Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497569 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4545 on: August 21, 2020, 11:44:48 am »

Oof, that's a rough situation to be stuck in - but yeah Youtubers sure can influence us a lot, huh?

Also I want to point out it wasn't SovietWomble, no offense Womble XD.  It's one of those breadtube channels with the nice documentary-style videos, except that I recently found a livestream series where the creator hangs out more casually with a friend.  So yeah... I think my subconscious got some weird ideas about how well I know this person I admire.  Creepy!  Glad I've already been warned about parasocial relationships and understand the difference between performance and person.  Consciously at least :/

also he updated a new video today and I'm legit feeling weird about clicking on it, maybe later
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: August 21, 2020, 03:31:43 pm »

That time wasn't so bad. As far as unpleasant sleep experiences, it doesn't rank very high.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4547 on: August 21, 2020, 03:45:35 pm »

I dreamed I was in a Russian bunker that was getting bombed to hell and had filled with petroleum yet to alight, so I alongside everyone else raced to exit the bunker before something ignited the fuel

*EDIT
I dreamed my garden fence was torn down by a tremendous storm and in their place was a great hedge of bright green leaves, already unusual for the winter. Exploring the hedge my eyes were drawn to an archway, which led into a bright and idyllic garden with a huge house that looked American in construction, being a massive wooden structure painted white and blue with a large front porch and large french windows on the first, second and third floors. Nothing about this really made sense as it was clear I was no longer at home. I knocked on the door of the house but no one answered.

I left the way I came and returned with five other peoples. One was a white American clown in full clown regalia, one was a gothic fashion-inclined mongolian lady, one was a young pakistani man in loose orange overalls, one a tall yoruba lady in short shorts and the last was a middle-aged Tunisian man with a bald head crowned by hair. I had no names for these people nor did they for me, but it was evidently as if we had known each other our whole lives, as we explored the garden and the house with wanton abandon.

At a gazebo we basked in the cool warmth eating from a feast of foods set out before us. None of us had prepared the feast but none of us seemed to pay much heed to this, as we had found no one at all besides ourselves. The gothic fashion lady asked if she could have one of my pastries and I gave it to her, however she asked for more and I never saw her eat any. I kept giving, however, until we finished lunch.

We all fell asleep various places in this strange land. Some like clown fell asleep outside in the perfect weather, whilst others like myself went inside to sleep in one of the house's many rooms. Sleep was difficult as I was often awoken by the sound of howling wind or scurrying feet, yet it always seemed like whenever I awoke to see, outside was perfect weather and I alone was in the room.
There was no next day as it seemed the sun had never set at all. We all decided to reconvene at the gazebo but clown, orange and bald were all missing. Short shorts decides to leave whilst gothic and I look for the other three. We find baldy, but baldy is dead, stabbed with garden shears. Short shorts comes back saying the hedges have all moved and the way back is now literally a hedge maze.

We're all immensely anxious now that we're stuck in another dimension with a serial killer, and we stick together wherever possible. We eat together, at bathroom breaks the three of us check the room is safe before anyone uses it, we sleep in rotating guard shifts. When clown arrives we nearly deck him (admittedly killer clown stereotyping was at work) but clown had no idea what was going on, so we helped him up and told him what was what. We're still highly suspicious because someone had to kill baldy.

Gothic accuses clown and says we should get them before they get us. Clown legs it and a terrible fight ensues, in which all of us get stabbed apart from gothic. As I die, I see another figure - black white and blue approach, with long hair cast down. They were absolutely terrifying and fearsome to behold but I was immobile and dying anyways so I didn't really care.

I experienced a cut in scene back to the gazebo, as if nothing had happened. No one brought up what had occurred and we ate from the feast again, but it was clear people weren't acting the same.

The days repeated again and again, each time starting fairly inane and ending more and more violently insane. The clown became a killer clown, the shorts kept getting lost in the maze, gothic kept sowing discord, I became emaciated and cannibalistic, baldy became a killer yet was nevertheless always the first to die, and each time I would see more and more of the black, white and blue ghost - and each time the day would start anew and we would forget about what had happened, continuing the cycle.

