Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497512 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4650 on: February 06, 2021, 04:30:34 am »

My brother and I were roughhousing at a mock funeral (recital?) and the sensation of being tickled felt incredibly real.  Also we were in everyday clothes but I'm pretty sure no one was dead yet so it wasn't a big deal..
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4651 on: February 06, 2021, 05:59:18 am »

Recently had a dream where I was fighting Nazis while being aided by a living chocolate bar that was running around eating the dead Nazis corpses, then at some point later in the dream I had to save the chocolate bar from the Nazis that had some how captured it and were eating it, but for some reason I couldn't use the guns I had so I grabbed the first thing I could find which was a plunger that was sitting in a table next to a couch for some reason, then I threw it at the Nazis, and it hit the one eating the chocolate bar in the face and came over to see where it had come from but not the other ones, so I waited for him to come around a corner and I knocked him down and stomped his head and saved the chocolate bar which immediately started to eat the dead guys head.

I have no idea what the hell brought on this dream.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4652 on: February 06, 2021, 09:35:17 pm »

I remember plugging in a USB-C cable, basically being the thing that's hanging this mass of technology wrapped with yet more cables to a wall, and the cable just fell out. Not by the connector, but the cable itself. It just looked like someone snipped the cable, but I couldn't see anything that did it. I was disappointed because it just looked like a flimsy cable. I turned away, then I looked back, and the whole thing was gone.

I dunno if this is some metaphor for my projects; I encounter one hurdle and I just say "fuck it", then it just disappears from my mind.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4653 on: February 08, 2021, 07:11:02 pm »

I was lucid dreaming in Washington DC, doing a tour of the national archives which I thought was real.  It was mostly boring, but it did have some details about a 2016-ish internet worm.  Despite being lucid, I thought I had been here- but it was an imagined place.

I left, and met my mom in a hall.  She was dreaming too.  She was carrying a pile of artifacts.  We talked about how cool lucid dreaming is, and she asked me to carry one thing into the real world.  I took it in my arms - it was large, perhaps a little spiny like a mine. 

I tried to hold on to it, but I couldn't quite - it disappeared in my arms.  Unsurprising.  I felt it dissolve as the dream dissolved.
Of course, I was still asleep.

My brother beckoned as the reminder of mom's dream dissolved in my arms.He needed help with something.  With what, I don't remember, only that he... I think he mocked my ethics a bit... but then he sidestepped into a bog.

A drowning-bog.  I dove on the ground, dreamily unpanic-ed, yet desperate to get him out.  I sought around, and found his hand.  I pulled.  I lost my grip, and shifted my body on the shore.  I found him again, and did my best.

I lost him again and he

This is rough.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4654 on: February 08, 2021, 08:21:11 pm »

Was playing DF. My adventurer was an elf, and had a single blue horn, marking them as a member of a "special race" of elves called the blue monkeys which was created by an artifact which I think was also a blue horn. The game told me that they were the last of their kind because said artifact had shifted into being something else, likely to the machinations of [forgotten the name], who I presumed was a demon.

Uh, I looked at my map and saw that the goblin nation was on the opposite side of the little world I was in. Considered going over there to confront the demon overlord, would have had to go through either human or dwarven controlled areas.

Spent the rest of the dream in a "room" inside of a gigantic tree, basically an elven skyscraper. I think that floor was being used as a warehouse because there was stuff stacked up. Talked to a dwarf who lived or worked there or something.

I think it was supposed to be in VR. Maybe something like VR Armok Vision? With the dwarf I could change different settings to show them as a sprite or as a 3d model. Pretty neat.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4655 on: February 08, 2021, 08:58:33 pm »

Dreaming you’re a DF elf? How lewd.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4656 on: February 08, 2021, 09:24:26 pm »

elves are cool

Also I wasn't the elf, just playing as them.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4657 on: February 10, 2021, 05:19:29 am »

Woke up from a cool dream where I trekked an arctic wilderness by headbutting the wall in real life

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4658 on: February 11, 2021, 03:14:08 am »

I had a dream that some construction toys kept flying towards me and piercing my flesh. They were hard to pull out and I had to keep bending and breaking them to try to keep them from coming back, as more kept flying at me from out of nowhere. The ones embedded in my back were the hardest to remove, since there was a pillow stuck there, leaving very little to grab. That was some serious SCP-type shit.

Later, I was trying to carry minerals, wild berries, dice, and stuff while going down waterfalls and waterslides. They kept slipping out of my grip and getting washed away, as I tried ineffectually to recover them with a magic horseshoe magnet that helped me relocate the nearest item. I also had twin grapple hooks (like Terraria) to help move around rooftops, but ended up getting washed down the waterslides anyways. Worst part at the end of this dream was that I was caught in a loop going down the same three slides, without reaching the ground, like some kind of Escher painting.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 03:18:13 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4659 on: February 11, 2021, 04:49:00 am »

