillip K. Dick).  :p
How did I manage to successfully apply the lessons of The Screwtape Letters to my perceptions of big grocery stores?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: January 27, 2022, 02:15:42 am »

And I kept going around to people saying "This isn't my home. There's no way this is my home. This can't be my home."
You may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful house....
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4779 on: January 28, 2022, 10:32:16 am »

And I kept going around to people saying "This isn't my home. There's no way this is my home. This can't be my home."
You may tell yourself, this is not my beautiful house....
And you may ask yourself, how did I get here?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: February 16, 2022, 10:00:45 pm »

I love writing down a dream and then reading it hours later once the veil of sleep is fully passed, and seeing just how obvious all the metaphors are.  Like, I can often interpret them even as I write them down, but I find it goes better if I avoid doing so until it's all recorded.  Minimizes the bias of my conscious mind on the story my unconscious was telling.

Usually this is just recognizing the media or events from my waking life which inspired the dream.  I've been reading a lot recently, particularly a text-web-serial about superheroes, and it's given me at least two dreams.  I tend to avoid the genre so it's different, in a fun way.

The first words I wrote in the dream journal were "I think I was a lesbian, unusually".  :laugh:

Inspirations: A pleasant if nostalgic solitary valentines, a story about a teenager with superpowers called Worm [TW:lots of body horror, themes of offscreen sexual violence, many spiders and other insects], and ever-present family and face stuff.

Result, looong dream short: We were high school supervillains who held hands but drifted apart.  Meeting again (under gruesome circumstances I won't be sharing) we became bitter rivals because we reminded each other of high school.  We both got burned, literally, scarring our faces.  We declared a truce and also got engaged.  A conservative cop cousin of mine gave us a ride to the wedding despite disapproving of our relationship... because of our villainy, and specifically not the expected reason.

This is probably a mess, but I'm glad I wrote it down because I'm mostly into males and I so rarely dream male or female.  I sorta forgot how nice it was to date girls asexually.

PS: As the dream was finishing up, a creeping horror started to consume the building (?) as we drove off.  Fortunately I had signaled a local ork tribe to attack, and the two threats canceled each other.  I think the deep analysis of that is that it undercut my cop cousin and that was very funny to me.

Also forests were a big theme?  And wind?  Those were my powers instead of bugs, whereas my gal-pal wielded technology and fire.  A natural combination <3

PPS: At one point a mad scientist was giving me a ride in his glider.  My seat was facing backwards and he was dodging through a thick forest.  It should have been terrifying but it was incredible.  he was still a jerk
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 10:08:08 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4781 on: February 17, 2022, 06:34:26 am »

Yesterday I dreamed I was riding a camel through the desert, plucking a single-stringed instrument. The song I was playing was from the DOOM OST, but it sounded much more peaceful on the strings.

The next day I had four dreams. In one I had wings and could fly, though I spent most of the dream not flying. The one time I did fly, I ascended beyond the walls of this building, only to find there was nothing beyond the building - just a sheer cliff going down to a coast below, with ocean stretching on forever. There was someone climbing up the cliff; they slipped and fell, but were fine because they had a rope harness anchoring them to the cliff. I flew down to help them with the aid of peoples above.

The second dream people were coming after me because of my wings. I told them I did not have any, and they believed me, until one of them figured it out. I flew away angrily.

The third dream was a panic inducing dinner with the family. Deeply unpleasant. Didn't have wings either.

The fourth dream was spent searching for my friends in an abandoned underground building, full of millions of dusty old books. The light level was very low though, and I had only a flame-guarded lantern to aid me.

It has been a hell of a long time since I've had sleep good enough to dream with. That I've had so many in just the last two days is pure happiness to me. I've lived with two smokers for the last year and their constant nightly phlegm clearing exercises have ensured I have never had more than 3 hours a sleep a night, every night. Last night I went to sleep at 10:00 and woke up at 8:00. Tonight I will try for sleeping at 9:00 and waking up at 9:00. I have found it, at last

*EDIT
22/02/2022
Dreamed I was crossing the silver bridge, but the river Thames was far, far higher. It was so high that periodically waves would sweep over the bridge itself, though the bridge was still high high enough that you'd only soak your feet. Few dared to brave the bridge but I had no other way across, so I kept going with a small handful of other peoples. There seemed to be an insane tidal variation where the river would go from being nearly high enough to topple the bridge to being low enough that you could walk on the river banks. There we encountered the next problem - the bridge no longer crossed to the end of the river embankments. It stopped just 25 metres short of the end, where it had collaped vertically.

