Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 504329 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4155 on: January 28, 2019, 05:23:34 pm »

Dreamt i was working for a construction company building a huge university campus with dozens of large buildings. My brother and i showed up totally late, so we had no idea where the crew was actually working, but we stopped to discuss building a deck on one of the structures we were supposed to build. Then the supervisor shows up and demands i alone come chat with him aside.

So we go up a stairway into a semi-private location, and theres three other workers there as well. The supervisor then starts telling all of us that we've been doing a terrible job and hes going to fire us, but he also accuses us of having learning disabilities (in not such nice terms) and if we can bring a doctors note or something to prove we do have legitimate disabilities we can stay. I quit on the spot instead of considering it.

So i waited around the parts of the campus that were already open to the public. There was a pretty neat professor who was nice to talk to but then she froze to death because somebody rerouted the water pipe on her potted plants to a liquid nitrogen tank while she slept. So later on my brother got off work and we left. But i came back that night to fuck with things. Thats when i learned i was a vampire-werewolf and i had been the whole time. I literally got two separate letters in the mail. One said congrats youre a vampire heres what to do and the other was the same on the werewolf side. So i ate a few assholes, including i think that supervisor, and a couple punks who were harassing a woman. Then i met a couple ladies who were vampires and tried my luck getting a date. They lead me on for a while then they revealed they were actually gay haha tricked me yeah, fun, thanks.

So i fucked around climbing all the buildings, scaring the shit out of drunk students for a while, the cops couldnt even begin to look for someone who was a werewolf so nobody could do anything about it... then i must have woken up.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: January 29, 2019, 08:37:40 am »

So, my vague recollection of last night's dream goes as follows:

I was lying in bed trying to get to sleep, and worrying about getting published. I believed myself to be a complete and utter failure at the whole writing business; I hadn't even finished writing one book yet! Then I realised the book (which non-dream me is still in the process of writing) was finished and I was starting on my second. I just needed to shoot it off to a few publishers and see what happened.

It was actually fairly relaxing exploring the possible routes for publishing, even if it was only a dream :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: January 29, 2019, 10:31:08 am »

I had Superman's powers, but was inexperienced with them to the point of struggling to even briefly fly. The actual "plot" of the dream involved repeated unsuccessful attempts to read one of the library's copies of Harry Potter from home based on a bet with my dad.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: January 31, 2019, 03:49:26 am »

I was half-asleep and my dreams apparently seemed to recognize and appreciate this fact, and incorporated my remaining partial control of my body into the dream. I was in some sort of video game dream, and going through a series of individual challenges where I needed to ride a horse a certain distance/speed, throw a ball over a bar, or other such noteworthy athletic pursuits.

The controls for performing my objective changed with every challenge, but mostly consisted of either scratching my left armpit or rubbing my face into the sheet. So I'd be put on the spot, with a trial to reach the finish line within the time limit, and I'm furiously scratching my armpit in order to run faster.

My brain really cooks up some zingers sometimes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: January 31, 2019, 10:21:30 am »

I was hiking with some friends in another country.  I think we climbed a hill, and had to cross a busy highway.  It sounds symbolic but I think it was actually just a fun thing I like doing IRL, heh.  The hiking and chatting, I mean.

Later we were chilling at a cafe.  I was staring out corner windows at a savannah, except the bamboo blinds were closed.  I was amazed at the little octagons of colored light that were peeking through.  I was able to focus on them and study their imperfections, as if I was looking at a photograph instead of reality.

The coffee was nice too!  Pleasant dream.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: February 07, 2019, 09:40:46 am »

Metal Gear Solid 6 had some mobile/AR gameplay elements.  So at one point I'm skidding a cement truck into a military base at night, bluffing to the guards that I totally work there.

Later I'm in a field studying the stars.  There's a mission-critical message in how they're arranged.

Towards the end I'm at a friend's apartment, and they've got a couple of little (AR holographic) robo-pals.  They look sorta like XCOM 2's gremlins, but with a chaotic steampunk appearance, and an uncanny suggestion of mouths and eyes.  They'd be kinda creepy, but last night I reread a big Questionable Content story arc about the benevolent companion AIs.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4161 on: February 08, 2019, 09:02:13 am »

Dreamed I was sailing on a steamship through a misty sea, with my only companion being a Hapsburg Emperor with a massive chin. We were evading detection by numerous larger sailships, each brimming to the teeth with pirates. Our steamship quietly paddled through the dark, ever worried that our shiny metal hull would easily reflect any of the beam lights being cast towards us. Neither of us was exactly aware why we were searched for, only that it would be better to not be found.

