Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497496 times)

ArchimedesWojak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4620 on: January 07, 2021, 12:10:33 pm »

a romantic couple coming out of a bathroom together.

hmm
YET ANOTHER DATA-COLLECTION THREAD FROM MR. "NOT FEDERAL AUTHORITIES."
ArchimedesWojak is very militant against zoophilia due to his deeply held religious beliefs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4621 on: January 07, 2021, 01:10:58 pm »

Controlling a segway by leaning...Happy Wheels 3D: Mall Edition

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: January 07, 2021, 02:23:22 pm »

Alllllright. Welcome back to the only dream where you control a segway by leaning... It's Happy Wheels 3D: Mall Edition!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: January 07, 2021, 02:44:05 pm »

Alllllright. Welcome back to the only dream where you control a segway by leaning... It's Happy Wheels 3D: Mall Edition!
We’ll start this off with an impossible bottle run, the longest one we’ve done so far

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: January 08, 2021, 05:10:36 am »

When comes the part where we run over a bunch of people with the riding mower all in glorious 3D?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: January 08, 2021, 05:31:25 am »

I should actually try a segway-style scooter sometime I guess!  I dunno why I was dreaming of gliding so much.

I was lucid dreaming in a cafeteria of full of... me's as kids.  One had heard a Weezer song and now he was obsessed with that.  Another was singing very incorrect lyrics to "You've Really Got Me" by Van Halen.  basically there was a whole table of young teens sharing one hit wonders from the radio.

I was accompanied as I moved around by a pleasant high school freshmen who was insistent that we not going into dark or enclosed spaces where we might suffocate.  Everything was super chill as long as we didn't do that, even though I was kinda digging the lucid dreaming and wanted to explore.

Around college there was a goth guy and punk chick hanging out, ending every single sentence with sexual inuendos and laughing.  Oh how I've pretended to mature  :P

There was another dream before all that, maybe connected.  I was at a college-party, but like the cool grad-student one I got to attend once.  It wasn't about alcohol in other words.  I was sitting with this young woman and we chatting about all sorts of academic stuff, having a great time.  I eventually wandered away because the socializing was getting a bit much, and there was a cute dog to pet. 

And I pet it!  Cute dog.  Then suddenly I was play-tackled by the woman.  Which normally would have freaked me out, I don't like unexpected touching, but instead it felt right.  She hung on my back and we kept talking about all the cool stuff, being a little flirty now.  And then I heard her subvocalizing to me.  An urgent, constant stream of... unfiltered, uncomfortable, but important information.  I managed to stand up with her still on my back, playing everything off like it was cool... nothing had changed... making our way casually through the crowd, the two of us, looking for a place to have a private conversation.  But there wasn't anywhere.

I forced myself out of that dream, which involved breaking through 2-3 layers of "you're still dreaming and you can't move".  I had rolled into a position where I was hugging myself and put an arm to sleep.  I was pretty calm though, and almost immediately dropped back into the much chiller dream I listed first.

Wait, wasn't there a dream before that?  Yeah...  It was *another* social gathering, in a sprawling arcology.  I was being shown how to play a board game where each player got 8 round stones, 2 sticks, and a helmet with slots to carry their defeated units.  Which maybe continued to be useable from, er, heaven?  The location was probably more interesting.  I think it was an entire city, miles and miles, constructed several stories high in a living forest.  So tree trunks were everywhere, and above was a thick natural canopy.  A magitech utopia of games and academic pursuits.

At some point in that was when I went lucid, and managed to discover the secret to dreamflight - summoning that twist of the gut that happens when you spin in a pool of water.  That memory of dizzy weightlessness weakens gravity, and then it's just a matter of getting some velocity and becoming a hanglider.  While continuing to disbelieve the ground's power over you.

