Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504265 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #2595 on: June 26, 2015, 04:50:35 pm »

Ooooh, spooky.

Also seemed a bit Coraline in the middle.
One wheel short of a wagon

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: June 28, 2015, 09:40:23 am »

Tons of crazy dreams last night. Here's the three primary dreams I remember.

Spoiler: dream 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dream 2 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: dream 3 (click to show/hide)
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2597 on: June 28, 2015, 08:44:39 pm »

Went to sleep after S.T.A.L.K.E.R. dreamed of a blowout, with red skies and freaky horrors trying to kill me whilst this one Russian guy sung "don't stop me now" in Russian with an acoustic guitar

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: June 29, 2015, 12:27:37 pm »

In my dream I was a cop.
I was in a grocery store getting stuffs to see my dreamkid, mostly a metric fuckton of candy (must be one of those buy in bulk people) and then the hilarity started.

I got a citation. As a cop. The citation was over pixie sticks.

And then the alien invasion happened ala XCOM, and the dream started being about me killing aliens to sell thin man bladders to Chinese restaurants.

Moral of the story: society is perfectly ok with their law officials trafficking in blackmarket alien body parts, but if they DARE to BUY candy then society must step in.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: June 29, 2015, 12:43:49 pm »

Analysis: you feel judged, and that people get away with big things more than small ones. And are anxious that the cops are stealing our organs and selling them to aliens for candy money. You may feel slightly responsible for this.
One wheel short of a wagon

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: June 29, 2015, 01:18:20 pm »

My Aunt accidentally sold my brother for Witch T.V. gold. The witch picked the wrong brother - apparently I was the Ultra-Powerful Rune Caster that it was after. I looked around the house and saw runes glowing blue. Protective wards and attack wards painted by my ancestors flared up and taught me their secrets in the blink of an eye. The witch was leaving through the door, leaving my Aunt with the Aztec gold on the sofa the Witch had zapped out of the T.V. Once it had left, I painted a ward on the door which dragged the witch, screaming, back until it was stuck on it, scrabbling with her legs. Some stuff happened, which was blurry, then I woke up.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:30 am »

It's been a while since I remembered my dreams.
I dreamt that Hitler gave me psychic powers and I used them to lift egg yolks.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: July 03, 2015, 11:13:00 am »

So last night I dreamed my brother was the Antichrist, and I was a demon hunter, and I had to duel him to prevent him summoning Satan or whatever. Of course I had to take residence in this specific rental homes place, that had everything from crappy apartments to trailers to mansions, to get him to actually come fight me. And of course he could transform into an enormous tiger. I had one of the security guards to help me, and he brought a dude that transforms into an ugly blue bird of some sort. I eventually killed them both, after losing the security officer, right as the cops showed up.

I also dreamed that there was a tornado buzzing through the mountain valleys nearby and after going through all the valleys around us repeatedly and losing strength it finally flopped over our cabin and disintegrated. It made me very nervous though...
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: July 04, 2015, 05:53:08 pm »

Had a crack dream where Sony basically turned into Nintendo.
They bought the rights to Sonic & Co along with Axiom Verge and some other nintendo equivalent IPs and just started churning out sequels... AND EVERYONE LOVED IT.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: July 04, 2015, 06:38:40 pm »

It's been a while since I remembered my dreams.
I dreamt that Hitler gave me psychic powers and I used them to lift egg yolks.

That's funny. I dreamed that Hitler told me the funniest joke in the world

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: July 05, 2015, 03:24:29 am »

Can't remember dreams from last night or anything, but a few days ago I dreamt that my housemate and I were running some sort of record store.
It was actually kinda cool.

Edit: I half-remember a dream I had last night where I was defending a room full of some sort of sacred bones (possibly possessing magical powers granted by whatever god/gods we served), along with a team of others. We came under attack from whoever was attempting to destroy the relics, they bypassed us and we rushed into the room the stuff was stored in (is there a proper word for this? I was thinking 'reliquary', but that means an actual container.) only to find that our foes had shapeshifted to disguise themselves as bones, scattered about on display along with the relics and effectively camouflaging themselves amongst them.
We were hurriedly trying to figure out a way to tell them apart before the relics could be destroyed, and then I woke up.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:12:47 pm by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2606 on: July 09, 2015, 06:52:21 pm »

I had this dream today about how I was a master sniper, and half the people I know were the "bad guys" and the other half were "my side". I then had to kill the "bad guys".

One guy attempted to kill me from several hundred feet away with a revolver, but another survived being shot with a rocket launcher from about a foot away.

Additionally, the dream started off as me and a bunch of other people, inexplicably packing assault rifles and other military grade weaponry to a party at some gigantic house, and the "bad guys" were zombies, but halfway through they just started being generic bad guys who were alive and well and we started killing each other in the hallways of a public school.

This was all less disturbing than it should have been.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: July 09, 2015, 09:58:22 pm »

Dream was wtf last night. Aside from talking to my parents, there was a scene where I decided I enjoyed a cherry flavored wine. I hate cherries, in all of their dastardly forms. I hate alcohol. Why would dream brain decide cherry wine is a good idea?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: July 11, 2015, 11:52:03 pm »

Fantasy setting with a big ol' war going on between a bunch of different armies, whose uniforms were seemingly colour-coded, like in Bladestorm or Planetside 2. There were a few different human factions, some of which weren't entirely at war with one another (I think?) and an army of zombies, skeletons and human soldiers led by a duo of necromancers: a man, who looked like a vampiric version of Tywin Lannister, and a creepy young woman who I believe was his daughter.

I can't remember which army I'd been with earlier in the dream, but once I encountered the other factions properly I shifted my allegiance to the necromancers, since they seemed both the most sensible and the most powerful. Also they looked cool.
I threw my lot in with them and helped the daughter (who at that point was leading the army herself) strike at an enemy base and free her father from a tomb where he had been bound 'n' banished for... a long time. Part of the reason I turned coats to serve them was, well, vampires, and I figured he would be very greatful to those who freed him, possibly enough to grant me immortality. Also his daughter was kinda hot.

Towards the end of the dream, once battle was starting back up again between all the factions, I encountered a group of soldiers (possibly mercenaries?) I had known earlier, from a few different human armies. Despite being more-or-less on different sides, I found them having a friendly chat off to one side of the battlefield. (Hence why I don't think all the factions were entirely at war.)
They greeted me with some annoying joke (I don't think I liked these guys in the first place) and I drew my blade and attacked them. They backed off for a bit- the combat seemed to be quite unrealistic and videogame-y, so a fight could take a while without someone dying, and an attack wasn't as serious as you'd think- and asked what was going on, I explained that I fought for the necromancers.

To that they were somewhat sympathetic, they said they hadn't realised one of the zombies had gotten its hands on me. I was somewhat puzzled, and insisted that no zombies had got their dirty hands on me. After a moment I realised that the undead troops of the necromancer's army could actually turn humans (not make them undead, just force them to serve the necromancer) by touching them with a bare hand, and my ex-comrades were confused as to why anyone would actually choose to fight for the vampire.

"They're the most sane and relatable of all the factions vying for control!" Said I, then lunged at them.
I thought that was rather witty. :P The dream ended a little while after that. Was a fun ride. Wish I could remember more of it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: July 12, 2015, 12:15:29 am »

whose uniforms were seemingly colour-coded,
Which faction had cyan? Any of them?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 338