There was still a ladder on the embankment side, so you could climb down, run across and climb up, but you'd have to do it before you got swept away by the unstable tide. The first to go was some tall lanky blond dude, who we all cheered as he made it across with celerity. He was fortunate too, in that the tide was twice low, meaning he had no danger to himself. By the time the tide went high, he had already cleared the ladder up.

The second person had an even easier time, because people on the other side of the embankment started laying weighted mats to help give us more footing on the mud and shale leading to the ladder. I was the third, climbing down in a hurry, making my way across the mud just as one of the high waves started crashing over the river banks. I was almost at the top with the wave at my back, when the first and second person managed to grab my hands and pull me the rest of the way. I then joined them in making it easier for the rest to cross
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 05:13:00 am by Loud Whispers »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: February 25, 2022, 04:51:41 pm »

This one was a mess. I assume it was actually multiple dreams merged into one, like it's so fucking confusing. When I woke up from this one, I asked "What does this even mean?" to myself. I have no idea.

I was at... somewhere at first, it was more like a place I had been some long time ago.

It was like a city, but only as an endless labyrinth of backways and one story houses without doors and windows, some painted in a nostalgic, somber pale pink, others were all rectangles of bare concrete.

I wandered around this place for some time. But then it instantly cut to me falling from a height. I wasn't afraid for some reason. It cut off again, and then I was on a concrete flat in pitch black.

As I was thinking "well, this is a bit eerie", distant wailings started to echo from the unseen horizon, and I instantly knew where they came from then and there. Large, disfigured, shadowy humanoid beings which moved on uneven limbs. Their outlines became clear as they approached. They emerged from the shadows with their wicked sneers and lunged at me. I wanted to move, but I couldn't. And yet, the creatures couldn't catch me. Something pulled me back everytime the creatures reached out, just out of their reach. At last, I was pulled inside a void, and I felt the cut pulling me somewhere else entirely.

It cut to me being in a dimly lit kitchen, on a counter. And Tubbo was there, in pjamas, looking very sleepy, using a kettle at the other side of the room. It was his kitchen, I recognised.

I was apparently rather small this time too, since I was able to be on a counter just fine, more like a living box thing or such. Or maybe I was just Magmacube. I am not sure.

He didn't talked to me, or seemed to acknowledge me at all at first. Which made me a bit sad. He was maybe too sleepy to notice, I though to myself.

But my inner brat awakened at this time also, filling me with macabre glee. Gone was my fear of the beasts, initial confusion and sadness at not being seen by the internet celebrity. I could scare the soul and spirit out of this unsuspecting young Englishman. Or at least meet him.

As he was pouring the hot water to make some drink, I made my move, descending from the counter and onto the laminate floor, quickly making my way towards him. I stopped right under his feet, then gently headbutted him on his ankle. Then I looked up and smiled.

He looked down, and stared right at me, wide-eyed and frozen in shock. I said hi. He let out a yelp, backing off. I smiled wider, and he backed away even more panicked. I came closer and opened my mouth to speak, but he screamed at me and suddenly kicked me away. I flew across the room and crashed into a window, returning into the void for another cut.

But it never came. At his point the dream was wearing off, and the last thing I had in mind before I woke up was, "I could've taken a signed paper from him. Man, I am dumb".
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4783 on: February 27, 2022, 11:22:56 am »

I dreamed I was hastily shaving my face with my straight razor but for some damn reason kept clumsily sweeping the blade parallel to the cutting edge and not perpendicular. The result of course was that I cut my face repeatedly, leaving many many shallow red marks that hurt like hell. The next thing I knew I was at my local pub, where someone asked me how I got all those scars - because I looked like I'd spent a lifetime bathing in shrapnel from a Glaswegian bar. I told them I was just really shit at shaving and they laughed, thinking I was joking. I woke up and was glad to find my face unnicked

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: February 27, 2022, 04:08:41 pm »

I dreamed I was hastily shaving my face with my straight razor but for some damn reason kept clumsily sweeping the blade parallel to the cutting edge and not perpendicular. The result of course was that I cut my face repeatedly, leaving many many shallow red marks that hurt like hell. The next thing I knew I was at my local pub, where someone asked me how I got all those scars - because I looked like I'd spent a lifetime bathing in shrapnel from a Glaswegian bar. I told them I was just really shit at shaving and they laughed, thinking I was joking. I woke up and was glad to find my face unnicked

Oh god. This sounds like one hell of a nightmare. I hate when I cut myself with the razor.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 338