Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504307 times)

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2370 on: February 25, 2015, 12:24:30 pm »

I've been having a lot of bad dreams lately, but I had one last night which was at least semi-normal, so
I'll just talk about it here before I end up forgetting.

The dream seemed to be a pretty normal day in the life of an IronTomato, except whenever I tried to walk anywhere my legs would fail to work. Like my upper body was extremely heavy for some reason, I could barely stand up, and I had to do move around with my knees bent so much that I may as well have been scooting around on my ass. This isn't the first time I've had this kind of dream, either. It's happened a few times over the course of a few years.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 26, 2015, 01:19:41 pm »

Well I had a interesting dream last night, early in my dream I went into my basement, it had become a gigantic room and I was the hulk, there was another hulk with me, we did hulky things and eventually the dream turned into TF2 and then turned into some kind of weird paper doodle thing.

Now I was in a building with some people I jump inside through the window even though it was still closed. The people living there were a bit confused and we talked a bit. I decided it was time for me to leave so I attempted to go through the window again, this time however I broke it, the people were a bit upset so I decided to fix the window by squeezing at the broken areas with my fingers, eventually the only broken part left was were my arm was stuck, I decided the only solution was to cut it off. I eventually cut through my arm and discover that the window had changed and that I could get my arm out just by pushing on the window a bit. I do so and re-attach my arm, I could still see the mark were it was cut though.

In the morning I decided to join these people on their trip to a ski slope thing, we were on a train and eventually we got to a town...There were large flaming rocks falling from the sky and fire had consumed the town, the train began to break up parts of it going flying over us and around us until finally, we stopped moving. We immediately freak out and I try to fix the situation somehow, but it was too late, lava had begun to fill up the train car we were in, then we died.

And I went back in time to when we were getting on the train, I warned the people that this train was going into a region with volcanic activity, they didn't seem to care so I went with them to try and to convince them to not go. When we got to the town again I decided it was too late to save them so I jumped out, and I was immediately told to get on the ground by a police officer wielding a shotgun and wearing no pants. He was almost instantly killed by another police officer that had killed three others, he then pointed his gun at me.

I don't remember much but I remember the dream shifting to some kind of weird court room with humans talking cats and a few dogs.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 26, 2015, 03:20:46 pm »

nomoetoe, what have we told you about drugs? Stop taking hallucinogens. They are bad for your brain.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

HooliganintheFort

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 26, 2015, 06:27:07 pm »

Drugs are bad, but the plant however...  :P

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2374 on: February 27, 2015, 01:39:35 pm »

I had a dream where I was swimming in the nearby river (despite there being no swimming signs at the park), and some dolphins decided to swim around me and hang out. They were quite friendly, and allowed me to pet them. Not really much else to the dream besides enjoying a swim, despite the crap weather and freezing water lately.

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: February 27, 2015, 02:58:17 pm »

I had a very interesting dream yesterday. There was a world war about to happen, with two main factions, NATO members versus Russia, China, India and a bunch of countries south of china. Me and my family decided to hide in a Chinese bunker (I have no idea if it was in china or if it was just owned by Chinese people). I think we were somewhere to the west of china, kinda where the Himalayas would've been except it was not there. At some point during the war there was no ocean and the continents were floating landmasses. They fought by throwing giant fireballs at eachother at this point. Later, in the bunker, I was playing a video game with my sister, with a street fighter like gameplay. I remember that one of the character, a woman with orange skin, was completely overpowered. Later in the dream, I was playing minecraft with others, we had to find and capture lizards, birds, insects and other small critters to make the characters in the previous game stronger. I eventually left the bunker. There was a fog so thick outside that I was barely able to see myself. Me and my brother went exploring, finding that we were in the Caribbean. We used a pirate ship to sail the sea and remove the fog, while avoiding the Kraken. I learned that a well known celebrity was the descendant of a well known pirate, all of his family were sitting in a cinema in chronological order, with the oldest being at the top. After the war, most of the world agreed to fence off "aggressive" nations. A giant wall was built around the united states and everything south except the southern half of Argentina, the eastern half of africa, excluding south Africa, the whole middle east and everything south of china on the continent. The united state responded to their isolation by converting most of their territory into farmland and protecting the rich and powerful behind walls. Canadians were laughing at them, claiming their moral superiority.

That dream kinda reminds me another one I had, in which springfields (From the simpsons) joined totalitarian mexico to be protected by their forcefield from a rising wave of crime, just before portals to alien dimensions started opening all over the world which caused the collapse of most of the civilized world.
FArgHalfnr for the #1 eldrich monstrocity.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: February 28, 2015, 02:04:03 pm »

I had another dream, in it I was a nun, during the dream my gender kept changing randomly it was weird, eventually I got to where I was supposed to be and I jumped about 100 feet into the air to get over a pool, after landing I looked back and said "This never happened." I then go inside and see another nun sitting down, I go over and sit by her, suddenly there is a huge amount of people around us laughing, I get angry and smash a stereo system that I pull out of nowhere and everyone gets angry, I also got fired.

