Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497475 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4305 on: October 06, 2019, 10:24:41 am »

I was having some horrible dream about being stuck in basically a high school doing a test that didn't make any sense. Like, it was part English test, part history, part calculus, and I of course didn't study for shit so I guessed at random on the advanced math portions. The teacher just said something along the lines of she's not giving me credit for any of it. Then this other kid starts pushing me around while I'm trying to pack my bags for lunch period. He pissed me off so much I tried to punch him. I ended up punching my window sill edge on. Hurts like a son of a bitch, but I'm awake now.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: October 06, 2019, 02:47:39 pm »

A friend had a baby that was just a tiny fetus-like thing crawling around on its own. Nobody considered this unusual. I had to babysit it, and deal with pieces permanently falling off at the slightest jostle.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: October 07, 2019, 08:51:32 am »

I dreamed I was Megaman, who was trying to liberate a hotel that Dr. Wily had conquered.  While that sounds like some sort of bizarre Hotel Mario Megaman, it didn't have that feel while I was experiencing it, and was more of a first person shooter since I was Megaman.  I had to make the pew noises myself every time I fired my buster or it wouldn't work.

I never did figure out what was going on exactly, and I don't think I ever encountered Dr. Wily.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: October 08, 2019, 11:42:56 pm »

Broken sleep and too many dreams to recall, but I know at the end of one I was walking back from someplace and saw what at first appeared to be a limo-combi (which was actually a friggin' awesome idea) speeding along down the road, then as I watched it I realised it was actually a series of combi-shaped horse float-looking things, connected together as segments of the same vehicle. Actually, it might have been two vehicles.
Anyway, then the whole thing seemingly couldn't handle the speed it was at and started spinning wildly out of control, like a pair of giant vehicular nunchaku. I watched, awestruck, as it flailed along this large road, somehow not hitting anything, until one 'carriage' tipped over, spilling its contents across the road and taking the rest of that section down with it, then the other half, which had veered over into the oncoming lanes (apparently this dream was set in America, or somewhere else where folks drive on the wrong side of the road), crashed viscerally into some unfortunate vehicle. Much chaos was had. Then I think I either woke up or went back to whatever I'd been doing in the dream beforehand.   

At some point, actually it may have been immediately before I found myself observing the above scene, I'd befriended this couple and was hanging out in their place where they lived with a bunch of other folks. I'd stayed there for a while, for some reason (there'd been a lot going on in the dream earlier that I can't remember), until it occurred to me that I was probably overstaying my welcome and/or cramping their style despite how chill they were, and I become anxious to leave.
Could always visit them again, after all.
I quickly got my stuff together and put my shoes on before saying some goodbyes (I might have said I'd be back later after getting some stuff done) and left. It was only once I was outside on the road that I realised I was wearing slippers instead of my shoes. After some hesitation (I think I considered my chances of making it through the rest of the dream without proper shoes) I turned to walk back to the house - and then, I believe, was when I saw the combi-zine  speeding along.

There was another dream, the one right before I finally woke up, but I don't really remember shit except it was long and quite dramatic. There was this close-knit group of family (and possibly friends) undergoing various trials and tribulations. May or may not have included people from the earlier dream, can't say for sure.
There was a lot of weird, probably fascinating stuff that I sadly don't remember well enough to describe, but I believe it ended with one member of the group, who'd lost his arm somewhere along the way, accidentally blowing up/electrocuting himself, his wife and another person who'd been helping them in their efforts to reattach/heal his arm.
I think they'd even kidnapped someone and chopped off their arm as a replacement?! I don't know, maybe they just considered it which is crazy enough.

I think the dream was following some other character when they received the news about those three dying, at which point they went "well WTF happened?!" and the dream went into a flashback, but at the same time the flashback still seemed to be malleable, like events weren't set in stone.
Not sure how things were looking when I finally woke up.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: October 09, 2019, 12:33:15 pm »

(apparently this dream was set in America, or somewhere else where folks drive on the wrong side of the road)
Fun fact: 69% of countries drive on the right

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: October 10, 2019, 05:35:37 am »

It was Fallout 4 but a multiplayer scavenging-race... so sorta Fallout 76 which I've only seen in lore videos?  Thing is it was mixed with From The Depths, in that this area of the course was ocean or bay.  Normally games about drowning freak me out a bit, but this was some game-ified like Fallout 4 that I didn't feel any danger.

Like, even though it was immersive (heh) 3D, the "wreck" I was swimming down to had very specific, "hidden"-yet-highlighted airlocks designed to keep players from flooding the wreck.  I cycled into one that seemed particularly hidden, entering a small dry room with a notable-looking generator device.  Before I could get a good look I heard voices further in, sighed and approached - it was my dad and his SO, having lunch and talking plans.