During the penultimate battle, where I had formed an alliance with gothic and short shorts to fight the clown-bald alliance, clown was killed and eaten, upon which a baldy-gothic-shorts alliance formed to kill me. Ghost possesses me, and subsequently after I am Julius Caesar'd to death, my dead body arises and kills everyone whilst I watch on as a ghost. Eventually everyone is dead and ghost and I walk through time, where I see an endless corridor of my cadavers. I begin to understand how long this cycle has been repeating.

The cycle repeats instantly, only this time I slap everyone's hands away from the food. I tell them all we have to leave now, but gothic insists on having a pastry and no one takes me seriously. I begin telling everyone that this is another dimension and I have seen how many timelines we have repeated a cycle of madness, destruction and inescapable reincarnation, but by the time they listen to me it's too late, the cycle repeats.

The next time it repeats as usual, but when gothic tries to take my pastry I stab their hand with a fork. Not really believing anything I say but shaken and disturbed enough by this act of unprovoked violence they startle and head for the hedgerow exit. Instead of leaving I return to the house to thank the ghost for helping me escape, but I can't find them. I search for the exit in the hedge maze but can't find that too. Everything starts to become black, white and blue, so I set on a hammock enjoying the sun
« Last Edit: August 22, 2020, 08:06:10 am by Loud Whispers »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: August 26, 2020, 07:07:32 am »

I dreamt I was in the Nether, I started near the portal, but when I tried to get back to the Overworld, a Ghast shot at the portal, un lighting it. Curiously, this didn’t hurt me. I checked in my inventory for flint and steel, to find that it was almost time for it to break and the only other things I had were a diamond and a gold nugget. I put the flint and steel in my hot bar and tried to light the portal but it just didn’t work. The ghast was way closer to the ground than ghosts usually are, it began shooting at me again, so I started walking/running backwards, hitting the fireballs back at the ghast, each time I did this, my hands were burned, as can be expected when punching fire. As the ghast was shooting, I noticed that there weren’t explosions like there usually are, though tiles were set in fire, looking around I noticed the Nether was unusually flat, though not a super flat world, since wither skeletons were also trying to kill me, and as I was running from them, found a Nether fortress, 2 Nether fortresses, one bigger than the other, I was withered, I didn’t know how badly hurt I was, but I knew I was taking damage, I headed for the larger Nether fortress, and inexplicably found myself at the overworld, either skeletons followed me, and we fought zombies who didn’t burn, despite the fact it was daytime and none of the zombies had had helmets, I was eventually killed, but I don’t know whether it was from a zombie or an overworld skeleton. When I died, everything faded to black, as it was fading, a stone sword grew in one of my hands, while I saw my skin and muscle melt away, and my bones turn black as my vision and hearing faded. Throughout all of this, I don’t remember feeling scared or angry, I remember feeling curious why the fire charges didn’t explode on impact, curious about the relative flatness of the Nether, curious why the portal stopped working, curious why the first attack didn’t hurt me, curious how I got to the overworld without a portal...just curiosity about the oddness of the situation, though I thought the being in Minecraft was perfectly normal and thus wasn’t curious about that

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4549 on: August 27, 2020, 07:15:29 pm »

Had a dream about Druid Lord.   

...That's it, that's all I remember. Don't know if I was listening to a record, watching them live, or just hearing someone play a cover of theirs. I just know it involved Druid Lord somehow. Well, at least I can describe the dream in a sentence or two, so I don't have to sit for ages in a half-asleep daze struggling to record the whole thing before I forget it.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: August 28, 2020, 12:03:27 am »

I dreamed I started peeing salad
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: August 28, 2020, 10:34:59 am »

I dreamed I woke up late for class, then the dream changed to something involving spheres of fire, I woke up at 5 due to someone else’s alarm

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: August 31, 2020, 08:05:52 am »

In the last days of a fantasy world, an evil overlord prepared a final ritual with his last two servants - a sorceress and a dark knight.  I was the knight.

