Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 338

Author Topic: The Dream Thread  (Read 502921 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Thread
« Reply #4800 on: May 01, 2022, 04:45:45 am »

I was on vacation with a group of generic friends to Turkey.  We were being obnoxious tourists when a man told us some fundi group in black garb and red hats were coming to make their country great again were coming, and they’d kill us if we went to our hotel. He took us to his roof, where all the tourists in the city were gathered.  As the sound of sword fighting came closer he turned on us, selling us out.  The men in black started cutting through the crowd on the roof so I jumped.  I hid in a garage bag, thinking I was a coward.  then I pretended to be dead on the side of a road until dawn, but the men in black had swept through and still held the city.  I woke up as I was contemplating how to avoid getting buried alive or discovered.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4801 on: May 01, 2022, 05:05:12 am »

Dreamed I was back in secondary school preparing for the last exams, only things were getting weird. The first day the winter sun went down early as you'd expect, but it kept getting darker as none of the street lights went on. A bit puzzled I went home, thinking it was a bit odd that there were no buses or people, but that also wasn't too strange for winter.
The next day I saw things from the corner of my eye - strange ghostly things, which I ignored because I needed to finish my work before it was too late. Some old classmates asked me if I wanted to join them for lunch, if I had seen some odd stuff lately, but I brushed off both questions to focus on my work.
The third day all hell broke loose as hungry ghosts emerged from every doorway and window, ultimately hunting down everyone one by one. I managed to evade them for long until I got stuck in a corridor with hungry ghosts on either end blocking the exits. Then, I was killed.

The first day started again, only this time instead of going home I stayed overnight at the school. One of the hungry ghosts came out and I charged into her, smashing her through the glass portal on a fire-safety door. There were however, other hungry ghosts on the other side. Once more I was killed, once more I awoke in day one, but I felt distinctly more capable of rescheduling the day of death with the hungry ghosts.

The next cycle I spent memorising what would happen where so I could figure out what I needed to do. I would repeat the cycles until I was capable of speedrun any% groundhog daying day3 with everyone surviving without a scratch. When I had finally figured out the optimal route I spent all of day 1 doing exercise, all of day 2 resting, and woke up for day 3 with grand purpose and intent. Many would drown in the pools, but I simply locked the doors with a sign saying pool's closed for safety reasons. My bodybuilding friend was dissuaded from hanging near lots of heavy dangerous gym equipment by spilling all of his protein powders, leaving him with a mess that would take a very long time to clean up. On the stairwell I caught my friend who was about to trip and fall over, then I immediately ran to the science halls where I pressed the emergency gas shutoff. This went on and on until I was in the corridor where I first was slain, and the hungry ghosts are understandably angry at my intentions. I explain to them I do not intend to cheat them, or play with their emotions, but only to reschedule. I then invite them to lunch with many flapjacks and sandwiches I had "salvaged" from elsewhere, and they gladly accept. I managed to complete day 3 nonviolently with everyone being ok, and I kissed all the ghosts goodbye after we ate our sandwiches

*EDIT
Tonight I dreamed I spent two nights watching movies. The first night with many of my family and their acquaintances whom I much dislike for their needlessly spiteful personalities, but fortunately I was too tired and they were too drunk to cause trouble. The next day I watched movies at the cinema theatre with my friends; they were doing a promotional for a horror movie where if you found the spooky secret you'd win a small ticket prize. After solving the puzzle, with a minor jumpscare, I won the ticket inside a safe next to a fire extinguisher. There was a locked cabinet besides it that had a phone with an annoying ringtone going off nonstop, but it was then that I realised that phone was my own phone alarm and I woke up because the blasted thing was dodoodling in real life
« Last Edit: May 03, 2022, 01:11:54 am by Loud Whispers »

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: May 07, 2022, 11:30:52 am »

I was on vacation with a group of generic friends to Turkey... 

...As the sound of sword fighting came closer he turned on us, selling us out...

