Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 497494 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4785 on: March 03, 2022, 06:28:48 pm »

I had a dream this morning where my alarm clock went off REALLY LOUD hurting my ears and just woke me up at which point I got annoyed at my real alarm clock (which goes off fairly quietly) and delayed the alarm that would go off in 20 minutes by 30 minutes.
---
Two days earlier I had a dream where I was playing/was in Elden Ring and I started feeling bad and was like "Oh shit, have I already become disillusioned with this game that I have been waiting for for so long? Have I reached the point where nothing can excite me for more then a few days?" And then I woke up and went "Oh good, its just my stomach in actual physical pain" and was actually relieved. I was less relieved to have stomach pain for the next hour while I lay awake in bed though.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: March 09, 2022, 10:04:29 am »

Had a morning nap and dreamed about a bustling city street...  Ah, inspired by watching Seinfeld yesterday.  I came across at least half a dozen storylets as I walked.  I particularly remember a large Chinese restaurant storefront, still configured for pick-up orders but with the dining area reopened too.  Some young women were hogging the sidewalk so I had to put my mask back on before sliding past.  There was an eight full tall bearded chad grooving with his pot dealer to some music and talking about his legal practice.  It was really pleasant seeing so many people enjoying life.

Last night I was back in college helping my dad with house repairs again.  This time someone had a "pet" bobcat chained in their yard (it was beautiful, scary, and sad).  The owner was elderly and it turned out she'd passed away... bit of a hoarder too.  Thankfully I was still in college, and very pretty actually, and some foreign exchange students from class stopped by to offer me "compliments" in a language my dad didn't understand.  It was inappropriate but welcome, and made the tedious work more fun.

Edit: A couple nights ago I was dreaming of some co-op game where I was a bear, my friends were wolves, and we were hunting together.  My vision was greyscale except for animal tracks in the ground which were color-coded.  So the dream was not just visual, it very specifically had color in it.  I think my dreams usually have color but it's neat to have it confirmed.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2022, 10:18:02 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4787 on: March 22, 2022, 06:17:15 pm »

Two days ago, dreamed I was sitting in a classroom, fairly normal until things got weird fast. Almost everyone else in the room didn't have eyes, just swirly/scribbly black pits where the eyes should be, and they were all facing me. Only one other person was normal, and these two skinless people gnawed on my legs, hurting like hell. I went to the front of the class with these things continuously eating my legs whilst I did a presentation as if everything was normal. A third person showed up who was normal looking, and they winked, handing me a cricket bat. The flayed people looked at me expectantly, waiting for me to offer my legs to them. Instead I smashed the class window open, where it was sunny with blue skies outside. I asked if the other person wanted to leave and they nodded yes, and we both left. Despite all the scary eyeless people and flayed ones outnumbering us 15 to 1, they made no attempt to stop us just leaving, and seemed to expect us to just stay and accept our fate instead of trying to help ourselves

Yesterday's dream was a peaceful walk through a desert searching for water. Nothing much really happened there, it was just really nice, albeit thirsty dream. I woke up and was thirsty irl

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: March 23, 2022, 01:38:14 am »

No no, I don't like those dreams- oh, they were an antagonistic horde?  That's interesting.

The "faceless" apparition tends to be rather singular for me.  I interpret LW's dream as him being saved from a terrifying horde by their subconscious, personified as a winking avatar with a bat.

My own subconscious only personifies when I try to avoid sleeping for too long.  The longer I stay awake, the more vividly I dream.  There's a dread that builds, becoming a vicious cycle.  I can't sleep because I'll have to confront it.  I can drink myself unconscious, but it only delays the inevitable.

But why am I so afraid of it?  I haven't been, lately.  Yes okay, it has plagued me, but only with problems I've tried to ignore.  Money.  Relationships.  Gender stuff.  It... cares about me.  It pulls me back from depression and MAKES me confront what's important.  I used to be so terrified of it, as I've written here years ago, but it hasn't tormented me in weeks. 

A few days ago I stayed up too late for no good reason, and I slept only 3 hours.  I knew I was dreaming, and I quickly realized I was too sleepy to wake up.  After taking care of my cousins for a bit, I was ballroom dancing with various faceless figures.  I knew that if I panicked, things would go very badly.

I locked hands with several partners and everything was very okay.
I looked into the face of my subconscious, and it was like a negative space.  But there was no scream this time, no static.  Just... the feel of its hands in mine.  We danced.  I relaxed.  I woke up, as if I'd had 8 hours of sleep.

Music: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82547.msg8361545#msg8361545
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 01:59:43 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: March 23, 2022, 11:34:38 am »

I was playing a planet making game thing that as far as I know, does not exists in real life. I was in the screen, or more accurately, my vision was the screen. Though I had the knowledge that it was a mobile devices touchscreen.