The goal of the scavenging-race was to activate certain consoles for your faction.  I was playing Railroad, he Brotherhood and she Institute, but of course they were working together heh~  I joined them and we chatted a bit, sharing what we'd already explored nearby while pretending to be competitors.  I assumed they'd already claimed this wreck, but turned out the target had eluded them.  I acted casual and left the way I came, back to that generator device, and this time found the switches to activate it for the Railroad.

I was nice enough to go back and tell them, which got me some insincere hostility as I cycled through a particularly immersion-breaking airlock (for such a wrecked ship) and continued the race.

yeah IDK just some wholesome "Fallout 4 but multiplayer and deep water mechanics", that was fun. 

Edit: I had an NPC companion but she wasn't really a character, she was unknowingly a synth and I kinda joked about that with the Institute player in front of, well, it.  Sounds a bit callous but this was *very* obviously a video game.  I was acting semi-IC and talking excitedly about the NPC like a favorite pokemon, and it wasn't coded to join PC conversations.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2019, 05:40:02 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: October 10, 2019, 10:13:08 pm »

Had a fair few different and very strange dreams last night, but I don't remember much of 'em.

One part I do remember was where myself and at least a couple of other people arrived to investigate some spooky old abandoned house that we'd been drawn to somehow throughout the dream. As we were wandering through the different buildings on the property I heard a shrill yelp, and looked over to see our dog (based on my mother's IRL dog) sprinting towards us in a panic. I was terrified that she might have been bitten by a snake way out here in the middle of nowhere.
As it turned out, though, her assailant came pursuing her out of the grass - hot on her tail was a very angry wombat, of all things. It seemed like it planned to take us all on. Luckily I was able to drive it off by hurling a huge copy of War and Peace at it with considerable accuracy.
Why I happened to have that book on my person at the time, I have no idea.
I thought this was amusing so I stopped to try and get a photo of how the book had landed.

Another dream (possibly linked to that one) I was watching some film/show in which the main characters were travelling to investigate some spooky abandoned place, similar to the one in the above dream. I can't remember exactly what their deal was, if they were paranormal investigators or what, but it seemed as though they were filming a sort of documentary (maybe just a home video/video log kinda thing) of their experiences as they traveled.
Also, I believe the place was somehow linked to (a dark chapter of?) their past, like they'd grown up there or something? I don't know, sadly I've forgotten most of it but it was all sinister and fascinating. Pretty sure they'd been drawn there by some sinister, supernatural force, as well.
I do remember that one of them was apparently played by Noel Fielding, and that when they finally arrived and were searching the place, some sort of ghostly creature, probably a manifestation of whoever/whatever had been luring them there, took shape in the room they were in and, before they could react, struck down Noel Fielding's character with a swipe of its claws before vanishing, killing him instantly.
That was the end of the episode/movie/series or whatever, and I remember being keen to see where they'd go with the next one.

There was another dream in which I and someone else were playing some game in which the player sailed around on boats. That's it, that's pretty much all I remember. There was probably more to it, we probably traveled places in said boats (maybe it was even connected to other dreams), but I don't remember.

Finally, there was one other dream, I think it was actually earlier on in the night, where I joined some large, oddly secretive group of people that played some sort of wargame. I was inducted and about to start my first game, with the whole group hanging around watching despite it only having two players or so, when the dream ended.
Oh, and I'd taken up another hobby: making DIY stools (the seat kind). In fact I was sitting on one as I made ready to play, with another one beside me. I wasn't too sure how structurally sound they were, but damn they looked pretty cool.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: October 11, 2019, 09:39:23 pm »

So I slept in this morning, which meant I actually got to wake up slowly for once... which meant I spent maybe a half hour in a state of semi-consciousness. Good for dreaming.

Anyway. I'm in the passenger seat of this red convertible, riding with family, and I see some kind of aircraft overhead. It's big and triangular, sort of like an F-13-- for a moment, I think it is an F-13. Then I see how it moves.

See, this thing doesn't whiz along like a jet. It swoops. It wheels from side to side, up and down, soaring like a kite. As we get closer, I realize two things:

- The aircraft is far closer to the ground than I'd realized
- and it's made almost entirely of pink Styrofoam and packing tape.

It's got these two blue engine-looking things on either side made of some kind of light shiny plastic, four propellers to an engine... but the rest? All Styrofoam.

So. We pull over to the side of the highway, gawping at this uncanny contraption, and it spots us. Suddenly it swoops down, sailing towards us-- I stumble out of the car in a daze-- it lands on top of me, massive thing, size of a trailer truck but light-- and I kid you not, it starts licking my face like an excited puppy. Somehow. With a chrome-plastic tongue.

