Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Help] No PageDown key  (Read 707 times)

Kravock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[Help] No PageDown key
« on: August 30, 2012, 09:01:17 pm »

Hello, I am trying LCS and I've found a problem... I dont have a PageDown key. Im playing on a laptop, and I have what should be a substitute key, but the game doesnt seem to recognize it. Any idea on how to solve this?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: [Help] No PageDown key
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 10:00:48 pm »

It sounds like you're playing the last version that Tarn Adams released, before moving away fully to work on other projects like Dwarf Fortress, from 2004 or thereabouts. Tarn released Liberal Crime Squad as an open source game, and it's been updated many times by fans since then. In the post stickied at the top of the forum, you can get the latest post-Bay12 version of the game, from just a couple months ago in 2012. It's much more stable and has loads of new content.

If you want to stick to the old version, there's a pretty easy fix, which is enabled by default in later versions -- you can edit the file init.txt in the same directory as the game, and change "pagekeys = page" to "pagekeys = brackets". This will let you use [ and ] to page instead of PgDn and PgUp. It should be really obvious what to do once you open the file.

Kravock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [Help] No PageDown key
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 06:12:32 am »

Oh great! Thanks! I think im moving to the newest version, then.