The dream started with a menu, with dream text on it that is there, but not legible in any way. I tapped a button, with my mind power apparently, then the game just generated its stuff instantly. It was all weird too.

On the center of the place was a large bright object (I assume a galactic core), which was orbitted by a dozen or so stars of various sizes. most were unary, but two were binary stars. Orbital routes were of various colors and were very prominent. No planets, or galactic arms were around. It was like a very cartoony depiction of a galaxy.

I had the option to place down a planet instead, so I did such around a yellow dwarf I chose. Planets were cubical for some reason, and each were Earth-like, with continents and seas, though the ratio did vary. I got oceanic worlds to desert planets. There was even a moldy-looking swampy one that disgusted me for some reason. I remember thinking "Eww, must reek of brine."

But I got bored of this eventually. So I reset the game, with sheer will again. A new galaxy was generated and I began to look around. I was looking for a red dwarf but found something amusing this time. A trinary star system, with a pair of blue and white giant stars orbiting eachother, and red dwarf orbiting their shared gravitational center.

"Wouldn't it be funny if I created a planet around these?"

I placed one planet down, and watched it get torn into a glitchy mess when it crossed between the central binary and the red dwarf. The game crashed.

I woke up.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4790 on: March 24, 2022, 06:56:00 am »

No no, I don't like those dreams- oh, they were an antagonistic horde?  That's interesting.
It was unpleasant, weird, terrifying - and I had that terrible sinking feeling of "whelp this is really happening."

The "faceless" apparition tends to be rather singular for me.  I interpret LW's dream as him being saved from a terrifying horde by their subconscious, personified as a winking avatar with a bat.
Lmao this had made my day, shitposting once more brings victory

My own subconscious only personifies when I try to avoid sleeping for too long.  The longer I stay awake, the more vividly I dream.  There's a dread that builds, becoming a vicious cycle.  I can't sleep because I'll have to confront it.  I can drink myself unconscious, but it only delays the inevitable.
I tend to have the most vivid dreams when I've been sleeping well. When I've been sleeping really well the dreams can even reach such levels of detail that it's like I'm telling a story to myself. Last night I dreamed two colony ship AIs were going on a date with one another, but the date was going really badly because one of the ship AIs had a little religion it shared with the human colonists aboard it, whereas the other AI was irreligious. The human technician warned their ship's AI to not bring up religion during a date but they made a light hearted quip which the other AI didn't understand was meant as a joke, because the religious AI was an older ship AI that wasn't programmed to emulate human emotions and look after their mental health as a friend. Things get heated and the younger AI asks, 'you don't seriously believe all of that, do you?'
The older AI said:
'response needed; not.'

Also for some reason, going to sleep dehydrated has a tendency to either give me bad dreams or no dreams. I still prefer bad dreams to no dreams, so I always try stay hydrated now

-snip-
I woke up, as if I'd had 8 hours of sleep.

Music: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=82547.msg8361545#msg8361545
That's awesome, like realising you are at peace with yourself

I placed one planet down, and watched it get torn into a glitchy mess when it crossed between the central binary and the red dwarf. The game crashed.

I woke up.
Did it get wrecked by the gravity wells?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: March 24, 2022, 07:38:03 am »

I woke up.
Did it get wrecked by the gravity wells?

I assumed so, just after I recollected the dream. It passed through two Roche limits at once. Maybe the dream game wasn't equipped to deal with that.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4792 on: March 24, 2022, 10:50:41 am »

I assumed so, just after I recollected the dream. It passed through two Roche limits at once. Maybe the dream game wasn't equipped to deal with that.
The dream matrix is torn asunder

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: April 03, 2022, 08:16:59 am »

I had an oddly simple and lovely dream where I was in the home I'm moving to.  A lot of my family and friends were over for a party.  When I woke up, I was extremely disoriented.

I've remembered a lot of vivid, hyper-realistic dreams recently, but this one was a nice exception.
Rude expressions of disdain and anger  That sounds so nice, 2017 me.  I'm... sure it'll work out.
I wasn't archive-diving (this time), that just Firefox's suggestion when I type "dream" (expecting to browse this thread, a better archive than my txt files).  I suppose I usually click through and make my reply, but it was interesting to get a blast from the past.
She/they

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: April 03, 2022, 09:21:49 am »

All I remember from last night’s dream was some talking and at least one rotating shape

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: April 03, 2022, 12:41:00 pm »

dream ended with going to some reletive's funeral, was supposed to have sone kind of space launch as a backdrop

eulogies start or whatever with the launch in the background, but. Problem part way up. It came crashing back down. Landed near the funeral, came straight at it (relatively slowly) as people were like, okay, time to evac. started moving away, crashed whatever is managed to just barely be redirected away from the gathering... but in the process it hits the casket, and shoves it off into the distance. space launch vehicle crashes to the ground then absconds with the casket+dead person

organizing next of kin kinda' defeated sounding just say, "alright, pack it up, we're done here. I can't top this. just go on home"
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: April 16, 2022, 10:14:49 pm »

