Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503782 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4815 on: May 26, 2022, 02:54:38 pm »

Dreamt last night that I quit my job and was preparing to go work for the CIA.

Not sure if I qualify that as a nightmare but I was happy to wake up from it.
Get your classified dossier, handcuffs and suit and tie

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: May 29, 2022, 01:58:11 pm »

Do you know what really grinds my gears? Fever dreams.

I spent the whole last night dreaming about building cubes close together, sometimes very large numbers of cubes in squares, but also cubes in lines or individually.

Since I had a big headache/was extremely hot pretty much the entire time this was actually quite a bad dream, and even after I kept waking up to drink water or whatever the Cubes kept returning.

I knew there was some important context behind the Cubes and building them properly, but I never actually knew what it was.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2022, 02:01:48 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: May 29, 2022, 02:28:19 pm »

That's very relatable.  I always get that sort of dream when I have a fever.  Usually I get the feeling that if I just solve/optimize whatever puzzle, I'll be rewarded with actual rest.  I keep half-waking, delirious and tossing/turning, then falling back asleep until it's morning and I'm still dead tired.

I guess my body is burning out the bad stuff via fever, but it takes a mental toll.

Anyway I dreamed I was in a superpower-setting and I got the ability to heal people by absorbing their wounds into myself as a mild full-spectrum malaise.  Useful, and I'm tough, but obviously that's a bit rough.  What's more, teams were sending me offers as if they were doing me a favor.  Not rude but like... healing was a rare ability, I felt underappreciated.  Particularly with the cost.
My form was also too feminine, to be honest.

Followed up with me "waking up" back at my dad's house and things being awkward and surreal because yeah, I've been a bit sick.  Especially confusing when I woke up for real at my mom's house.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: June 05, 2022, 07:57:37 am »

First I was getting a tour of the US Mint in DC from Obama (during the Trump years).  The facility was somewhat self-repairing, but via a massively tall forge assembly suspended over the main apparatus (think Aperture Science not nanobots).  Eventually the tour finished for the night and our tour group went to sleep in the hallway.  I made some mashed potatos in the water fountain but the handle broke so I couldn't turn it off.

When I woke up I was in a cult in a convenience store in some small town and I couldn't find my pants.  I wasn't really onboard but I knew it was a dream so I played along.  We got led to a bare mountainside where we were supposed to start farming and stuff.  Government planes flew overhead and bombed us a little before releasing paratroopers.  The troopers were zombie soldiers, like wights.  I think I managed to escape by ignoring a few bullet wounds with dream-control.

I was playing some immersive tactics JRPG, but then I was playing as the bad guys.  Some sort of anime doomsday cult again (huh, theme?).  The game started feeling too meta and real, and I got the fever-feeling that I needed to "win" in order to sleep peacefully.  Edit:  I woke up for real here but it was like 5AM so I drank some water and went back to sleep.

I was playing a much nicer JRPG alongside my brother and his discord friends who were playing other games.  We were chatting about the characters, which were cool and which were annoying, and having a great time.  One of his friends noticed that Kill James Bond had a scheduled update, which was important because (in my dream) my brother and his crew ran a live-reaction podcast for each KJB update.

That seemed kinda weird and I woke up, feeling much recharged.  I've been staying up too late lately chatting with west-coast friends.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 07:59:26 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: June 06, 2022, 08:54:41 am »

I dreamed that I had found a glitch in reality. If I lifted a very light object tied to a plank -that is connected to both of my shoes- with a rope, then the force exerted would allow me to fling myself to whatever direction I pushed the object to. I could fly like this by just pushing the thing forward repeteadly. Kinda like prop surfing in Gmod, but you can't keep yourself in place.

And in a once-in-a-blue-moon occasion, I was myself in this dream.

