Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 503036 times)

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2115 on: October 22, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »

I've had some conventionally terrifying nightmares, but 'I screwed up (important piece of work)' is the type that gets to me most, especially since by the time I'm stressed enough to be dreaming about that, the weird effect that makes me dream more vividly when stressed makes it almost impossible to differentiate it from reality.

Probably going to try MILD tonight, sice it comes at no cost.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: October 22, 2014, 05:13:58 pm »

Yea, took me a while to realise I had included them. I was gonna go through my notes to check.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 22, 2014, 08:10:02 pm »

Why did you not include my dream, Yoink? It is clearly the most dramatic of them all :P
Hey, there've been a lot of cool dreams over the last few pages!

Last night I dreamt that I was incredibly upset, crying and everything, to learn that the Beatles were breaking up.
Some weird dream-version of the Beatles, anyway- I think McCartney and Lennon were the only real members. That's all I remember.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:20 pm »

I had a dream about a police officer investigating a break in at Freddy's Pizzeria, who proceeded to run around the place running into robots over and over until he stumbled across the nightguard getting SKREEEE'D.

what did i do to deserve this?
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: October 22, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »

I had a dream about a police officer investigating a break in at Freddy's Pizzeria, who proceeded to run around the place running into robots over and over until he stumbled across the nightguard getting SKREEEE'D.

what did i do to deserve this?

You poor man. That must have been horrifying.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 22, 2014, 09:49:35 pm »

So my latest interesting dream was rather frighteningly awesome. So I was a police officer, and we got a call on a video phone from a woman threatening to blow up a public library or something. When we showed up the library turned out to be an enormous skyscraper or some bollocks, and this nut job was 20-something stories up. I climbed the stairs surrounding this big indoor courtyard that continued to the top floor, all the way to her last known location, telling people to get the fuck out, and then got knocked off the balcony by a gust of wind that shattered the glass on the guard rails. I fell to the bottom and picked myself up, no injuries of any sort, and nonchalantly walked outside to tell the others that I can't get in (my behavior is truly inexplicable. It's dream logic, OK?). So instead we finish evacuating the building and surrounded it to keep people away. Then we noticed in a nearby alleyway that a vent exiting the building was churning out freezing cold hurricane-force winds. Some dream-logic told me this was the manifestation of the woman inside, and she is actually a witches' ghost. Undead witch or something. I went over to the other side of the building, out on a major street, to talk to a female police officer who was admiring another vent that was exhaling snow, and wind. Then all hell broke loose: the witchy bitch turns up the wind, and the snow output, blinding us and trapping us in the middle of some god-awful vortex. We get wrapped up in a line of the standard yellow police tape and then she starts throwing semi trucks at us. So logically we jump out of the way like children in a three-legged race.

After dodging trucks for a while I'm woken up, and there are coyotes outside my cabin howling their brains out, and it's very windy. Still dark, too. Good morning world of horrible cat-eating bastard dogs, at least you can't throw semi trucks at me!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 23, 2014, 08:21:06 am »

For some reason I had a dream where I was in a different school, with a different English teacher, and that I buried her alive to avoid needing to do homework.

My dreams have been scaring the shit out of me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 23, 2014, 10:32:58 am »

I actually dreamed I had a date.
It ended just as I kissed her.
Not sure if depressing or happy...

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 23, 2014, 10:45:49 am »

That's a good ending to a date.  Its terrible when you go for a first kiss to get rejected with a cheek kiss instead.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 23, 2014, 10:52:30 am »

It would suck if my dream dates were terrible.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: October 23, 2014, 12:58:12 pm »

That's a good ending to a date.  Its terrible when you go for a first kiss to get rejected with a cheek kiss instead.
Could be worse, you could get rejected with a hand kiss. As in, you find yourself kissing the palm of their hand. As in, they slap you.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 23, 2014, 01:47:32 pm »

Had a dream where I went through some kind of brain scan, and there was a huge tumor on the frontal part of it.
Also, I remember it snowing outside.

I don't remember anything else, though...
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 23, 2014, 06:27:15 pm »

Videogame-style shootout between two teams of... chickens?

The battlefield was a dream-distorted version of my old (IRL) house, where we used to keep a bunch of chickens.
The HUD was seemingly based off of GTA Online, with the same weapon wheel and what-not. At first the combatants weren't actually chickens, just normal human characters. I have no idea what sparked the battle, perhaps it was actually a videogame in my dream.
I was doing fairly badly at first, then at one moment when a few of each team were shooting at each other I ducked into cover, switched from the shotgun to a marksman rifle, then popped out and managed to kill two or three of them with headshots. It was around this time that everyone on both teams turned into chickens, I think. Or maybe it was just my team...

The building where my house was IRL seemed to be some sort of bar/saloon which may-or-may-not have looked similar from the outside.
During a lull in fighting, I crept inside and up some stairs towards the bar, wondering if any enemies were in here as well. It was some rough-and-tumble sort of place, although I think I was the only patron at the time, I went up some dimly-lit stairs and reached the bar, and the lady behind the bar told me something about a display through a door to my left, where they'd preserved part of the place how it was in the good old days when it was really crazy.

So I went through this door to have a look, pushing it cautiously open with my gun hand, ducking my head to make myself a smaller target in case any hostiles were watching. I stepped out onto an enclosed verandah packed with tables and booths, all very battered and messy, with a knife stabbed into a tabletop and everything kept as though a brawl had taken place.
Through the windows lining the walls I could see the yard on three sides, and my team of heavily-armed chickens standing guard on our side. I think this is about when I woke up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 25, 2014, 01:34:07 pm »

My dream was rather weird. I was flying around Mordor watching Orcs muster.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2129 on: October 25, 2014, 11:02:08 pm »

Videogame-style shootout between two teams of... chickens?
I've had dreams where the layout of my house was instead the backdrop for a colony/generation ship, so massive, there's a visible atmosphere inside, even oceans felt like oceans within the cistern (or a blue carpet floor, with a bed being a megastructure), and the doorways and windows still served their functions, although the ceiling fans were starbases of sorts, mounted on the top end of the ship/room. Just as well, the tiles on the floors were city blocks, couches, chairs, pictures, and etc. were megastructures with cities on them, or giant bases/tall-farms, and to fill in the negative space, we have our regular air/space traffic. It was a trip to look at; even the shape of the house plays a part in the overall framework of the ship's design.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 338