Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502334 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2100 on: October 18, 2014, 03:13:47 pm »

SCP-140?
SCP-001?

jesus that was a creepy read
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: October 18, 2014, 04:13:15 pm »

Had another wierd favoarite characters dream, this time my nephew asking me about my favorite Disney characters, I told him there were many and went from Aladdin to Power Rangers(they were owned by Disney for a while) to Kingdom Hearts, and even put on a wig making me look like Aqua from KH.
The dream was lucid in the regard that I could influence the appearance of each mentioned character and how/where the appeared in the dream. But man it was bizarre.

Next I had a dream about Borderlands, basically influenced by the fact that I just crunched 4 days' time of playing the PreSequel, but in the dream I was some kind of Vault-hunting AI installed into a prune. No idea why.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 19, 2014, 10:37:35 am »

Geology Textbook?

Surely nothing as horrible as that!

Having studied geology I must say that I find your lack of love for reading about rocks disturbing.

I had a very disturbing dream last night, though. I was out providing water to the horses when a small, fast-moving cloud of dust descended from the sky and landed at my feet. The beige colored dust immediately began evaporating (???) and I decided to get my camera and grab some picks before it evaporated completely. But then I noticed there were these large lumps of mud squirming around in it. When the dust evaporated, I could see they were women, covered from head to toe in a layer of mud, visibly regurgitating the stuff. I went to get my father because he's of course a trained nurse and would know what to do to help, but he told me he couldn't see anything. Like, nothing. But he could see the images on my camera clearly. So I wasn't totally crazy, right? Right!? Well, they were apparently all succubi, and most of them ran off and left one to terrorize me.

Dream ended after that, something woke me up.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2014, 10:46:57 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: October 19, 2014, 12:04:26 pm »

I dreamt about velociraptor cockfights.
And then everything burned to the ground because the ghost of an engineer's son lost his glove and his toolbox ???
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #2104 on: October 19, 2014, 01:35:59 pm »

I had incredibly vivid dreams last night, but all I can remember is going biking in the fynbos with two friends and the bikes skidding everywhere. I also rode off two cliffs, and stopped myself by riding into a tree. There was also a whole bunch of weird relationship advice stuff involved. ???

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: October 19, 2014, 01:50:54 pm »

Last night I had a dream where my cats were wandering around in the halls of my apartment building.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: October 20, 2014, 08:42:31 am »

This morning I tried to stimulate a lucid dream. I didn't succeed but the occasion was still memorable. I woke up naturally so I decided to keep laying there for a little bit and see if I could fall back into sleep.Nope! Just as I was just starting to drift off, my roommates phone got a text and noisily thought to include me in on the fun too. It kept joining me in on the fun several times until my alarm went off and I had to wake up.

The trials of sleep! Dorms are not good for this kind of stuff.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: October 20, 2014, 09:37:53 am »

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to what [REDACTED] was.
Twilight?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: October 22, 2014, 07:54:11 am »

I dreamed that I was making a sandwich, so I got a slice of bread, but there was already jam on it. This was rather disturbing, as I wanted to eat chocolate sprinkles on said sandwich. And even if I wanted jam, I'd toast the bread first.

10/10 dream would dream again

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: October 22, 2014, 08:05:33 am »

I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to what [REDACTED] was.
Twilight?

Can't be.  There wasn't near enough destruction listed.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: October 22, 2014, 08:12:54 am »

2 nights ago I dreamed about playing some strange fusion of Bowling and Dice games. the bowling ball was shaped kind of like a pokeball and the rules were sort of like RTD.
You bowled the dice, they rolled, your score being based on the 3 d6s' average.
--inspiration: I have been wanting to play DnD and go bowling, also BL TPS had a pokemon-ref quest of which I did shortly before going to bed that night, lol.

I didn't recall any dreams from last night, which is highly unusual for me in general but was probably because I was too tired to do so, I also overslept by about 2.5 hours, and as i didn't recall any dream, none were lucid which any form of lucid dreaming is my main reason for oversleeping.

Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: October 22, 2014, 08:38:03 am »

So many awesome dreams posted in here over the past few pages. I haven't been remembering as many of my crazy dreams lately, sadly. :(

Non lucid dream spent in a movie about punching Will Farrell. Will Farrell had found a genie lamp, and wished to sound smarter. So, I was magically assigned to him. He'd spout one of his traditional dumbass one liners, and I'd come out of nowhere to punch him in the face. Every. Single. Time. Even if he was running or hiding. Even if it was delayed a little bit, which was usually pretty funny.