I jumped to take flight from on top of a very long set of stairs near my home. Then started to fly around the city, until it suddenly got dark. I looked up to see a concrete ceiling up ahead, all over the whole city. So I did what a reasonable person would do, and tried touching it. But as soon as I took one hand off the object, I lost balance and swerved to the right, and hit the ground in an enclosed space between buildings, bordered by wooden walls. I took flight again but did it wrong, somehow. I hit a wooden wall, breaking through it and onto a busy street filled with very fast cars. One car tried to stop to not crush me, but then the others behind just drove onto it, forming a pile of damaged cars that grew by the second. I tried flying again, but in the ensuing chaos and the sounds of glass shattering, I lifted way too hard and hit the concrete ceiling which made me almost pass out. I felt my body plummeting back onto the ground afterwards.

I woke up after that.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4820 on: June 07, 2022, 01:26:09 am »

I was walking around sunny London, meeting good friends one after the other. It would have been a fairly pleasant and plain dream, were it not for this strange air of bittersweet finality hanging over everything. I frequented this bar tucked away in a foreboding alleyway many times in the dream, though I did not drink, nor even did many others. There was this dreadful feeling we all shared that this was the last time we could meet like this, and the barman and barmaid danced wildly from table to table kicking glasses everywhere as random patrons began looting the best and most expensive drinks. When I returned the next day I found the alleyway was a burnt mess, and everyone, even myself were dressed smartly. For some reason I was dressed all in black, and one of my friends walked almost past me without even looking at me. I stopped him and hugged him as hard as I could, and he returned to hug me. He was walking off to have dinner with his family and then a close friend, he said he would be moving homes out of town and he'd have to have a dinner with me before he left, but for some reason I knew that would never happen. I leaned by a pillar of St. Pauls and began to cry, watching my friend walk away from the square. The sun was warm even in the shade, and I tried to smile and be glad for him. I did not know why I was so heartbroken until I woke up and remembered he was dead

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: June 07, 2022, 02:00:34 pm »

Weird fucking dream + Eerie coincidence in the forums!

I'm sitting in my car in the neighborhood I grew up in, just a few houses down from my mom's house.

I'm camped out by my neighbor's mailbox, with the intent to steal their mail. I don't know why. It's all very cloak and dagger though. I'm watching the windows on their house with drawn blinds, looking for my moment to make my move. I see people behind the blinds peeking out, and then some teenagers exit the house and walk by my car and I decide now's not the right time.

I drive toward another house in my neighborhood, just up the street from my mom's house. As I drive by my mom's house I notice two police cruisers in her driveway. Without going into the specifics of why, I pass by this oddity and continue on.

I end up at a house where there are many people sitting in the living room watching TV. It has a vaguely commune feel to it (despite being in your average middle class American suburb.) The focal point of this gathering is a woman, a nerdy looking brown-haired woman with glasses. It's obvious she's the queen bee of this little group. Without particularly knowing why, I start getting "cult" vibes off this place and these people. The woman interacts with me and it's clear she uh, wants me to hang out. (I recall her licking the side of my face in my dream, the kind of shit weirdo serial killers do.)

Unnerved even more, I look to one of the couches and see a man sitting there who is sprouting mushrooms. Like, literally turning into a mushroom man. Unease becomes alarm and I realize I need to get the fuck out of there.

I fumble around gathering my belongings trying to look casual, like I'm not just about to straight up flee the scene. I leave without issue, and in the lawn and the surrounding houses I notice other people, armed with AR-15s stalking around the property looking very serious. In my dream brain I know they're clued into what's going on as well and are planning to put a stop to whatever it is. At this point I consider driving back to my mom's house and alerting the cops there that, not only is there a weird mushroom cult just up the street, but there's potential violence about to erupt as well. Then I wake up.

And a few hours later, in real life, this gets posted in Bay12.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S266729602030015X#

What are the fucking odds. My whole day has been fucked up because of this.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4822 on: June 07, 2022, 04:51:39 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: June 08, 2022, 09:44:21 am »

*weeps*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: June 11, 2022, 03:47:15 am »

A mix of Starcraft and SS13 with a crude hard-sci-fi mining vessel faced with a mining related disaster.  The ship was supposed to scuttle (with all hands) but me and my crew had prepared an alternative.  My chief engineer quickly hooked up a donated alien FTL device and routed power to it, while some outnumbered and overpowered loyalists complained that we were betraying the Company.  We had some choice parting words for the Company as the device powered up, then warped us into alien space.

