Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497645 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2175 on: November 14, 2014, 04:35:30 pm »

I had the most bizarre dreams the last few nights.

Spoiler: Previously... (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Even longer ago (click to show/hide)

I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: November 16, 2014, 12:07:01 pm »

I had a dream last night. I don't remember most of it, but I think it involved some fantasy video game I have.

Oh, and KosS. I distinctly remember his misspelled name in it.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: November 16, 2014, 12:13:35 pm »

I think mine was about me trying to play SS13...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: November 16, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »

Finally had one worth getting yet another thread on my notifications for. It had nothing to do with anything the day before, brain wat u doin.

Okay.

I dreamed that Pixar made a sequel to Monster's Inc, and that I was watching it. Except, it was an action movie. With Liam Neeson levels of violence. It took place several years in the future, when the little girl is grown up (and SpecOps.) I can't remember what the plot was, or if there even was one, but they were breaking into some kind of clandestine facility, guns blazing, and Mike Wazowski got an awesome one-liner before a grenade kill. I don't remember what it was either, and since it was on dream logic it probably made no goddamn sense.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: November 17, 2014, 12:00:23 am »

I want to see that movie so bad...

Take my money! I only have $0.76 but take it and give me that movie!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: November 18, 2014, 02:31:30 pm »

Had two dreams one was a bit of a nightmare, but had some meaning.
the nightmare was some woodcutter was using a guillotine-like ring to chop logs, but just off to their side there was a person standing inbeteen the surfaces of a crusher that uses walls to smash things, waiting for the walls to crush them, they looked awfully familiar.
My mother an i were watching the person in the cursher, the device activated and I shrieked, but there wasn't any boom.
Mom told me to look, but I refused, however my dreamed showed me that some shimmering figure had stopped the crusher's walls from harming that person.

I awoke and I could feel a bit of my burdens were 'lighter', I think this was my mind's way of telling me that my world feels like it's imploding from all sides, but I just need to bhave faith that something good will happen and prevent any extreme harm.

The next dream was a fusion of video games I've played and i had to play my character into these safe-zones so that an aerial dark being couldn't find and devour them, the creature would pass overheard every so many steps taken by the character, was wierd and felt nightmarish but honestly felt like a good game to play, lol.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: November 18, 2014, 11:49:03 pm »

I had a semi-lucid dream last night where I realized I am dreaming and instead of doing jack shit about it I just went around using telekinesis and showing my powers to people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: November 18, 2014, 11:52:21 pm »

Can't remember the last time I lucid dreamed, but I always seem to end up flying, though never able to properly control speed or direction, since if I concentrate on it too hard I wake up.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: November 19, 2014, 12:07:39 pm »

I must have been feeling festive last night, because I had the most bizarre Christmas-related dream. The explanation was that it was a movie I was watching.

There was this little girl, an orphan, living in a pseudo-subway-underground-dwelling-arc in a futuristic city. There was also a gang of little boys living down there pretending to be tough shit (typical city children) who would pick on her. Then on Christmas eve shit hit the fan; demons started coming out of the sky and whatever else and attacking people, so the devil, in the form of a scraggly hobo, shows up and kidnaps the little girl, because she has a marble that will let him defeat God or something. The little boys try to save her, with the help of Jesus, also in the form of a scraggly hobo but notably more of a hippy than a terrifying drunk. So by the end of the movie they track the devil down to some house in the upper city, just as he's going through a portal to take all God's nice things, and take the marble from him before he can use it on a mirror in God's really tiny apartment. Also, God looked like Saruman from LoTR. End of movie.

There was a woman with a tiny monkey in there somewhere, but I can't remember how she fit into all this... I blame Vorthon for linking to that evil monkey lady thing.
I make Spellcrafts!

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: November 19, 2014, 01:09:34 pm »

Dreamed I was walking one of those boardwalk trails in Yellowstone (only been there once, would have expected Yosemite) when suddenly it was all Left 4 Dead. Only instead of zombies, we were swarmed by critters, and everyone was unarmed. Woke up when a buffalo knocked me into one of those volcanic hotsprings of death.

Also dreamt that I got my French midterm back, and had a terrible score, and because of the similarity of the dream to my daily routine (these are the most insidious, terrifying dreams), didn't realize it was a dream until I asked my prof about it.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 01:13:26 pm by HugoLuman »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: November 20, 2014, 04:59:30 pm »

I dreamed I was going on a tour to Toady's house for some reason or another[Dream me didn't remember he lived in an apartment]. I opened the door and there were stairs. Toady was standing at the top of the stairs. I went up the stairs, but the stair rails sort of curved inwards like an hourglass so, in the very middle of the steps, I had to squeeze between them because they were so close. I got stuck and it took me a while to get out. Toady kept standing there smiling at me. Then I got to the top and asked him a question about DF. He answered me with a question: Why is the government in Star Trek called the Federation? I responded with "Because democracy". Then Toady yelled "DEMOCRACY IS LORD" and threw me back down the stairs, where I got stuck on the inwardly curving stair rails again.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: November 20, 2014, 05:07:28 pm »

Toady as the bridgestairkeeper?

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: November 20, 2014, 08:28:39 pm »

"What, is your name?"

"Urist McForumGoer!"

"What, is your quest?"

"I seek DF 1.0!"

"What, is the average swimming velocity of an unladen carp?"

"What, you mean an African or European carp?"

"...I...I don't know that!"

*toady is thrown down the stairs*
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: November 20, 2014, 08:29:55 pm »

"What, is your name?"

"Urist McForumGoer!"

"What, is your quest?"

"I seek DF 1.0!"

"What, is the average swimming velocity of an unladen carp?"

"What, you mean an African or European carp?"

"...I...I don't know that!"

*toady is thrown down the stairs*
Sigging.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: November 21, 2014, 05:47:23 pm »

I had a dream that I was in some weird apartment/factory/warehouse building, and some orcs came in and tied everyone up. They left to go do something so I quickly ran into a room with a ladder going downstairs (that didn't exist moments before) and sneaked around trying to do something, at some point everything went dark and I heard hulk yelling.

I could see again, I was semi-lucid at this point, so I tried to increase the size of my muscles, but I failed to do so. I had a bag full of what I think was meat and I ran back into the room with the people, the orcs were back so I attacked them with my meat bag. Every time I hit them the part I hit would explode into gore, fairly quickly everyone was dead. The people that were tied up mysteriously disappeared. I gained full lucidity and attempted something but trying to do so woke me up.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 338