Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504938 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #3675 on: September 27, 2017, 09:04:28 am »

My younger brother was running a massive modded Minecraft server.  Lots of people were working towards a big industrial megaproject stretching into the sky, others on personal stuff.  It was really neat!

I especially liked how falling liquids, viewed from distance, were rendered as photo-realistic.  The top of the megaproject had shimmering waterfalls of water, seed oil, and lava XD
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: September 27, 2017, 04:31:32 pm »

Bloody stupid person(referring to a character in my dream). In a zombie apocalypse, why would you leave the door open?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: September 28, 2017, 10:16:54 pm »

A womn beget a child to me, only for them to die at birth.
The dream ended.
××××××××××××××××××

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3678 on: September 29, 2017, 02:27:59 am »

What a fucking nightmare. Can't remember the last time I had one that actually made me fear. The dream starts with myself sleeping in a hotel with a group of about a dozen acquaintances, when I notice that the 3 closest to me are all dead. To not alarm everyone I tell the guy in charge the horrible news, but I'm completely freaked out when one of the bodies gets up and starts walking away. I sit back down while waiting for help to arrive. The three dead bodies remaining are all around me, and they've all sat up, they're covered in white cloths and they're all staring at me.
One of my friends asks me if I'm all right, and I say yes, but they're still all looking at me.

Things take a considerable turn for the worse the next day when they begin talking. The nightmare goes on for what seemed like 4 days in a European city, wherein I started to believe I was going mad arguing with the dead - who were getting louder, more aggressive, harder to ignore and worst of all, harder to separate as fiction from reality. The pattern would repeat everyday. It seemed like I was on a holiday in this dream, and was trying to enjoy everything from the hotel to the beaches, but every sequence of the dream I grew more and more convinced that I had gone insane because I started entertaining conversation and argument with these spirits, much to the consternation of the people around me. For example often in this nightmare I would say something in response to the hallucination, and one of the people around me would act confused as to what question I was asking. In one particular instance I told them to shut up, which alarmed the people in my room as all were already quiet. On the 4th day of this I finally concluded that I had gone truly mad and I asked my friend, (whom for context, has a medicine background), if they had noticed how I had not seemed myself for the past 4 days. They concurred, I seemed considerably more distressed. Behind his shoulder spoke one of the spirits, which I ignored. Just as I'm about to ask for his help, we are interrupted by a man in a high-visibility jacket telling us we've been fined for illegal parking, breaking a red light and so on, we both indignantly reply that is impossible as we do not even have a car here, being on holiday. After we see his smile we realize he was joking, and he was just a tourist guide.

Interestingly, he points out a tower - one which I'd seen and been within in a previous dream (though it was a considerably more pleasant dream than this). I walked within the circular staircase tower, and this was the first time in the dream where the presumed hallucinations did not follow. Within this nightmare I recognized this tower as one I had been in before, yet this is a tower that does not exist in real life, and I was not aware within the nightmare that what was taking place was a dream or that I had only ever seen the tower in a dream.
The previous dream I saw this tower in, I ascended to the top in a mock pilgrimage, the tower itself being dedicated to a great chessboard whose each piece was an astral sign led by the Sun King. Within the previous dream this was all very sincere, with the tower being imbued with this spectacular, awe-inducing scale of cosmic proportions, but in this nightmare it was mundane, a limestone pillar whose very exciting quality was that it was so mundane - the tourist guide remarking that my appreciation for the tower was puzzling. As I returned down and exited the tower I noticed the astral chessboard pieces, only in this dream they were no longer composed of stars, being now human-sized statues carved of red stone, my eye being drawn to the two Knight pieces and the King. The first Knight was a Lion with a fish's body, the Sealion, the second was a fish covered in spines which I at once recognized as the Lionfish. It was at this point when I revealed that I believed I had gone just a bit mad, with my one consolation being that I was sure I had not completely lost the plot yet, but with the hallucinations not ceasing after 4 days it seemed to be more than a passing issue or fever induced vision. We both concurred it'd be best to cancel the holiday and seek help, but misfortune strikes as a storm stops us from leaving. On this final part of the dream, which had all seemed so real, I looked to a river that had been piled with three layers of sandbags all to slow a river down so as to render it safer after unusually heavy rainfall, standing under a roof which did near to nought as the rain fell horizontally from the force of the wind.