I had one line in the movie. At the end, he's trying to get the girl, and makes a smartass comment. I ninja-appear behind him, and he turns around and flinches. I pat him on the head and say, "That was actually pretty clever, but I'm still watching."
Yes. So much yes. That actually seems like a movie that would be a huge hit, both with fans of Will Farrell and people who loathe him.
Do eet.

This has been several weeks ago, but I had a vivid dream that my daughter now wants to develop into a illustrated kids book (which is pretty awesome).

This young girl named Milly wakes up in an old Victorian-style hotel, and quickly finds out that it's where everyone in the world goes when they're sleeping. They check into the hotel when they start dreaming, and check out when they wake up. Once they check in, their room morphs into whatever their dream is.

Milly, however, isn't in a room. Somehow she got "unstuck" and never checked out (I think this means she's in a coma in the real world.) This is against the rules, so the proprietor (a large, green, hunchbacked goblin-like thing in a tattered suit) is hunting for her, mostly with his Minions. The Minions are shriveled, blackened things like voodoo dolls with oversized heads and sightless eyes. They are the souls of those who died while asleep, and they form the workforce at the hotel -- porters, cooks, housekeeping, etc. If they bite a dreamer, the dreamer turns into one of them (i.e. they die in their sleep).

At some point, Milly falls asleep in the Dream Hotel, and wakes up in a "purified" version which is made of crystal and light and encounters a group of others like her, that got "unstuck" and are also hiding in various places in the Dream Hotel. This astral meta-hotel is sort of a secret HQ for them to meet and plan and exchange information to help stay safe.

That was about all I remember, but it's definitely fertile ground. I'm looking forward to seeing my daughter flesh out the details and come up with illustrations. :)
...Wow. Yep, that would make an excellent picture book. Tell us when your daughter gets it published! ^-^

Had an odd dream. Someone supposedly broke into my car, which had several guitars and other college stuff at the time. Upon hearing that some guy broke into my car, which had my precious guitar waifus, I panicked and immediately went to check out the scene.

Dude didn't steal anything. Just put the guitars on top of the car. For some reason. Just, like, broke in and moved stuff around, left the guitars in the cases on top of the car roof. Took the change from the cupholders but that was all.

Weirdest crime ever. It even confuzzled dream me.
Waitaminute... didn't someone describe a similar scene in another thread a while ago? Like, a scene from a movie or something?
Perhaps your subconscious grabbed onto that mention and projected it into a dream?

I'm in line, waiting to get on a bus. I haven't decided if I really want to get on, but as I approach the driver to pay, a small black cat scoots past me and runs on board. My decision made for me, I pay and look inside the bus. There's the usual row of seats to the right, but on the left there's a huge room with a large swimming pool in the middle, and people reclining on deck chairs in the sunlight along the edge. I get down on my hands and knees and look for the cat, who runs straight over to me and jumps on my lap. While I stroke it, it tells me in clear English that it only got on the bus in the first place because it's never gone swimming and is eager to try. I tell it to go ahead, and it bounds over to the pool. As it leaps into the pool, it's suddenly a young girl, maybe 6 years old and fully clothed. I run after her, annoyed, telling her she needs to get some of her clothes off to swim. I help her get her shirt off and she has a bathing suit on underneath. I reach down into the water and start untying her sneakers. When I finally get them off and out of the pool, the girl is gone. She's run off again. I lay out the clothes in the sun, hoping they'll be dry before the bus reaches our stop, and look around for the girl so I can make sure she has something to wear. But she's turned back into the cat now, and is looking up at me with an amused expression.

...That ending is great. Something about that just seems really clever.
I love reading all these dreams, almost as much as I like having my own!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: October 22, 2014, 08:57:21 am »

Why did you not include my dream, Yoink? It is clearly the most dramatic of them all :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: October 22, 2014, 01:28:45 pm »

I wonder how you get interesting dreams.

My dream manages to take cool concepts and make them as boring as possible.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2114 on: October 22, 2014, 02:42:58 pm »

The worst nightmare I've ever had was a few days ago.

I'd not put my graphs into my biology coursework.

I don't tend to get nightmares, as you can see by that being the worst of them :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 338