There was a lot of stereotypical villainous banter.  "They will rue!", etc.  I was tasked with forging an arrow from raw materials: a plank from a special tree, cloth from a special hemp rug, and arrowhead from a special crystal.  We had a day or two, but no expertise - I had to figure it all out on my own.  In typical villain fashion I complained about this villainous task as I got started, striking a shard of crystal off and trying to tie it to a warped shaft.  I began ranting in earnest, mentioning how I might have found this challenge an amusing diversion, before... my voice cracking a bit with unexpected emotion.  The Overlord was standing over me, putting a hand on my shoulder as I trailed off.  I was sentimental for the forces I had commanded.  Mutated creatures which perhaps hadn't belong in this world, but surely belonged somewhere.  I don't think he shared my emotion, but he respected it enough to acknowledge it and focus it.  This was why we still had to win, he indicated behind his impenetrable mask.  To make it all mean something.

(It felt a lot like Netflix's Castlevania.  Down to being reasonably sure I was being used, but being fine with that.)

We took a break to check on the perimeter and collect a less warped sample of the special wood.  The sky was dark red and stormy, wind blowing strong as we remembered the shining, righteous warriors who had tried to purge us.  It was weirdly uplifting - like, where was their vaunted glory now?  Their supposed superiority?  Their age, and ours, was at an end.  We wouldn't be around for the next world, but we'd have ushered it in.

(Bonus dream:  I was back in school and strongly suspected someone of having time travel powers.  I was about to ask her, but then I woke up instead  :P)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: September 01, 2020, 09:33:36 am »

I was rifling through someone's canned food, when I came across an enormous can labelled "Raw Cheese Concept". It's incredible that the mind can tell jokes to itself in a dream.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: September 01, 2020, 09:41:35 am »

I was rifling through someone's canned food, when I came across an enormous can labelled "Raw Cheese Concept". It's incredible that the mind can tell jokes to itself in a dream.
this made me chuckle, sadly no dreams to tell

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: September 15, 2020, 07:57:38 am »

I was too muscle-sore to sleep right last night, I woke up at 3AM then just had to read.  Finally managed to nap just now from 7 to 8, and this is about that.

I was up in the mountains where I just helped my brother move to IRL.  Mostly lying exhausted on the dirt of a ridge trail, sometimes rolling along it, sometimes just telekinetically dragging myself up and down its slopes.  The soreness from RL is bleeding through hard, and my legs were too tired to stand, but it's a good ache.  Or at least, one I feel comfortable wallowing in.  Plus the mountain vistas and shady trees are quite peaceful.

Except that I kept finding myself with my mom or brother.  She's trying to take me on a nice night out in a historic district of some town, explaining the lore as she loves to do.  He's hiking the trail with me, enthusing about our vidya game interests.  I just keep collapsing from exhaustion though.  I guess it's all been a bit much, heh, though I feel satisfied.

...Okay, replacing a too-personal ramble: I try to convince them it's a dreamscape, they just think I need help.  I point out all the things that don't make sense, they just shrug and keep encouraging me.

So yeah, mostly about the difficulty of disproving an absurdity, inspired by:
Observing a Flat Earther discord
serious inebriation and/or fevers
current events

Also the feeling of going down a trail just because it's there.  Learning to find an odd tranquility in it being difficult, even painful... but as a result, questioning the trail becomes unthinkable.  Like the dream characters couldn't perceive the absurdities, I never thought about leaving the dream's trail.  Circumstances drive us to narrow our thoughts to get by.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4556 on: September 26, 2020, 09:11:38 pm »

What is the non-offensive term for people who are small due to a dwarfism condition these days?   
I think it was "dwarf" for a while there but now I'm pretty sure that one is unacceptable. Also it can lead to confusion on a forum such as this, ya know? "Little people" or "vertically challenged persons" both sound condescending to me. And as far as I know "midget" is still considered rude by most people.   

Well, whatever such folks prefer to be called, the part of my dream that I remember began in a courtroom, with a scaled-down version of the judge's bench to one side of the normal one. A legal team, a disparate bunch of folks united only my their small stature as described above, shortly filed in to sit behind it as a case began to be tried.   
It turns out they were there as like, a backup legal team. I'm not sure if their leader, who happened to be dressed in a very official-looking black gown, was actually qualified to take over for the judge if His/Her Honour decided to clock off work early for the day, but that seemed to be the case. Apparently they had paid a considerable sum of money to be considered as a replacement for the current case if one was needed.   

