Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338]

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504647 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #5055 on: January 11, 2024, 08:14:04 pm »

Dreamed I was making a hatchet out of a slice of cake. Just hammering away until the wedge slice of cake was suitably fixed to a wooden shaft, before I went down to pollard the black forest cake trees

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5056 on: January 13, 2024, 04:14:41 pm »

I dreamed that I was "playing" (more like being inside as an immaterial will) an game about wandering around these tiny cartoony planets. The game looked like Spore, but seemed much, much more... full, if that makes sense. This game doesn't exists IRL, as usual.

The dream context was the game was a sandbox that simulated a flanderised version of an otherwise pretty realistic universe. Aside from the technicolor everything and very tiny planets, it was a mirror reflection of the actual universe. Desolate, cold, silent, lifeless.

I was sitting on a planet with purple rocks and orange atmosphere without clouds. It was sunset, or dawn. The single sun shone brightly on the horizon, and faint white stars decorated the blackness above it. Nothing lived on this nameless rock. I got bored. I decided to move on, ascending off the planet to never return. I think I had a spaceship? Or I was the ship?

I knew that other players existed. Many thousands of them. In civilised space, residing in numerous stellar empires and harvesting entire planets and building fancy houses and cataloguing border worlds and doing whatever. I also knew that I was currently deep in uncharted space, where none of this was occuring, and wouldn't occur for a very long time.

I wandered around from star to star. More lifeless rocks and gaseous orbs greeted me. Each barren, each empty. I was searching for life. I knew inniately that life existed in this universe. It was just extremely rare.

I never ended up finding it. The dream stretched on, and on, and on, more dead worlds, more empty wastelands and vacant skies.

At last, I landed over a flat plain of light brown rock under a dim star in the morning. I did nothing again.

Then I woke up.

I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5057 on: January 25, 2024, 07:59:52 am »

I was playing "Skyrim" and adventuring in The Rift, arriving at its capital.  A gleaming fantasy metropolis fed with the fruits and grains of the Rift's temperate land, and sculpted by mer magic.  I had an audience with... "the ? of dreams", its leader.  Not khan, that's a Fallen London thing... though this was a bit like the Khanate, a relatively high "tech" eastern city in tension with the West.

This leader was also essentially the Silvenor.  A beautiful elf prince, androgynous, decadent and whimsical as his city.  The city/he was joining the Stormcloak rebellion as a lark.  He spoke loftily about the tyranny of the Empire, and of authority in general, but it was all so theoretical.  It had to be, because he embodied a genuine non-imperial utopian state.  His land was too powerful for the Empire to truly oppress, and even the proportional tax was easily paid from the land's excess.

My character had her own reasons for opposing the Empire, but now I wonder if they were good ones.  More personal, at least.  I think the Stormcloaks were less ethno-state, more an empire-wide movement for independent diverse city-states/communities.
Very strange

Anyway the Elf of Dreams wanted me to poison the fortress-city of Whiterun, capital of Skyrim and seat of Imperial authority.  The poison was a basket of tiny red berries.  As an alchemist I was confused, these would only cause some incontinence and fatigue.  It was more of a prank than an attack.  (had these been part of his feast?  They were oddly on-hand)

Silly cloistered dream-prince, cluelessly choosing such a harmless "poison".  How fortunate he chose someone competent...

(In the dream I blamed a game-lore disconnect and/or the Prince being stupid.  The idea that he wanted to troll a murderous adventurer didn't occur to me.  I probably wasn't going to poison a city, but I was considering it as an expression of my competence.  Possibly for revenge too, though usually I'm far more selective even in revenge fantasies)
(Generally an annoying dream caused by fitful congested sleep.  Obviously I was the NB Prince as well as the hard adventureress, and this was expressing a valid concern that I'm out of touch about the social issues I care about.  Introspection sucks, grr.)
(Oh and the berries represented alcohol)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5058 on: January 25, 2024, 12:05:46 pm »

this one I dreamed I was a frog. Just chilling in a slow flowing brook. Early in the morning I would dit on a lily pad, and when the sun arose I would dip in the warm waters. I ate a beetle, and it was nice.
A snake chased me later in the day and I jumped from lily pad to lily pad. I was sure the snake wouldn't be able to follow, but underestimated how snakes that small totally can follow you on a lily pad. I jumped into the river, shouting "don't bite my ass" as the snake nearly bit my ass
When I emerged much farther downstream, I came upon a curious sight. A scorpion wanted to cross the river
The scorpion said to me "I wish to cross the river. I will not sting you, because if I sting  you, we will both drown."

I was hungry
I ate the scorpion
the venom was spicy

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5059 on: January 25, 2024, 03:02:51 pm »

I dreamed of Skyrim civil war too. In my dream, I had to negotiate letting Ulfric and a party of his confederates into Solitude to make amends and end the war. Surrendering, effectively, but trying to avoid having everyone involved in the rebellion butchered. I rode ahead and unfortunately had to enter the city from the side entrance under the arch and run to the blue palace, find the captain of the guards and garrison commander and Elisef and tell them not to open fire on the party. This didn't get anywhere because my alarm promptly rang in the middle of trying to navigate the palace, which was large and confusing and packed full of people.