Sorry, it wasn't personal. I have my own skin to save, you know? It was either you or me.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: May 08, 2022, 04:35:03 am »

I saw my brothers crying, they miss their dad.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4804 on: May 18, 2022, 05:11:03 am »

Neon coloured people kept trying to talk to me about football, but I had nothing to say about football. Wherever I went however, they followed. When I went home I found my home was full of them. I asked them where the hell they were all coming from, they answered only by talking more about football. I instead sought company from a giant talking stone head, who spoke many interesting things about history, but I could not take his word for complete truth as many things sounded suspect

*EDIT 19/05/2022
I dreamed I was sitting in an open walled temple, with the roof keeping the scorching sun off my back. There was a hot and humid breeze, with many trees all about me, though there were few blossoming flowers. The sounds of birdsongs and insects were plentiful, and I was sitting cross-legged meditating, completely buck naked. The stone was cool and I was able to medidate peacefully, interrupted only twice. The first time a column of fire ants approached, and I set up a small moat of water to divert their course. The second time a monkey showed up, and I observed it before it lost interest and left.

Then a history teacher started scolding Hitler and Chamberlain for getting into a fight. I was very annoyed that the history teacher was assigning equal blame, when it was clear Chamberlain wanted to be no part of this. Hitler started screaming for Fegerlein whilst the history teacher said history assigns equal blame. Annoyed by this spuriousness, I sought to go back to my temple, but found it was gone. Angry, I smashed the window open with my chair, however soon regretted losing my composure. I decided that I had not smashed the window. Yet I also figured that I could not un-smash a window, or else that would be disrespectful to the dream. I spoke to myself, and argued I could not disrespect the dreamer, because the dreamer was also me. So I smashed the window again and left.

Seeking to return to my temple, I instead found myself walking down a dark and ancient forest, which was much too cold for my naked body. A column of Italian WWII soldiers rode by on motorcycles, though they were all black-and-white, like from an old film. They waved hello at me and bid me come with them, but I worried if I did, they would realise I was not Italian and shoot me. So I continued onwards, feeling more vulnerable and concerned that there was something following me in the woods. Always looking around so I could not be ambushed, I successfully navigated down the path until I emerged into a clearing.

After this, I remember speaking to two other peoples. But where I was, who they were or what we talked of, I can no longer recall
« Last Edit: May 19, 2022, 05:26:04 am by Loud Whispers »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: May 22, 2022, 07:08:44 am »

dream brain be like, boobs! They deflate! And then spider swarms crawl out from them!

and i be like

why dream brain

why
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4806 on: May 22, 2022, 09:47:17 am »

looks like you got shelob'd

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: May 22, 2022, 09:41:24 pm »

hot
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: May 23, 2022, 02:24:32 am »

Nice
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: May 23, 2022, 02:55:12 am »

why dream brain

why

It was a warning. Never let your boobs deflate.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: May 23, 2022, 05:18:40 am »

I was a developing economic AI with a younger brother AI and a trans older sister AI calling herself Aegis.  Our AI parents were raising us liberal (in this case, respect human autonomy first and their well-being a close second) but my sister and I were surreptitiously hanging out with a "cool" nearly-graduated AI set to manage a planned community.  I think she was dating my sister.

I guess even AI juveniles have to act out a bit :P

Later, human:
I had trouble parking my dad's electric car because it kept shifting itself into reverse, and later we had to power-walk out of a mall because someone walked in on our mom withdrawing cannibinoids from a safety deposit box.  She escaped suspicion easily but my brother and I looked "the type" so we had to walk like we stole something (AKA in an unsuspicious way, blending with crowds).  We made really good time, consistently passing by security guards right before they got the radio call.  It was exciting, and all very silly since that substance is decriminalized in her state.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: May 25, 2022, 09:49:39 am »

Dream brain has informed me that mixing ketchup and chocolate syrup together is either good, or something only a supervillain would do.

