Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497522 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4605 on: December 30, 2020, 04:32:43 pm »

Oof, that's a rough one :(
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: December 30, 2020, 04:41:55 pm »

Had a dream that my parents grew long witches talons on their fingers and then ripped me apart. Wtf, rude?

Also reminds me that I've not actually had a nightmare in awhile, at least not one that makes you wake up in "AHHHHHHHHHHH". Kinda weird since I usually have constant whacko dreams. Maybe cause I'm not sleeping as much or something? Idk.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4607 on: December 30, 2020, 05:27:32 pm »

Oof, that's a rough one :(
Was a pretty enjoyable dream until it ended, I gotta say the only dreams I don't enjoy are the ones where I dream a long-since passed deadline is still coming up

Had a dream that my parents grew long witches talons on their fingers and then ripped me apart. Wtf, rude?
Every Christmas ever

Also reminds me that I've not actually had a nightmare in awhile, at least not one that makes you wake up in "AHHHHHHHHHHH". Kinda weird since I usually have constant whacko dreams. Maybe cause I'm not sleeping as much or something? Idk.
Probably. I've noticed when I'm sleep deprived I will rarely get dreams, or the dreams will be low quality ones I don't remember when I wake up

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: December 30, 2020, 07:21:01 pm »

I took a nap today, and the dream I had involved Bay12 being turned into a gigantic book that everyone with a Bay12 account was at, everyone in the same room, reading different pieces of the book simultaneously

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: December 30, 2020, 07:41:24 pm »

That sounds so cozy!  Distanced, yet cozy :)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: December 30, 2020, 09:20:55 pm »

Yeah but writing and copying DF raws by hand to share sounds like a huge pain in the wrist.

My dream the other day started as going on a hunting trip with friends and getting horribly lost, winding up in a weird simulated reality game or something and getting even more lost, and then exploring some roadside ruins of an old elementary school and a fast food restaurant next door. By that time, myself and everyone else had disappeared and been replaced by a very curvaceous pair of ladies that looked like a rabbit-woman and a cat/fox-woman respectively, who got in a fight with a supernatural bigfoot thing that absolutely wasted them, and only later learned that's why the locals dont visit the elementary school. A pair of giant ponderosa trees came to life like as ents and wandered down into the lake, which the women pursued by running on the water before I woke up.

Additional dream this morning, my brother, my nephew and I went out to get ice cream, but the local ice cream shop was closed, and instead my brother wanted to go to this store in a trailer house, staffed by a single morbidly obese middle aged woman in a floral dress and slippers, in her living room, which smelled like dog shit, cigarettes, and B.O.. I left, but my brother insisted on staying and getting ice cream there. So I went to the local market, and proceeded to look for the frozen foods section, which had been moved in renovations. Other customers kept pestering me because they thought I worked there, because they recognized me from my time working there. Which was years ago, but small towns be like that. It was a stupid and frustrating dream and I never did find the goddamn ice cream.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4611 on: December 31, 2020, 06:17:56 am »

I took a nap today, and the dream I had involved Bay12 being turned into a gigantic book that everyone with a Bay12 account was at, everyone in the same room, reading different pieces of the book simultaneously
Sounds like something Michaelangelo would've painted. A gigantic angelic chorus of assorted forum users reading from the good raws to the big moistened frog in the rainy skies

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: December 31, 2020, 11:48:58 am »

There was a car ad with an enby wearing rainbow protective gear and a confident smirk riding a unicorn.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2020, 11:54:36 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4613 on: December 31, 2020, 12:59:14 pm »

There was a car ad with an enby wearing rainbow protective gear and a confident smirk riding a unicorn.
Heckin cute and validpilled

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: December 31, 2020, 10:59:24 pm »

Sounds like something Michaelangelo would've painted. A gigantic angelic chorus of assorted forum users reading from the good raws to the big moistened frog in the rainy skies

i now know what im drawing next
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: January 06, 2021, 11:29:12 am »

I watched too much Kitchen Nightmares (I don't know why, I find the show anxiety inducing, manipulative, and often very cruel) and well - had a fairly straightforward nightmare about it.  Gordon Ramsay wasn't technically involved, the role was played by a family member (a pretty common theme on the show honestly).

I was so dang hurt and *furious*.  Waking up it took a little while to remind myself that none of it actually happened.  I mean, my cooking ability is a bit of a joke in my immediate family, particularly since I don't drown everything in butter and salt like some people- wow I honestly didn't realize I was resentful about this. 

I should really put some more effort into cooking, it's enjoyable and I've been proud of my food before.  And not "ironically" proud of how low-effort I can make nutritious food.  I've made some actual good-tasting stuff.  And in reality, my family members love trying to teach me their techniques.

There's your third act happy resolution Ramsay, you condescending dishonest sadistic jerkface.  Sorry, that was just a really unpleasant dream, ugh.  I also flew a helicopter in a VR video game, it kept spawning far above the clouds due to a glitch but that was kinda fun.  I guess the headgear from Sword Art Online Abridged was a thing, but I was using ancient modern-day VR technology because I'm so dang frugal.  Lots of self-inflicted resentment and jealousy last night, yuck.

Wait actually there was a good dream previously, sortakinda.  I got to be part of a big nonviolent political demonstration with a lot of other people and inspiring speakers.  Of course people were touching shoulders and I remembered Covid and then the dream fell apart  :(
« Last Edit: January 06, 2021, 11:32:05 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: January 06, 2021, 01:51:25 pm »

I find the show anxiety inducing, manipulative, and often very cruel

may i ask why?
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: January 06, 2021, 02:18:15 pm »

Ah, sure.  My answer isn't really appropriate here, so I put it in the Mildly Upset thread.

I don't like people screaming at each other, particularly families, and I blame the show.  That's the nutshell version.
She/they

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: January 06, 2021, 02:35:56 pm »

Ah, sure.  My answer isn't really appropriate here, so I put it in the Mildly Upset thread.

I don't like people screaming at each other, particularly families, and I blame the show.  That's the nutshell version.

oh ok

im a big fan of the show and when you said "I find the show anxiety inducing, manipulative, and often very cruel" i said to myself "Gordon Ramsay is not an asshole he is trying to help those people" and then i realize you were talking about the families

Also you think KN is anxiety inducing, manipulative, and often very cruel, Try Hell's Kitchen that show is a clusterfuck

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: January 07, 2021, 12:06:08 pm »

I just had a <20 minute nap with a surprising amount of dream time.

I was in a burger joint and a friend of mine won an argument against some punk kids a few booths down.  After he left I got up and totally tossed my cup of ice water at them.  I missed but pretended I hadn't, and they just looked on in amazement as I turned on a heel and glided away across the floor.  I couldn't tell what exit I was looking for so I kinda glided around the joint for a while.  Watching all the people bustling past outside.  It was so awkward in a teen-badass way.

Then, I guess very related, I was in a mall and I found a free-use segway.  So I got to ride that around for a bit!  You know those dreams about being in a car and you can't slow it down?  This was sorta like that except that it had a built-in speed limiter, so I just kept bouncing off walls in the side passages pretty harmlessly.  I almost hit a romantic couple coming out of a bathroom together.  I eventually figured out how to control my speed by leaning.

Not bad for a day-dream with leafblowers outside!
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 338