Emerging from the dark after two nights of sailing, during which the Chin Emperor and I took turns to sleep or steer the helm, the journey grew calmer, the weather pleasanter and the pirates nowhere to be found - the lack of wind worked to their detriment and to our favour, and made the day altogether rather pleasant. Charles the Hapsburg Emperor mused that calm days usually preceded stormy nights, which I agreed, but said there was no need to jynx it - merely prepare for the worst and pray for the mediocre. We spent the afternoon fishing with breadcrumbs, and were delighted to catch a big tuna, which was very delicious.

Amidst a stormy night I was awoken by Charles to find dead ahead of us was the end of the world. I laughed remarking that after all this time, the flat earthers were correct. Uttering such words, we were attacked by scylla, who rocked the hole ship and whose searching heads roamed for any open windows with which to snatch us through with its vicious jaws. As it is, it only escaped with our tuna, but after a brief minute reprieve was back for more. With scylla behind us, we endeavoured to sail across the end of the world, which terminated in a vast and seemingly fathomless waterfall. We figured if we were already dead we might as well die looking at the ends of the world, and there was even a tiny glimmer of hope that we would survive the fall. A tiny one though.

As we went full steam ahead scylla turned back before the edge, once the current caught us we accelerated even further, racing towards the end. Holding onto the rails and each other for dear life, we crossed over the end and... Our ship's prow shot into the sky in one majestic leap, before crashing down on the ocean in a brilliant display of spray. Behind us poured a stream of dark ocean water from a stormy night, ahead of us bright blue placid waters in a clear sky. Slowing our engines down to appreciate what had just occurred, we realised we had not crossed the end of the world. We had crossed an edge of the world, and the world was in fact more like a cuboid, or pyramid-like structure. Celebrating our triumphant discovery, we set off to find land in this strange corner of the world, excitingly doing our best to chart where we were - but the north star was nowhere in sight, and we realised the stars were all different. Nevertheless we recorded our bearings and sights, whether above or below water, setting off for land to see.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: February 11, 2019, 09:48:31 am »

I dreamed I was aboard an AT-AT, but there was a xenomorph aboard too.  Strangely, the AT-AT was the size of an aircraft carrier, judging by how large its interior was, and there were also techpriests from 40K aboard.

This was one of those dreams where I knew things mysteriously without seeing them.  I never saw the xenomorph, nor even that it had or was killing anyone, but I somehow knew it was aboard.  I was also in a strangely third person state and not truly present aboard the walker.

Very strange.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4163 on: February 16, 2019, 03:00:52 pm »

The start of the dream followed an opening ceremony of an auditorium, only it was the Spongebob sweet victory rendition. From there the dream turned to a dream of a protagonist going through the hotel - I was distinctly not the protagonist but following the protagonist, occasionally offering directions or criticism from the background (including one jarring moment where the dream was tense and severe, yet I was in the background offering criticism regarding the main lead's poor imitation of Key and Peele's comedy. I somehow annoyed myself in my own dream). In this hotel our protagonist opens one of the door and accidentally stumbles into a hotel room with four people in bed, clearly in the afterglow of a foursome, one of whom being a Hapsburg Archduke. Our protagonist apologises for intruding before noticing that indeed one of them is a Hapsburg Archduke, and questions what they're doing in this timeline and in this hotel; the Archduke says nothing, but one of the four instead comments that it's safer in this timeline than it was back then for the Hapsburgs. Our protagonist briefly steps forwards to notice a bottle of Japanese gin sitting in the sun on the windowsill, and chastises the revelers for storing it in the sun (I commented on how much we were getting paid for product placement, evidently this was a dream as a film).

