Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497662 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2012, 04:10:44 pm »

wasn't his idea basically: everything in humans is driven by sex. our culture, wars, history et al?

Seems plausible.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2012, 04:11:59 pm »

Saying that "I have bad dreams" is much like saying "Water is wet".

It's never the conventional horror, either. Oh no, that would be much too simple. No. In them, I am the monster, the fiend, the horror that lurks at the edges of your mind. Carnage. Bloodshed. Death. And worst of all, I enjoy it. Part of me is utterly horrified and disgusted, but the other half revels in the destruction and pain it causes.

To me, knowing that what you are, your very essence, is so...mutable is the most terrifying thing I can imagine.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2012, 04:14:47 pm »

wasn't his idea basically: everything in humans is driven by sex. our culture, wars, history et al?
He had a set of basic instincts that everything else was just extrapolations from, yes. Sex, food, etc.

Back to dreams!
Saying that "I have bad dreams" is much like saying "Water is wet".

It's never the conventional horror, either. Oh no, that would be much too simple. No. In them, I am the monster, the fiend, the horror that lurks at the edges of your mind. Carnage. Bloodshed. Death. And worst of all, I enjoy it. Part of me is utterly horrified and disgusted, but the other half revels in the destruction and pain it causes.

To me, knowing that what you are, your very essence, is so...mutable is the most terrifying thing I can imagine.
That IS terrifying. :X
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2012, 04:41:46 pm »

PTW
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

The nature of my dreams varies greatly, and they seldom make any sort of sense whatsoever. I feel like most of the time, it's just my brain screwing around with different concepts and scenarios because it has nothing better to do.

Allow me to share one from when I was very young, that to this day I can still remember remarkably clearly:

Me and my mother were visiting some friends in a huge fancy house, and I was left alone in a spacious and elegant living room with a big jack-in-the-box while the adults went elsewhere to chat. The jack-in-the-box began to play the traditional tune as the lever slowly turned on its own. The box soon sprung open, revealing a large smiling clown head atop a long metal spring, accompanied by two gloved hands also attached to springs.

I knew immediately that this springy smiling clown head had malicious intentions, and attempted to run away. Unfortunately, I was wearing socks, and the entire room had hardwood flooring, causing me to slip and fall each time I tried to escape. I yelled to the adults, who I could see just outside the room, but they ignored me and walked into a different portion of the house.
The jack-in-the-box picked me up by my arm and began to spin me around at terrifying speeds. However, me being the courageous little bastard I was, I decided to fight back and punch the clown in the face. The clown head shattered, exposing another, smaller version of itself on the inside. Surprised, I proceeded to punch the smaller clown head in the face as well, which again shattered only to reveal an even smaller clown head within. This continued until the clown head was even smaller than my little toddler fist of fury. With one final punch, I shattered the smallest clown head, and watched as another one the size of the original somehow grew out from it. It then let go of me, causing me to fly through the air and slam violently into the wall.

I can't clearly recall what happened after that. I only remember the sense of hopelessness I felt knowing that whatever I did, I could not get away from that sinister toy.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 08:54:21 pm by King DZA »

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 11:17:39 pm »

I've had some very interesting dreams. I think I'm sort of weird in that mine usually aren't horribly strange, and when they are they are consistent within themselves.

---

I entered a really dusty apartment, planning to kill an old man while he slept. I didn't know why. I didn't know who this man was. I had a job to do. I didn't think anything of it for the duration of the dream, but I was female. (This is a recurring happening in my dreams, I never notice when I am), and I crept through the apartment that was empty until I made it to the bedroom. My target was sleeping there, so I stabbed him.

If only it were that easy... He actually grabbed my stiletto with his hands when I went for the kill then punched me clear across the room. From where I stuck the knife into him, his shirt was torn but he wasn't bleeding from the cut. He basically chased me all over the apartment with me looking for an opening the whole time, he could just plain overpower me.

I managed to get him after I bated him into a bad swing, tackled him down, and managed to get the stiletto through his heart after using all my strength to do so. I was utterly exhausted. Then I woke up.

---

I'm female in most of my dreams - any that I see myself in it's a consistent look... Any of you guys have something similar to that? Or have an idea why?

EDIT: I don't go around assassinating cyborgs in any dreams other than that one.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 11:19:49 pm by Psyco Jelly »
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2012, 06:20:13 am »

I rarely remember my dreams, i often remember small parts of them. However i'm training myself to remember them more often, but let's continue.

All of these things are quite strange...