We weren't out of the woods, though.  We were out of immediate danger but adrift in alien space.  We needed to jury-rig some repairs, to comms or power I guess.  We needed to accomplish this despite the obvious Company loyalists (xenophobes), an amusingly villainous "secret" traitor with a mustache, and potentially less-obvious traitors on the team.  Fortunately we had the Tenth Doctor (Doctor Who) to help us.  The "secret" traitor wanted us to betray the Doctor to improve our chances of survival, but his plan was obviously ridiculous and he kept giggling mid-scheme.

Inspired by playing Starcraft 2 and Cyberpunk 2077 lately.  I wish I remember what we specifically said about rebelling from the megacorp, it was very rude and inspirational.
She/they

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: June 14, 2022, 04:28:51 am »

Apparently vampires and weremoose can be cured by a normal person biting them.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: June 15, 2022, 03:32:06 am »

Apparently vampires and weremoose can be cured by a normal person biting them.
The thing people have been trying to cure for centuries was right in front of us the whole time, what glorious times we live in!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4827 on: June 27, 2022, 06:59:05 am »

I dreamed I was at a funeral and the director was insistent on me playing Hungarian Rhapsody No.2
I do not know how to play the piano. An actual pianist was doing their best to teach me and I kept asking why they couldn't just play the piano instead of me, but they said their hands had just turned into marble and everyone was counting on me. There was even an entire orchestra of strings that were going to take time off of the piano so a single wrong note could throw off everyone. In the end I played an approximation of the song whilst the pianist handled the left hand chords, and almost every single key was the wrong note - but the audience didn't notice, and didn't seem to care, because the melody was close enough. That is until I reached the mid song and reached the parts I had not practiced, and when the entire orchestra looked at me expectantly, I passed out. This was because I had been cut on my arm, and only just noticed the grave blood loss. When I awoke the entire funeral was empty and I was warm and my clothes stuck to me, in the way that only dried blood soaked clothes can be. I found the knife and pressed my finger to its edge, cutting myself immediately. I thought this was a very high quality knife and decided to keep it. I tried to finish the song in the empty hall and still could not, but I gave it a good try nonetheless

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4828 on: July 12, 2022, 05:06:52 pm »

04/07/2022

Dreamed I was some mannish-looking lady traversing through Gehenna, except this Gehenna held very little in common with the New Testament's Gehenna. This one looked like Dante's Hell, but was populated by characters of a considerably more dharmic bent. There was no visible sky or stars, no sun or moon, and the only thing which convinced me that I was not underground was that there was an ever-present level of low light everywhere you looked. It was enough light that you could see colour, but the land was such a featureless expanse of black dirt, iron rich stones and ash. Only every now and then would I see the occasional brush of orange rock or red earth, or a place where the snow was falling black. I carried a quarterstaff which was an adequate defence against most of hell's denizens. Tall demons and hungry ghosts walked about carrying wicked spiked clubs, but they were too busy to pay me much heed. Spirits occasionalyl crossed paths with me, but were too caught in their own journeys or sorrows to notice me either. I was searching for someone - that I knew. I enocuntered something which looked like a tall woman swathed in blue cloth, but on closer inspection the mirage vanished as the pattern of the blue cloth woman was revealed to be the deceptive markings of a gigantic arachnid demon, who was coloured in bands of red, gold, black and blue. It hurt my eyes to look at it, but I dared not look away, as the creature was vast and I was likely to be vastly outmatched in speed or power, and so my only hope was to convince it I was more dangerous than I actually was. I was then somewhat disarmed when the spider-demon greeted me cordially, and checked a list with some incredulity, telling me that I should not be here as I was not dead yet. I said I was looking for someone, and would leave once I had found them. It scratched its chelicerae pondering, and asked if it could kill me so as to rectify the error. I said I could not allow it to kill me, as I still had work to attend to. I made to leave, but it continued to move and block my path, intent on obstructing me until I consented to death. A menacing wave of my staff however, and it bowed and let me pass. What a strange spider, I thought. The rest of the dream was spent beating back far too many cruel ghouls, who sought to eat my body and soul. I remember thinking it was very strange that I had managed to fight so many hundreds for so long a time and not feel any exhaustion, as I knew in any other circumstance my chances of winning against even just one would be poor.