Dreamed I was an evil henchman for a James Bond-tier villain (well, at least the old James Bond villains, the ones that would attach laser beams to dolphins, not the cynical post 9/11 ones). I was guarding the top secret base reactor for the top secret base power that powered the top secret base. It was all really tiresome work, when all of a sudden a band of malarcking heroes arrived. I told them in no uncertain terms that they would never get past me, even if it killed me. They offered to give me "what I wanted most in this world" and I told them nothing they could give would get me to betray evil overlord. Then they sprayed some soporific thing at me, offered me the world's comfiest bed, and the whole time I'm protesting they lead me to this really comfy bed and whilst I'm telling them I'll never go to sleep, I go to sleep whilst they tuck me in. 10/10 good malarcking heroes

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4660 on: February 15, 2021, 11:40:59 am »

I had a bunch of carrots and diet ginger ale before bed and dreamed I was eating a chewy Lego sampler kit, and spat it up rather than buy the full kit.  It tasted like aspartame and cellulose.  I had a similar dream once where I was eating laptop keys.

I "woke up" into a nightmare where I had gotten blackout drunk last night. 
Spoiler: Some teeth horror (click to show/hide)

Fortunately I found a new door in my room that was letting the winter cold in.  There was a snowman outside, and we never get enough snow for that (just ice), so I realized I was dreaming.  That was a massive relief and I took a while to appreciate that no part of it was real. 
I guess I'm changing my distraction-snacks though - celery and hummus sounds good.  I guess I stayed up too late chatting with a friend.

(Also at some earlier point I was trying to visit a local park/museum, but of course it was closed.  The way out went through an associated hospital, which I got lost in the corridors of, and I didn't have my mask.  So I had to try to avoid all the very busy healthcare workers, who kept giving me looks of concern for myself and everyone else.)
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4661 on: February 16, 2021, 04:37:01 am »

Lol it's so true

the look is a mastered art form

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4662 on: February 18, 2021, 12:39:52 pm »

My cat was around again, and super cute, but I had to hand her gobs of raw ground meat which she nommed down with uncanny ease.  I kinda realized I was dreaming so we just chilled like old times, besides the meat thing.  That was nice :3

Other than that, something about having to wear a hoodie/cloak everywhere instead of a mask.  Some cyberpunk dystopia vibes, I think, involving anonymity and having to lower the hood in certain social settings.  Probably inspired by lovely cold walks in my raincoat~
She/they

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4663 on: February 24, 2021, 11:43:15 am »

Do you like the new tech? asked the CEO over his screen. It is meant to be more intuitive than any system before it. Complaints of obstructive interfaces are a thing of the past.

I did not like the new tech. It kept falling apart when I tried to use it, USB cables coming open like the parts of a ballpoint pen-- and now, the skin of my three leftmost fingers had detached in the same manner. Three connected sheaths of thick epidermis, damp and clammy; I jammed the thing back into its place, hoping the dying skin would reattach.

As I was explaining the failings of the new technology to the CEO, my eyes turned to my left pinky (sheathed still in epidermis): it was bright, acrylic orange, a corporate logo shimmering over its surface. I knew it to be a camera, and found it repulsive. Try typing something, the CEO said-- though I heard it more as an intent than as distinct words. We'll troubleshoot.

I typed clumsy words, as best I could remember them. The lowercase "c" insisted on rendering as a c-cedilla, "ç". I typed out "Czechoslovakia"; the c-key seemed to behave itself-- but surely, I thought, this was not the proper spelling.

I saw the images from my pinky camera (why was my finger a camera?) appear on the screen, a greyscale grid; the CEO mused over them, not seeming to have learned much from the experiment. I considered the still-shot of my own typing, and felt a tugging on my arm; I looked down--

...a cheap plastic bandaid. Pastel blue, faint-colored flowers, translucent.
Oh, said the CEO, I can read your thoughts. That won't be a problem, will it?

That was a problem. I railed at the CEO, and at the immorality of his actions. He smiled, and asked: Really, what were you expecting?
I didn't have a good answer to that.
Why don't you pray to me, then?
I stared, incredulous.
Pray to me, he repeated, ingratiating, rat-like. I'm a god now, after all. Why don't you pray to me?
...I let a curse run through my head, as loud as I could think it. The smile faded from his face.
Fine. Be that way.

I peeled off the band-aid, but he'd hidden many more on my person. I leapt and battered my way through some pristine cyberspace, striking at his avatars; my relatives (fictional people, nameless) sat at a table and stared. I leapt past the table, took hold of my brother (a fiction)-- a hug goodbye, kind of-- and pushed him up and away, as I hurtled towards a window. I tore the frame off the wall, pushed through the screen. I jumped, buoyant, and felt reality returning as I did so--

Two tiny creatures watched from a flying car made from cardboard, as I careened from platform to yellow, metal platform. They knew what I intended to do. They knew it would probably kill me.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4664 on: February 24, 2021, 11:57:45 pm »

I was scrolling through GitHub (or some facsimile of it), and I just saw lists of bootleg reverse-engineered decoders for... video coding formats of some kind. I suspect they're of the proprietary, patent-encumbered kind. Some of them boasted "90% accuracy!", but absolutely none of them claimed perfect decoding.
Pages: 1 ... 309 310 [311] 312 313 ... 338