Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497509 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4635 on: January 12, 2021, 12:48:16 pm »

The brackets are some item which I honestly can't remember.  Like a staff or bat of some sort, but it wasn't meant to be a weapon.  I don't know how I was carrying it while cycling, maybe that was part of the challenge.  Whatever it was, it was bulky enough that I decided I couldn't carry it and the bicycle while balancing on the thin wooden structure.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: January 12, 2021, 04:53:55 pm »

I had a dream that I was a swarm of bees. I could take the shape of a human, or send them out in separate directions on their own.

Later I woke up and the power had gone out. Only my clock remained on, with its battery backup. I had sleep paralysis with a sense of dread. Psych, that was a dream! Thanks, brain.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: January 12, 2021, 05:16:19 pm »

That’s interesting, have you ever read the Kaiju Com thread? My characters agents are wasps that can do something similar. At least there weren’t bees nearby when you woke up, or your brain might have been more confused.

A dream I had while dosing off involved somehow accidentally breaking 3 tablets including my own, and at one point accidentally destroying furniture while trying to fix them...I apologized a lot to the roommates whose tablets I broke, as well as breaking the furniture. Whenever I tried fixing something I somehow broke something else, I was crying and apologizing until an unknown person teleported to my dorm and said they’d take me home, then I woke up

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: January 17, 2021, 11:18:49 pm »

I keep having these layered dreams, where I think I've woken up and I'm just suffering from sleep paralysis, I move my fingers and other small parts of my body to get my brain to unlock my muscles or wake me up or something. Then I try to move (with considerable effort), and I just see this odd facsimile of my room. Then I decide to "sleep" again within this dream, and the cycle repeats. Sometimes I really do want to wake up, and I think I did actually move something, but my brain just sleep-paralyzes me back to sleep.

Then I actually wake up after a few more cycles, and the first thing I think is: "Wait, is this still my dream?". I was flailing around, mashing my brain's buttons trying to get myself to move, and the fact that I actually moved how I expected meant that, no, I've actually woken up.

I can't tell what I'm supposed to classify this as. A dream? Too nightmarish. A nightmare? Not horrifying enough. Is this some kind of allegory, in that I'm gonna continue to go through the same routine over and over without ever noticing anything?

Uthimienure

• Bay Watcher
  • O frabjous day!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: January 18, 2021, 05:08:26 pm »

I had the most wonderful dream since at least the last 10 years... it involved Susanne and Roxanne and I won't say anything about the details. The two most unusual thing about it are 1.) that even after I woke up, I was able to will myself back into semi-sleep and make the dream continue, and 2.) that I remember it pretty well 11 hours later.
"I've never really had issues with the old DF interface (I mean, I loved even 'umkh'!)" ... brewer bob
As we say in France: "ah, l'amour toujours l'amour"... François D.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: January 20, 2021, 01:07:09 pm »

^ owo

I had a dream that I was trying to fall asleep but couldn't. It was weird and kind of annoying.
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: January 21, 2021, 04:17:50 pm »

Had a bizarre one.

I was a soldier fighting in WWII. We were defending some town from a German attack. A grenade goes off near me, and I get knocked out by the blast. When I come to, I discover that the Germans had taken over the town, and the only survivor from my squad was some dude who lost most of his limbs to the same grenade(and somehow hadn't died of blood loss, I don't know), while I'm otherwise unhurt. The Germans didn't know we survived, and it fell to me to carry the other guy and try to sneak back to friendly lines. And then I woke up wondering what the hell I was dreaming about.

They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: January 22, 2021, 12:54:21 pm »

I had a dream that I was registering a body temperature of 120F-140F, but was otherwise basically in fine health and mental faculty.

Just to make sure I wasn't actually feverish, when I woke up I checked and was my usual 98.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: January 23, 2021, 04:00:10 pm »

I had a dream where I was lost in a dark place.  I had my phone flashlight but the light was mostly just absorbed into the ground, same as shining it into the starless sky.  It wasn't hazy, just a place of overpowering gloom.

And the weird thing is I'm pretty sure it was inspired by these monstrosities: https://twitter.com/noeljaboy/status/1352563540821905408?s=21
They got me talking about recurring dreams of being adrift in vast spaces, and I think my brain went poetic with that concept.  I could feel the ground just fine, but I was visually adrift instead.  It was more strange than scary.

Spoiler: CW abusive childhood (click to show/hide)

Had another dream just now on the night of the 26th:
It was like going to the fair with my friends, except it was a futuristic space fair with aliens and synthetics.  It was taking place in a VR game we were playing called The Outer Worlds, but the setting was more like Borderlands 3 with some aliens.  (Which, like... there's a lot of stuff in the Borderlands universe which barely seems human).

I don't remember any combat, mostly we were just hanging out in the massive fairground.  We had roles and there was a story we were supposed to be working on, like we were playing a TTRPG again.  I was a rather small synthetic named D4MS3L, heh.  A nice dream-mirror to playing as FL4K in BL3 before falling asleep.  Both cases they/them.