Other than that, I sadly don't remember much about them. There was the one dressed as a judge, she was presumably the leader, but there were at least a few others huddled around the desk, talking in hushed voices as people began to file into the courtroom. Can't remember exactly what their deal was, but it was very interesting.   
I don't remember what case was being tried, either, or whether they actually ended up trying it. All I know is that the dream went on for quite a while after the case with all sorts of action and adventure going on in various places. I think at least one of the aforementioned little legal team landed himself in hot water somehow and was on the run from someone or other. I really don't remember anything else, unfortunately.   

I gotta get better at remembering my dang dreams, but at least I remembered that one scene in the courtroom.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: September 29, 2020, 07:40:25 am »

Barely remembered:  I had a very professional and reserved house-assistant and we were solving a mystery.  She mentioned she might have a clue in her personal diary, and opened it right in front of me.  Her writing style was a jarring difference from her outward behavior, emotional and verbose.  I found it very awkward to see something so personal, but she didn't seem to mind at all.  A minor note: I noticed she used female pronouns for me which wasn't quite right, but was clearly meant to be respectful.

I was a Soong-type android like Data serving on the Enterprise crew, though the ship was very different.  Lots  of balconies.  We went on an away mission to present day Earth where Picard was weaving a mass transit bus through heavy traffic.  The bridge crew was all tense/worried but Data and I were unaffected of course, and Data even decided it was a good time to share a question of morality with Picard.  Something about artificial cybernetic life forms compared to gestalt life forms distributed over multiple bodies.  I added my own observations.  Picard somehow managed to avoid rear-ending a car that cut him off, and still managed to blow us off very politely.

He did ask if we arranged these conversations with some sort of silent wireless communication.  I responded by complimenting his driving.  This was supposed to be an attempt at humor by blatantly trying to change the subject, but I think everyone was too busy to notice.  Except Data, who glanced at me.  Either confused by my behavior or, maybe, attempting to send me a message.

Another dream with a similar theme on wireless communication, this time in the old X-COM universe sorta (but also like Colony which I've been re-watching).  I was a researcher on the X-COM Files project but my role temporarily was to help prepare a new embassy for an... eccentric Russian dignitary.  The embassy was a house I used to live in, of course.  The dignitary was insisting that I move a couple of planters inside even though their wicker was actively dripping water, clearly outside-use only.  With the help of his aide and many apologies, I managed to convince him to leave the planters until tomorrow.

Later during a party the aide told me the dignitary was concerned about the "waves" of the Hyperwave comm device we were leaving with the embassy.  This was pretty clearly a ploy to learn about the tech we received from the aliens, but I just found that hilarious in light of the aliens' overwhelming power.  I explained as best I could, describing how "waves" was really a misnomer, that it was more able entangled particles and technically instantaneous.  There was certainly no EM interference to bother the dignitary, as if that was the problem. 

The aide was stunned at how much I was sharing and remarked on how incredible this technology was, and how amazing the potential uses.  I laughed hopelessly and agreed that the next few years would see everything change.  After an awkward stare of non-comprehension I clapped his shoulder and added that a few things might even improve!

tldr; I was witnessing the formation of the Vichy governments under alien hierarchy, and the Russian government somehow didn't understand yet.  Probably leading more to X-Piratez than Colony, but who knows!
She/they

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: October 03, 2020, 07:06:46 am »

Lost most of it, but woke up as mirko from hero academia was starting to attempt to seduce morticia and gomez addams. Had the hots for the former, people were like, you know they happily married right, mirko just like, that's okay, I'll get both of 'em.

No goddamn clue why they were in the same world or why the rabbit chick was intent on that, though. Definitely disappointed the dream ended before anything in particular actually happened, though. That would have made for either good poly romcom or good porn, one of the two :P
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: October 03, 2020, 09:16:37 am »

Heard something outside my door. Tried to call out, couldn't move. Frustratedly struggled against paralysis for some time until I snapped out of it (something to do with a lightning bolt or tear), immediately fell back asleep, repeat once, snap out of it the exact same way again, now I'm awake. In the exact same position seeing the same thing because my eyes were already open. No noises outside my door.
Try to get back to sleep...
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 338