anyway, there's still enough time to add stuff to this afternoon's grocery pickup, so I guess I'm going to find out which one it is
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4812 on: May 25, 2022, 04:00:20 pm »

Dreamed I was hunting vampires in the 21st century. Everyone was aware that vampires existed and regularly drank people's blood but just shrugged their shoulders and went about their daily lives because there wasn't much you could do about it, and whilst everyone knew vampires meant drained people, they always just assumed it would be someone else who got the succ. I collected much info on a bunch of high ranking vampires, who seemed to be embroiled in a civil war, but before I could do anything with this information it turned out one of the chief vampire's guards was actually a werewolf, and upon the full moon started to kill all the vampires. After I left, I was a victorian maid. I was too busy to question the gender flip or genre shift, as I was fairly senior ranking, and there was a very important dinner about to take place and only two hours left to complete the food and drink preparations. I did my best to direct everyone, but everyone already had far more experience in their roles which had already been delegated by my own superior, so my entire role was redundant and I was constantly apologetic for getting in people's ways, despite all my colleagues reassuring me that I was indeed useful to them. In the end the dinner was a grand success; but in both sequences, all of my objectives were accomplished by others and yet credit awarded to me unjustly. Upon waking up, I found this very funny because my current situation I feel the opposite - that I accomplish others objectives and yet receive no credit. Good dreams, would hunt vampires with victorian maids again 10/10

*EDIT
26/06/2022
I dreamed I was diving, going far deeper than I had ever gone before. I went below an arch, expecting only to go 40m deep, but by the end of the arch I realised there was no more sunlight anymore. Besides the light of my torch or the light of phytoplankton, there was no other way to see, and I could no longer tell which way was up or which was down, or how to find my way back. As I was alone, I realised I was likely already dead, as I was far too deep in the water to surface safely anymore, and there was also a possibility that I had not dived too deep - but had actually dived into a cave system by mistake, in which case I would run out of air before I found the exit. Staying calm, I figured I would improve my odds of survival by swimming until I found a surface to navigate from. To my dismay, I found a mudbed and a trench wall. I knew I was deep, but this was obscenely abyssal. I did not know how I had not already passed out, but guessed I might have less than a minute before I lost consciousness.

But I was jolted from my thoughts by a mermaid. They could only be described as a mermaid, because they were both fish and manlike, though they were not pleasing to look at. They were bioluminescent, yet had the face of a terrifying aquatic predator, not too dissimilar from an anglerfish. The only difference between them and an anglerfish was that their eyes were wholly reflective, so when I shone my torch at them, it was like looking at silver mirrors. I pulled out my knife, which wouldn't have protected me all that much, but simply having it was enough to convince the mermaids to wait for unconsciousness rather than risk a cheeky slice or prick. I kept going, glad to still be conscious, but became distinctly aware that I was hallucinating things. A camp fire drew me towards it, and I swam towards it eagerly, stopping just short as I realised the insanity of fire underwater. I had almost swum into a volcanic vent, and the mermaids sang in what I couldn't tell was mockery or warning. I even began to wonder if the mermaids were trying to help me, and I had been fending away my saviours, but I worried too that this was a trick as well. Pressured by time, I released my weight belt and prayed I would not hit some cavernous ceiling, and would instead be borne to the surface. I was not looking forward to the ascent, as I knew I would probably suffer a painful death, but I hoped to escape this horrifying band of circling anglermaids.

When I released the emergency clasp on my weight belt, I plummeted down, deeper into the trench. Then I realised I had it wrong - my weight belt had fallen up, which meant that actually I was upside down. I wasn't falling, I was rising. Yet even with my limited visibility and disorientation I knew I could not have entered from the bottom of the trench. I would not have survived such an endeavour, even if it were possible outside of a submersible craft. Yet I was ascending, and much faster than the anglermaids could follow. I almost passed out but managed to stay awake in the shower of tickling bubbles. I emerged inside a semi-flooded temple and hurriedly clambered onto land before the anglermaids could nip at my feet. There was a mostly-intact roof above my head, though most of the temple's walls had collapsed, the signs of coastal erosion evident. The roof was held aloft by corinthian style pillars, so I thought it might not be too old a temple. Yet the figures on the reliefs had no symbol or character I recognised. There were many gods depicted, but they seemed more Egyptian or Babylonian than Greek or Roman, with lion-like bodies and human heads, or other animalistic chimerae. I guessed this place was either moderately ancient temple which had aged well, or else it was less than a hundred years old and had just aged badly.