[Edit]

Dreamed yesterday of trying to blow my nose and just spewing off color raw eggs, like gobs and gobs of goopy, jiggly clear snot with rotten green cores. Woke up to not being able to breathe out of my nose at all from congestion.

Last night I dreamed I was checking out the school my nephew would be going to. They had a long path down a wooded hillside bordering a field above downtown where kids who lived uphill would walk down. Reminded me of my childhood where across the street from the elementary was a block that was never developed or cut, so everyone on that side of town would cross the street and cut through the woods down a nice forest trail before continuing our walk/bike ride home. This trail was much longer, maybe half a mile or more, and it was winter so it was snowed over, deep. It was very hard to wade through it all. At the bottom it ended next to a parking lot. The school itself seemed too small for the whole town, maybe it was only a kindergarten.

Then on my way back I stopped at a gym at the top of the hill to shower, and met my brother there with one of his friends. Realized I never brought a towel. My brother starts ranting and getting angry and telling me to give him something, I didn't understand what, and I thought no, I'm just gonna buy one from the gym. Then while digging through my pockets I dropped some change that rolled away down into the opposite corner of the locker room under a sink. I went over to grab it and found a bunch of other change people had dropped, including a nickel that had been cut in half in an odd way. It had a jagged edge like it would have been cut multiple times in order to sever it in half fully. I gave one half to my brothers' friend before continuing to my shower. Then I found a bunch of sections of gold coins that had also been shaved off, like from the outer edge spiraling inwards. Lot of money lost/being cut up in that gym.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 03:56:30 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #5060 on: March 06, 2024, 03:40:28 am »

Found a rule - if light refuses to turn on when I flip a switch, I must be dreaming. So when that happens, I think "This nonsense again!" and angrily try to shake myself awake. It is futile and feels unpleasant.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5061 on: March 29, 2024, 07:11:42 am »

Oh that's interesting!  I happened to dream about that last night, I was cleaning up some clutter with a friend but none of my lights would turn on, except about 10% of the time.  Neither of us really minded the gloom but I was trying to be normal and a good host.

I guess the dream I came here to share was also about trying to act allistic...

I was living at dad's beach house with him and my brother.  This was back in the internet security days, except brother was working with us too.  There was a big social party (there was always so much... networking, haha, in that job).

Jordan Peterson and Ben Shapiro were in attendance.  Dad technically didn't like them but he's a lib, and they were guests.  I was in a nice femme outfit, maybe even passing, and really wanted to get a selfie with them to show off online (to mock them by associating them with a tran...s person like me).  But brother stopped me, insisting that it was against the law somehow, they had lawyers and protections.  I said "But they're in my home! [I do have value here, right?]" and he just offered sympathy for my naivety.  He didn't have my back. (He was always better at socializing, and often had to help me with social rules because I was autistic!!!)

I isolated myself to avoid making a scene, passing through a network of bathrooms and changing rooms in the basement.  I kept plotting but I knew I wouldn't actually do anything.  I had to try to behave well, obediently, to make up for all my social mistakes.

As I returned upstairs, calmer, I heard my dad talking about trans people as a dying trend.  "Do you know any trans people?  I don't." he said.  I blacked out from frustration.

I woke up in a chair behind him and brother.  They were working on a web threat together.  I saw they could use my help.  I wanted to help them, but I was still in so much pain and they didn't see me.  I started sobbing, as quietly as I could, yet wanting them to hear.  They didn't.  I looked at the web threat and my mind shifted to be more analytical, less social.  This ruined the last of my "filters" which translate my thoughts for normal people.

I started rambling despite myself.  Usually I transcribe or echoing an inner voice I've scanned for mistakes[notions which upset people].  Instead I was just speaking.  Purely in metaphors and references.  They didn't understand a word.  They didn't know me.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5062 on: April 04, 2024, 03:37:17 am »

Gran has dementia, that's obviously playing on my mind because it started with her having dementia and moving into a care home. Then my granddad got dementia, then my dad (who've both been dead these past 9 years, so that's something), then my mum. Then the world started falling apart, which was expected. The world was ending, kind of terrifying but it was known it was going to happen but the world was going to restart. Me, my family and some friends (Not IRL friends, some dream friends consisting of random people from various parts of my life) met up for a last drink, got some pictures taken and one by one died or dropped into the void. Eventually it was me and a couple of friends left who were sticking around, drunk, to see every last thing fall apart before leaving themselves. I got fed up with the anxiety so I jumped into the void.

Next bit of the dream I remember was some stuff with a video game, some people (me included) having a bunch of very popular protests for fun, a game where you had to kill robots which my friend fucked up and released an unkillable robot into a pub (But it was a game, so it was fine), and pubs. Lots of pubs. After wandering around, drinking with some friends, I realised I was feeling super lonely. Like really, really, *really* lonely. Nobody else to be with in any capacity. Eventually I met up with some old friends from a few years back IRL, hung around with them a bit but then they started to shoplift from a small locally-run business which didn't sit right with me. I left and went off.