I shove the Styrofoam dog-plane off me-- it's still wagging its rudder like mad-- and the pilot hops out. Bald guy, big round aviator glasses on his face, short with a fleecy leather jacket over his shoulders. He recognizes us... I've never seen him in my life, but in the dream somehow he was familiar. The pilot invites over to his house, to recover a bit and catch up on things; a "long time no see" kind of deal.

We find ourselves in the pilot's living room. It's a fancy affair-- high in the air, with tremendous plate-glass windows surrounding. We sit ourselves down at the guy's coffee table...

...and so help me, Donald J. Trump walks through the living room door.

I wake.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2019, 09:47:12 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: October 12, 2019, 08:42:12 am »

I had a dream last night
I was looking at a window and saw a tiny moth with a broken wing. I let it crawl on my thumb, and two large green caterpillars crawled out of it. The moth was smaller than my fingernail but each of the two caterpillars were the size of my entire thumb. I don’t remember if the moth survived this or not. The caterpillars took small bites of my skin, so I was about to go outside to search for leaves for them but as I was heading outside I woke up.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: October 15, 2019, 04:34:47 am »

I have recurring dreams where either I have to go back to high school or I am back in high school. I am deh fuck is wrong with me wanting to go back. High school was ok but not something that I think as the good ole days. So here's this weird one of a dream.

It all started out as a friend of mine was begging me to sign up for the choir class even though I am a Senior and they have an abundance of Seniors but not enough under class men to join and figured if there was enough people in it now there would be the middle school kids that are on the fence would join thinking it was a bigger class than it would be for them. So I reluctantly joined and apparently the teacher was out with the main group was traveling through various states for competitions to get college scholarships for the students which ended up with the few of the kids that were late signers just to sit in the classroom with a sub that did not teach any of the material nor helped us with practice. It ended up as sorta of a study hall/ fuck off hour till the main group came back around mid November. The main teacher was annoyed that the sub did nothing with us and had to have a steep learning curve with the new students that was not with the teacher.

As for me, I found out why my friend had head hunted me into the choir class. He knew of a girl that had a huge crush on me but was in the AP course work and had no time to really get to hang out with me. So they came up with if I'm in the same class as her, I could hang out with her. The girl in question was tiny, like her temple was about the same height as my elbow and she could hide at my side facing it but had the personality and force of will 3 times her size but was very adorable in her demeanor. She had come up to me and without missing a beat told me why she had my friend to get me to come into the choir, in which I was shocked to the fact that she actually likes me that way. I had asked her what made her like me at all and her answer was that I almost always had a serious scowl on my face and looked serious but was always kind to everyone I know. She thought I was unhappy and she wanted to be with me to bring happiness to my world. At that point she glommed onto my arm in which she found out how mouse like I am when I''m around women and how easily she could just pull me around because she had a hold on my arm. She knew that I was strong but she was surprised how gentle I was with her and protective of her. I had fun in choir even though I got someone who loved me even though I though I wasn't a good person for a relationship. Through both class and after school, I tried to hang out as much as possible with her in the various ways I could and she appreciated it because she had really no free time due to her class load. A few more things had passed but I was waking up about that point.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: October 17, 2019, 10:22:41 pm »

I was on holiday with a pretty large group, including friends, former friends, some old school "friends" and at least a few entirely made up people.
One of my friends seemed to be a successful musician and another had a limp and walked with what appeared to be a pimp cane.

Now, I don't remember much of our itinerary, but I know for at least a couple of days we were staying by this particular (night?)club, possibly in some attached accommodation, and each night the group would get pretty loose amongst their party facilities.
Not sure where in the world we were, but I remember the club (and most of its management) seeming particularly Japanese. It seemed like a pretty cool place to me but at the same time it was weirdly run down. There were some disused dancefloors and/or private rooms in this courtyard between the main building and our accommodation that were used as storage.
A couple of friends came in from where they'd been having a smoke out the front, talking about some strange goings-on they'd seen in the courtyard, peeking over the dilapidated wall.
I think the staff had stored some stuff we'd broken during one of our visits, but there was something spooky about how they'd done it - I think the stuff was actually facing towards our rooms, almost like it was watching, but in such a way that you couldn't see it from our rooms.
The staff apparently caught them looking and expressed mild displeasure, which considering how polite they were was almost shocking.

Anyway, I don't remember anything more about that. My friends came in, met me at the bar just inside the front door, we discussed it briefly and then went further inside for another night of delightful chaos.