I got separated and really lost, but it wasn't bad.  Mostly just frustrating...  I had been in the right place to continue the story, some sort of corporate office, but I couldn't find it again and my friends didn't seem to care about the narrative much.  Ha, I remember trying to look up a walkthrough on my phone, but it kept identifying the songs my friends and I were singing.  I had a cool vocaloid voice :D

Finally, despite *playing* a *robot* in a VR game, I quickly summoned and put on my mask when some green alien officeworker got too close in an elevator.  I guess it's not the weirdest thing, FL4K behaves like an organic in a lot of ways in-game.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 11:04:36 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4644 on: February 01, 2021, 07:57:11 am »

I dreamed that I was in an old bookstore I used to frequent, one that did second hand books. It was in the old place back before it moved out of Greenwich, though it was more open ended and had been transplanted to the Southeastern coast where summer was shining. I was surprised to find copies of many books I had bought in the past stowed under a table, things like the Prince or the Oddysey with loads of annotations in my handwriting, but the notes were not notes I had made before. A store clerk I did not recognise asked if I needed any help, and I declined politely, showing I was just reading this huge old tome of an encyclopedia. As I recall it, the pages I was reading was on ants.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: February 01, 2021, 10:13:57 am »

As an important favor/job to a smoking lady who kept complaining about another smoking lady, I absolutely had to move a massive pile of unwrapped, room temperature chocolate bars to a birthday venue.  The pile was precariously stacked on a banquet table like a gravel pile, shifting as people "helped" to "inspect" some of it.  I had a cool older mechanic friend from my youth to help out, and we were trying to keep calm but it really wasn't looking good.  We agreed to get cardboard boxes from the liquor store (an actual life-hack, they tend to have loads of used boxes free for the public). 

My car would have taken a "dozen" trips but we had no budget for a truck, so we had to use his "van" (...ha, his name has a "van" in it!), a weird limo-length camper affair with a train-like joint in the middle.  Don't ask how the case survived bending like that, it was obviously a custom job.  It was going to be rough, it was going to look awful, but by golly we were going to move this pile of, again, unwrappped room temperature chocolate in used liquor boxes.  I didn't have a mask moment this time, maybe because I was too busy trying to ignore the hygiene implications of scooping armfuls of warm chocolate bars with my bare hands for a kid's party.

Apropos to nothing I made a little progress de-cluttering my room yesterday, wooo
Also I dreamed about volunteering in Scouts along with that mechanic guy, though it was mostly chatting about camper vehicles and otherwise reminiscing with nostalgia goggles while driving through a beautiful mountain village.

I dreamed that I was in an old bookstore I used to frequent, one that did second hand books. It was in the old place back before it moved out of Greenwich, though it was more open ended and had been transplanted to the Southeastern coast where summer was shining. I was surprised to find copies of many books I had bought in the past stowed under a table, things like the Prince or the Oddysey with loads of annotations in my handwriting, but the notes were not notes I had made before. A store clerk I did not recognise asked if I needed any help, and I declined politely, showing I was just reading this huge old tome of an encyclopedia. As I recall it, the pages I was reading was on ants.
Aw I miss old used bookstores so much!  There were two in particular I really loved growing up.  It was kinda neat finding some student's scribbled notes in a margin of a classic (though I would never do that myself!) but mainly I loved all the cheap pulpy sci-fi short story collections.  Or occasionally a fantasy novel, building up a setting for a series which I (or even the world) would never see the rest of.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 10:18:24 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4646 on: February 01, 2021, 10:39:40 am »

Aw I miss old used bookstores so much!  There were two in particular I really loved growing up.  It was kinda neat finding some student's scribbled notes in a margin of a classic (though I would never do that myself!) but mainly I loved all the cheap pulpy sci-fi short story collections.  Or occasionally a fantasy novel, building up a setting for a series which I (or even the world) would never see the rest of.
It's the second thing I'll do again when corona's over. Just find whatever 2nd hand bookstores are still up and running and get back on the dive. Best part of the 2nd hand bookstores was finding all the old books no one else cared about anymore; old histories, canons and texts... And the out of print pulp sci-fi novels. Never did finish my collection of Alpha Centauri novels

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: February 02, 2021, 02:22:15 am »

My dream involved taking a personality test for some kind of sinister evil organization, with the options chosen by walking from one end of the room to the other in certain lanes. That's kind of weird and uninteresting. What's much better was the fact that one of the options was OONA STEALTH MISSILE.

(The other two options were "melt bad guy", which was 'worth' 1 point, and something to do with collateral damage which was worth 2. OONA STEALTH MISSILE was also worth 2 points.)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: February 05, 2021, 10:58:37 am »

I visited my childhood home with my mom and brother.  In the dream she was preparing to sell it, and had had some very impressive renovations done.  It was kinda strange seeing the old "rustic" place so modernized,  particularly on our way out.

But then we went out walking in the surrounding forest after dusk.  She showed us some trails we somehow hadn't seen before.  We walked by pools of water where the tadpoles live, and came to a trail that wound down a ridge then back up a hill.  It was lined with little light bulbs which turned on as we moved, lighting our way.  I took some pictures with my phone but they came out blurry due to the darkness, but the dark canopy and something about the hill were very beautiful to me.  It's an effect I get in reality when revisiting that area to hike.

It was nice, but I woke up with a mix of sadness and anger as my thoughts turned to 2020.  I keep feeling very strong emotions when I dream, but hopefully they'll even out a little.
She/they

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: February 05, 2021, 06:50:08 pm »

I had a weird dream.

I was in a building cobbled together by my mind, as I remember it having features from multiple places.

It was sunset, and the outside was a forest with a canopy so high that only grey haze was visible under it.

There was a flight of black marbel stairs. I started to ascend those stairs, up to a large balcony, where a very tall figure was there, staring at the distance. I froze in fear, and said "I don't want to see this dream! I don't want to be here! Wake up, wake up!". As soon as I uttered those words, the dream fell apart. I woke up.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 338