Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295]

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 283127 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4410 on: January 15, 2020, 09:05:12 pm »

I am responding, so you must have typed this in reslity

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4411 on: January 16, 2020, 12:39:12 am »

That's exactly what an Inception would say! We need to go un-deeper!!!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. Was this inevitable (Y/y)?

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4412 on: January 16, 2020, 09:18:37 am »

*Pushes Bumber into a fountain.*

Did that wake you up?
No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4413 on: January 16, 2020, 10:45:43 am »

Yes, speech alone will not convince you of reality. If you know you are in a dream, you can do things you cannot do in reality. If you are in a dream, it would Be possible to phase your hand through a table instead of touching it.  If you touch the table and it feels like a table, you are likely in reality. Another test you can do is attempting to bend a pencil without breaking it. Another way to test reality could be to start thinking about different places, if the thinking doesnít bring you to that place, you are likely in reality/ I notice that in dreams things I touch seem...less real, transitory. Itís like my sense of touch is dulled. If your sense of touch is as it would be in reality, it is likely you are in reality.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4414 on: January 17, 2020, 07:39:51 am »

Yes, speech alone will not convince you of reality. If you know you are in a dream, you can do things you cannot do in reality. If you are in a dream, it would Be possible to phase your hand through a table instead of touching it.  If you touch the table and it feels like a table, you are likely in reality. Another test you can do is attempting to bend a pencil without breaking it. Another way to test reality could be to start thinking about different places, if the thinking doesnít bring you to that place, you are likely in reality/ I notice that in dreams things I touch seem...less real, transitory. Itís like my sense of touch is dulled. If your sense of touch is as it would be in reality, it is likely you are in reality.
You seem to have different experiences than I do, because if I punch a table it feels like punching a table.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when youíre done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4415 on: Today at 10:45:55 am »

[my dream last night involved me getting a self driving car ran by GLaDOS, who drove me to Aperture Wcience, which I told her was fake, she asked wh7 it showed up on the map if it was fake, I didnít have an answer to that, so we went there. The first test inside, which is the only test I remember, involved 9 sections of floor arranged like Tic Tac Toe that I had to jump down onto. The door to the room was very high up.  One of them showed green light for a few seconds and the they all shuffled. I jumped down, and a portal spawned under me, on the floor I would have hit. The second portal placed me at the start. I must have chosen wrong, so I tried paying more attention to the green tile. I was unsuccessful numerous times, always being placed back where I started. GLaDOS told me that she randomizes the subsequent tests so I wouldnít know what to expect. There was one point where she mentioned that I was in a dream, but I didnít think much of it. Eventually I landed on the correct tile and she placed me on the other side of the room with a door to the next testing chamber. She said Iíd take the next test later, then I woke up
Pages: 1 ... 293 294 [295]