Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497471 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4590 on: November 25, 2020, 10:35:37 am »

Had one of those weird "gay dreams" where you go down on your best friend.

Just a good ol' fashioned bro job.

I had a dream the other night that had a new, Junji Ito-esque creature, of people being possessed into eating metal and electronics, mutilating themselves to turn themselves into cyborg monster. That's the closest approximation I can give, given how trippy the dream was. My job was being an exterminator of these creatures, like Deckard from Blade Runner, wondering around the city and uncovering the seemingly normal people that are hiding their transformation into a borg cyber monster. It was a really cool dream.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4591 on: November 25, 2020, 11:08:19 am »

All I remember from my dream is random audio

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: November 25, 2020, 02:30:05 pm »

Apparently my wife rationalized my snoring in her dream as observing some kind of scientific demonstration of how banshees work.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4593 on: November 26, 2020, 02:16:58 am »

I had a dream the other night that had a new, Junji Ito-esque creature, of people being possessed into eating metal and electronics, mutilating themselves to turn themselves into cyborg monster. That's the closest approximation I can give, given how trippy the dream was. My job was being an exterminator of these creatures, like Deckard from Blade Runner, wondering around the city and uncovering the seemingly normal people that are hiding their transformation into a borg cyber monster. It was a really cool dream.
Reminds me of Tetsuo: The Iron Man.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4594 on: November 27, 2020, 01:31:40 pm »

I was with this girl from high school, who was a bit of a friend but I had a unreciprocated crush on back then.  Part of the dream was us in a car exchanging banter, and part of it was elsewhere with us cuddling.  When in the dream these happened is unclear or overlapped, as if both situations happened simultaneously.

What is odd is I haven't really thought of this person in a good amount of time and they are basically out of my life entirely at this point, and usually if I have a dream of a romantic situation it isn't with a person in my life at all.  It'll be some random person my brain made up.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: November 28, 2020, 05:59:40 am »

The dream I had was two dreams, the first was me telling my brother and mom about a random thought: that lots of mammals had a home area such as a burrow, and that our house and other human houses are “like burrows with extra stuff”, the second dream was that I was back in high school, or at least an in person class, and we all watched an animated movie that involved an ocean of purple water, a ship that apparently had an orphanage on it, the workers were human, 2 of the children were human, one of the children was a goblin, the two human children died in a hurricane, and the ship was nearly destroyed. Luckily it found land. No one would adopt the goblin child so she grew up in the care of the orphanage

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4596 on: November 29, 2020, 10:53:15 am »

Another one of those ones where I'm dreaming of using the computer.  It's odd, computer dreams consist of only whatever's on screen, nothing else exists, no even my own body.  There's no mouse yet I can move the cursor anyway by just thinking about it, for example.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: November 30, 2020, 09:35:01 pm »

A game of variant chess where I didn't know the rules.  My brother/dad laughed at me as I failed to understand the variant rules, and I kept losing.  Over and over.  I kept trying to figure it out, but the rules kept changing, and every time I thought too hard, I started to wake up too early.

And in the end I still woke up at 4Am,

And then I had a daylight dream about defending my first home against a swarm of troopers with TWO SIZES OF WRENCHES.

It wasn't fair, yeah.  That was the point.

And it continued on until I decided that reality was less shitty
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 09:42:16 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4598 on: December 01, 2020, 12:17:11 am »

This is a hell of a statement, considering half the dreams I record, but:

I'm glad I dream.

The nightmares fucking suck sometimes, but it is generally better than what a lot of people have to deal with every day.
It's actually, usually, very pleasant.  Or unremembered forgotten.  There is a difference.  I try to write down the memorable ones.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: December 11, 2020, 08:52:53 am »

Well I just had a spectacle.

In this short segment of dream, my girlfriend was playing a Star Trek themed rpg videogame. The game used DnD character statistics and character creation. After being dumped into the game world and futzing about with controls captain Picard approaches her and initiates dialogue.

Picard's dialogue is... Unique. Most of what he says is literally the words 'jibber jabber' repeated over and over again with some actual words mixed in.
 A moment later and Worf appears and the two proceed to heatedly exchange 'jibber jabber' with one another.

