Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rise of the False Gods  (Read 4391 times)

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod
Rise of the False Gods
« on: August 30, 2012, 08:41:21 pm »

RISE OF THE FALSE GODS

For years dwarves have continuously dominated the worlds. Time and time again dwarves have risen to victory through all the challenges thrown at them. The dragons have been tamed, the giants slaughtered, the titans destroyed, the ettins decapitated, and the Clowns have been encased in obsidian. Goblins have been slaughtered by the thousands, elves have been snapped in half like twigs, kobolds have been stomped mercilessly, and the humans have been pillaged for all they're worth. Regardless of how hopeless, crazy, disheartening, disturbing or bazaar the lives of dwarves have been, they always seem to pull through (often using magma).
Not anymore.

Rise of the False Gods (RFG) is an intensifying mod that will at some point become a total conversion. For now it will simply be an expansion on vanilla.

The concept behind this mod is the image of a new found world where the mortal races cower in the nooks and crannies of the world while terrifying primal beasts stalk the realms. The mortals, in an attempt to save their short lives align themselves with these beasts and worship them as False Gods.
The game will kill a lot more dwarves, have a lot more danger, have a couple of surprises, and fight you at every turn. The game WILL start TRYING to kill you the second you start.

The mod is currently under construction, however it will include (at some point):
- A significantly increased variety of slavering killing machines plants and animals.
- A grossly unnecessary adequate list of megabeasts and semimegabeasts.
- A large limited selection of magical interactions, spells, and abilities. (NEED HELP WITH THIS SECTION)
- A higher probability (not a guarantee) that mortals will worship megabeasts.
- A couple of changes to weapons, specifically the ability to make them out of wood and stone early on (much like prehistoric humans).
- A lot of ways to die.

This mod is open to any who would like to collaborate. Igfig has already began researching how to create false gods and his research (this thread) is already being implemented. If anyone else has requests, comments, or submissions, be my guest to post. If you have ideas, it would go a long way towards getting them in the game if you were to help set them up and work on them. It's not required of course, but it will significantly increase their chance of being included soon. May the Gods show you their favor.

DOWNLOAD HERE:

« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 10:36:13 pm by Spiderking50 »
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the False Gods
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 09:30:35 pm »

Hmm, a few suggestions god-wise.

Bear/Wolf/Lion Gods: Powerful creatures, easly ten times the size of a normal beast of there kind and with skin as hard as steel, they pass on a transformation spell that turns you into a giant form of the aproprite animal.

Walking Hill: A lumbering, towering creature, the size of a Colossi with several layers of varying rocks caking it's skin, it gives it's worshipers the ability to transform into a hunk of pure rock (using the blob body template), alowing you to sustain any wound you might be faced with.

Fey King: A whooping stag-headed man, easly the size of a ogre and all muscle and sinew. Extremly fast and brutal in unarmed combat, he gives those who activly seek out his teaching the ability to take on a fraction of the bodly perfection he has.

Elder Thing: A betenticaled horror apperently not native to this plane, he still attracts cultists. Those who read his blessings loose the need to breath and can swim perfectly for the rest of there lives, and those effected by this can convert other creatures.

Magic Man: A strange berobed man, seemingly elderly and weak, he teach's the secrets of Telaportation (moving realy friggen fast) to those who dare to seek out his writings. Those who would attempt to slay him will find out that he is a master dodger and will probably send you drowning in a puddle.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 10:44:38 am »

Love the pretext, can't wait to see how this turns out, PTF.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 10:41:05 pm »

Download is now in a .zip file format and includes a few changes:

- MORE MEGABEASTS!!!
- A new evil siegeing race: The Nagas (Snake people).
- An expansion on religious spheres that allow more megabeasts to rise to power.
- A few entity tweaks.
- A removal of animal people (they still appear in artwork).
- Addition of animal gods that occasionally show up (still tweaking numbers to get them consistent).
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

wqaopl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2012, 09:53:44 am »

i have an idea - make all the basic metereals (wood,stone,mettle) for a fort a risk to get such as rock layers that make the miners week or gives them boils and mettle ore that looks identical to mettle ore that burns the lungs and scin or somthing horibble. the same can probably be done with wood and with effot traded items could carry infectins.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 09:59:43 am »

i have an idea - make all the basic metereals (wood,stone,mettle) for a fort a risk to get such as rock layers that make the miners week or gives them boils and mettle ore that looks identical to mettle ore that burns the lungs and scin or somthing horibble. the same can probably be done with wood and with effot traded items could carry infectins.
1. Wood, I don't think so. All the wood would evaporate at the beginning.
2. Metal ore? There's more than one metal. Surely you don't want him to do it with EVERY SINGLE DAMNED ore in the game?
3. Stone. Hm.....Ah yes, same problem.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 10:03:36 am »

I had "blacklung" disease coming from coal in Genesis for a long time. And it was somewhat okay, but you could not really control the situation, it was pretty random, so it was "your miners are screwed anyway" case which was not that fun gameplay-wise, so I scrapped it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 07:53:49 pm »

You need to update the link or the DFFD file...   :)
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 09:28:29 pm »

You need to update the link or the DFFD file...   :)

Wow that's embarassing. Forgot to hit the update button on DFFD... It's fixed now. Check it out. Tell me if you like the legends your getting. And if you could look out for the bear, scorpion, and crow gods that would be great. They aren't showing up as much as I'd like because they seem to kill each other (and everything else).

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 11:03:54 pm »

Hm, it seems to be an entire DF install probably with a save (23Mb)... is there just a zip of the mod?

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2012, 07:23:56 pm »

Riiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhttttttt..... Ok, not gonna lie I'm new to DFFD. Ok now it's a .zip of only the objects folder (367.2KB).