Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504598 times)

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #915 on: April 29, 2013, 11:03:51 am »

Dreamed I was playing a survival game similar to Don't Starve. I don't recall if it was Don't Starve or simply a game very similar to it that my subconscious decided to make from scratch.

Anyway, that probably means I should stop playing Don't Starve for a while.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 29, 2013, 06:42:10 pm »

I had a dream that the chinese were fielding attack-squids in their navy. Then everything was post apocalypse.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 03, 2013, 08:37:57 am »

I just played DnD in a place that looks like Diablo II's first chapter. I didn't know that I was in a game like Order of The Stick but there was some talks related to DnD mechanics. Also, there wasn't any races. Everyone was Human.

My character was a Chaotic Neutral (or Evil, I don't remember exactly) Sorcerer. My best friend was a Neutral Evil Fighter. Two of us joined a Good aligned party. We had a Cleric, a Barbarian, a Paladin, and a Rogue. We traveled together but after some time my friend started arguing with the rest of the party. I took his side. The Paladin was telling me to shut up and carry on. I replied by suggesting to suck his levels (I had Energy Drain).

After some arguing, I left the group with my Fighter friend and avoided bloodshed. We walked aimlessly toward a direction and encountered a crypt on the way. I suggested that we loot the place and my friend agreed. We got our asses kicked in a minute and ran away from the crypt. I couldn't accept the defeat and suggested that we go back in. My friend said that we should level up more before coming here. I didn't listen to him and went back in alone. I couldn't even deal with the monsters at the entrance. I used a stone pillar as cover and started blasting. I managed to kill like 2 or 3 monsters out of 20 that was attacking me. I had only one remaining hit point. So I fled again. My friend gave me a "Told ya." and we walked away from the crypt.

Then I woke up. The dream had lots of potential for interesting stuff if my mom didn't wake me up.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 03, 2013, 08:48:40 am »

Had a dream a good few days ago. In that dream, I had a girlfriend. We laughed, enjoyed, did stuff that was appropriate for lovers. But eventually, when I turned my back, she disappeared. I went looking for her everywhere, while I was seemingly tearing up and crying as I did so. I found her nowhere. Then I finally wake up.

I realize that my brain is making my conscience feel fuzzy for screwing up in many places concerning a familial relationship, and this was how it reminded me of my failures.

Might need a drink.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 03, 2013, 09:55:27 am »

Might need a drink.
Next time we meet, in dreamspace, I might join ya...  (Not as in "singles bar" joining you, unless it's actually a low-rate-of-success one with everyone waiting on the off-chance of some misguided and/or open-minded supermodel wandering in, along with half a dozen of her closest work-colleagues, but until then there's just me, you, Morn from DS9, Norm from Cheers and Barney from the Simpsons desperately holding onto the bar to make sure it doesn't spin so much that the drinks get spilt.)

Although my self-pitying dreams tend to sit in the half-awake/half-dreaming bit of my cycling consciousness, when I'm actually consciously pondering things.  The full dreams tend to be more esoteric (although you can certainly extract the occasional bit of ennui edit: no, not ennui...  'self-reflection'[1]? from them).

OTOH, when I counted the number of people who expect to see me over any given week (not counting people from Officialdom, and of course virtual places like this where I'm just a few random bytes in a crowd) I came up with the grand total of 'Four'.  That's basically counting family, friends and work colleagues.  There's more who would notice my absence from rarer events (such as this very weekend, where any announced absence from an organised event would mean getting someone else to replace me at short notice, and "just not turning up" would cause real problems), but it's slightly less people than I'm comfortable with should I find myself suddenly struck ill, or injured, at home or out on the road and knowing that the neighbours wouldn't find much less than an eventual unrepaired broken window as cause to wonder if I'm actually around at all.

Sorry, ending on a downer, there.

Shall we try and lighten the mood in saying that probably your dream is a rehearsal, for when you actually (and imminently) need to interact with such a girlfriend?  And then darken it again by suggesting further rehearsal for if/when she departs again, for some reason so far unknown...  But, after all, that which does not kill you[2] makes you stronger!!