At this point I was in a cliff fighting off a siege with a friend of mine who was also a nun, I would use my telekinesis to deflect the incoming fire balls and arrows, but before I could unleash a wave of cold and death a dragon came out of nowhere and spewed fire where I was, I hid behind a wall and then I attacked the dragon but my attack failed. I got back to hide but the dragon just comes through the wall.

It isn't a dragon anymore, its head was like that of a shark, a human like body, large clawed arms, no legs and on one side its ribs were really elongated, it was also a skeleton, It didn't make any noise, it just slowly moved towards me as if it knew I had no chance of escape, I kicked at it, I punched it, I tried to keep it back, but it just kept coming, when it got close it moved to crush my head with its powerful jaws, when it was less then a foot away I somehow lift my leg up to try to hold it back, but was no good, it didn't even slow down, then it was upon me.

My dream shifted away from there to a zombie apocalypse. Not much happened in it though.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:45:08 pm by nomoetoe »
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: February 28, 2015, 06:44:30 pm »

So, a little backstory first. About a week ago I found a dead deer in the middle of the road. I stopped to pull it off the road, and didnt really think anything of it for the next couple days.
Suddenly, a couple days ago I have a dream in which I hit a deer on the highway. I stopped and went to move the deer off the road, but when I wrapped my arms around its ribs and began to pull, it instantly shat out a premature fawn. I immediately panicked and decided I must save this fawn at all costs, but all I could think to do was clear its airway and stuff it up next to mom's crotch and hope it instinctively knows what to do while I clean it off, because I sure as hell don't. I spend a few minutes panicking while trying to do that and somebody else on the road stops and berates me about how I don't know what I'm doing and then I wake up sweating. Fucking hell, man.

Then last night I had a dream in which there were tame domestic deer all over the place, and I just had to mess with all of them. Run up and headbutt them, hug them, tackle them to the ground, corral them into a pasture with the horses and feed them, give them names and pet them... And then butcher a few of them. They just kind of stood there and munched on grass or whatever and looked at me regardless of what I did unless I wanted them to move or something.

It's deer all the way down.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 01, 2015, 04:43:12 am »

Eric, have you noticed anything strange with yourself? Perhaps antlers or backwards-way-round knees?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: March 02, 2015, 02:31:34 pm »

Had one of those extremely elaborate dream last night. It was mostly about Final fantasy 6 with a bit about the previous games and other old games, one of the main theme was of achieving something in multiple different ways. It was way too long to be posted whole so instead I'll put some highlights from it:

• I tried to use the main villain as my character multiple times, only to be insulted by the game. It's weird that the game offered the option if I was not allowed to use it. I eventually succeeded. It was ambiguous if I was a good guy or not afterwards (this seems to be a common theme in my dreams).
  • I earned a non standard game over by becoming a werewolf and infecting one of my teammates. I did this in many different ways, one of which involved eating an infected corpse. The game over showed a cutscene in which I had formed a pack and fought the SWAT.
  • As the main antagonist, I reached godhood in a huge amount of different ways, including eating a fetus, getting infected by a super-virus, genetic modifications, becoming obi-wan's apprentice, becoming the emperor of the evil empire and a bunch of other ways I forgot.
  • Not wanting to play Final fantasy 2 because the trailer was horrible.
  • Failing to get into final fantasy 1 because I kept getting lost (This actually happened IRL too).
  • Using the super-virus mentioned previously as a reliable source of food in front of two enemy scientist on the 97th floor of a lab to scare them.
  • Having a war between good and evil, the good side was the republic from star wars while the evil side had giant black worms and ant men.
  • Getting chosen by obi-wan as an apprentice again by being the weakest of all, which I accomplished by being a fetus
  • As the main villain, having an internal debate to decide where I should put my evil fortress, before deciding to place it between the evil empire and the good guy's country so I could nuke them both.
  • Ruining the world with the magical equivalent of nuclear missiles. I praised them as being completely superior to death lasers.
  • Again as the big bad, I failed to take the role of main antagonist, instead becoming the fanatic follower of a minor villain.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: March 06, 2015, 03:47:07 am »

I had a dream last night where I could talk to ghosts... in my dreams, or something?
I'm not quite sure but I remember walking through my old city, and for whatever reason I was now able to see the ghosts of people who had died in the area. I know a lot of the dream was set on the Story Bridge, a popular spot for suicides right near my house. Can't remember much of the dream now, since I've been awake for close to twelve hours, but I was escatic (Is that spelled right? My spellchecker is telling me it's wrong, but not offering any alternatives) about this newfound ability, and quickly sought out a family friend named John, who died a few years back.

I was always sad that I'd never gotten to know him better. He was happy to talk to me, both about his life and my newfound abilities.
It was a nice dream. I honestly thought, whilst I was dreaming it (and probably shortly afterwards), that it was real and I was able to talk to ghosts. Was rather sad when I realised it was just a dream.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: March 06, 2015, 09:16:22 am »

I had a dream, where I was at the top of a tower-like structure, with battlements, with a lot of extremely short people. I remember there being a lot of chaos, and either me or somone else pulling a lever, letting down a bridge. The group I was in rushed over the bridge, right before a giant shark leapt out of the moat and through the bridge.