1. I remember in one dream that i was eating wooden pencils, i cannot remember why but i do remember that i enjoyed it.......

2. In one dream i remember that i went to a big mansion decorated with rich stuff ( Red carpet, big door, butlers etc.) to see it's owner, which was one fat fellow which sat in his royal chair. I went there to buy a carp from him... which was encased in tin foil and newspapers.

3. In another dream, which was particularly strange. I dreamed that i was standing at the edge of a corn field with my aunt ( Which i had recently visited in Real life) and my dad was standing at a small hill near us pointing a double barreled shotgun at us. He said "It's the prophecy" and then started to maniacally laugh.

4. This is one dream that i remember from my childhood which is a nightmare. I was running down a very dark hallway with my best friend towards a light which was at the end of the said hallway/tunnel. we kept hearing whispers and screams coming from behind so that's why we ran, just at the door my buddy trips and the shadows grab him. He quickly tells me "Save yourself!" before he gets dragged into the shadow and nothing could be heard from him.
So obviously i went inside the room which was a poorly lit room with mold over the walls, in the middle there was one of those fireplace chairs and a small wooden table with a lit candle and a book. I immediately closed the door which was a big steel door with a handle closing mechanism, it was rusty and squeaked a lot. Eventually i closed the door and pulled the handle and quickly ran to the chair in the middle looking at the door. You could heard loud bonking on the other side and whispers, eventually it stopped. I sat on the chair and looked at the book which had a strange sign on it. Suddenly you could see shadows coming from under the door, surrounding the whole room and closing in on the middle. Out of panic i opened the book and woke up.
Durrr..

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2012, 05:10:08 pm »

Can't remember much about the dream(s) I had last night, save that at least part of it was incredibly violent and inspired by the 1930s crimewave I've been studying. It was a pretty awesome dream, but that's all I can remember. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »

It happened again. Like clockwork. Full Moon outside? Werewolf dream.

I am going around, doing something at night. In this case, I think I was just walking around downtown Tacoma. Moon comes out from behind cloud.

Now, I'm going to do my best to describe what happens next. I am not sure if I have the words to describe it, but I will try. First, I just start hurting all over. I get shaky, nauseous. Then, maybe...ten seconds later, then pain kicks itself up to eleven. I can feel my bones moving , my muscles thickening, my skull changing shape. It is excruciating. It is the worst pain I have ever felt. Slowly, agonizingly, the pain is replaced by...something. I guess the best way to describe it would be....a rush? Just this surge of power, it feels so goddamn good I can't even begin to describe it. At this point, I don't even think I'm thinking anymore, just going along by instinct. And you know what instinct is telling me to do? Kill. And so I did. And I loved every minute of it while what little humanity I could still feel was screaming at me to stop.

....kaijyuu, please hold me. I need to go cry.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2012, 05:33:58 pm »

What if...

...it wasn't a dream? :o

Edit:
were you al capone in it?

were you al capone in your previous life?
Nah, while I don't really remember much, it was some guy robbing a bank, I think. And shooting lots of people. Whilst wearing some kind of brown suit.
I think in some parts of the dream I was the guy, in others I was investigating his crimes or researching him or something.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 05:39:32 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2012, 05:37:49 pm »

What if...

It's the only logical explanation.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2012, 05:42:20 pm »

What if...

It's the only logical explanation.

Right, bring out the burning stakes guys.

(It's for the celebratory barbecue, there will be chicken)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2012, 05:43:53 pm »

i had a dream where i was in desert near ruins made out of sand stone then it started raining and i couldn't open my eyes , or move , everyone else were listening to loud music  while i was standing in the desert rain , then i opened my eyes and saw a lazer falling from the sky and it fell right next to me and burned my toe , then i flew few metres away and crashed on a wooden desk and woke up .

also i had this extreme dream where i was riding a rhinoceros through a city , i was laughing so hard , because the rhino was stabbing very big cotton candy , while i was screaming at it - "STUPID CATS KEEP EATING MY CARROTS" then the rhino grabbed me with its leg and gave me a knife , i then stabbed the rhino with the knife and woke up .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2012, 05:45:15 pm »

What if...

....There is only one statement I can make in response. That one emoticon on SA. You know the one recoiling that looks like :o but infinitly more horrified?

That one.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

i remember a dream where i was looking at elephants trunk and screaming -"GROW BIGGER" and the elephant was screaming back -"YOU TRY IT YOURSELF AND REGRET" then i picked up a bone that was on the roof of a building and threw the bone at a lion and the lion threw it back and i woke up .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 338