Next up, the cinema. Went to see the new Spiderman film, it was Tom Holland's. Some Black Panther-Spiderman crossover, he was convinced to take some Wakandan hallucinogen that was specifically for the Black Panther that's supposed to give you hallucinations that terrify and disgust you so you fear nothing by the end of it. Spiderman was being offered it because with his mutant powers he could withstand the 400bpm heart rate it caused and super intense fever. Can't remember the majority of the hallucinations, I just remember one of them being someone raising the dead in Frankenstein's Monster style and banging the reanimated corpse. Once he snorted the hallucinogen it stopped being 100% a film and turned into a sort of thing I was also experiencing. Then he started to build a tower in the hallucination, which the Wakandans could see, and apparently it represented your mental strength and political views(?), and every time you encountered something you had to consider the tower would collapse a bit and need rebuilding. Spiderman/I (Since I was also experiencing this bit) was apparently unique because the tower was built with absolutely no collapses.

Finally emerge from the hallucination and in weird frat bro fuckboy fashion, Spiderman insists that his friend *has* to be allowed to try it. Seriously, just a bit to see how fucked up it was. He'd just about convinced the Wakandans when I was woken up.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #5063 on: April 20, 2024, 06:52:04 am »

Was 3rd party viewing the, like... it was forrest gump, basically? Except it's in the 1920s and at some point they turn into a devil and get into politics and gambling, using demonic magic to basically ad-hoc an infernal surveillance grid of some city as part of the backroom dealings with the good-ol'-boys club of, well, all the other demon movers and shakers. Protag fellow was a bit of an idiot but turns out to basically be a demonic savant, rapidly gaining power and influence after induction.

Ended in a speakeasy with a partial confrontation with a quartet of hillbilly lookin' fellows that were actually remarkably savvy gamblers with a penchant for cheating, that had noticed the city's local circle of old gamblers suddenly getting a lot better at what they were doing and wanting in on whatever was going on... they figured out it was information, somehow, but couldn't figure out the trick (because the trick was "literally satan"). Any case, they had a discussion, made a pitch for joining up, and headed out as a parade kicked off outside the joint they were in and the dream ended.

Basically had, like... DxD vibes , except without the pervasive sex shit and shonen junk (... which, admittedly, doesn't exactly leave anything left of DxD, but... still) and through the lens of a rags to riches/farmhouse to whitehouse movie set around the prohibition era. Wild stuff.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

joey4track

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5064 on: April 24, 2024, 02:48:46 pm »

In the dream, I found myself in a bustling city made entirely out of candy. Buildings towered overhead, constructed from giant lollipops, chocolate bars, and cotton candy clouds floated in the sky. I was wandering through the streets, marveling at the sugary landscape, when suddenly I stumbled upon a group of talking gummy bears.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5065 on: April 24, 2024, 08:40:19 pm »

Did they gum you to death? :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5066 on: April 26, 2024, 09:40:59 am »

I was in the third game of a Dishonored-like trilogy.  The protagonist of the second game had uncovered a dread truth in her finale and was now an antagonist, a witchy mutated creature with the abilities of the player.  She had been a princess and I was a royal retainer who had been her friend.  The royal family didn't understand how far gone she was, but I suspected.  And sympathized.  The royal family had been maintaining the Status Quo, including the Dread Truth, and she was right to hunt them now.  Still I tried to warn them, and they met their fate with frustrating dignity, urging me to escape and save the kingdom.  They did scream.  Anyone would, under those claws.

She was an odd antagonist as neither of us wanted to hurt each other, really.  This installment was more Mirror's Edge, or Metroid Dread, trying to stay out of her way and always moving.  Struggling when caught and throwing her off.  I had to figure out the Dread Truth like she had, but without her shame at having been a complicit royal.  I could fix the problem... but I had to hurry because she, as an avatar of a deep natural power, was simply killing everyone involved.  understandable, but I could resolve things less bloodily.  Somehow.

There was a courtyard stacked with hay bales, some stacks a dozen high, such that the highest stacks wavered unsteadily if I climbed to the highest points.  There was fall damage and *I* didn't have special powers (yet?).  It was exhilarating.
She/they

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #5067 on: April 26, 2024, 11:17:05 am »

Yesterday 's noon I took a nap but I had a nightmare .

I dreamed of president Xi came to my home , enjoying porridge with my family at the Laba Festival , his face seemed miserable with blooming and upsetting frowned eyelash. Interestingly, he didn't say anything , even on word.

After the porridge dinner, I found it's odd that the street is totally quiet , usually it should be crowded with people .
Then I got to know that there should be something odd , something mysterious and maybe something horrible , my eyesight fell onto my dad's face , he looked at me , under the fuzzy light of the light outside , I could see the tears in his eyes .A voice inside me told me that Xi decided to kill my family.

I felt desperate , tired out and hopeless, then suddenly I woke up , it's 1 p.m.
人生在世不称意 明朝散发弄扁舟
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338]