The weirdest thing? This was in 2004. That's right, I had a dream about DF, right around the time that Toady came up with it.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2382 on: March 07, 2015, 11:29:42 am »

Had a dream where I saw a UFO (your general flying saucer variety) make an appearance. I waved at it in a friendly manner, and it flew up to me, and was about the size of a dish after it went up to me (essentially shrunk on it's way), orbited me as if it was curious about why I wasn't scared of it, unlike everyone else that would see it, and for some reason, it mounted itself on my back, and I felt like I was being "read" thoroughly, and being possessed by it for a moment, scaring everyone else around me, but I assured everyone not to worry (though they wouldn't buy it). After it detatched from me, it pulsed a bit, and a squadron of them came from down the street, but keeping their large size (the size of houses and condos), and for no real reason, a heavy storm was forming, and a tornado appeared over the ocean. Despite how startling the encounter was, I felt we could trust them. Then I woke up.

It's funny how when weird shit happens, in dreamworlds or reality, I don't react like anyone else. Maybe that's why the UFOs were actually rather peaceful around me in the dream. If I could trust them, they could trust me. Looking up the dream meanings, UFOs represent alienation; I'm often alienated (even if I feel I can be at home somewhere, I'm still an "outsider"/exile no matter how long I spend around people (even friends I've known for eons, or even family friends). I never fit in or belong; and always feel at risk of being thrown under the bus for any reason, meaningful or petty.), and I welcome those also alienated easily. I know how they feel. Being read by them, I think they wanted to be sure I wasn't being controlled by anything/anyone else. Seems they have enemies of their own that take our form (secret societies their enemy? Are they a peace-loving exo-species/race that happens to run into a violently racist alien race (us humans)?). Would explain why they tend to be armed to the teeth even on their scouts, and usually disable all our nukes first thing upon contact. Makes me feel like we humans ARE the real monsters. Their curiosity rose because I showed no signs of wanting to do any harm, and not cowering in fear like 99% of those they contact).

Maybe I read too much into my dreams.

Spoiler: EDIT: (condensed) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:35:56 pm by Itnetlolor »

FArgHalfnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 07, 2015, 02:39:31 pm »

snip

I don't believe imagination and such is dead, it still exist in the various mediums of art we have. I think science allow us to expand our collective imagination, all the things scientists discover can be used for storymaking. The best example would be aliens.

And for terrorism, I believe the same, they are more threatening because of the fact that there are people using them as an excuse to remove our rights that because of the harm they can do.

...It feels like the world is turning into shit :(. Everything feels so restricting in this society, and it only seems to become worse. We all have to fit in a perfect mold otherwise we are labeled as "weird" or even "crazy".

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2384 on: March 07, 2015, 03:24:46 pm »

snip
I don't believe imagination and such is dead, it still exist in the various mediums of art we have. I think science allow us to expand our collective imagination, all the things scientists discover can be used for storymaking. The best example would be aliens.

And for terrorism, I believe the same, they are more threatening because of the fact that there are people using them as an excuse to remove our rights that because of the harm they can do.

...It feels like the world is turning into shit :( . Everything feels so restricting in this society, and it only seems to become worse. We all have to fit in a perfect mold otherwise we are labeled as "weird" or even "crazy".
Even worse, anything can be taken as pretentious, just because someone disagrees with you, or they require you to prove yourself, which forces you into a position that makes you sound pretentious, whereas you're defending yourself, a premise, or an idea, or a method that worked with or without explanation. Simply put, it's impossible to win, even if you do win, you lose. Make things worse, I develop any of my ideas, I'll be in the crosshairs of every copyright, realist, and plothole fault-finders and the like. Why can't we just come up with something, and explain it simply "because I thought it was [insert simple reason here].". Everyone must be superior. Why can't we be individual, even if we're the same? I am uncomfortable how much hitting a reset button/mass-extinction/universal genocide would come handy in shutting everyone up. Even moreso, if God really did exist and love us, why hasn't He mercy killed us yet (by waking up, if we're His dream)?

EDIT:
Just as well, looking back through some Old Testament (and ancient legends/myths), why can't we have crazy stuff like that happening again, if taken literally (giants/insane phenomena/artifacts of immense power, like the Ark of the Covenant; It was scary as fuck, when you think about it, but the past was scary-awesome)? Sometimes, I wonder, provided God does/still exist, when did God abandon us? I am/was a faithful person, and I've yet to see anything prove His existence or influence anymore. I mean, I don't know who lost faith in who first, Man or God. I think Revelations is more a story of God abandoning us without warning (as if He lost faith in Man, like a disappointed parent), leaving us to our own devices, now I think about it.

EDIT EDIT:
More often than not, back to the main topic, I been feeling like my silence speaks louder than anything I can ever say at any volume. To have no voice is my voice. No action is my best action.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 03:56:23 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 338