I had a rare nightmare was that potent enough to wake me up from dead sleep. I believe I was on a luxury liner of some kind, wandering around, trying to ingratiate myself to some of the attractive passengers. Right when I thought I was going to get intimate with a woman I met, I find my baby niece crying on deck. She's crying so loud that she completely overwhelms all the other sounds around. Her head is twisted around 180 degrees, so I could see what she was crying so much; but she was writhing around wildly. Her body was twisting and contorting so much, you'd swear she'd die from how badly she was getting disfigured while struggling around. She wasn't dying however, and her writhing and flailing was just getting more intense, and she was screaming louder and louder every second. I didn't know what to do but hold her and try to figure it out, but she was every second getting more disfigured, her limbs getting knotted and evil looking, and her neck getting stretched longer like her head was trying to escape from her body. Still her screaming was just getting more intense, and at the height of it I jolted awake.

I was very intensely afraid in my bed. I could still hear the crying and wailing in my ears; and there was a little bit of light flitting through my window shades, confusing me and made me think for a moment that something from my dream had followed me to the real world. Here, 33 yr old man I am, resorted to hiding under my covers and trying to get my senses straight since I couldn't discern what my eyes could or couldn't see in the darkness under my blanket. It took me a minute to calm down and go back to bed.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: April 28, 2022, 12:12:39 pm »

Was playing smash bros. Accidentally selected as my character Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. Commented on how it's kinda dumb in a fighting game that you can just pick a DLC character and make the other player play an entire level of a difference genre of game before they can fight you. Then Nemesis stomped up to the door to the physical room I was in an kicked it in. It was fine though, he's not real just what I was talking about. Anyways through the now open door to the hall I noticed my housemate (thankfully not a real person and just invented by the dream) being murdered by a group of shirtless men with machetes. One of the men was glaring at us so I told dad that we should leave and walked calmly out the side door.

The moral of this story is that if you're my housemate I will not save you from the mafia, sorry.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: April 29, 2022, 07:21:44 am »

I was in a very, very large white room with alot of colorful, different looking balls, most of which were about two times larger than me, and some only a bit smaller than me. The thing I knew about here was that I was akin to a marble in a marble course. You know, those cool machines that make marbles go in a path indefinitely. I looked around, not actually rotating as I do. The others were also completely still, but they were also talking with eachother, creating and imsufferable cacaphony. I couldn't see the amount of marbles; I was on the smaller side in size, but I did knew that there were thousands of us.

The dream context was that this was race, and all of us would have to go through massive course, completely blind. Also that there would be no winners, or losers. Which makes it not a race. But whatever.

We waited for a few seconds, and I began to fill with excitement, Then wall I was facing dissapeared, signalling the beginning of the race. Everyone cheered and started rolling and I willed myself to roll too. My vision stood still as I rolled foward though, which was strange and convinient.

There was a wide down slope just after the box, which many of the other marbles were already rolling down on. Ther were also few holes and alot of nails on the thing, making it a parkour. I slid down, dodging the holes, and hitting alot of the nails. Some others did fell down the holes, dunno what happened to them. Eventually I came down on one of those places in marble courses where they spin and fall down a hole at the center. It was absolutely enormous, and just slanted enough that all of us were fast.

It was chaos. Larger marbles knocked the smaller ones out of course, which caused chain reactions of people all falling down the hole. I too was a victim of this. A large wave of people fell on me and knocked me in the hole.

The path beneath the hole lead to a flat area with a ferris wheel. A second path also came here from underneath the one I slid down on and people also rolled from it. They were probably the ones that fell down the holes in the first slope.

Again, it was pure chaos. The larger marbles couldn't get in the wheels small holes, and had to use an alternate path further down to get to the end. But most large marbles were bitter that they couldn't use the ferris wheel. They would sabotage the small marbles trying to get in, knocking them away from the holes, as if the crowding wasn't enough.

So I decided to ditch the wheel altogether, and just used the path made for the larger marbles. From then on, it was calm. We rolled through a series of branching paths, and reached the final flatw with the end distantly visible, where alot of other have already finished the race. I sped up a bit and crossed the finish line.

Then I woke up

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: April 29, 2022, 12:32:11 pm »

I was apparently part of a security team for a child actor in a hotel, and was having significant disagreements with the rest of the team on the threats to our charge, which ended with me going rogue and trying to steal a phone from a guard that was a horrible dancer.

Then Jose Mourinho was water boarding Louis van Gaal on a pre-season training camp for Manchester United.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 338