By this point me and my waifu are wondering what the flying feek is going on and I come to a terrifying realization...

Me: "What's your intelligence score?"
 Her: "None! Oh god..."
 Me: [losing my mind] "You can't understand them!"

Did I mention how this scene was fully voice acted? Yeah.
 So here we have possibly the most beautiful way to handle low int score dialogue with freaking Patrick Stewart saying 'jibber jabber' seriously. I wish someone could make this a reality.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4600 on: December 11, 2020, 09:17:05 am »

I believe the first two Fallout games changed dialogue options (and some character responses) based on the player’s intelligence score.

I’m pretty sure they also misspelled words in the dialogue for intelligence-challenged PC’s.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: December 17, 2020, 12:12:36 am »

The dream last night was about a wasp colony protecting me from threats since I helped defend their hive against an exterminator, they helped with killing a member of some gang. My nap I had at around 3 pm involved some show with fear in the name, Fear Factor, except it was lowering me into a pool filled with living tarantulas. Since I’m not afraid of spiders, this of course didn’t scare me. Eventually they took me out of the pool and realized they have used me as a template for a common web. I could still move normally, though now mosquitoes and such get stuck to me and are thus eaten by the spiders living on me. There was a member of a gang who aimed their gun at me, possibly a mugging attempt, and the spiders swarmed him and eventually all that was left was the skeleton. I couldn’t leave because I learned there were 4-8 spiders above me who had threads tied to me legs and arms, like how strings tie to a puppet, so these ones I called the puppeteers. Eventually some of the spiders made a human form using many of themselves for the shape, and these would assist other spiders in killing an exterminator. The poison said exterminator used however, also affected me, making me not be able to breathe and eventually my eye blurred until unconsciousness set in. When I woke up, one of the spider humans told me that the exterminator was gone, and the puppeteers had to use my body to fight. There was a different gang who apparently recruited me because they were a rival gang to the one whose members the spiders killed. At some point I woke up at like 6

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: December 17, 2020, 07:31:40 am »

That sounds very trippy
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4603 on: December 30, 2020, 08:37:10 am »

I had a dream about watching an OVA simply called 'Sega'. This being a dream the show naturally had nothing to do with Sega and instead the plot bounced all over the place. Thus the climax involved the characters from Neon Genesis Evangelion chasing down the main antagonist to arrest him for breaking the law. The antagonist eventually ended up in a helicopter with dual rotors and was flying away, so Asuka jumped into the ocean and swam after him while Rei climbed into a police robot that could also fly to continue the chase. The scene then cuts to Rei in the cockpit and a semi-transparent montage of Shinji sitting in various positions plays over her face, each time zooming on his knees before cutting away to the next part of the montage. This gives Rei the insight she needs to capture the antagonist before he escapes. "I must strike at the knees of the helicopter," she says, then does a barrel roll over said helicopter, causing it to fold into two and crash into the ocean.

I am not sure how a montage of a character's knees inspires one to fold a helicopter in half with a barrel roll, but even in my dream I was laughing at the absurdity of it. Being a dream the antagonist naturally managed to both survive the crash unharmed and escape arrest because Eva characters just gave up.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4604 on: December 30, 2020, 04:10:53 pm »

I dreamed I was part of a casual military training operation involving jumping off a cliff & a whole lot of swimming and diving whilst weighed down by my clothes & boots. Everything was pretty simple at first, the main problem was the section involving a corridor that started off dry and steadily flooded. First I walked through it with my team, then waded through it, then swam through it two times - the third time we swam through it we severely overestimated how much air was left. With the only light being from our torches and with half of the corridor to go, we realised there probably wasn't enough air for everyone to make the whole distance left. We swam as quickly as we could with a few powerful strokes to conserve air as much as possible, keeping calm under pressure. The man behind me however started to drown, and involuntary thrashing ensued. They grabbed the back of my trousers just as I was breathing the last of a small air bubble, pulling me down, causing me to breathe in a lot of cold water. As they thrashed me and I drowned, I woke up gasping for air
Pages: 1 ... 305 306 [307] 308 309 ... 338