[1] i.e. In the manner of an introvert, that being more of what I actually meant here.  I knew it wasn't quite right, hence this late edit.

[2] Or end up severing or disabling a majority of your limbs! (edited down into a footnote, while I'm here, to try to flow better)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:37:09 am by Starver »

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 03, 2013, 10:07:49 am »

I can control my dreams. extensive lucid dreamer here :)

just about general stuff, and usually fantasy.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 10:28:20 am by kahn1234 »

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 03, 2013, 12:10:13 pm »

I can control my dreams. extensive lucid dreamer here :)

just about general stuff, and usually fantasy.
Like everything that happens in them?

cause i can usually control my own actions in my dreams but not anything else.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #922 on: May 03, 2013, 12:24:02 pm »

Alien Queen attacking Mordor with an army of potato farmers at her behest. First came the fields. Fertile volcanic ash fields undoubtedly turn out to be great for farming. Towers, walls and massive fortifications are rendered with the help of the Godzilla sized Queen. Sauron and the Queen begin boasting and taunting one another as a new, better Mordor rises. The gates open and the dream ends.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 03, 2013, 08:37:21 pm »

Alien Queen attacking Mordor with an army of potato farmers at her behest. First came the fields. Fertile volcanic ash fields undoubtedly turn out to be great for farming. Towers, walls and massive fortifications are rendered with the help of the Godzilla sized Queen. Sauron and the Queen begin boasting and taunting one another as a new, better Mordor rises. The gates open and the dream ends.
Those fucking potatoes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 05, 2013, 06:40:46 am »

Dreamt an epic dream of adventure and romance, don't remember the details tough.
Was severely disapointed when I woke up.
My alarm clock took some punishment today.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 06:42:32 am by Ultimuh »

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 06, 2013, 12:23:44 am »

I'm remembering too much of my dreams these days but the part that stood out last night was when I talked to a figment of my imagination about how to better handle imaginary threats. When I asked him why he was wearing a hoodie in a gothic mansion setting filled with starving vampires and independent shadows he replied "probably dream logic".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 07, 2013, 02:26:38 am »

I had too much pizza before sleep so weird dream:

Basically I was running naked on a grassy field in Canada or Scotland? With either Kaijyuu or Descan, I don't remember the face clearly, but it was one of those two. We were chasing sheep that were screaming 'BODICES OF TERROR ARE THERE, RUN FOR THY LIFE'.
And then we agreed this was too gloomy so we did few piruets and teleported to the desert. There we had a tea party with few scorpions wearing top hats and monocles.

Then I woke up because of stomachache :c
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 07, 2013, 12:42:59 pm »

I had too much pizza before sleep so weird dream:

Basically I was running naked on a grassy field in Canada or Scotland? With either Kaijyuu or Descan, I don't remember the face clearly, but it was one of those two. We were chasing sheep that were screaming 'BODICES OF TERROR ARE THERE, RUN FOR THY LIFE'.
And then we agreed this was too gloomy so we did few piruets and teleported to the desert. There we had a tea party with few scorpions wearing top hats and monocles.

Then I woke up because of stomachache :c
I wish I was invited to these dreams.
Mine suck and are usually just me flipping out in my head for a few hours/however long dreams last.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 07, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »

Had a dream where I won a small lottery. So, Wolfeyez and I decided to take a driving vacation. During said vacation, we'd drive up next to people and roll down the window as if I (in the passenger's seat) were going to ask for directions. Instead, when the other people started to roll down their window, I would start singing "Never Gonna Give You Up," and then we'd take off before they realized what happened. This happened a couple dozen times before I woke up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 07, 2013, 05:15:21 pm »

Instead, when the other people started to roll down their window, I would start singing "Never Gonna Give You Up," and then we'd take off before they realized what happened.

That's brilliant. I need to try that sometime.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 338