It all comes to an end when in this terrifying storm when my friend, who had been hitherto helping me, falls down a sloped riverbank and is having his life threatened by a 3 legged wolf. In between him and I, the only thing stopping me from reaching his hand, is the first ghost. I made it there in the end, grabbing his hand and cursing to the heavens how shit this all is, swearing that if the wolf got any closer I'd break its skull, defying all the dead people telling me I was going to die here and fail to save my friend - when suddenly there is no rain, I clubbed the wolf with the ghost, and my view switched to a third person of myself watching a film of myself, with the contents of the nightmare being that film I was watching with my friend. I then said the film was good apart from the strange ending, whose tone didn't match the rest of the film, to which my friend agreed. The film was a Romantic-Comedy with multiple editings, some of which I remember as being a USSR version, one under my name, a Microsoft version, American comedy version, music video, plague pastoral and about 18 other made-up genres I can't remember.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: October 12, 2017, 10:57:32 am »

Today I had an incredibly weird and scary dream. It was basically me trying to remove a couple of browser hijackers, and my mom saying how my computer is already doomed. We argued about how doomed is our computer, with me who was trying to calm her down and saying "'Tis but a hijacker, mom. Calm down!" But the worst, and the final part of the dream, was when mom literally grabbed and pulled me away from the computer, saying that she wants to play a video game. So I screamed so loud at her, the dream became all blurry, and I woke up IRL, worrying that I screamed IRL. Didn't know I was secretly a Cthulhuloid with an ability to destroy dreams with my super-screams.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: October 13, 2017, 06:52:23 pm »

Burger King: The Movie. There's a crown that transforms the wearer into the Burger King, a mansion the guy owns, an evil wolf monster, a cellar with a chest full of sticks(now that I loaded the sticks into it), a cartoon dog, and some brat child who wants to own the mansion badly.

I seem to dream every night now that I repeat the mantra "I'm not dreaming" while I'm awake, but it's not helping me remember detail.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: October 17, 2017, 08:03:55 am »

I had a spectacularly strange dream last night in three segments. Most of it seems to have been brought on by the things I did while staying up way too late last night.

It began with a Dungeons & Dragons game played in a very small, cluttered room. We didn't have a specialized board, so we got out a board game board printed with something that bore a striking resemblance to Bosnia. It had no grid on which to situate miniatures, adding to the confusion. The game itself involved a siege on some kind of Serbian castle in which two Croatian men tried to sneak in by hiding themselves in a large black duffel bag.

A brief interlude then occurred. This was supposedly a scene in Everybody Loves Raymond, a show I have never watched but which I am told is awful. However, I'm pretty sure that, in real life, Raymond was not played by Sean Hayes. "Raymond" had a discussion with some guy about getting laid or something like that. A stark interruption told me that the original version of this episode introduced a stoner character who was unpopular with audiences, and I went on to view this original episode, in which some kind of stereotypical 70s hippie woman came in and shouted something along the lines of "DUUUUUDE WEED LMAO", albeit much longer.

A rather startling transition then occurred. I was talking to an old friend of mine I met a few years ago, with whom contact has been rather sparse over the years. In the dream, they revealed to me that they intended to join the military, and they would be unable to contact me until they got out. They also told me in great detail that they met a guy I knew in high school, who had apparently practically greeted my friend by describing how he knew me back in high school. The entire time I was talking to my friend, I was sitting inside a large cardboard box, speaking to them through a hole cut in it. Toward the end of the dream, I threw the box off and went over to share a heartfelt hug, but I woke up before this happened.

I realized when I woke up that my friend not only is not the type of person to join the military at all, but has several very good reasons not to do so. I also realized that the guy I knew in high school never joined the military, and in fact often made fun of the people who were tunnel-visioned on joining the military after getting out of school.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3682 on: October 17, 2017, 04:37:56 pm »

I was on board a space station run by the United Nations under the protection of a powerful alien species, with one issue - the alien species was considering withdrawing its protection. Everyone in the room fought to be the one negotiating with these aliens, and I lost. In the ensuing chaos however an irresponsible wizard caused all the mannequins on board the space station to become animated, upon which the inhabitants of the station reacted with intense panic and began destroying the mannequins. In the nick of time, I realized they were not merely animated, but possessed of minds, and I managed to suggest that destroying all of them was probably a dick move

ironsnake345

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOMAIN:REFERENCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: October 17, 2017, 04:55:58 pm »

I dreamed that I was playing a bizarre mashup of Mario, Kirby and LOZ.
That's about all I remember. There were mystery blocks and the main character was Link (he could jump for some reason) and the world was being attacked by Kirby bosses.
I think I just retroactively murdered a less lucky version of myself from a parallel universe. Also do I still have a baguette?
Are my memes dank enough for you?
Thanks to the internet-cromancer, my internet has been revived. I'm back, baby!