I also tried to call lightning on some trees but it didn't work, my heart wasn't in it.  The forest-city was just a dream, but so cool!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: January 08, 2021, 05:37:07 am »

Oh no wonder I can remember so much, I went to sleep at 4AM and it's only 5:30 now.  I better fall back asleep somehow...
In fact I meant to just jot down a few words about the cafeteria experience because I was so lucid.  But I remembered more and more, heh. 
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: January 08, 2021, 02:47:07 pm »

When comes the part where we run over a bunch of people with the riding mower all in glorious 3D?

https://youtu.be/PrZMlREG1qs?t=94
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: January 08, 2021, 05:14:44 pm »

End up tagging along with superspy dogs in a confrontation with a world threatening big bad in what seems to be like, literally a YA or middle school book plot.

Casually use the one weird trick played for gags (licking the tail, for some reason? Shown previously during approach on the stoic straight man mentor(dog) as a joke.) to make the big bad fall asleep during their evil monologue... and then promptly snap their neck like a dishrag and dump the corpse in a waste basket as I stroll out the room, main characters and supporting minions staring in confused shock.

Murdered a(n evil!) puppy to ruin a kid show plot. Have I been exposed to too many YA/juv book summaries...?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

LilyInTheWater

• Bay Watcher
  • Me want bite. Me want plant corn dog delight.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: January 09, 2021, 03:38:21 am »

Went to Canada, was going to visit the PM for some reason. Took a Corona Test where I had to dab some unknown body fluid I had from a water dropper on it. (It was...clear. So not blood.) and read my results from the color it changed. Tested negative but then there was this spot on it that turned red-orange which meant it could be corona. So I'm negative but I could be positive. So I might have it. Absolutely useless corona test. Then again I doubt that's how corona tests work.

It's weird. Whenever I dream I'm in canada I'm in a fancy part of a city with hoity toity french cafes and lots of people in a bright area. I don't know why I dream that.

I've had a dream where I'm maskless in a public crowded mall and I flipped the fuck out. Like I was just walking around a public mall and noticed I didn't have a mask on. Immediately was like AHHHH why am I MASKLESS and felt everyone judging me even if they didn't have a mask on.

my dreams are like. bizarrely mundane. Until something weird happens in it.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 03:49:13 am by LilyInTheWater »
Whatchu gonna do when I'm fucking small
Like one inch tall
You won't see me coming at all

He or They pronouns

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: January 09, 2021, 08:26:18 am »

https://youtu.be/PrZMlREG1qs?t=94
That's some trippy shit there, mower mouth mowing a brain.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: January 09, 2021, 07:37:57 pm »

I had a dream today while taking a nap. I was in the forest where Mystville takes place, and Reeta found me, in the dream she was taller than me. She came up behind me and asked if I could hear whispering, which I was. We continued walking, the whispers were telling us to spread, among lots of other voices saying various things, but the ones mentioning spreading and growing were more prominent. Even though we were heading away from the dead area, we apparently ended up back there, Reeta showed me the pixie brain with the small plant and it was growing faster in the corrupted area. I woke up shortly after, thinking Reeta’s voice sounded familiar, despite her voice in the dream being different from any real life people I know

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: January 11, 2021, 11:01:23 pm »

Last night it was a bicycling tour-race, but (almost all details are lost) we came to a gorge.  Looking over the edge, I couln't even see the ground.  There was a hazy suggestion of clouds inbetween, it was... difficult to focus on.  The bridge had a few planks but then was a bare ribcage of a bridge. 

People shrugged and shouldered their bikes. Such is cyclecross.
I prepared to make two trips, shouldering my bicycle (and ready to go back for []).  Stepping out on the wood which extended out into the... void.  Grasping - (I remember the feeling of holding on to the structure).  Stepping further out, carrying my bicycle on my shoulder, and

just, being so untethered.  Awash in an infinite sea.  Clouds beneath me, grasping desperately to thin wooden rods.

Edit: Cyclecross is a style of bicycling where you switch between carrying your bicycle on your shoulder and actually riding it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 11:06:58 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: January 12, 2021, 12:02:59 am »

Edit: Cyclecross is a style of bicycling where you switch between carrying your bicycle on your shoulder and actually riding it.

Sometimes you ride your bike

Sometimes your bike rides you
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: January 12, 2021, 02:20:13 am »

Hopefully your bike is light