Other bits I remember here and there: one of the additional friends the dream dredged up from the past was actually an old school friend of mine and another friend who's still in my main friend group.
Back in highschool we were basically a trio for a while. Having the three of us reunited meant, rather believably, that our collective sense of humour became even more lewd and juvenile than usual.
Another, more recent friend (the one with the pimp cane) would make an exaggerated display of being disgusted with the crude jokes we'd come up with so frequently. It was all good fun.

Another thing I remember is that there was at least one member of our group that I was attempting to flirt with. Not sure if she'd been with our group all along or if we'd just met her whilst on holiday, but thankfully I don't think it was anyone I know IRL - I don't need one of those kinda dreams, haha. Though come to think of it, I think one of my old crushes was there. I know a friend of hers was. Hardly surprising given there were various folks I haven't seen since highschool, but still.
Can't remember the details of my attempt but I believe I was making a bungle of it, as one would expect. She probably didn't even know I was interested in her. Pretty sure the undercurrent of resulting anxiety was there, still detectable beneath the joys of partying.

One more moment I remember involved some other group we encountered briefly at the club, as they were just leaving. I don't know if they were British or American, but in either case they spoke English but with thick accents and a bunch of weird words for things.
This one girl came towards the couch I had recently installed myself on, apparently to grab some things she'd left there. She had some difficulty and asked me something about her "bun", which was kinda bewildering until I realised that she was referring to a hair accessory (something we'd probably call a scrunchie) I had inadvertently sat on. Awkward.

At some point towards the end of the dream, we (I don't know how many of us, some folks might have had to go their separate ways) left in a vehicle, driving along this large and interesting road with shops and stuff on either side.
Apparently we were in America, or at least that's the vibe I got from what I saw. I was thinking to myself that I really would like to visit the US again IRL, and it was around then that I woke up.

Maybe there wasn't much substance to this dream (there's a fair bit I've forgotten, probably some juicy details), but it sure did make me miss my friends, specifically the main group who were featured in this dream. Haven't seen 'em in a while.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: October 20, 2019, 02:26:05 am »

Not only did I join a terrorist cell and go on a violent operation, I was fucking incompetent.

Suppose that's for the best, all things considered.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: October 25, 2019, 05:02:03 am »

Was in the master bedroom of the house where I grew up, playing some unimportant mashup of MGS2 and MGS3 on the big television. I'd just stopped playing that, and something else came on the television.

It was what felt like prehistoric times, the camera zoomed to the top of a giant tree, where a little shaman creature declared to its little shaman creature buddies that, in order for life to thrive on this planet, they would have to create a planet-sized mass of water.
So they did, summoning a giant mass of water which crashed down, turning several mountains into gravel under its weight. When all had settled, there was an ocean in front of me, with the only remaining land being a distant cliff face with a few surviving mountains clinging to it. I could see signs of settlements on top of the cliffs and the mountains, and rows of mushroom-like shelves of rock jutting out of the cliff.
Some time passed. I watched boats drift past in the water until I realized that two of the boaters were calling out to me. I was sitting in the rusted hull of a boat, missing its motor engine. The boaters, a woman and a humanoid robot, offered to give me a ride. They asked how I'd gotten stranded there and I realized that I don't really remember anything other than the vision of the water coming down.
The woman boater took me to some kind of department store, where a floating robot tried to sell her on a small white plastic trashcan, recommending that we take it home and "plop babies into it". The boater took the trashcan, probably to get the robot to go away. Then she went through a door and waited outside, presuming that she was using the restroom. A man walked up and asked what I was waiting for, telling me that actually the door was a stairwell leading up to a movie theater. So I walk up, but it is very dark and becoming crowded in the theater, and I can't find the boater. I close my eyes, think about adjusting them to the dark for a bit, and then locate the boater's voice among the crowd. I go down into the rows and sit next to her. As the movie is getting ready to begin, I get a sense of foreboding. I say that one more layer will be fine, but much more and I worry that I'll never get back to reality.
Then what appears on the movie screen was the start screen for an old 4-player beat-em-up. I realize that there's no way for everyone in the audience to participate, and people begin to complain about this.

Then I woke up.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: October 25, 2019, 08:13:04 am »

My cousin, my brother, my mother and I were in a house none of us have ever been in before. I wanted to add sugar to something, and I opened a cupboard and found an unlabeled green cylinder, I opened it and covered the food in “sugar”. However when I ate, it didn’t taste right, I asked my cousin, and she said it might have been cocaine. Then blue boxes of cocaine fell from the ceiling, I told my mom and brother about the house having cocaine in it, but I “woke up” in a place where people asked what dream I had, I saw more blue boxes, so I tried telling them about the dream, at which point I woke up for real.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: October 26, 2019, 11:14:21 am »

The dream I had last night involved talking with some non human entities about expanding their area of influence. I wish I could remember more than that
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 338