Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497606 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
The Dream Thread
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:07:35 am »

So yeah. Don't know if we have one of there, but we need one just for the surrealism that will inevitably insue. Now for a warning, because we need warnings:

Follow forum rules and whatnot. No descriptions of sex, gloss over the details of super unsavory stuff like torture or what-have-you ... just be reasonable. This thread's for reading about dreams, not drama. That said, given that the thread's gone on for 82 pages without Toady having to intervene, I gather that everyone gets the implicity of it. Yay!

Hopefully you all got that, so now, let the dreams commence!

AFTER mine, of course. It goes something like this: I had joined the military, snd was on a ferry boat for a 2-week tour. Midway through, the Schettino guy from the cruise ship thing comes onto our ship, having run out of fuel (or something) on his ferry boat, and wanted the captain, who was one of my sempais from karate for some reason, to pull his boat along with the crane we had on deck and using a buoy as a grappling hook. For obvious reasons, he was refused, and he left. Time sorta skipped then, as I was in the kitchen at my house, making myself a sandwich and eating it while thinking about the Turian I'd hooked up with (or would hook up with - I seemed to be seeing into the future) and planning to go on another tour when the resulting baby was 2 years old, with the aim of impressing baby with impressive ab muscles when I got back. I didn't seem to be very smart in this dream.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 02:24:13 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:10:21 am »

Man, I WISH I had a wet dream recently. Those are awesome.

But anyway~

I don't even remember much of last night's, though I remember I had one. I think it did involve bay12 somehow, or at least my mental representations of people here, but they weren't a major player.

Most my dreams are wish fulfillment. If I'm having a problem in real life, I'll often have a dream where it's resolved positively for me. Naturally I like to sleep, and get a bit depressed when I wake up :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 11:57:36 am »

Another one of these? I'll bite.

Sadly, no wet dreams recently either.  :P

Did have one that had something to do with me being a giant toaster, though. I don't really remember why I was a giant toaster, but it was pretty cool.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 12:00:30 pm »

I rarely recall my dreams, but the ones I do for one reason or another frequently feature xenomorphs.  Sometimes I'm a colonial marine shooting them dead.  One time I was a Warhammer 40K space marine shooting them dead.  One time I was Kirby (yes the puffball thing from the Nintendo games), although I wasn't shooting them dead.

Recently... wow, I can't recall any recent dreams.  Probably had something to do with my teeth falling out as a xenomorph leered over me.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

DarkWolfXV

• Bay Watcher
  • Infernally rotten to the gore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

The one i always get in various forms, visions of world downfall.
So here we go:
I go through sequence of really bad stuff happening as observer, like tsunamis, earthquakes, people getting beaten/burnt/whatever to death, zombies, greedy buisnessmen, and it all flashes before me, then i stand on cliff, i see desolated capital city, then a nuke falls and i get watch it explode and i finally die by the blast.

I sometimes get good dreams, and im extremely pissed off when someone wakes me up, its like they are best things that happened to me ever, but i have to wake up.
Goats will ignore your grass and eat the neighbours' roses. They're just evil bastards like that.
Probably thats why they are used with pentagrams on covers of Satanic Black Metal albums.
BURNING SHIT AND EATING ROOSESSSSSS DDOFOFAOAARRRAHYYYE

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2012, 12:24:13 pm »

I was at a party.
I saw everyone as MRI scans of their brains.

That's all I can remember, but it was fucking weird.

Wayward Device

• Bay Watcher
  • Has no dealings with the incarnations of gods
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2012, 12:49:21 pm »

I was for some reason in a small Scottish village with modern day peasants (they were wearing tracksuits and drinking special brew but were also clearly medieval peasants). They warned my friends and I to not go near the castle, where we had been invited by for diner by an elderly Chinese couple who were the villages feudal lords. They (the peasants) were also quite aggressive drunks.

Headless of their vague warning we went to the castle and and had an awkward meal with the elderly Chinese couple and their lawyers. Over the course of the meal, I began to suspect that on of the lawyers was a vampire, so I blessed my glass of water with my mind, turning it into holy water and tricked him into drinking it. He promptly burst into flames, proving my suspicions correct. The last thing to happen before I woke up laughing was the elderly Chinese woman shouting at me

"Fool! Don't you know how expensive Vampire Lawyer is? You break you buy! You break you buy!"

Now my only problem is that my subconscious apparently loves racist stereotypes, no matter what my waking brain thinks about the matter.   
or maybe Valve goes out of business because they invested too heavily in something which then fails - like, say, human civilization.
Alternatively, initiate strife to refuse additional baked goods, and then abscond.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2012, 02:30:44 pm »

My dreams are always boring or not remembered.  Hell, the last one was just a dream of me reading posts here where everyone was saying "magma magma...magma?" in General Discussion.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2012, 02:36:24 pm »

Magma!

Magma magma.

Magma magma magma!
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 02:39:26 pm »

Magma!

Magma magma.

Magma magma magma!
Magma?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »

Not unless he has a mind control device.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2012, 03:22:02 pm »

Ever had a lucid dream? That stuff can get scary. Rainbows and Blue Chinese Demons. 'Nuff said.

Spoiler: Hi there! (click to show/hide)
That was a memorable one.

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2012, 03:38:05 pm »

Just had one particularly strange last weekend. (Then again I rarely remember my dreams.)

I was standing in some random room and listened as two women discussed. What I gathered from their talk, the other one - a blonde - was an athlete, going to partake in some important contest soon. The blonde was wearing only T-shirt and panties which had some writing in them (I recall particularly the number "1917"). For unknown reasons - at least on that point - their discussion drifted to the writings on her panties and soon, she pulled them down, revealing that the same writings were "tattooed" (I somehow got the impression that the writing had ingrained to his skin from the panties) to his skin with red at exactly the same positions as they were in the panties. The blonde said that she would want the markings removed, but it would be expensive, mentioning something like: "The trophy would help." She also was worried what her boyfriend would say/think, because apparently his name was written there somewhere.

Any analysis?  :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2012, 03:42:49 pm »

Any analysis?  :P

Hrm...

No really, I'm not certain there is anything to analyze from that, other than you're a normal human being with normal human weird dreams :P

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2012, 03:49:21 pm »

His whole mother complex theory was actually a rather small part of his brand of psychology. Though he DID talk about sex in general a lot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 338