Satisfied, our protagonist goes off to work in a marine biology job, remarking that they were lucky to get the job considering there were 20,000 applicants for 5 roles. They go diving down in the ocean with some seriously snazzy scuba gear, going well below 80m, eventually reaching a sick 400m where bioluminescent plateaus of corals hinted at far greater things below far greater depths. That's when they're all attacked by fish people who nearly tear everyone apart, but fortunately everyone manages to release their weights and do an incredibly painful emergency ascent faster than the fish people can follow them. Everyone nearly dies but after a pleasant day of excruciating pain recovering from flesh wounds or super bends, a scientist with big white hair comes in and she alarms everyone by pointing out they were accidentally exposed to fish people substances. Our protagonist is naturally livid arguing that you can't accidentally experiment on a large group of people with potentially lethal substances but alas, the scientist insists she is sincere, and they didn't expect there to be fishmen - the objective was explicitly to study the ocean floor, not get attacked by fishmen. She holds up a vial of clear liquid which is attracted to fishmen substance, the higher the concentration the higher the attraction of the liquid. She holds it up to the various affected divers but whispers "oh no" when it reaches the protagonist, who dodges her ineffective attempts at hiding her dismay by snatching the vial and observing its reaction to him. It splurgs out all over the place indicating super high fishmen substance concentration.

Protagonist asks scientist what this means, at which point scientist is all "dunno lol, I'm not sure why you're alive so I'm guessing you're terminally ill ~(o.O)~"
Enraged but still a marine biologist at heart, protagonist grabs a sword and in a preparation montage, sharpens it to go explore the depths regardless of the consequences, figuring at least this way their death would be meaningful. At this point they're intercepted by men in black, who reveal they are part of a secret government agency who regularly sends death row convicts to the depths of the trench to find out what's going on. As he's the only one who knows what's down there and has VOLUNTEERED to go down there, they ask if he's willing to lead the team of murderous convicts into the depths.

Naturally he says yes. They go down the depths in a submersible and avoid disturbing the local fishmen in a tense scene full of comedy which ends when the tone shifts and one of the convicts nearly gets them all killed by accelerating into a weird giant centipede fish buried in the sand, resulting in their summary execution. Realising morale is at an all time low, the protagonist ascends shocking the men in black, as the team briefly go to land to pick up nandos. After the men in black complain every minute spent above water is $750,000 wasted, the protagonist responds by saying they're just getting takeaway and shouldn't be too long. Before I got to see this riveting plot development concluded, my friend called me in the morning, waking me up

*The night after I had two dreams. In the first, Wei Yan (a general from Shu-Han, ancient China) was teaching Liu Shan (a child heir to the Imperial throne and generally regarded as incompetent by history) life lessons through swordsmanship. Wei Yan was trying to teach Liu Shan a basic strike, but Liu Shan kept getting it wrong. Growing frustrated, Liu Shan kept trying harder and kept getting worse and worse at it. Wei Yan stops Liu Shan and tells him to stop, slow down and breath. He takes Liu Shan to the armoury where he asks the armourer for a misforged, brittle sword for a demonstration.

Taking the sword, he motions to Liu Shan and strikes an armoured dummy with it, the sword shattering in half. He then draws his own sword and does the same strike, cutting through the dummy. He asks Liu Shan why his sword is stronger than the first. Liu Shan responds by answering, "because it's Wei Yan's sword." Wei Yan shakes his head and says no. "The first sword tried too hard to be strong, and so it shattered. My sword is stronger because it can bend." At this Wei Yan demonstrates by bending his sword, which returns to its original shape once Wei Yan stops flexing it.

Liu Bei (father to Liu Shan) walks in and tells Wei Yan he is needed in the army camps, and Wei Yan salutes Liu Bei before walking off. Liu Bei tells Liu Shan to keep practicing before leaving.

The next dream involved me praying at a temple, culminating in a monk asking me to meditate there until I see the lion in the picture. The picture has a sun with a face on it, some flowers and grass, and altogether looks like a very childish drawing. I sit there pouring over every detail for hours and hours, unable to see anything close to resembling a lion. Eventually the monk returns and asks if I have seen the lion, and I respond saying I have not. They reverse the painting showing the white canvas at its back, and looking closer I see all the indentations caused by the mark of the pencil and brush have created the faint outlines of the lion. Only when not searching intently for it could I stand back far enough to clearly see it.