05/07/2022
I dreamed I was part of an expedition in the antarctic, on our way to explore a cave said to lead to a subterranean earth rumoured to be a hollow earth. None of us were keen to die for so fruitless a cause, however we were all in a very difficult position. Our leader had been killed and replaced by the most violent in our group, and there was a mutual deadlock because he and two of his goons were capable of using violence to enforce their will upon others who could then be used against yet others. I was one such person being forced to keep order on the rest, and neither I nor the others could act alone, lest we be killed by one of our own team members. So together we worked on a conspiracy to launch a sudden coup, which would have metaphorically decapitated the goons by taking out their leader before they could act. With their leader dead, the goons would have no cause to continue violence, or continue the expedition - their loyalties did not run that deep.
The conspiracy however never did reach fruition, because we discovered that there really was an entrance to the hollow earth, where there was a tropical climate with dinosaurs and strange civilisations below. The only trouble was getting past the violently territorial penguins who sheltered atop thin ice - to disturb the penguins, or to disturb the ice was courting certain death. We had to proceed one by one, distracting the penguins with flashing light bouncy balls in order to make it past.

08/07/2022
Dreamed I was working in a place of death and mourning, with my job just being to maintain the shrines and burial sites. People tended to not last the night shift for some reason, the manager explained. I needed the money, so I wasn't too bothered. Whilst sweeping the leaves at night, a small palid child crept up on me, disturbing my cleanly swept pile of leaves. The noise alerted me and I turned around to see them standing behind me with a kitchen knife, smaller than my forearm. I gave them a cornetto icecream and they appreciated it, so I gave them another one. They put away the knife to hold two ice creams and were content to let me keep sweeping the leaves back together again. Going underground to vacuum the crypt, I was obstructed by a particularly tall ghost lady with fingers long and sharp like knives, whose skin was aflame with searing fire and screamed inarticulate murder at me. I felt this hostility was unwarranted and the fire was unsafe so I activated the sprinklers, which dampened the flames and swept away the crypt dust. Seeing the water pool in the crypt I decided to make the best of a mess and asked if she would help me bring the water upstairs to help water the plants. I showed her I intended to carry the water by hand, cupping my hands together to hold the water. She copied me and helped carry the water to the flowers instead of using her finger knives to fillet me, which was much appreciated.

I then dreamed I was at an old book store, or library, wasn't entirely sure what it was. But I was there to check out what they had, see if they had any rare tomes. The head of the book place was no doubt one of the muses, or one of the fates, because she seemed barely human and gifted with the powers or prophecy. She carried one eye in her hand which she saw with, and occasionally placed in one of her empty eye sockets, and laughed with glee at how I was welcome to pick any book - for the right book would find me, and tell me what horrible fate awaited me. I asked about the whole horrible fate thing, and she explained how the books always told the reader of the future, but the futures they foretold were always horrible demises. Being a brave and curious sort, I was much more intrigued than I was deterred by such a warning, and started perusing a book called Visions. On the front cover was a picture of a constellation of stars, with the stars connected by lines to form the image of a man whose mind has spread beyond the cosmos. Reading the pages however was just chapter after chapter of me with homoerotic undertones and suggestive content. I ask the book seller "yo you said this would be a horrible fate but this is just really gay" and she came over and read it with some surprise. "So it is," she said.

I then dreamed I was a newly promoted executive, on my first day of working with my peers in the C-suite. I had gotten in the way of some guy who was laying out a fruit platter and apologised to him before he apologised to me, then got into a massive argument with this soulless harpy about how executives shouldn't say sorry or thank you to people who are just doing their job. I was furious but mindful that I was clearly outnumbered and too underranked to make a point of it, so I began to plot how to remove all of them so I could seize leadership and make etiquette acceptable again

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: July 13, 2022, 04:42:48 am »

Apparently if you get pulled over by the police in France they can punch the windows out of your car if you don't show them your mirage certificate.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 338