Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502686 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #1560 on: June 02, 2014, 03:47:16 pm »

people I know come in to work. What usually happens is they give me a hug

I have decontextualized this and sigged it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: June 03, 2014, 10:33:19 am »

Just awoke from a dream in which I was a cake deliverer, and was chosen to deliver the planet destroying cupcake to Obama's Party On The Moon.

Fuck my dreams are awesome.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: June 03, 2014, 02:26:52 pm »

Had a nightmare where a group of archaeologists explored some ancient ruins in a deserted island.  Naturally they brought their families and pets!  So of course as we're going down a hallway, there's some gleaming statue at the end that turns people into monster-zombies when they look at it (I think I only saw a glimpse so I wasn't affected). 

Someone's little girl looked straight at it of course and begun to mutate.  Same with someone's dogs.  The dogs had normal eyes then when they blinked they'd change to white-looks-blind-but-not-really creepy eyes.  I woke up and did not want to go back to bed.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 03, 2014, 03:39:27 pm »

Last time I slept I went to sleep before dawn, slept until after dusk, and dreamt like crazy for the duration.
I can only remember bits and pieces of the last couple of dreams now (it's about dawn the next day), but they are still mildly interesting, although not as much so as a lot of dreams.

In the first one I was watching a movie with my brother.
It appeared to be set in the Australian outback, but for some reason there were Japanese soldiers doing battle with US soldiers, their weapons and equipment looking like World War One or maybe Two-era. The story followed a group of people who were travelling somewhere- I'm pretty sure they were on a cattle drive, although I don't remember much/anything of their cattle.
At one point there was some dramatic stuff goin' on around this cliff, where a bunch of the group were at the bottom of it in the water (ocean?) whilst being shot at by someone at the top of the cliff. Somehow managing to take cover behind protusions from the rock (like, dangling from handholds) , they were eventually saved when another member of the group who'd gone off somewhere returned, shoved the shooter to their death, and then everyone frolicked happily around in the water.
There was plenty more to it that I'm forgetting... I know eventually my brother and I got so bored with this slow-paced movie that we decided to watch it in 1.5 speed. :P Not sure if we finished it before I woke up and went on to the next dream.

The last dream I had before waking up was some sort of 1st(maybe in parts 3rd?)-person shooter.
It was multiplayer and team-based, and I believe you worked through some sort of overarching campaign as you played. An interesting thing was that the teams didn't spawn equally- my (green?) team (stereotypical heroic hollywood americans) were small in number but well-equipped, skilled and plot armoured, whereas our various enemies (red and yellow teams, I think) were a massed horde of weaklings.
The level I was on seemed quite large, I think it may have been set on/around a large, destroyed ship of some kind. I remember enemies coming at me through a complex, multi-level structure, spreading out and taking different paths, presumably to confuse and surround me.

There was one part where I salvaged a minigun from a dead enemy and went on a bit of a rampage, and ended up being left/staying behind whilst the rest of my team moved on to the next level(?). That caused two enemy teams to spawn in, and gunning a bunch of them down is the last thing I remember of the dream.

Anyway, now it's time to get some more sleep.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 04, 2014, 12:18:18 am »

I had a series of dreams last night that stuck with me after wakingup. Not as interesting as most of my dreams, but still.

Basically, I was walking around the city where I go to university with some friends, and I stumbled into a girl I haven't seen in a while. Then we drove to the city where I went to high school, and hung out at her place. In the morning I left and went back to my house.

Sounds pretty boring, right? Well, it was, but here is where it gets mildly interesting. I woke up briefly at this point, and then fell asleep again. I then proceeded to have the exact same dream, down to the things people said. There were only two differences. One was that it was raining this time, but nobody seemed to notice. The second was that it was a different girl, but we still went to the same house in the same city.

The really weird thing about it is that according to my dad it was raining IRL while I was having the dream for the first time, but it had stopped by the time I woke up for the first time. But, I didn't know that it'd been raining until way later in the day. Weird.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: June 04, 2014, 05:23:20 am »

That's actually really interesting! I love dreams.

The highlight of my strange, fragmented series of dreams this morning was, well...
I was reading the forums and Miauw posted that he was apparently either married or just about to get married.
I was somewhat perturbed about this and desperately wanted to type up a response saying that he was way too young to be getting married, but I was eating a burrito at the time with one hand and it took my full concentration to prevent bits of rice and salsa from falling out on me and the keyboard.
Naturally this meant I tried to eat it as quickly as possible, despite how spicy it was, and that's pretty much all I remember. ???
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:25:23 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 04, 2014, 07:49:49 am »

Last night, I had a dream where I beat my cat to death with a rock. My poor fuzzy kitty, stark dead.

It was something of a nightmare, in the fact that I couldn't stop myself.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1567 on: June 04, 2014, 09:17:40 am »

I woke up in the middle of the night and needed a drink, so I went and got a glass of milk from the fridge. Whilst there, I noticed what looked like a bar of soap wriggling around on the countertop next to the fridge. When I picked it up to take it back to its rightful place in the bathroom, it started jerking an leaping around, getting my hands quite soapy. I went to go get something from the lounge, which is detached from the rest of the house, and when I got back there was nothing but a puddle of red liquid where the fridge was. The 'soap' was nowhere to be seen. I went to inform my parents of the disaster that had befallen their fridge, but when I arrived I found only blood and chunks of meat, two of which appeared to be livers.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 04, 2014, 09:25:42 am »

So NAV killed your parents?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 04, 2014, 09:31:35 am »

The highlight of my strange, fragmented series of dreams this morning was, well...
I was reading the forums and Miauw posted that he was apparently either married or just about to get married.
I was somewhat perturbed about this and desperately wanted to type up a response saying that he was way too young to be getting married, but I was eating a burrito at the time with one hand and it took my full concentration to prevent bits of rice and salsa from falling out on me and the keyboard.
Naturally this meant I tried to eat it as quickly as possible, despite how spicy it was, and that's pretty much all I remember. ???
o_o

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: June 04, 2014, 09:32:47 am »

Burrito>>>>>>>life
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: June 04, 2014, 09:59:41 am »

o_o
Pretty sure that was my expression when I woke up from that dream. :P

Burrito>>>>>>>life
Sigged.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1572 on: June 04, 2014, 10:10:38 am »

So NAV killed your parents?

That is a disturbing possibility that had not occurred to me. Forum dreams seem to be a thing right now, too.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:43 am »

Probably to do with the planets aligning, to usher in the new release of DF.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: June 04, 2014, 12:11:35 pm »

Probably to do with the planets aligning, to usher in the new release of DF.
Of course, I had just finished reading The Call of Cthulhu before coming back here.

Clearly, DF is his work. It is the only explanation.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 338