*EDITX2
Today's dream I was at a party, everyone was dressed formally and it was like a ball - but everyone conducted themselves as if it was a casual party. Myself and a group of my friends sat at a table where a bewitching lady was handing out what tasted like plum vodka, but the dream ended early here because I was awoken by the sound of a relative's cat I'm currently looking after trying to eat some of my prized plants
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 09:09:50 am by Loud Whispers »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: February 18, 2019, 12:31:02 pm »

I just had the craziest dream this morning.  I don't know if it was a dream or a daydream because I was obviously awake enough to realize that I was asleep.

I had a dream that I was on a cliff face and listening to what when lullaby of all things, and it was describing the story of some guy who saved the girl from falling off the cliff, and how they looked into each other's eyes, and there was a little melody played in the background. There's just a sweetest little thing, and I woke gasping for air.

I don't know. I just kind of touched me in a certain spot. I don't know what to think about it. What do you guys think?

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4165 on: February 18, 2019, 12:37:56 pm »

gib mor deets
What did the song say, sound like? What was at the bottom of the cliff, stone or sea? What did the air smell like? What did the two look like? What was your perspective amidst all this, did you see the story or just hear it whilst on the cliff face? Could you yourself get down from the cliff face? Where did you sit, stand or climb by it? When you felt emotional, what emotions were they? Nostalgia with fondness, bittersweetness, joy or sublimity? Just some questions

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: February 18, 2019, 02:30:45 pm »

I just had a strange dream which at first made me feel almost... joyful, but now I'm kind of freaking out because it felt like it had to mean something but I have no idea what.
Yes, I know that's silly and superstitious, but it's just before 5am and my mind may not be functioning too rationally.
Um, anyway.

Spoiler: Dream (click to show/hide)

Tl;dr: reading what began as an ordinary Calvin & Hobbes comic takes a strange turn as a rather Jhonen Vasquez-esque Calvin introduces his terrified mother to some horrifying insectoid beast that looks to be either from his sick mind or the Void itself, which promptly begins to gruesomely maul him in a somehow enjoyable way before he is dragged off on an intense, spiritual journey through a technicolour cosmos.

I hope this post makes sense. Typed on my phone, in a hurry, and whilst half asleep, so bear with me. Time to go in search of snacks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: February 18, 2019, 09:26:02 pm »

This is where a psychologist woul say  "what's your relation with your mother like?" :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: February 19, 2019, 08:22:17 am »

Congratulations, you've written a creepypasta in your sleep

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: February 19, 2019, 08:29:36 am »

Dreamt of workimg, everything was dark as if there was a power outage but my coworker was watching shit on facebook or whatever on the desk computer, and there were still customers wanting everything.

Now that i have awoken, i have to go to work, so fuck you dream.

So today i had a better dream. There was this game, and the antagonist would be this giant stone golem, wielding an enormous maul and great axe. Every round it was the players, who numbered about 24, responsibility to either defeat it, or escape off the map. The players got to choose their loadout, they had every sort of medieval fantasy gear they desired.
The map consisted of a high mountain where a castle was built halfway up its slopes (where players started), with a road leading up to it just big enough for the golem to pass. Below there was a bridge that offered a shortcut down to the forests in the valley below, the quickest route to escape by if a player chose that option. But below there were still bears, wolves, harpies and other threats that could easily pick off a player if he didnt have friends. If they did want to escape, they had to make it to the coastal road below, and make it off the map on either end. All of this terrain, buildings etc was destructible to the golem, which could even through huge boulders hundreds of yards if it wanted to kill a player. Players could rig traps for it, too, collapsing parts of the castle or terrain to injure or destroy it.
Now at game start, the players would start in the castle keep, but the golem could spawn anywhere, including inside the castle. Players would be trying to knock chunks off the golem with weapons or bait it underneath a huge, failing tower. The golem could very nearly one-hit-kill a player, or crush them with rubble or the objects you try to hide behind.
I tried to fight it a few times. Once i thought i was safely hidden in the castle toilets, but the golem just flattened everything. Next round we squished it under the tower, but like 12 knights got squished with it. Then next round i ran for the coast, and it tossed a builder that knocked the bridge out from under me. A few minutes later was the last survivor and it started coming back down the mountain, i was hobbling along on a broken leg, and i got eaten by a bear. Then me and one other survivor tried running the opposite direction, and actually made it to the edge alive.
Frankly i wish this were a real game, because it was an awesome dream.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 09:20:29 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 338