I left the temple, seeing that I was on a very small island surrounded by the ocean. I removed my breathing apparatus, before quickly putting it back on in a panic. For a moment I thought that perhaps I was still hallucinating, and that I was still underwater. But carefully - I tested the proverbial waters, and realised I was actually back above the blue line. There was another land mass, much larger than the island I was on farther ahead. Yet the only way to reach it was by walking on a narrow sand bar connecting the two. The waves lapped over it, and I correctly presumed that the high tide would fully submerge it. Instead of crossing it quickly, I brought with me two large sheets of driftwood to walk across the sand safely, worried that I might get caught in quicksand and become easy pickings for the fish-people. Half-way through the crossing the sand bar was consumed by the high tide, and I paddled across on my wooden boards, my flippered feet kicking away the biting anglermaids as they tried their best to capsize me.

Making it to the other landmass in one piece, I removed my flippers and strung them about my neck. Though my tank was heavy, I kept it with me, as a good luck charm more than anything else. I could hear the sound of music and revelry, and I prayed this meant human civilisation, but nothing felt right about this. Keeping my knife with me, I pressed forwards, surprised to see a strange mixture of people wearing all kinds of fashions dancing around a fire that was being bellowed by a sawn-off plane engine, still attached to the wing it was cannibalised from.

I thought to leave, but the purple sky was turning to black, and no one seemed offended by my presence or my scuba gear, as there were alreaday people dressed in suits, in bikinis, in banana leaf, clown costumes or silks, and a whole host of clothes out of place and out of time. No one even minded that I bore a knife, and feeling no hostility, I put it away. I sat by the fire, but felt that something was eerie about all of this, and decided to leave. But for some reason I could not leave, and ended up staying for many years. I could only leave when a New Zealander and an Austrian arrived, and I hurriedly warned them to leave before they got too comfortable. I left, only now I no longer had my scuba gear. The two new arrivals had come here by boat, and I wanted to get to their boat to leave. They told me they had been sailing on the Eastern coast of America when they had gotten lost, and I criticised them heavily for relying completely on satnav. On the way through the jungle we were attacked by a gigantic centipede, and I saw my life flash before my eyes as I managed to pierce its head with my knife before it could bite me with its venomous jaws. After smashing its head with a big rock, all of its segments turned into crabs that scuttled away. The dream ended as I studied their log book to try and find out how they reached this place from the Western Atlantic, when I had gotten lost in the Indian Ocean.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 05:41:01 am by Loud Whispers »

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: May 26, 2022, 01:44:44 pm »

I find it annoying that my brain now associates bed with anxiety.
Its like a self-reinforcing loop now.

Sometimes it goes into excitement but it always ends up with me waking up at 2:00 AM.
Happens every second to third day. If I had a smart watch it would show my heart rate skyrocketing to 120.
I did the counting with a normal clock so I know its a 120 bpm.

I can be very well functioning, zero anxiety person trough the day and mostly worry-proof.
But at night I ruminate and think in a ways I couldn't possibly do during day time.
Its like my brain works at a different gear at that time. Processing everything that has happened and giving me a much higher resolution image of it.

New angles and more introspection that I would be able to do during my normal waking time.
Whatever.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: May 26, 2022, 01:57:56 pm »

Dreamt last night that I quit my job and was preparing to go work for the CIA.

Not sure if I qualify that as a nightmare but I was happy to wake up from it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 338