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: October 17, 2017, 07:25:56 pm »

Last night, I went to sleep with a number of radio programmes cued up to play in my earphones. It took until I listened to them properly this evening for me to realise how much the dreams were driven by what I was hearing.

The whole segment with the bus that had the gelato mattress (apparently, big fans of gelato really like laying down on it) was almost entirely driven by a report about actual gelato. Except for the bit with the bus and the mattress. No idea where ghat came from. (The bit of audio that would have been played before that was about Kurdish fighters, and I didn't get much of that in there... And they never mentioned buses or mattresses. But, apart from that, the epic dream did have much of the soundtrack-driven story in it.)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: October 17, 2017, 11:13:32 pm »

I dreamed of work one night, playing some bizarre game of cooperative puzzle exploration and fleeing from a nuke, and my car being stolen while i was in class
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: October 17, 2017, 11:48:19 pm »

I had an oddly simple and lovely dream where I was in the home I'm moving to.  A lot of my family and friends were over for a party.  When I woke up, I was extremely disoriented.

I've remembered a lot of vivid, hyper-realistic dreams recently, but this one was a nice exception.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: October 18, 2017, 05:27:01 pm »

Last night, I went to sleep with a number of radio programmes cued up to play in my earphones. It took until I listened to them properly this evening for me to realise how much the dreams were driven by what I was hearing.
I think I might try this on a Friday night or something. Low volume. We'll see.
Generic Arms Race.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3688 on: October 18, 2017, 05:45:13 pm »

Dreamt I was urban exploring abandoned houses, walked in on one derelict building through a broken window. Found the decomposed outline of a cat's fur hanging on its bones, imagined its last scared moments in life trying to call for help. Its owner died alone, leaving it trapped. Left the building, not wanting to find the owner, unfortunately the owner found me. Woke up scared and sad

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: October 20, 2017, 11:00:44 am »

Dreamed I was rafting down a wide, slow moving river. On the right was dense woods; and on the left, laid out like below me as though I was flying low through the air was picturesque orchards, pastures, and scattered forests over rolling hills and wide valleys like you see in my home in central Ohio. All the trees were lit up in their brief but glorious fall colors, and the warm sun was tempered by the odd cirrus cloud and a light, cool breeze coming from behind me. As I carried on I found that my raft was, indeed, flying, as my river turned away from the tall hill it had previously been following and started to climb slowly. I moved now over a sort of easy panorama of different landscapes. The hills gradually gave way to flat land; orchards, corn, and sheep gave way to soybeans, wheat, and cows; and the forests grew steadily smaller until only the windbreaks between the farms remained. Shortly after I crossed into wetlands with tall sedge and bulrushes broken up by wide shallow waters spotted with duckweed, then over a great lake until I came to another wetland, this one with bright green conifers. Soon the wetlands became more hills, even mountains, and the conifers became thicker and thicker as the few deciduous trees lost their leaves. Day became twilight became night, and as the trees became smaller and more widely spread I could see the lights of the aurora start to appear, at first just at the edges of my vision but soon they came to dominate the night sky save for a bright full moon. The terrain also started to look more 'dreamlike' and less realistic.

The ground below me was now a nearly featureless plain of snow, though far ahead I could just see the outlines of enormous black mountains, with exaggerated sharp peaks and completely sheer faces. Between me and the mountains I could see a churning body of water, lapping up against ice floes and in some places crashing against low but steep cliffs. I was starting to feel cold now and getting colder fast, as the moon dimmed and the aurora gradually disappeared. I could see ahead then that my river was starting to freeze around the edges too, until it reached a point up ahead where it was completely impassable. I couldn't do anything to stop myself from reaching that point. I tried to paddle backward with my hands, but the water was so cold I could hardly stand it even if I could overcome the rapidly accelerating waters. Finally the front of my raft collided with the icy barrier, and whatever force kept me in the air suddenly gave out. I found myself falling quickly toward the dark waters below. My vision darkened, and I had just a moment of complete and utter shock as I collided with the freezing, salty, pitch black water. I foundered for a short while, and realized only gradually that I had woken up. That was unpleasant, but this second paragraph was a decent price of admission to the first IMO.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 338